Super Eurobeat 202

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 12 Apr 2010, 03:58

drnrg wrote:6. GoGo Girls- My Hot Guitar (GGMs)
First off, Am I the only thinking her hot guitar is her P***y?
You're probably right. Honestly I didn't even pay attention to the lyrics before people started mentioning it was full of sexual innuendos.

In my opinion, Elena Gobbi just doesn't sound good singing a song like this anymore; actually, it's almost pathetic. A couple of years ago, sure, it was fine. 'I Wanna Be Fat' was ingenious; the lyrics were great, Gobbi was on top of her game and the song was very catchy. 'My Hot Guitar,' however, sounds too basic and Gobbi's vocals have changed too much to really bring out the 'lol' factor in the song.

While I don't mind the risque lyrics (I think it's funny), that's not enough to make a good song; everything else needs to compliment them.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 12 Apr 2010, 06:39

Anyway I found the ''new'' Lolita.. :')

:Irene

I only listen to old Lolita stuff these days.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 12 Apr 2010, 06:47

Well a lot of Irene/Romy/Rosemary songs sound like Lolita songs with SCP instrumentation to be honest. Not that that's a bad thing. It also helps that her voice sounds similar.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 12 Apr 2010, 16:20

Review time, Take note that these are just personal opinions and does not represent anyone else's.

1. Coolover - Irene
With 201 featuring a "comeback" by Irene [Yo Shine], I can't help but feel glad considering that I am quite positive of her works. Coolover adds up to that list of wonderful songs featuring a really pleasant melody and a great chorus. However, what made me slightly annoyed was the stretch towards the end where the song was basically pitched up to a point where it became a little hard to listen to and that receives one point off, Please, SCP, no more of this trick. Otherwise, Great song to carry on the streak.
Grade : 9/10

2. Ready Forever - Chris Stanton
A Perfect Hero rocks, This rocks even more. The intro receives special credit from me as it sounded really fitting and nice, giving me the impression of a small house fire building up before exploding into an inferno. The melody is nigh energetic and extremely catchy and is probably perfect material for anyone wanting an adrenaline rush for whatever reasons. Everything fits perfectly and imo, this is one of the highlights of the album that shouldn't be miss!
Grade : 10+++

3. Dreamlover - Paul Harris
Behold, The best song Paul Harris has released so far. There's nothing particularly worth mentioning but with it's catchy beat and chorus, It just works really well and although not a highlight of this album, does leave me wanting to listen to more whenever I loop 202.
Grade : 9 1/2/10

4. Hanky Panky - Bubbles
The positive aspect of this song is the melody, I like it a lot and is actually pretty infectious. Now with that out of the way, Let's talk about the wackiness and the craziness that this song promotes [ala Scream Team/Sticky Tricky Bang style], which is in my opinion, negative as I can't stand them. Like most of the reviews here, One of the problems seem to be the massive lalalalas that are present, which I agree with wholeheartedly. Could have sounded better if it was modified into a more mature, serious nature.
Grade : 7/10

5. Go Shinkansen! - Cherry & Luke
A familiar PA system broadcast intro sets the stage for the best song on the entire album! An all around excellent song featuring an unforgettable melody coupled with a simple yet effective "Go ... SHINKANSEN!" chorus and good vocalwork by Cherry & Luke, which I think have good chemistry. For some reason, This song reminds me so much of the much older Go Say Goal! but I digress. Nothing comes close, The absolute winner of the album.
Grade : 10+++++/10

6. My Hot Guitar - Go Go Girls
I think I'll stick with more replays with Nightrain. Quite frankly, Aside from the rather good melody, Everything is rather lacklustre and while I admit that the lyrics are rather "dirty", It really didn't help much and in the end, Not really a song I would favour.
Grade : 5/10

7. I Can't Stop Loving You - Dream Fighters
This is crap, This is easily the worst song Dima has released so far. It's a bore fest just listening to this song and overall just sounds extremely uninspired. I will still look forward to his productions though but this song really falls flat on so many levels. Avoid and hope for the better in 203.
Grade : 4/10

8. Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars - Princess F
I hate HRG attack, First they slap me in the face with the awesome In Your Car and now there's this sh ... crappy song. It definitely isn't anywhere near the blasphemy presented on 192 but it isn't saying much. The vocals are beyond annoying and the over-wacky and childish melody just gets on my nerve really fast. The reference to Video Killed The Radio Star is also rather annoying, but the "hidden" message in this song is well worth applauding to.
Grade : 4/10

9. Playboy - Apple
There is no doubt that this is essentially Hey Boy all over again, only difference being that this one is 1000x better. Like the other Eurogroove production on this CD, It is full of energy and aggression and that's USUALLY a good thing. The extremely cool melody being the point of this song. Conclusion : It's Hey Boy again, Just miles better. Another highlight of the album.
Grade : 10+++/10

10. New Technological World - F.C.F
Trust me when I say it's not psychological at all when I say that Saifam always ends up in the middle for me because of repeated listens and losing its initial awesome-ness. I never really heard that original but hey. this is pretty cool stuff, I especially loved the "It's A Technological (World)" that is being said at each riff.
Grade : 8/10

11. I Wanna Run To You - Mickey B
I am definitely not exaggerating when I say that I hasn't once been disappointed by Mickey B ever since her debut and her comeback on 191 made ge really glad to hear her again. This is no exception and in fact, I thought it was one of the better songs she has released so far, overshadowing A Neverending Night. Awesome intro + Awesome melody and well done vocals make this another win to the streak. The final highlight of the album.
Grade : 10+++/10

12. All Around The World [Euromix] - Dave Rodgers feat M.Landau
Considering the credentials attached to this song, I should love this song to death. While I kinda like this song, It isn't exactly as good as I had expected as I occasionally feel that something went out of place and at times, It feels pretty hollow/bland and yet it has one of the longest running times of the album. I can't say much but just a small thought, The neuro mix of Above The Light or some other songs euro-mixed from Blow Your Mind would have made this album better.
Grade : 7 1/2/10

13. Hide & Seek - AAA [SCP revamp mix]
Didn't like the original, This isn't any different.

14. Don't Turn It Off [Headrush version] - Go 2
[Copy pasted]
Didn't like the original, This isn't any different.

Final thoughts : 202 definitely overshadows 201, although both are good. Features a couple crappy songs but then, the good ones are enough to account for it.

Best 3/4 :
Go Shinkansen! - Cherry & Luke
Ready Forever - Chris Stanton/Playboy - Apple
I Wanna Run To You - Mickey B

Worst 3 :
Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars - Princess F
I Can't Stop Loving You - Dream Fighters
Don't Turn It Off [Headrush version] - Go 2

HM :
None

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Apr 2010, 22:38

WNight
Like most of the reviews here, One of the problems seem to be the massive lalalalas that are present, which I agree with wholeheartedly. Could have sounded better if it was modified into a more mature, serious nature.
Question is....does anyone here actually think those lalalas served a purpose on this song other than to have the listener say WTF?

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 13 Apr 2010, 00:31

i always liked reading reviews but these days it seems members just tend to out do each other. bore's reviews always rock and show quality

i think these days a few listeners are over analysing eurobeat, since most songs have always had aweful english and crazy sounds and melodies it just feels so wrong to see so many reviews shiting on the albums and artists that we suposidly love...i guess everyones entitled to an opinion but i thinks some take it to a level of seriousness that eurobeat will never be! cmon guys its meant to be fun, chirpy, crazy, insane, odd, wierd and funny somes times anoying its eurobeat

i have only just received my cd like 10 mins ago and its currently being put into itunes with 3 songs listened to, i quite like this album, but not as much as 201 just yet!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 13 Apr 2010, 02:57

Gorgia_v wrote:i always liked reading reviews but these days it seems members just tend to out do each other. bore's reviews always rock and show quality

i think these days a few listeners are over analysing eurobeat, since most songs have always had aweful english and crazy sounds and melodies it just feels so wrong to see so many reviews shiting on the albums and artists that we suposidly love...i guess everyones entitled to an opinion but i thinks some take it to a level of seriousness that eurobeat will never be! cmon guys its meant to be fun, chirpy, crazy, insane, odd, wierd and funny somes times anoying its eurobeat
Just curious, but what do you expect us to say when reviewing a eurobeat song? If you're referring to people complaining about those annoying sounds in SCP songs (and if I recall correctly even you complained about them in the SEB201 thread), then that's in fact a major reason why I can't take most of their productions seriously anymore. Granted, I don't have problems with anybody who actually enjoys those sounds and they have a right to praise them if they so wish. If you're referring to something else, please enlighten us.

And when you say that eurobeat is meant to be "chirpy, crazy, insane, odd, weird and funny," you're referring to only a very small fraction of eurobeat songs. Don't be so quick to dismiss the more mature/"serious" eurobeat that Eurogrooves, Delta, Dima, SinclaireStyle and A-Beat C dish out, which seems to make up the majority these days.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 13 Apr 2010, 03:08

I am able to say a few words here courtesy of an asian site I randomly came across that just streamed the whole thing.

I am proudly using the rating system developed by our fearless
leader, Sir Bore.

Super Eurobeat 202 - Extended Version ...

01. Irene – CooLoveR

A whole inchwise shift closer to eurobeat side than Power of Love, still falls off the center to the eurodance side.

Rating: Half Meh ....

02. Chris Stanton - Ready Forever

Repetitive and impactless..

Full meh

03. Paul Harris - Dreamlover

Chorus is weirdly sung in a manner worthy of some performanes I observed on funerals. I love going to those. Funerals rule..!..
Ultimately song is very repetitive and has significant annoying points.

Full and honorable Ubermeh rating.

~~~

04. Bubbles - Hanky Panky

This makes Aqua look like Beethoven in comparison.
This is to Saifam cheese as a real crab is to an immitation crab sticks..

..riff features a most unnoying sound in the world.

Full power Double Whammy Ubermeh…!!..

05. Cherry & Luke - Go Shinkansen!

..does have a good b-melo…
Yet it’s the chorus that shoots this dog..

Kinda reminds of ol’ days Bratt or Foglia stuff.

Meh..

06. Go Go Girls - My Hot Guitar

Disney style flashbacks...tiredly semi-cheerfull, cheesy and forgetfull.. ..

Meh…

07. Dream Fighters - I Can't Stop Lovin' You

It get’s full double plused Ken Blast Head rating..!..

Very solid and creates a genuine impact…!..

08. Princess F. - Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars

It gets solid half meh...

...‘cause song is not devoid of highlights..
Lyrics is witty..yet delivery is evil..overprocessed much..!..
Helium Empire strikes back…!!!!...

~~~

09. Apple - Playboy

7-A seems to be sleeping on the job..

Repetitiveness is the word..

Meh….

10. F.C.F. - New Technological World .

Intro is majestic here..second part of chorus is not bad either..

Still, it sins in repetitiveness….yet arrangement has interesting twists..

half meh for some originality trickle..
~~~

11. Mickey B. - I Wanna Run To You

I double double plused Ken Blast Head it…!!

Majestic…….!!!!!!!!!!!!........

12. Dave Rodgers feat. M. Landau - All Around The World

Deserves a solid single plus rating....

Song is definitely not repetitive…!...I’ll happily give it that…
Yes, on this album it must be an achivement..

13. AAA - Hide & Seek <SCP>

No j-pop should be on SEB…period..…!..
Still song is by itself is a solid half plus.
Btw, it ain’t eurobeat …!...

14. Go 2 - Don't Turn It Off <Headrush>

Uber…!!….meh……!!

We call this kinda sh... stuff *govnorock* in da East E…

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 13 Apr 2010, 03:30

1. Coolover - Irene
We get a lot of Irene and other aliases these days, and I think my expectations just rise every time. This is a very good song, yet I can't help but compare it to Power Of My Love and it's just not as hype.

2. Ready Forever - Chris Stanton
Somehow the lyrics and general vocal flow don't click for me here. Too bad, because the synthline/intro is insane.

3. Dreamlover - Paul Harris
This is great use of back vocals, with Clara giving Paul exactly the right touch I like. I enjoy the bridge (b-melo) and synths the best, but the sabi is very catchy still.

4. Hanky Panky - Bubbles
I think both vocalists are doing sweet work, but the song itself is not my favourite. It's catchy though, maybe it will grow on me like kooky spooky.

5. Go Shinkansen! - Cherry & Luke
Yes, I love duets! This is a good one, and by Morris Capaldi (big bad and hot love, anyway anymore), This song us great, despite the slightly repetitive sabi.

6. My Hot Guitar - Go Go Girls
Now we're talking. Yes to long guitar solos in the middle of Eurobeat tracks, more please! And for once the lyrics, as silly and sexual as they get, are not 100% random. It's reassuring to know Gobi and Gatti are not losing their edge, this reminds me of stuff like Hot For Your Body, and I like it.
Grade : 10/10

7. I Can't Stop Loving You - Dream Fighters
Wow. Dima is pure epicness at his full force here. That sabi is HAUNTING. It gives me chills everytime, no mistake! I miss his speedy style, but this is fair enough...
Grade : 10/10

8. Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars - Princess F
I think this is a cool twist on a classic. I don't get tired of the new Hi-NRG vocalist eitherway, what is her name already? If hope they don't only have one left though. Once again even Hi-NRG manages to write more sensible lyrics than Times (oops, I meant Eurogrooves), plus the flow is better.

9. Playboy - Apple
Now this is as random as lyrics can get. Hey Superman, fabulous game wonderful flower love is passion. Yeah right :P The melody and general arrangements are super groovy, so it's a pass.
Grade : 6/10

10. New Technological World - F.C.F
This song seems predictable at first, but it's in a pretty unusual structure for Eurobeat, with no B-melo/second verse, but a rather epic and extra long sabi, which seems to continue during the synthline... I enjoy this.

11. I Wanna Run To You - Mickey B
A-Beat-C is hit or miss for me these days. This is hit, definitely. The vocals are beautiful, and laid out on a magnificently arranged song. The part I prefer are the verses, but the whole song flows perfectly.

12. All Around The World [Euromix] - Dave Rodgers feat M.Landau
A-Beat-C is hit or miss for me these days. This is MISS. Nothing much to say about it. The vocals don't fit the melody, which isn't very consistent itself.
Grade : 1/10

13. Hide & Seek - AAA [SCP revamp mix]
I must honestly say I haven't given this one much listening yet, and mostly listened to it in order to review it. J-pop is not my thing really, nevermind a few artists.

14. Don't Turn It Off [Headrush version] - Go 2
I love Don't Turn It Off, but this just doesn't cut it compared to the Eurobeat version. I would have liked to hear something with more metal taste to it.

Final thoughts : There are less disappointments on here than on 201, and some really memorable songs too I think. Big up Delta, Go Go's, Dima and all the other labels featured, nobody left us empty-handed this time.

Best 3 :
I Can't Stop Loving You - Dream Fighters
My Hot Guitar - Go Go Girls
I Wanna Run To You - Mickey B/Dreamlover - Paul Harris

Worst 3 :
Hide & Seek - AAA [SCP revamp mix]
Don't Turn It Off [Headrush version] - Go 2
All Around The World [Euromix] - Dave Rodgers feat M.Landau

Honorable mention: Eurogrooves, SCP, Hi NRG Attack or Boom Boom Beat didn't hit the best spot this time, but gave us some very enjoyable songs nevertheless.

Average Grade of SEB 202: 7/10
Last edited by MAtRiCks on 13 Apr 2010, 03:41, edited 6 times in total.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 13 Apr 2010, 03:32

This is the Double Plused Ken Blast Head that I used in SEB 202 rating.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 13 Apr 2010, 03:44

MAtRiCks wrote: 9. Playboy - Apple
Now this is as random as lyrics can get. Hey Superman, fabulous game wonderful flower love is passion. Yeah right :P The melody and general arrangements are super groovy, so it's a pass.
lol as much as I adore this track I'd have to agree that the lack of effort Time/Eurogrooves puts in to their lyrics is quite blatant.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Apr 2010, 04:06

Vadim wrote:Image

This is the Double Plused Ken Blast Head that I used in SEB 202 rating.
That's Kyonpalm/Ryusuke. Ken Blast would have one or two zits.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Apr 2010, 07:00

Densetsu13
MAtRiCks wrote:

9. Playboy - Apple
Now this is as random as lyrics can get. Hey Superman, fabulous game wonderful flower love is passion. Yeah right The melody and general arrangements are super groovy, so it's a pass.

lol as much as I adore this track I'd have to agree that the lack of effort Time/Eurogrooves puts in to their lyrics is quite blatant.
Difference in opinion is quite strong here since I love the sing along effect Eurogrooves, HRG Attack and DELTA usually inspires in me with thier. thier lyriics. Playboy's lyrics are especially uplifting and both Eurogrooves songs have a spin me round line in them :D

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 13 Apr 2010, 07:48

1. Irene - CooLoveR (6)
Nice chorus, otherwise just your average eurobeat song. Usually Sinclaire gets bashed for his high synths, but I don't like the way SCP utilizes them.

2. Chris Stanton - Ready Forever (7.5)
I agree with the doctor here, Dall'Ora makes great intros. This song reminds me of the early nineties. Indeed when Gino Caria sang for Time Records. I think DeLeo isn't there yet, but he's certainly in the race for Gino-like vocals.

3. Paul Harris - Dreamlover (8 )
Very good song - really wasn't expecting anything like this. Good heavy synths, great vocals.

4. Bubbles - Hanky Panky (5)
Annoying song, I'd rather hear SCP songs like Tomas Lee - Midnight or Dusty - I Wanna Take A Chance.

5. Cherry & Luke - Go Shinkansen! (5)
I don't like the synths and lyrics.

6. Go Go Girls - My Hot Guitar (7)
I don't see the problem with this song, actually. The vocal melodies of A-melo are well done, I think it's a solid song.

7. Dream Fighters - I Can't Stop Loving You (6.5)
I expected more from this artist, and even it is not a song I would listen to very much it is not bad.

8. Princess F - Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars (4)
Yes there is piracy - but still it's also a matter of song quality and availability. Regarding availability of HRG songs I can't complain at all. But I wouldn't buy a song with such thin vocals and such a weird synth line. Also not with warped vocals (other songs) or all those weird (although very creative) HRG titles (especially on their recent Crazy World Of Franz Tornado). Sure there are HRG songs with more usual subjects, but there are only very few with good music, good vocals and lyrics that I like. Ofcourse there are some great exceptions and I'm happy to buy those.

9. Apple - Playboy (6)
Even though I usally like the works of Dall'Ora, this just doesn't interest me much.

10. F.C.F. - New Technological World (8.5)
F.C.F. is a great name with a great history. It's always been something to look out for. This is no exception, it's a great song! With the great or should I say PERFECT voice of Mauro Farina. For some reason, this reminds me of Alan Barry - Hie Hie Hie.

11. Mickey B. - I Wanna Run To You (8 )
Very good song - even though it is very similar to one of Lolita's best songs: Baby Tonight. But that's only a good thing!

12. Dave Rodgers - All Around The World (4)
I like better parts of the song (synths) but the bad parts are so annoying that I don't know what to think of it. This song will probably not be on my play list, despite the nice synth melody.

13. AAA - Hide & Seek (2)
Terrible song

14. Go 2 - Don't Turn It (headrush mix) (no grade)
I think they did a great job to create this sound for the song. But I'm not into rock music, so I'd rather skip this one.

Favs:
F.C.F. - New Technological World
Mickey B. - I Wanna Run To You
Paul Harris - Dreamlover

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 13 Apr 2010, 12:46

hey Jay,

actually what i said wasi "the HEY yells can be annoying!!" but i didnt say anyting else bad about SCP or anything else in that regard, i think i actually praised SCP in the full comment!

you said you cant take their most of scp productions seriously anymore? with a song title like hanky panky is there a serious nature to it? and then you have a normal song title like "love countdown" and that is also not a serious song

i am more refering to members who review a song with 2 words that are just opinions rather than a review such as
"Terrible song "
"Full meh "
"I don't like this song"
"Didn't like the original, This isn't any different. "
These arnt reviews, they are just personal opinions a good reviewist goes into detail about the song, and its not about what they expect from the artist because a previous song was good, or the artist has a good rep in good songs

yes there are some "mature/agressive" eurobeat titles, but even they dont have the best lyrics, as they dont always have the best structure in english, taking into account that English isnt their first language. and at most times they are quirky, funny, and crazy and still they sometimes have some crazy mellodies, intro's and sound effects mixed into them

i am not going to go into the ratio of mature agressive titles and non agressive mature there there is pretty much an even spread of these titles accross the albums in a whole and there is no real point to that