do the eurobeat singers & producers READ HERE?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.

Did you ever had direct contact with a eurobeat singer?

Yes, personally!
29%
Yes, via e-mail / website!
50%
No, not at all (but wish i could write them).
17%
I don't want to have any contact / exchange.
4%

Total votes: 24

sonique
Eurocurious

do the eurobeat singers & producers READ HERE?

Post by sonique » 11 Nov 2010, 19:22

I wonder if anyone knows if some of them read here? It would be cool to know if at least one of them reads what the eurobeat fans thinks about the new music and recent developments in the eurobeat market. :)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 11 Nov 2010, 19:44

Yes as some of you may know I've been twice to the Dima Music studio, one time I've stayed 10 days at Manuel and have been all 10 days in the studio. We checked the forum several times. So yes I had/have very personal contact with them.

And yeah I can confirm your question.. at least 4 or 5 labels I know, regularly check Eurobeat-Prime :) They don't post, but they do read our posts.
Last edited by DarkSky on 11 Nov 2010, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 11 Nov 2010, 20:06

Newfield, Festari and one "All-SCP" account under 'fastway' are confirmed, at the minimum. Newfield used to post here frequently, now... not so much.
Matteo Rizzi also posts here from time to time depending on the situation.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 11 Nov 2010, 20:23

Why yes, I have even worked with a Eurobeat singer on a song. You don't have to look far to figure out who it is (in fact, simply look above this post ^^)

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 12 Nov 2010, 02:04

I messaged Clara Moroni a couple of years ago before the release of SEB 189, asking her whether or not Dance Dance was going to be a Fallout Boy cover or not, to which she responded, telling me that it wasn't.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 12 Nov 2010, 03:07

I met Fausto Guio and (almost) met Bratt Sinclaire but he left me a voice mail on my cell phone when I was recuperating from cancer treatments. I've become really good friends with Evelina and Stefano and am trying to make plans to visit them in Italy sometime.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

dj1ofakind2k10
Euro To B

Post by dj1ofakind2k10 » 12 Nov 2010, 05:27

I've had contact with two individuals in the Eurobeat industry. First was Mr. Laurent G. Newfield, who gave me a shot at a remix demo. The second, Ken Blast :!: !

Aside from that, I have both Manuel and Dave Rodgers on my facebook (Dave Rodgers actually put one of my Remixes on his page, but the thing is I don't know if it's the REAL Dave Rodgers :???: ).

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Nov 2010, 07:45

I think only Ginacarlo Pasquinni and Sergio Dall Ora are the only ones I havn't seen on the forum?

Anyway, its a good thing for the producers to visit the forums and read reviews and see the different opinions the fans share about thier productions.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 12 Nov 2010, 08:26

drnrg wrote:I think only Ginacarlo Pasquinni and Sergio Dall Ora are the only ones I havn't seen on the forum?
Farina as well. Dall'Ora, Pasquini and Farina all seem to be really disconnected from the entire eurobeat fanbase. The only time I've ever seen Dall'Ora and Pasquini try to reach out to their fans was with their MySpace pages, but even then they probably didn't make those pages themselves, and if they did they didn't really seem to care about responding to fan praise, queries, etc. I've never seen Farina try to connect with the eurobeat fanbase.

You see a lot of people having "insider connections" with SCP, GGM, Delta, HRG, SinclaireStyle and Dima, but Time/Eurogrooves, Sun Fire/A-Beat C and Saifam all seem to be really alienated. I'm not sure why that's the case since these labels clearly have many dedicated followers. Would be nice if Dall'Ora, Pasquini and Farina came and made their presences known one day.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 12 Nov 2010, 09:30

Pasquini is reading this forum every now and then though..

dj1ofakind2k10
Euro To B

Post by dj1ofakind2k10 » 12 Nov 2010, 09:32

drnrg wrote:Anyway, its a good thing for the producers to visit the forums and read reviews and see the different opinions the fans share about thier productions.
I absolutely agree with you! I think that if some of the artists were more in touch with their fan base, Eurobeat as a genre would not only be fun to listen to but very interactive as well. I know that on a lot of SEB volumes there are DVDs of the artists thanking the fans for buying the albums and listening to them, but to actually interact with your fans is totally different. It's one thing to have a DVD say "thank you" versus the real person telling you in writing or in person, thank you.

*thinks how awesome it would be to meet Eurobeat artists face to face*

That would be so awesome :!:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 12 Nov 2010, 10:02

I remember the days that Dima Music was still a label that was kind of hidden as well. There was almost no way to contact David Dima, owner of the label.
I'm glad things have changed, he's now even on Facebook... although Manuel and I had to explain him how it works because he had never seen it before. He was very surprised to see so many of his friends on facebook! :)

There are many artists and producers active on Facebook, yes even Dall'Ora and Pasquini. Some are only active on MySpace, for example Futura and Nuage. It's the number one way to get in touch with them :) Try it yourself! you might get answers to all of your questions!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 12 Nov 2010, 12:28

DarkSky wrote:There are many artists and producers active on Facebook, yes even Dall'Ora and Pasquini.
You need to be mindful of the fact that Dall'Ora may not want to be contacted about eurobeat matters. Judging by Dall'Ora's Facebook page, it seems like he uses it mainly for personal purposes. We shouldn't need to intrude on his personal space to seek answers from him. If Dall'Ora wants to be more closely connected to his fans, he needs to go about it in a different manner. As I already mentioned, the Eurogrooves MySpace page is horribly neglected, and there's no Facebook page for the label as yet. Of course, Dall'Ora's not really under any obligation to become more closely connected to his fans, but his label would be one of the only ones which is completely alienated from everybody.

I've only just discovered that Pasquini has a fanpage on Facebook. From the looks of things though, it's seldom updated and he doesn't seem to respond to comments at all. This is precisely what I mean by failing to 'connect' with the eurobeat fanbase. It's one thing to create a fanpage on Facebook, but it's another thing to neglect it and ignore everybody. Again, Pasquini is under no obligation to respond to these comments and connect with his fans, but it seems like the right thing to be doing given how fragile the genre is (and also the sheer number of fans that he has!).

This is something about Dall'Ora and Pasquini that's bothered me for a while, actually, but I haven't had the opportunity to bring it up before.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Nov 2010, 05:07

I have sent some of my remixes and post my vinyl covers on Sergio Dall Ora's myspsce page. I got back a ferew words of gratitude, but not much else. I did get quite a few responces from Christian De Leo and Dahny.

back when I was a regular subscriber to Iventi D Azzurro, I got regular responces from from Fred ventura, Gino Caria, Vince Lancini and Marcello himself. Used to buy 12's from the NRG Boys too.

The clsest I have been to have been Newfield and Rimonti. I even got vinyls from Rimonti back in the mid 90s.

Anyway, there is nohting like the 90s Hi NRG Eurobeat era. 8)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 17 Nov 2010, 09:20

Ehehe yea. If Marcello d'Azzurro (Marc B.) counts, then yes, I have met an eurobeat artist in real life. Became good friends, even.

Other than that, I only had mail or instant messaging contact with artists and producers.

I love how easy it is to contact them. It gives a feeling of being close to the people who make the music you love. : D