Super Eurobeat 205

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Jul 2010, 01:23

Jay wrote:Anyway, I don't really want to post a massive overall review of this album since I don't think it's necessary. Other than Ester, I enjoyed every song from the album. The two standouts were Radiorama and Vicky Vale - both are absolutely INCREDIBLE tunes. I'm really amazed that Saifam was able to dish out something unique and enjoyable to listen to for a change.

Likewise, I'm very happy that HRG have proven to us again that they're capable of producing something outside of their comfort zone. Cy-Ro's song is definitely the best song that HRG have put out this decade so far, but that wasn't very hard to achieve considering all their other songs this decade were absolutely loathsome.
Finally an album he likes...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Jul 2010, 04:41

sorry for double post but it seems that "It's all up to you" is only 128 BPM! We're getting incredibly slow BPMs these days... "All Is Magic" by Manuel is only 132 BPM and "I Belong To You" by Stephy is also 132BPM. Hardly near usual Eurobeat BPMs... I've seen 140BPM but 128 BPM is like... SPEED THAT UP!

*speeds it up to 150BPM*

Sounds cool lol.

P.S I'm speaking of "modern" eurobeat here. Not old Eurobeat and Italo-disco.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 18 Jul 2010, 15:37

Lebon14 wrote:Finally an album he likes...
Well, I liked 201 and 204 as well, but what really brought those albums down were the usual suspects: HRG and GGM. I really didn't like 203 for the simple fact that it didn't contain a single song that made me go "WOW" (although none of them were particularly bad). 202 contained some of the best songs of the decade, but they were cancelled out by some of the worst of the decade, unfortunately.

I feel the same way about 205 as I did with 201 and 204, except that HRG finally shone through for the first time this decade. Just a shame about Ester, otherwise 205 would've been the perfect album.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Jul 2010, 18:41

jeurobeat
My Dreams is very good as well. I still don't understand why Mauro sang the song instead of Ian Lex, who was the original Styloo and whose picture is on the record sleeve. Maybe Mauro's vocals were better for the song (he did great by the way).
Or why Gino sang U.SA? Wasn't Farina, Joe Yellow for the most part?

lebon14
sorry for double post but it seems that "It's all up to you" is only 128 BPM! We're getting incredibly slow BPMs these days... "All Is Magic" by Manuel is only 132 BPM and "I Belong To You" by Stephy is also 132BPM. Hardly near usual Eurobeat BPMs... I've seen 140BPM but 128 BPM is like... SPEED THAT UP!

*speeds it up to 150BPM*

Sounds cool lol.

I actually think those slower BPMs are quite effective, but remeber there was some mention of going back to basics at the start of the era, so all these unreleased songs and low bpms is doing just that. Those slower songs turn out to be the songs with most recognation being that positive or negative.
I also thought the Cy-Ro song was a tad slower than what I would have liked it to sound like. I speeded it up to the BPMs of Stargate for a perfect effect, but I can enjoy it the way it is as well.

That Ester song is what I would concider geberic and paint by the numbers for a label. Those are terms I hardly ever use unless I totally dismiss a certain track. Even I can say that GGMs got toatly lazy in that production. Play that song and "Good Love & Mystery" back to back . No comparison.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 20 Jul 2010, 03:47

drnrg wrote:jeurobeat
My Dreams is very good as well. I still don't understand why Mauro sang the song instead of Ian Lex, who was the original Styloo and whose picture is on the record sleeve. Maybe Mauro's vocals were better for the song (he did great by the way).
Or why Gino sang U.SA? Wasn't Farina, Joe Yellow for the most part?
*speeds it up to 150BPM*
Yup, Farina was Joe Yellow most of the time, but Caria took a few different names others had used at the time, I think. Including "Atrium," but since he did the first Atrium track (Funny Dancer), it's more like he took it back, I guess.
Fun fact: Domencio Ricchini (aka Delanua/Sylvi Foster/Bob Salton) has used "Joe Yellow" before.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 20 Jul 2010, 11:42

drnrg wrote:That Ester song is what I would concider geberic and paint by the numbers for a label. Those are terms I hardly ever use unless I totally dismiss a certain track. Even I can say that GGMs got toatly lazy in that production. Play that song and "Good Love & Mystery" back to back . No comparison.
Yeah, because GL&M is nothing compared to NLMLYD.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 24 Jul 2010, 03:48

I gotta admit, I'm really pleasantly surprised that You Are Always On My Mind has gotten such positive reception from the community overall. Nobody here really talks a whole lot about older eurobeat tracks, especially with labels such as Saifam, which, for a long time, were only active on non-SEB compilations like EuroPanic!. Imo, 1999-2006 was Asia's golden era, with so many outstanding songs to offer that they'll never come even close to getting old. The 1999 version of YAOMM never got a whole lot of attention, since it was only previously featured on EuroPanic!, but the 2010 remake returns this amazing track in a more mainstream context, allowing it to really shine.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 24 Jul 2010, 03:55

Megan188 wrote:I gotta admit, I'm really pleasantly surprised that You Are Always On My Mind has gotten such positive reception from the community overall. Nobody here really talks a whole lot about older eurobeat tracks, especially with labels such as Saifam, which, for a long time, were only active on non-SEB compilations like EuroPanic!. Imo, 1999-2006 was Asia's golden era, with so many outstanding songs to offer that they'll never come even close to getting old. The 1999 version of YAOMM never got a whole lot of attention, since it was only previously featured on EuroPanic!, but the 2010 remake returns this amazing track in a more mainstream context, allowing it to really shine.
I absolutely agree. Though I have to say the remake is worlds better than the original, down to every instrument used, but even that, that's just subjective. :)
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 25 Jul 2010, 12:25

ok so my SEB cd has gotten ALOT of airplay on the way to and from work over the last week and a half. each trip is 45 mins each way so i have had alot of play time in the car!!!

1. Dave Rodgers- The Race Is A Game (AbeatC)
Its great to finally have a song from Dave that is actually good, the last few songd for me have been a hit n miss...mostly miss, but this song almost has an AbeatC glory days feel, but still lacks something. i cant quite grasp it...not the best song on the album but a great Abeat C song that is actually worth listening to
7/10

2. Karen- Evergreen (AbeatC)
at first i was quite hooked to this song, i always love how Karens voice has a bit of depth to it. but after hearing other songs on the album i tend to have this on the bottom and the songs that i didnt like at first have moved up the top
6/10

3. Vicky Vale- Your Barbie Girl (DELTA)
as a barbie collector i was eagerly awaiting this song to hear how this song would turn out. i LOVE the agresive synths and the solid bass line....however the lyrics fall short of the target. i felt this was a very typical Clara track with nothing super special about it.
7/10

4. Hotblade- Plastic (SCP)
so the song doesnt make any sense, BUT it is a great song to song along to, the crazy lyrics make me have flash backs to when i started listening to eurobeat back in 2002, when the songs had a theme but didnt make full sense. a perfect eurobeat song with masculine vocals and agressive synths
10+/10

5. Radiorama- You Are Always On My Mind (Saifam)
we seem to be getting alot of Female vocals from Saifam lately and i am not complaining, and to add its Radiorama, as the start of the album has a strong agressive feel its great to have some light hearted fun to tickle the ears. this song has been on my mind for the last few days and i want more!!!
10+/10

6. Ester- Nobody Loves Me Like You Do (GGMs)
i am probably rowing a boad by my self here....I love this song, the fun catchy vocals the happy overall feel of this song just adds to the album, however i am thinking that if i hear it much more it will grow tired not the best from gogo's but a great song none the less
8/10

7. Jay Lehr- Little Little Star (SCP)
PURE BLISS is all i can say MORE JAY LEHR

10++++/10

8. Sara- Little Love (DELTA)
i love the intro and the synth hook in this song, the a simple and fun song that Delta does so well. Sara's vocals are crisp and have a smooth feeling to them. but over exposure makes this song grow old real qucik
8.5/10

9. David Dima- Somebody To Love (Dima music)
This song makes my ears orgasm, picture sailor moon thinking of Tuxedo mask with huge love heart in here eyes....if no one will love David dima....I WILL

10++++/10

10. Sarah- Little Lies (Saifam)
every time i hear this song i think of dysney princesses breaking into song, i can actually imagine them singing this song!! jasmin expecially!! am i odd or what??
9+/10

11. Cy-ro- It's All Up To You (HRG Attack)
for me, this song if the best song on the album, the 80's feel, the fact this HRG song actually has a smooth melody and alot of meaning behind it....and for HRG that is super rare!! IMO this song is currently my ringtone!!
10+/10

12. Mom & Dad- Kiss My Boo Boo (Sinclaire Style)
like a few others here, hated this is a passion when i heard it the first time. but now i like it, super cute and super fun....can still be annoying and when stoped at traffic lights it is not a song you want up loud!! you get some odd stares!!
9+/10

13. Dont like J-euro!!

14. Desire'- Take A Look In My Heart (Eurogrooves)
cant go past the original this is CRAPTASTIC!!
0/10

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 26 Jul 2010, 01:49

Gorgia_v wrote:6. Ester- Nobody Loves Me Like You Do (GGMs)
i am probably rowing a boad by my self here....I love this song, the fun catchy vocals the happy overall feel of this song just adds to the album, however i am thinking that if i hear it much more it will grow tired not the best from gogo's but a great song none the less
8/10
We don't like you anymore, sorry.

:wink:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Jul 2010, 18:37

Gorgia_v
This song makes my ears orgasm, picture sailor moon thinking of Tuxedo mask with huge love heart in here eyes....if no one will love David dima....I WILL

10++++/10
LOL! Sailor Moon is the last image in my mind when I hear Dima songs. More like Parasite Dolls or Vampire Hunter D.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 01 Aug 2010, 13:55

drnrg wrote:Gorgia_v

10++++/10
LOL! Sailor Moon is the last image in my mind when I hear Dima songs. More like Parasite Dolls or Vampire Hunter D.
i meant picture me as sailor moon with the love hearts in my eyes as my ears orgasm!!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Aug 2010, 08:13

giorgia_v
i meant picture me as sailor moon with the love hearts in my eyes as my ears orgasm!!
No thanks. Something about your ears jizzing doesn't exactly work for me. but I know what you mean :wink:

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 02 Aug 2010, 11:36

SICK!!! ...jizz and ears in the same sentence!!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 06 Aug 2010, 04:06

The TIME remix of survival dance is so much better :(