Sound effect from "So Fragile" by Pamsy needed!

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Sound effect from "So Fragile" by Pamsy needed!

Post by the_ditz » 13 Apr 2009, 10:38

I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to recreate a specific sound that is featured in "So Fragile" by Pamsy.

You can hear it around the 16 second mark, after the quiet intro. It's the shuddering synth sound that builds in volume right before the beat drops.

I know that it's probably a number of synth layers with some effects added to give it the "shuddering" sound, but I just wondered if anyone had recreated that sort of sound before with any success.

Just so you know, my resources are limited to FL Studio 8 Producer's Edition with Sytrus, z3ta+ and Pro-53 VST plugins. So a VST synth with effect would be preferable for me...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

showbiznine
Euro To B

Post by showbiznine » 13 Apr 2009, 14:06

I'm not sure about how to make the synth sound, sounds like a few modified saw to me tho. But the shuddering effect was probably made with a gater and a bit of modulation on the dry/wet levels, there are free vsts that can do this such as stormgate1.

Theres also a bit of low pass modulation to give it that "wamp" sound, which you can do easily with "fruity fast LP". Hope that helped.
Be a part of my Anime Remixes album: http://theanimeremixes.livejournal.com

E-Mail me at showbiznine@hotmail.com for details.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 13 Apr 2009, 14:30

Okay, I'll try them out - thanks for the advice!