THE FUTURE OF EUROBEAT, YOUR OPINIONS..

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 May 2010, 03:53

wolftickets1969 wrote:Eurobeat has no future. It's had its day in the sun, and will never rise again. RIP Eurobeat 1990-2010. It's been a good 20 years knowing you. In fact, I've nuked my Eurobeat library; I'm done with the genre.
You clearly haven't given much of the independent Eurobeat a chance, if you think the genre as a whole is tanking. I'd elaborate but I think your mind is made up.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 21 May 2010, 05:51

wolftickets1969 wrote:Eurobeat has no future. It's had its day in the sun, and will never rise again. RIP Eurobeat 1990-2010. It's been a good 20 years knowing you. In fact, I've nuked my Eurobeat library; I'm done with the genre.
TRA-LA-LA-LA-LA I'M NOT LISTENING TRA-LA-LA-LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU TRA-LA-LA-LA-LA~
C'mon man, even I'm more optimistic than that. :D
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 02 Jun 2010, 18:35

I take back what I said, I haven't given up on Eurobeat. I was just a bit depressed when I said that. I just purged my unwanted (and illegal) files.

Delita_chan
Euro To B

Post by Delita_chan » 12 Sep 2010, 13:16

I think you guys are looking at the wrong issue here.

This isn't about the quality of the music - sure the last part of the 190s albums were less than perfect, but the music has improved. It's all moot there, because what keeps Eurobeat alive is a stable market for the music.

Eurobeat needs to try their market elsewhere - if they are solely basing success in Japan, then they're bound to eventually sink. The Eurobeat scene has been on a decline since, according to my fiance, like 2003 or so. Nowadays, you don't see Para para on TV or commercials like you did in the early 2000's. CDs are difficult to locate, even in shops in major cities. Clubs don't do parapara as much. The Japanese have moved on to other things and unless another parapara explosion occurs, it'll probably decline even further.

It seems there is a strong market in south america, where I've seen lots of para para videos up. Perhaps the labels need to push its release there.

As for mainstream american music sounding the same? No my dears, eurobeat sounds the same. Don't get me wrong, I love my eurobeat, but I also love mainstream music as well.

I wish only the best for Eurobeat, but they're going to have to make some marketing changes. The USA *might* embrace this, but it'd have to be about careful planning and promotion. My hardcore American music friends only like it as exercise music - then so be it, market eurobeat in the form of Gym Mix CDs. :)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 31 Oct 2010, 15:59

I would like Eurobeat to return to the sounds like "Hurricane" by Karen, or the 1999-2002 style with all the cheese and fast beats with rolling synths.

sonique
Eurocurious

Post by sonique » 31 Oct 2010, 21:34

Bonkers wrote:I would like Eurobeat to return to the sounds like "Hurricane" by Karen, or the 1999-2002 style with all the cheese and fast beats with rolling synths.
I like Hurricane so much! :x

Hope Karen will be on some of the upcoming releases! :)
Delita_chan wrote:Eurobeat needs to try their market elsewhere.
Yes, i agree. I also think they should try to finally focus on Europe! In my opinion Eurobeat is so much better than 99% of the "dance music" currently sold. Maybe the producers should think about making music videos. It's hard to sell music without a good video or other good promotion. They made a great one for Ayu's M (click) and the german remix single sold not bad. They really could make videos this style to promote selected songs for a first start.

Maxwell P. Wainwright
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Maxwell P. Wainwright » 01 Nov 2010, 05:57

Any Eurobeat label would be smart to bring back some older vocalists. I think Karen's one of the most wanted back along with Nuage.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Nov 2010, 07:00

I would like Eurogrooves to bring back any Vocalist of thiers at this moment.
Dahny,Phillipo, Gambogi, Valeo, Fabio Venturinni(he is Mike J.),Campani. Take your pic.

I think that when a label is on a roll they should feature quite a few vocalists, so I think it would be ultra cool if Gianni Corraini returned to HRG Attack to record some new songs. Especially some of those in the relaxed bpm style that the label seems to favor at the moment before the public gets tired of Festari; which would be a crying shame.

Roberto Gabrielli also has some great vocals that would be a welcome addition to the label.

Brian Ice and David R. Jones should also return. They would do wonders for DELTA

For females I would nominate Dora C. She did a lot of vocals for early 90s labels like High Energy, Disco Energy and I think some Asia as well.

and of course Gubillini would sound great at Eurogrooves to reveive the old Lisa Johnson, Morena,Linda Ross aliases.

Anyway most of these vocalist's tones would really stand out with the new slower Eurobeat style, that for the moment, I feel really at ease with.

dj1ofakind2k10
Euro To B

Post by dj1ofakind2k10 » 09 Nov 2010, 02:54

I think that Eurobeat has a great future ahead of it, as long as we can look TOWARDS the future instead of the past. Take SEB Volume 200 for example, a good chunk of that album was made up of songs from older volumes of SEB. Now I know what you are saying "Avex just wanted to show the evolution of Eurobeat." If that's the case, then why do many of the non-stop mixes include songs that we have constantly heard time and time again? No offense to Dave Rodgers, but how many albums has his song "Space Boy" been on? I checked the data base here on Eurobeat Prime and not counting his new rendition of the song, it's been on 34 albums :| . I love that song just as much as anyone else, but 34 times on 34 different albums?!

I believe that it's time for the new talent (Ken Blast, Jager, etc.) to finally get their time in and shine. These new talents obviously have a different take on Eurobeat and to be quite honest it's really refreshing. Now, there are some that like the non-stop mix albums (like Super GT) and some that don't. I think the non-stop albums could work to an advantage of sampling the new songs that these artists are working on, then releasing them on later volumes of SEB.

Case in point: Neo released a song called "Takumi" which came out in early 2007 and was first heard in the Initial D anime. The only time you could hear the song was on Speed and Power Style 2007 and Initial D Non-Stop Takumi selection. This was late January when we first got a chance to hear it and we had to wait all the way until June of that year to just get a Remix version on SEB 179. :-x

My point is this; if you release the non-stop version of the song, then why not release it on the next volume of SEB? Some will say it's due to the companies and others will say it's for promotion but still if you have the gull to put a song on an SEB non-stop mix, you should put it on an SEB volume as well.

Bottom line is Eurobeat has a strong future ahead of it. I think with proper promotion and advertising, Eurobeat can spread. Will Eurobeat be the next Global phenomenon? I don't think it will, but that is good though. I think if Eurobeat can get enough publicity to let the world know "Hey, we got something you might like over here", that will work just fine. Secluding Eurobeat like a dirty little secret is over now and it's time that Eurobeat gets taken to the next level, with young talent leading the way with the more experienced talent pushing it through. Keep the Eurobeat going :grin: !

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Nov 2010, 03:20

I still say "nay" to Eurobeat becomming main stream. Mainstream has a way of killing off music. Nope, it's better this way. low key, but strong among the community that appreciates and accepts it for what it is.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 09 Nov 2010, 03:24

drnrg wrote:I still say "nay" to Eurobeat becomming main stream. Mainstream has a way of killing off music. Nope, it's better this way. low key, but strong among the community that appreciates and accepts it for what it is.
eurobeat was a lot better when it was popular (mainstream) in Japan >.>

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 09 Nov 2010, 04:48

drnrg wrote:I still say "nay" to Eurobeat becomming main stream. Mainstream has a way of killing off music. Nope, it's better this way. low key, but strong among the community that appreciates and accepts it for what it is.
Tiger wrote:eurobeat was a lot better when it was popular (mainstream) in Japan >.>
I believe he's more specifically targeting the american mainstream pop culture. In this aspect, I do agree with him, I NEVER EVER want to see any eurobeat being treated "the american way" by any pop act or some random netizen on the internet.

And dj1ofakind2k10, you forgot about Night Of Fire, there is none of any eurobeat tracks that can overtake that master of multiple appearances ever.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 09 Nov 2010, 05:19

Those megamixes are geared towards the Japanese audience anyhow. Night of Fire has a profound impact on the eurobeat world and the parapara scene so it will always appear on those albums. Space Boy is the same because of its relation to Initial D and parapara. I think there was a regular SEB megamix album that had Lolita's Heart Attack on it before it was released as a radio edit so it's been done before of giving a sample of a song before its actual release.

dj1ofakind2k10
Euro To B

Post by dj1ofakind2k10 » 09 Nov 2010, 06:38

WNight wrote: And dj1ofakind2k10, you forgot about Night Of Fire, there is none of any eurobeat tracks that can overtake that master of multiple appearances ever.
I really forgot about that song, to be quite honest :???: Night of Fire and Space Boy do pretty much go hand and hand though, as they both are known for their para para reputation and their Initial D appearances (like para_rigby pointed out).

I really do think that Eurobeat can get back up to that level of being respected as a genre and the level of awesomeness that it had throughout the 90's and such. Like I said, I don't think it will be the next Global phenomenon but it can get a little bit more recognition. I think what it comes down to is promotion and advertising. Unless you are part of a board like this one, you really don't know that much about the Eurobeat scene, unless you are in Japan.

It's great that there are websites like Junodownload and itunes that are starting to give Eurobeat it's due, but it's still not enough. I think that there are a lot more ways to get the word out about Eurobeat and that will definitely be one of the many ways to set the course for the future of Eurobeat. I hate sounding like advertising junkie, but that seems to be the way to get noticed. You pretty much have to sell yourself in order to get recognized :?

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 09 Nov 2010, 07:38

Biggest scare to americans and europeans are hi bpm.
They just can't listen to songs in 145-165 range.
It's a torture to 'em...