Dima Music on iTunes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 23 Jan 2011, 19:03

Wow, Burning Tonight sounds incredible! I'm definitely purchasing that song as soon as it's available.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jan 2011, 06:58

the_ditz
As for Bastard Man, I've given it a miss to be honest. It sounds decent, but there's just something about the title that puts me off...
HAHA!!! I know what you mean. Dima went from a King to a Bastard in less than two beats. Wierd title for a song, but I think it also gives it that supa aggressive vibe, so I'm loving it just the same. Superman would have been better title for a Eurobeat song, and Dima needs one of those on his catalog.:D

Buring Tonight is just as awesome. Tt has a little more power than most Dima female songs to date

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 24 Jan 2011, 07:34

For all the "aggressiveness" that a few people are talking about KOTW/BM, I still don't hear what is so aggressive about it though.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jan 2011, 08:05

WNight
For all the "aggressiveness" that a few people are talking about KOTW/BM, I still don't hear what is so aggressive about it though.
Hmmm. How is it not:???:
I'm kinda confused what you might concider Agressive Eurobeat after reading your comment. I take it its safe to say that an x Powerful T or Dave Rodgers song is along the lines of Agressive for you, right? The loud guitars, fast synths, somewhat screamy and or raspy vocals. How is Bastard Man not fitting in that catagory. The line "Bastard Man burn into the fire" is alone, what I concider "Agressive" Eurobeat.

For me, I take it another step further when concidering a song aggressive. I'll take, for instance a song like "Freedom" also bt David Dima. Sure it's upbeat and faster than his Aishu style, but I still wouldn't concider iT Agreessive

I'll compare two Dave Rodgers songs too. The Race Is A Game Fast and Powerful, but not Aggresive. "Fire Dragon on the other hand; mmmm, now that's the kind of Agreesive that makes my mouth water.

a few more examples.

Eurogrooves.
A Perfect Hero= Aggresive
WOnder Lover = non agreesive

HRG Attack
MadCow= Aggressive
On The Top Again= non agressive

DELTA
Go Shinkansen! = Agreesive
I Need A Revolution= non Agressive

SCP
Love Countdown= Agressive
777= non agressive

BTW, A song doesn't have to be all that fast to be concidered agreesive. I concider most of Gino Caria's songs from the 90s pretty agressive for vocals alone.

At least this is how it works for me.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Jan 2011, 11:56

drnrg wrote:WNight
Hmmm. How is it not:???:
I'm kinda confused what you might concider Agressive Eurobeat after reading your comment. I take it its safe to say that an x Powerful T or Dave Rodgers song is along the lines of Agressive for you, right? The loud guitars, fast synths, somewhat screamy and or raspy vocals. How is Bastard Man not fitting in that catagory. The line "Bastard Man burn into the fire" is alone, what I concider "Agressive" Eurobeat.

For me, I take it another step further when concidering a song aggressive. I'll take, for instance a song like "Freedom" also bt David Dima. Sure it's upbeat and faster than his Aishu style, but I still wouldn't concider iT Agreessive

I'll compare two Dave Rodgers songs too. The Race Is A Game Fast and Powerful, but not Aggresive. "Fire Dragon on the other hand; mmmm, now that's the kind of Agreesive that makes my mouth water.

a few more examples.

Eurogrooves.
A Perfect Hero= Aggresive
WOnder Lover = non agreesive

HRG Attack
MadCow= Aggressive
On The Top Again= non agressive

DELTA
Go Shinkansen! = Agreesive
I Need A Revolution= non Agressive

SCP
Love Countdown= Agressive
777= non agressive

BTW, A song doesn't have to be all that fast to be concidered agreesive. I concider most of Gino Caria's songs from the 90s pretty agressive for vocals alone.

At least this is how it works for me.
I can't exactly explain in detail what I consider aggressive. To give you an idea of what I kinda consider aggressive, let's use your method and perhaps, you can see something from there. These are just some of the examples though, not all.

Eurogrooves/Time : Hurricane Man/Speedman/Heartbreaker 2007/Ready Forever
SCP : Hardly any, but Go 2/Fastway songs fits the criteria closest, maybe Legendary Heart too.
Dima : Stormbringer (This is what I consider Dima's most aggro song but it's really not much to be honest)
Asia : Like A Fire
Sun Fire/A-Beat-C : Louder & Faster/No Religion/Most of Mega NRG Man's songs
Delta : Rebel Yell/Frontal Impact/Right Now
SS : None.
Hi-NRG Attack : Bomba

Fire Dragon and The Race Is The Game are hardly aggressive, to me at least, in fact, all of the DR songs aren't anywhere near what I consider to be aggressive. To a certain extent, you're right about the fast synth or loud guitars but there are many instances where by this isn't true as well. Bastard Man and KOTW just doesn't cut it in the aggressive department for me, no explicit explanation there. Whether a song is aggressive or not doesn't affect how good a song is though, although I do like that kind of style the most.

BTW, never heard many of Gino Caria's songs so can't comment on that.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Jan 2011, 05:57

WNight
I can't exactly explain in detail what I consider aggressive. To give you an idea of what I kinda consider aggressive, let's use your method and perhaps, you can see something from there. These are just some of the examples though, not all.

SCP : Hardly any, but Go 2/Fastway songs fits the criteria closest, maybe Legendary Heart too.
Dima : Stormbringer (This is what I consider Dima's most aggro song but it's really not much to be honest)

Fire Dragon and The Race Is The Game are hardly aggressive, to me at least, in fact, all of the DR songs aren't anywhere near what I consider to be aggressive. To a certain extent, you're right about the fast synth or loud guitars but there are many instances where by this isn't true as well. Bastard Man and KOTW just doesn't cut it in the aggressive department for me, no explicit explanation there. Whether a song is aggressive or not doesn't affect how good a song is though, although I do like that kind of style the most.

We are more or less on the same page. Especially with Eurogrooves and you are right about Storm Bringer.

Dave Rodgers vocals are not neccesarly what I concider Agreesive. especially after being introduced to his vocal style in the Italo years. For me Fire Dragon has a lot to do with the whole production. The Percussion and constant Fire Fire shouting in the intro. Now that you mention it ,Dave is blurry in the Agreesion departmnet. His Version of Disco Fire is fast enuff, but even then I wouldn't stamp it as aggressive. have you heard Black Jack Fever by RCS(Rodgers, Contini, Sinclaire). The musical structure of that song is basically aggressive and he uses a shouty style of singing. I don't know....

At least we agree that almost everything he touches turns to gold. :wink:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 27 Jan 2011, 09:18

Krystal's new song will be released tomorrow :)

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 28 Jan 2011, 09:34

drnrg wrote:WNight

We are more or less on the same page. Especially with Eurogrooves and you are right about Storm Bringer.

Dave Rodgers vocals are not neccesarly what I concider Agreesive. especially after being introduced to his vocal style in the Italo years. For me Fire Dragon has a lot to do with the whole production. The Percussion and constant Fire Fire shouting in the intro. Now that you mention it ,Dave is blurry in the Agreesion departmnet. His Version of Disco Fire is fast enuff, but even then I wouldn't stamp it as aggressive. have you heard Black Jack Fever by RCS(Rodgers, Contini, Sinclaire). The musical structure of that song is basically aggressive and he uses a shouty style of singing. I don't know....

At least we agree that almost everything he touches turns to gold. :wink:
Yeap, you're right, I guess most male singers will have their fair share of aggressive and non-aggressive songs overall.

Bottomline, I guess we should just enjoy the songs for what it is. No matter aggressive or not :P

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 28 Jan 2011, 10:57

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 28 Jan 2011, 11:06

drnrg wrote:have you heard Black Jack Fever by RCS(Rodgers, Contini, Sinclaire). The musical structure of that song is basically aggressive and he uses a shouty style of singing. I don't know....
Fever is another aggressive song of RCS:

Nice spelling of Rave by the way :)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 28 Jan 2011, 19:35

I'm kindly asking you guys not to go ''offtopic'' so much.. thanks :)

Samples are up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYGuowcMOBU

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Jan 2011, 20:28

I'm gonna buy a new iTunes JP card when I get paid on Monday, and Burning Tonight will be my first purchase when I've redeemed it on my account. Nice to see another release scheduled too - you're just determined to take all my iTunes credit now, huh? :D

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 28 Jan 2011, 20:57

You do not necessarily need a iTunes JP card, the tracks are available in several stores on the web + in every iTunes shop. :D

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Jan 2011, 21:52

DarkSky wrote:You do not necessarily need a iTunes JP card, the tracks are available in several stores on the web + in every iTunes shop. :D
I know, but since I don't have any money until I get paid on Monday and I'll be buying a new iTunes card before SEB 211 is released on Wednesday, it makes sense to wait and buy from the JP store. :)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Jan 2011, 21:55

Burning Tonight is also available on Juno here :
http://www.junodownload.com/products/bu ... 693176-02/

On DJShop.de here :
http://www.djshop.de/p/MP3/10024104/kry ... g_tonight/

Note that DJShop is actually cheaper than Junodownload except if you actually live in England.

Already purchased my song.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!