Super Eurobeat 209

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 12 Oct 2010, 11:09

WNight wrote:Because it ain't broken. No need to fix and change it.
Marin's songs are the most uninspiring and predictable in the entire genre. Personally, I think that's something that needs fixing, but I understand that you and quite a number of other people (perhaps even the majority) are all for listening to the same rehashed material over and over and despise any form of experimentation. Shame, really, since that's what's going to keep eurobeat fresh and exciting.

That's not to say that all eurobeat should be experimental, but I'm just sick and tired of hearing that carbon-copy style of Marin's for 10 years now. It'd be nice if we could just have one song that breaks away from his usual formula but perhaps I'm asking for too much.
drnrg wrote:hmmm.. I kinda hear what you mean, but it's a good thing for him to venture into other singing styles so he won't get stereo typed for one type of Eurobeat style. Especially in an era where we have fewer Eurobeat vocalists then ever.
Yeah, I'm pretty torn with "New Horizon." I'm all for Mr. Blast trying new things, but at the same time I'm just not sure if his vocals are the right fit for this song in particular. We'll find out in the full version, I guess.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 12 Oct 2010, 16:13

I told 7A to change the SEB Diary's text: ''Now on sale'' to ''11/3 on sale'' because of the confusion..

Now it isn't confusing for u anymore :)
Last edited by DarkSky on 12 Oct 2010, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 12 Oct 2010, 16:31

DarkSky wrote:I told 7A to change the SEB Diary's text: ''Now on sale'' to ''11/3 on sale''
Dang son. You must have some power, some sway.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

jager song not a full cover

Post by synthjunkie » 12 Oct 2010, 18:47

Yeah, the Jager song is not a COMPLETE COVER, so that's my bad. I meant that it used very similar parts from the Adam Lambert song. I'm surprised it wasn't made by Saifam, since they are the masters of making covers from other artists.

This is off topic, but has anybody else wondered how they get to have the rights to cover so many artists on Saifam? My theory is if you look at the name Saifam and spell it backwards you get MAFIAS...interesting, no? Anyway, Saifam and eurobeat in general is not all copied music at all though, I can name quite a few songs that Madonna made in which SHE copied Italo-disco, and Italo-house on the lyrics and notes, and these Italo-disco songs were made BEFORE her songs. If anybody is interested, I would be more than happy to share those secrets.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Re: jager song not a full cover

Post by jeurobeat » 12 Oct 2010, 20:43

synthjunkie wrote:This is off topic, but has anybody else wondered how they get to have the rights to cover so many artists on Saifam? My theory is if you look at the name Saifam and spell it backwards you get MAFIAS...interesting, no?
I don't remember the complete story but I was told that SAI = ???, FA = Farina, M = Mauro and MAFIAS backwards was just a joke. Rights to cover songs are not very expensive (SAIFAM can easily pay the rights). As far as I know, they do.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: my fav songs on SEB 209

Post by synthjunkie » 13 Oct 2010, 02:26

Ken Blast wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:05 KEN BLAST / NEW HORIZON - Horrible, horrible, yuck. Even though the singer doesn't suffer from the heavy italian accent, his bland and boring voice doesn't go with the energy in the music.
It's true; I'm not immediately italian (though I have a great deal of Sicilian from my dad's side, but that's another story)... Is it more of a lack of energy or the volume level? (At least the music is good, right? I composed the song as well).
Any input you could give would help. :) Yeah, I actually read these forums~ ;3
Let me put it this way: The vocals on this Ken Blast song remind me of Josh Groban, who has a beautiful voice, but his style is obviously for insiprational, slow, new age music. His style of voice is not something to bring out energy into Eurobeat or any other form of HI-NRG music. Your vocals are not bad at all, just not suited for fast music. That is just my opinion.
Let me give you some pointers: Listen to other forms of Hi-NRG music other than just Eurobeat to get a good idea of cool techniques artists have used to sing. Try 70's disco kings, 80's italo disco artists, 80's and 90's hi-nrg italo-house artists, and even hi-nrg italodance (italian eurodance) artists. Look at the Beegees and the awesome voice work from the 70's, Queen as well. Another thing to remember, Hi-NRG music was mostly underground music back in it's old days, and was mostly admired and played for minority groups, such as the black communities, latino, and even gay/lesbian communities. Hence, voice work sometimes being to an extreme and exaggerated is part of the overall charm to Hi-NRG music. That's my 2 cents in a nutshell :grin:

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Oct 2010, 03:09

synthjunkie wrote:
Ken Blast wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:05 KEN BLAST / NEW HORIZON - Horrible, horrible, yuck. Even though the singer doesn't suffer from the heavy italian accent, his bland and boring voice doesn't go with the energy in the music.
It's true; I'm not immediately italian (though I have a great deal of Sicilian from my dad's side, but that's another story)... Is it more of a lack of energy or the volume level? (At least the music is good, right? I composed the song as well).
Any input you could give would help. :) Yeah, I actually read these forums~ ;3
Let me put it this way: The vocals on this Ken Blast song remind me of Josh Groban, who has a beautiful voice, but his style is obviously for insiprational, slow, new age music. His style of voice is not something to bring out energy into Eurobeat or any other form of HI-NRG music. Your vocals are not bad at all, just not suited for fast music. That is just my opinion.
Let me give you some pointers: Listen to other forms of Hi-NRG music other than just Eurobeat to get a good idea of cool techniques artists have used to sing. Try 70's disco kings, 80's italo disco artists, 80's and 90's hi-nrg italo-house artists, and even hi-nrg italodance (italian eurodance) artists. Look at the Beegees and the awesome voice work from the 70's, Queen as well. Another thing to remember, Hi-NRG music was mostly underground music back in it's old days, and was mostly admired and played for minority groups, such as the black communities, latino, and even gay/lesbian communities. Hence, voice work sometimes being to an extreme and exaggerated is part of the overall charm to Hi-NRG music. That's my 2 cents in a nutshell :grin:
(Continuing on my "main" profile; the KB one is more for promotional use anyway)
Thank you for the pointers! While I don't tend to listen to much Hi-NRG-specific music (though I've recently grown fond of Italo Disco), I do listen to energetic music pretty frequently. One of my second-favorite genres is Power Metal, and after that, 80s New Wave... would a rock approach help any, at least to get some power behind it? (Or should I approach it like my independent releases? If there's one of my existing songs that has a little more of what you're looking for, please point it out so I can refer to it in future songs.)

Also, I can't help but consider successful "calmer" or "smooth" singers in Eurobeat— Davide Budresi (Kevin Johnson), Andrea Girbaudo (Rick Castle and the latest form of Starkly Ice), etc— and ask, do you feel they shouldn't be doing Eurobeat music?
(And why, now do I suddenly get this strange image in my head of Michael Bublé doing Eurobeat...?)

...truth be told, I really have to disagree that the preview is "horrible horrible yuck". Having heard the full version (for obvious reasons) I really have to say that even if my job on the track were considered poor, Capaldi really did too great a job with my composition to make it a 'bad' song. Hopefully when you hear the full version your strong opinion of the preview will mitigate somewhat and you won't find it "bland and boring".
Of course, I'm biased, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong~
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Oct 2010, 11:38

Jay
Marin's songs are the most uninspiring and predictable in the entire genre. Personally, I think that's something that needs fixing, but I understand that you and quite a number of other people (perhaps even the majority) are all for listening to the same rehashed material over and over and despise any form of experimentation. Shame, really, since that's what's going to keep eurobeat fresh and exciting.
It's not Marin's works per say. he's had some terrific songs under other aliases that sounded anything like Mega NRG Man. TNT and Keep On Dancing are great examples. As for the Mega NRG Man title. I do miss songs like King Kong Is Back & Red Hot Planet, but if you stop think of all the misses he had a few years back during the 170s-180s(except 179), then you can understand why Japanese Girl sounds like it could be a much awaited comeback. 8)

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 13 Oct 2010, 13:11

drnrg wrote:It's not Marin's works per say. he's had some terrific songs under other aliases that sounded anything like Mega NRG Man. TNT and Keep On Dancing are great examples.
This probably has a lot to do with the fact that TNT isn't Marin. :O

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 13 Oct 2010, 13:36

Yeah TNT was sung by Maurizio De Jorio.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 13 Oct 2010, 18:18

zoupzuop2 wrote:(Or should I approach it like my independent releases? If there's one of my existing songs that has a little more of what you're looking for, please point it out so I can refer to it in future songs.)
I'd love to hear a bit more "venom" and "bite" in your vocals. The main "Odyssey" track that comes to mind is Fight! - that one seems to have a bit more power behind. Of course, there's also Burn My Heart but that could just be a biased opinion from a songwriter (although I still strongly believe it's one of your best vocal performances :) )

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 13 Oct 2010, 20:18

drnrg wrote:It's not Marin's works per say. he's had some terrific songs under other aliases that sounded anything like Mega NRG Man. TNT and Keep On Dancing are great examples.
Do note that I said "in the past ten years." I've only listened to very few of Marin's songs from pre-2000 times. The ones I have heard, however, were quite decent and demonstrate much more variety than now.

Anyway, there's no need to be literal to the word about what I said. I can think of one song in the past ten years which does show that he's versatile: "Back to 80s" (which I believe is the closest he's ever come to aishu, and even then this is not really an aishu song). But yeah, point being, I probably won't ever be able to fathom why people are so ecstatic about 'Japanese Girl' when it sounds so samey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Oct 2010, 05:56

thejti
I figuered I's be corrected. O.K. how about "More Than A Feeling". I'd say that's he's closest to Aishu. Even more so than "Back To 80s"

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 14 Oct 2010, 13:52

drnrg wrote:thejti
I figuered I's be corrected. O.K. how about "More Than A Feeling". I'd say that's he's closest to Aishu. Even more so than "Back To 80s"
According to avex, his most aishu song is Let's Turn It Up :D

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 14 Oct 2010, 15:10

A guy from Japan sent me this.. is it real?

EDIT:

This is not real, it's a OLIVA+DI MARCANTONIO song.