Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Music that is not eurobeat!
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 31 May 2010, 10:51

That link isn't working - just taking me to a page called MyBookFace.net...

But judging from the URL of the link, I'm guessing that it is some kind of meme including the really camp dance that the guy with the saxophone in the Moldovan entry did?? That was hilarious :D

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 01 Jun 2010, 11:16

Musically I think this year's contest was the worst since 2005 but it did have a lot of goodness in it in any case. Moldova and Romania were my biggest favorites. The winner was deserving even though it wasn't in my top 20. I'm definitely going to Germany next year :D

Finland missing out on the final by mere three points was a shame but then again, I never liked the song, either, even though the performance was brilliant. Actually, if France hadn't requested their voting obligation to be moved from the second semi to the first, Moldova would've scored three points less and according to the tie-break rules, the tenth qualifier would've been Finland. Oh well.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Jun 2010, 13:04

UFOPOLI wrote:Musically I think this year's contest was the worst since 2005 but it did have a lot of goodness in it in any case.
I have to disagree to a certain extent, as overall the quality of the songs in this year's contest was very high. Granted, there weren't really any standouts, but I could easily have 25-30 tracks playing on repeat in my car without having to skip any tracks, and that very rarely happens.

Post contest, the tracks that keep drawing me back for more and more are France, Romania and Germany. I'm trying to get the inspiration to start work on a DTZ Project Eurobeat remake of the Romanian entry, but although I can hear the structure and melodies in my head, I'm finding it difficult at the moment to translate those into a physical song! I'll keep at it :P

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 22 Jun 2010, 11:18

the_ditz wrote:I'm trying to get the inspiration to start work on a DTZ Project Eurobeat remake of the Romanian entry, but although I can hear the structure and melodies in my head, I'm finding it difficult at the moment to translate those into a physical song! I'll keep at it :P
Sounds good! Let us hear know if you end up with something.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 23 Jun 2010, 17:02

I just had to post this here... A Finnish artist has already covered Satellite and I'm absolutely bewildered by the track. It sounds okay, but at the same time pretty horrible. Anyways the biggest surprise is that they put up a song so fast after the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isr5wra8F-Q