Hidden gem of the week!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Dec 2009, 05:50

ryosuke63
the_ditz wrote:
I "rediscovered" this track on a Eurobeat mix CD I made for the car the other day...

What Kind Of Cure / Kasanova (SEB 177)

This alias in general had never actually had the balls to grab my attention before, and most of his tracks were way to sappy or weedy to appeal at all (the awful Hug Me is a prime example). But somehow for this track, Dall'ora injected some raw testosterone, especially during that angsty, industrious intro. I adore the melody in this track, and it has stood the test of time well to become one of my favourite Time tracks from that era.

You realize it's a cover of Lou Grant's What Kind Of Cure right?

yeah, this is one of those covers that Dall Ora really did do magic with. Just the fact the the original was eons slower in bpms alone, shows what Dall Ora can do wonders with a remake. I wish he had concentrated more on the older 90's tracks than the newer 2000s for remakes.

other mastrerpieces include,

Love For Money
Dark In The Night
Just A Game
Maharaja Nights
My World
oh and a little diddy called HEARTBREAKER.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 25 Dec 2009, 17:13

Haha, yeah the Heartbreaker remake was awesome.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Dec 2009, 12:28

ryosuke63 wrote:
the_ditz wrote:I "rediscovered" this track on a Eurobeat mix CD I made for the car the other day...

What Kind Of Cure / Kasanova (SEB 177)

This alias in general had never actually had the balls to grab my attention before, and most of his tracks were way to sappy or weedy to appeal at all (the awful Hug Me is a prime example). But somehow for this track, Dall'ora injected some raw testosterone, especially during that angsty, industrious intro. I adore the melody in this track, and it has stood the test of time well to become one of my favourite Time tracks from that era.
You realize it's a cover of Lou Grant's What Kind Of Cure right?

Hey, I didn't realise that - cool! I don't go in much for the older Eurobeat, but I may check that out...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Mar 2010, 11:04

HRG 513 - Dolly Pop- There's Something In The Air

For me this song is brand new, but it seems it was written already a few years back. I have been noticing that most of HRG Attack's trax during this era had incredible intros. The one from this song reminds me a lot of the intro from Baby One- Let Your Mama Send You Buy The Milk. The chord progression also follows the same route. I'm wondering if any of the experts out there can tell me if there is just one vocalist or if there is two. It sounds like a another vocal enters right after the first verse. I know it might just be the same girl with voice effects, but I really like what they did there. Who knows for sure?

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 11 Mar 2010, 02:37

Martina Dry - Like a Song in my Heart
Squeaky chipmunk pitched vocals, catchy sing-a-long melody. Need I say more? Like the chipmunk rapping in the intro, too.

Mara Nell - Tom Tom Go!
Fast, energetic, no chipmunks here. Racing-themed lyrics. Melody's voice harkens back to the Eurobeat Flash and early Euromach eras.

[/b]

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Hidden gem of the week!

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 15 May 2019, 12:02

My hidden gem of the week is this ol' style Eurobeat-song from Max & Company. It's called "Dirty Boy":

youtu.be/EjxA54O4nvA

This track came immediately in my playlist. No need to think about it. I clicked, I heard, I loved it. :grin: One reason is, that this song has many similarities to Max Coveri's "Toy Boy", which is also in my playlist. Why I never discovered this sooner?

I hope to find another "Eurobeat-gem", I want my playlist to grow even more.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Re: Hidden gem of the week!

Post by drnrg » 24 May 2019, 08:56

hey Phil jay if you like that one you willl certainly like the version by Max Coveri. A different song but follows almost the same exact music structure. This one is also obviously produced at TIME studios.

Search for Max Coveri - Toy Boy