eurobeat MOVE ON

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

eurobeat MOVE ON

Post by synthjunkie » 19 Feb 2011, 09:05

to be honest, i hope that the producers of eurobeat can move on to a newer genre of music, we can't be so selfish and make them produce eurobeat for us forever! they have the potential in other genres, i am sure of that. Dima has proven that with it's trancier songs, and Dave Rodgers used to make house music back on the Maharaja night house revolution cds by avex. Both very good artists at that. maybe eurobeat will transform into a more "PROGRESSIVE" sound, which is what is becoming very popular in the house and trance genres these days. i have heard some awesome 80's influenced progressive songs, such as SAFFRON by NUVO RICH on Mullet Records, a link is here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKongmLe7Q0 ) and also very good are the songs by the dj called Michael Cassette, which are more progressive house/trance with bits of 80's goodness in them.
anyway, look at what farina is doing at saifam, and hey, he's got songs up on the charts, so he's doing something right making those house and trance songs! and for those fanboys who think that eurobeat needs to live forever (i used to be one that hoped for this), remember that HINRG is a style and eurobeat is a genre, you can include HINRG qualities into other genres of music, such as italo disco, 70/early 80's disco (patrick cowley and giorgio moroder come to mind as some of the kings of HINRG), trance, and house too. more of the recent tracks being produced by some eurobeat labels are experimenting with these newer sounds, and if my word meant anything to them, i say go for it! make the change over, and be more successful. they can come up with a new compilation on avex, or whatever label, (saifam is doing great at the moment just being on their own) mind you, i looooove eurobeat, and italo disco, but if it weren't for italo, there would be no eurobeat, things move on, eurobeat needs to be the new "starter" of either another genre of music, or use its HINRG influences into the aboved genres before it turns to dust.

this might piss off alot of people on here, but sometimes the truth hurts. (i know i don't have the highest ratings compared to other people on here, nor do i have the connections like others do on here with the producers, but if my words could mean anything to anybody out there... this is all just coming from the heart as i honestly see it)

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 Feb 2011, 10:05

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 Feb 2011, 10:20

I think the big point that you're missing is that Eurobeat is continually evolving to include new elements from other genres, and that's all thanks to the creativeness of the producers. Eurobeat will be around for a long time to come in some form or another.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 19 Feb 2011, 15:54

Just a few corrections...

Eurobeat is really only a style...but ppl do call it a genre a lot 'cause Japan ain't importing other styles of this genre much...since we do listen much to the whole of this genre in the Euro East, we often call this genre DISCO-80's.

It's wrong to treat eurobeat like a CHOP-SUEY-POT, where you mix whatever mess has arrived on your chopping block..

Eurobeat has developed it's sound fully and completely in the 90-s,
and requires no further screwing....

Other commercial genres of dance and pop come and go, being a subject to teenagers quickly fleeting fancies, but true eurobeat is eternal 'cause good music is forever...

Eurobeat recent failures in sales can be largely attributed to Avex' flawed strategy for the style which continues on the banzai-isolationist-Japan-Only course.

Other genres of music like techno or pop are fully international and don't rely on a single nation's market for all it's sales.

Any kind of well made dance music can sell well...'cause ppl will always dance to music and no matter which kind it is at the end...
Different ppl like diffferent things...whence different products and sounds.

Eurobeat is unique and exclusive, Avex can trully make it a very sucessfull product again if they internationalize their eurobeat products.

Step One...put it on iTunes world-wide...!!

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by newfield » 20 Feb 2011, 00:25

do agree with you Vadim, I quitted coz don't wanna make music just to please a single clueless A&R at @vex,even she's fuckable.

Eurobeat belongs to 90's that's true and requires no further screwing (!) but someone should find a name for the shit I've heard on the last compilations,maybe call it Post-Newfield Eurobeat! (just kidding) LOL

Producers adding new elements just to please her, this is not creativeness but slavery.
The inabilty of italian producers to find a common ground and talk to @vex as one entity is their biggest weakness,and the japaneses are aware of it.

Last time I met the japs theysaid to me "we need great songs like those you did in the past" and I answered a composer needs freedom to make hits,then I resigned.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2011, 00:39

I agree with Vadim and Newfield completely. ;)

I hope you'll make a comeback someday Newfield... not for Avex, but for fans!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Feb 2011, 04:56

synthjunkie
to be honest, i hope that the producers of eurobeat can move on to a newer genre of music, we can't be so selfish and make them produce eurobeat for us forever!
You get award for dumbest post of the year so far and I seriously hope noone sees this crap! I say Call the lynch mob on this guy :-x :evil:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2011, 07:17

drnrg wrote:synthjunkie
to be honest, i hope that the producers of eurobeat can move on to a newer genre of music, we can't be so selfish and make them produce eurobeat for us forever!
You get award for dumbest post of the year so far and I seriously hope noone sees this crap! I say Call the lynch mob on this guy :-x :evil:
Agreed.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 20 Feb 2011, 07:28

please be respectable and mature concerning what other think on here, Dr NRG. Just because you got high ratings, votes, whatever doesn't give you a right to put down another human being. That would make you just like what avex does to its producers. :(

All I was trying to say if that I hope more of us can continue to have a more open mind, to allow the producers to make those changes whenever they feel it's right, rather than criticizing them, such as saying not to buy their music or songs, or whatever reason.
eurobeat can be back on the top of the game, to the point where it can be more famous abroad, maybe even back again popular in italy and germany, as italo-disco used to be in the 80's (heck, i remember when madonna used to sample quite a few italo-disco songs into her hits back in the 80's, and it wouldn't surprise me if we could get eurobeat back up to such a top level so that more people around the world WOULD be familiar to it and can enjoy it.)

Trying to keep Eurobeat to always sound like 90's Eurobeat is like trying to make today's house music sound like 90's house music. There are similarities, but things get updated always. I agree with the_ditz on how Eurobeat will always continue to change. no matter whether the eurobeat producers will continue to update eurobeat and keep it labeled as eurobeat, or go into a new genre, even under mass changes, i will always support you producers as long as you continue making great music!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 20 Feb 2011, 08:43

For the most part, I do agree that changes in eurobeat is good, as long as it's UPDATE and not BACKDATE. A good amount of people seems to have a "retro obssession" disorder and seems to think that bashing modern day music and it's influences on modern eurobeat are a cool thing to do, well, glory to them I suppose. What I do not agree on is eurobeat changing or starting a new genre or whatsoever, to me, eurobeat is the genre I love and if the base essence of it is changed, then it's just not eurobeat anymore.

And yes, as long as the decision is not "stop doing eurobeat" or "do another genre exclusively", my support for the producers will always be there.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Feb 2011, 10:12

WNight wrote:For the most part, I do agree that changes in eurobeat is good, as long as it's UPDATE and not BACKDATE. A good amount of people seems to have a "retro obssession" disorder and seems to think that bashing modern day music and it's influences on modern eurobeat are a cool thing to do, well, glory to them I suppose. What I do not agree on is eurobeat changing or starting a new genre or whatsoever, to me, eurobeat is the genre I love and if the base essence of it is changed, then it's just not eurobeat anymore.

And yes, as long as the decision is not "stop doing eurobeat" or "do another genre exclusively", my support for the producers will always be there.
WNight just said everything else I could possibly add to this discussion. So yeah, QFT :grin:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2011, 11:04

the_ditz wrote:
WNight wrote:For the most part, I do agree that changes in eurobeat is good, as long as it's UPDATE and not BACKDATE. A good amount of people seems to have a "retro obssession" disorder and seems to think that bashing modern day music and it's influences on modern eurobeat are a cool thing to do, well, glory to them I suppose. What I do not agree on is eurobeat changing or starting a new genre or whatsoever, to me, eurobeat is the genre I love and if the base essence of it is changed, then it's just not eurobeat anymore.

WNight just said everything else I could possibly add to this discussion. So yeah, QFT :grin:
Seconded.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Feb 2011, 13:42

I like Eurobeat and its producers just the way they are.

right now it sounds better than it has in previous years.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 20 Feb 2011, 16:57

A good amount of people seems to have a "retro obssession" disorder
Eurobeat is a retro music...it came out long before the techno and boybandz...
and seems to think that bashing modern day music and it's influences on modern eurobeat are a cool thing to do,
Because Time'less italian hi nrg eurobeat is an antithesis to global and discardable Fast-Food-Music....modern commercial monsters should play outside.

To Laurent:

Music is created by musicmakers..

Japanese & other record companies are distributors...

..Euro-Beat..!!..
Last edited by Vadim on 24 Jun 2011, 06:59, edited 2 times in total.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 21 Feb 2011, 01:02

Vadim wrote:
A good amount of people seems to have a "retro obssession" disorder
Eurobeat is a retro music...it came out long before the techno and boybandz...
and seems to think that bashing modern day music and it's influences on modern eurobeat are a cool thing to do,
Because Time'less italian hi nrg eurobeat is an antithesis to global and discardable Fast-Food-Music....modern commercial monsters should play outside.
Hahaha, see what I mean? I rest my case. 8) :D