Super Eurobeat 198

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Jun 2009, 05:25

Nine
I think Futura has potential, she just needs better produced songs. Her vocal qualities remind me of Nuage's, except weaker. Shes definitely not the worst singer ABeatC has had. (Kelly T anyone? :p) Her harmonies are beautiful, and I think another producer would be able to create something more fitting for her style, like Dima or Sinclairestyle.
I'm wondering why poor Kelly T. got thrown into this? :( She had some really nice songs: Shining Like A Lucky Star & Take Me To Heaven and has nice mellow vocals.

That fact that Futura sounds like a mini me version of Domino is quite disturbing :???:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 09 Jun 2009, 10:39

Eheh Futura's song is growing on me! :|
How on earth.....
Is that possible :???:

Because I still think this is Eurobeat's worst track ever : :o

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 09 Jun 2009, 14:15

drnrg wrote:Nine
I think Futura has potential, she just needs better produced songs. Her vocal qualities remind me of Nuage's, except weaker. Shes definitely not the worst singer ABeatC has had. (Kelly T anyone? :p) Her harmonies are beautiful, and I think another producer would be able to create something more fitting for her style, like Dima or Sinclairestyle.
I'm wondering why poor Kelly T. got thrown into this? :( She had some really nice songs: Shining Like A Lucky Star & Take Me To Heaven and has nice mellow vocals.

That fact that Futura sounds like a mini me version of Domino is quite disturbing :???:
I never said Kelly T songs were bad. Her songs are quite good - thats the point actually... the difference between making Kelly T songs sound good and Futura songs sound bad is all in the production of the song. The way the song is made is influenced in the way the singer sings and how they arrange the vocals, etc.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 09 Jun 2009, 16:25

I thought the Futura was pure poo poo and I don't say that. It was the whole production that made it sound like a demo (i.e. the same way "Let's Go Wild" sounded unpolished compared to the rest of Sinclaire's recent songs). The vocals sounds flat and that could be due to production and any sort of riff seemed out of place.

On the other hand, I was enthralled with entries by Cherry, Pamsy, Virginelle, Veronika, and the Christine/Irene duo.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Jun 2009, 05:36

Hinally remebered where Rumringo's chorus was kinda inspered from.....Maio & Co. -Master Blaster

ex:
Rumiringo, let your body go
Master Blaster- set Your Body Free

hehe, I knew it would come to me :wink:

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 11 Jun 2009, 20:28

My initial review of the new songs (and note that my opinions are subject to change upon more listening):
10.) STAR HEART / Vicky Vale - It's a pretty decent song. The tune sounds pretty catchy (a.k.a. it caught my attention) and isn't too bad. I kind of don't understand why the song is called "STAR HEART", even though the two words are mentioned in the song, apart from each other.

11.) KEEP FALL IN LOVE / Cherry - I really, really like the sound of this song! It's really nice to listen to. On the other hand, I hate the lyrics (I'm not the biggest fan of romantic songs). =[ I want some more Pop/Rock sounding Cherry songs...

12.) SPEED DEMON / Stephy - I don't really like Stephy's vocals on this. =\ They annoy me, even though I do think her vocals sound strong. They're...like, that weird deep/high-medium kind of vocals that almost sound that they could shatter something to me. The tune itself is fine though. =3

13.) DREAM / Krystal - I actually like this song. It sounded a bit different from other Dima productions that I have heard. I really like that slight Spanish flavour to the melody as well. x3

14.) SUNSHINE BABY / Pamsy - Okay, this was the first new song that struck me as "FUN!" and "AWESOME!". The song is ear catching and full of fun, bright energy.

15.) I'M SUPERSTAR / Futura - I had mixed feelings about this song. For a Eurobeat song, this...well, sucks. However, if this was a pop song (like what plays on the radio here in the USA today), it'd be pretty decent. The tune kind of...has a more pop sound (like what plays on the radio today), than Eurobeat. So...this song is okay to me. If Futura's vocals were in better English, I'd say a lot of Top 40 listeners could listen to this and like it for some reason. XD

16.) KOKO SOKO / Peek-a-Boo - WHY IS THIS ON HERE?! ...8D I love this song though. Though, between the three versions (the original, this version, and the Speedogang version), I prefer the Speedogang version. XD There's really not much else to say except that this is a fun song and reflects the "Bubble Dance" portion of the title (that isn't displayed on the back).

17.) THE POWER OF LOVE / Virginelle - This was a pretty decent song. Nice to see a new Virginelle song! Though, like the rest of these songs, there wasn't really anything that stood out.

18.) S.O.S. / Veronica - I was actually disappointed with this. =[ I was expecting a REALLY booming bass, like VKTRS and "MAMA MIA" had and something that didn't sound like Time's older sound, a bit before Eurogrooves. The only part I really like in this is during the verses, but the choruses...feels flat. ...and I REALLY wanna hear more original songs from Eurogrooves, not covers.

19.) EASY COME & EASY GO / Christine & Irene - I felt this was another really fun song!

20.) WROOM WROOM SUPERCAR / Black Eva - Pretty decent. I got this already off of Eurobeat Anthems.

30.) RUMIRINGO SUPERSTAR / Hi-NRG All Stars - I already heard this a while ago and it's kinda FAIL TO ME. I actually thought it was originally about Rumiringo (for those who don't know who she is, she's a parapara dancer), but after reading the lyrics, I think possible the first two lines actually talk about her, than nothing else does. Why is this called "Rumiringo Superstar" if it's not about Rumiringo? I kind of have mixed feelings about this song...not sure how to describe it.

-----------------
I actually only bought this CD because "LIVE IN TOKYO" was on it. 8D; And I haven't heard that forever.

I'm not really too much a fan of female Eurobeat artists (though, admittedly, that has to do more with the themes female vocals sing than the female vocals themselves), so that might have affected my opinions.

I honestly think SCP had the best new songs. XD
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 12 Jun 2009, 04:40

eurobeat songs arent always about their titles, many songs don't even mention the song title in the lyrics.

rumiringo is not a model, not a parapara dancer, she's used for promotion only.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 12 Jun 2009, 07:39

taQ wrote: rumiringo is not a model, not a parapara dancer, she's used for promotion only.
so a better word then is celebrity since she does have some fame?
Last edited by Tiger on 12 Jun 2009, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Jun 2009, 08:33

I don't know , but she is pretty damn cute. She doesn't look 21, more like in her teens. :wink:

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 12 Jun 2009, 17:57

taQ wrote:eurobeat songs arent always about their titles, many songs don't even mention the song title in the lyrics.
I usually tend to hear the title somewhere in the songs though. o_o; Or maybe I don't usually notice when they don't mention the titles.
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Jun 2009, 00:59

trainerkelly
15.) I'M SUPERSTAR / Futura - I had mixed feelings about this song. For a Eurobeat song, this...well, sucks. However, if this was a pop song (like what plays on the radio here in the USA today), it'd be pretty decent. The tune kind of...has a more pop sound (like what plays on the radio today), than Eurobeat. So...this song is okay to me. If Futura's vocals were in better English, I'd say a lot of Top 40 listeners could listen to this and like it for some reason. XD
You just further emphasized how bad that song is, by comparing it to top 40 music. Top 40 music of today sucks eggs....unless it's Rock

yeah, i'll stick that Futura trainwreck along with all that Flo-Rida, T.I. , Rihanna crap anyday :P

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 Jun 2009, 13:34

You just further emphasized how bad that song is, by comparing it to top 40 music. Top 40 music of today sucks eggs....unless it's Rock

yeah, i'll stick that Futura trainwreck along with all that Flo-Rida, T.I. , Rihanna crap anyday :P
Now now...no need to bring Rhianna into this...lol

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 13 Jun 2009, 14:13

para_rigby wrote:

UMBRELLA... ELLA... ELLA... ELLA... ELLA... ELLA... E... E... E... E... :D

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 Jun 2009, 16:19

Shawaazu wrote:
para_rigby wrote:

UMBRELLA... ELLA... ELLA... ELLA... ELLA... ELLA... E... E... E... E... :D
Lolz :D I always thought that DISTURBIA would make for an interesting Eurobeat remix.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 15 Jun 2009, 05:01

As predicted, I kinda like the Futura song. : ) It's not bad at all, it's just missing a nice bassline. Comparing it to pop is stupid. Just because it has some Arabian sounds in it, doesn't mean One Night In Arabia is pop.
And it isn't Futura's voice that sucks. If there's anything 'wrong' with the song, it's the production (lack of bassline, mostly). It might sound like crap to most of you, but that's because it comes after an awesome Pamsy song, and is followed by a bass-bomb by SAIFAM.

Other than that; where are my male vocals? Even though I'm missing them less than I missed the female vocals a month ago. But I like it. The first part was nicely mixed by DJ Yossy, making those overly played songs a bit less boring and a bit more energetic.