Super Eurobeat 212

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 23 Feb 2011, 23:26

As much as I agree with Jay's opinion regarding the the longing for more emotional tracks from SCP like "So Fragile" - I don't need to go on about how much I adore this song to you all again - I also find a lot of merit in the Irene/Yo Shine tracks that have been around since the start of the 200's. The style is the evolution of the dancier style that Pamsy and Melissa White pioneered, and while it may lack the true emotional depth that their tracks had back in the day, I still believe that these tracks from SCP offer some of the sweetest melodies on the Eurobeat scene today.

Having said all of that, I fail to see why drnrg thinks he's going to like I Dream Of You 1000x more than Power Of My Love, since to my ears the sample makes the track sound pretty much like Power Of My Love (part 2). I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, and it's cool to hear that the Yo Shine alias has its own separate identity away from Irene - the vocals of Yo Shine tracks sound a bit more natural to me - but I just reckon that a couple of weeks after the release of this album, I Dream Of You will blend in to Power Of My Love so much that they may as well be one 8 minute long extended track.

That's my two cents worth on the matter...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Feb 2011, 23:37

Jay wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:What WNight said.
I don't think I've seen you post anything constructive lately other than "yeah, what he said", "QFT", and so forth. If you can't be fucked addressing my post (or other people's posts, for that matter) with an opinion of your own, don't bother wasting your electricity and Bore's bandwidth.
Why should I construct a statement of my opinion when I have the same f*ing opinion than WNight (and some others). I think I have clearly stated in the past my opinions about slow Eurobeat. Now, don't get butt hurt because I agree with somebody else's post. Also note that I am very bad in expressing my opinions and that I prefer reading the others' opinion and associating myself to it because I can't exactly write it up in my own words. Get over it or GTFO.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 24 Feb 2011, 01:43

the_ditz wrote:Having said all of that, I fail to see why drnrg thinks he's going to like I Dream Of You 1000x more than Power Of My Love, since to my ears the sample makes the track sound pretty much like Power Of My Love (part 2). I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, and it's cool to hear that the Yo Shine alias has its own separate identity away from Irene - the vocals of Yo Shine tracks sound a bit more natural to me - but I just reckon that a couple of weeks after the release of this album, I Dream Of You will blend in to Power Of My Love so much that they may as well be one 8 minute long extended track.
I hear more of CooLoveR than Power of My Love to be honest. BUT THATS JUST ME

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Feb 2011, 02:58

the_ditz wrote:As much as I agree with Jay's opinion regarding the the longing for more emotional tracks from SCP like "So Fragile" - I don't need to go on about how much I adore this song to you all again - I also find a lot of merit in the Irene/Yo Shine tracks that have been around since the start of the 200's. The style is the evolution of the dancier style that Pamsy and Melissa White pioneered, and while it may lack the true emotional depth that their tracks had back in the day, I still believe that these tracks from SCP offer some of the sweetest melodies on the Eurobeat scene today.

Having said all of that, I fail to see why drnrg thinks he's going to like I Dream Of You 1000x more than Power Of My Love, since to my ears the sample makes the track sound pretty much like Power Of My Love (part 2). I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, and it's cool to hear that the Yo Shine alias has its own separate identity away from Irene - the vocals of Yo Shine tracks sound a bit more natural to me - but I just reckon that a couple of weeks after the release of this album, I Dream Of You will blend in to Power Of My Love so much that they may as well be one 8 minute long extended track.

That's my two cents worth on the matter...
Maybe this whole emotional feel doesn't really have to deal with the song itself (the production, the vocals), but is more of an inward experience of listening to it. I remember I started listening to eurobeat in the 150s decade. I think almost every song from that decade has an emotional "depth" if you will because it was new and fresh to hear those sounds. I still feel certain songs from that period have the most staying power than some more popular songs from other times. It's an inward thing if you ask me.

So let's say the first Go 2 song you heard was Funky Funlover or something else you describe as epic or emotional to listen to...over time, those feelings may dissipate with further releases by that artist (like how I didn't much care for the later Go 2 entries like Samurai Blue, Purple Emotion, or even Hot Vampire) because it felt like the same thing over again and not refreshing.

Maxwell P. Wainwright
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Maxwell P. Wainwright » 24 Feb 2011, 03:26

Brisk wrote:
I hear more of CooLoveR than Power of My Love to be honest. BUT THATS JUST ME
It's not just you. I hear A LOT of CooLoveR in this track, probably because it's near the same musical key, just majored instead of minored. However, the background pianos do remind me of Power of My Love.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 24 Feb 2011, 03:53

Yikes. The only samples for this album that interested me were I Dream of You, Set Me Free, Bang Bang Cowboy, and Baby Come Back. There are lots of really forgettable or ineffective tracks out of this batch.

The 210's are off to quite a poor start for me. This stuff just doesn't match up to the quality of what came out in decades such as the 150's and 170's.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Feb 2011, 04:37

wow! the cd hasn't even been released and it already looks like the Yo Shine track will be the controversal one dividing the forum. SCP has that knack, though I don't know if that is a blessing or curse. It's funny, but you guys are NOT helping my expectations of the track by comparing it to Power Of Love and Cool Lover:wink:

the_ditz
Having said all of that, I fail to see why drnrg thinks he's going to like I Dream Of You 1000x more than Power Of My Love, since to my ears the sample makes the track sound pretty much like Power Of My Love (part 2
As I recall the reason I didn't like Power Of Love was because it sounded like a fusing of a cool Mellisa White style track sprinkled with Kika & Fancy irritating little shoutouts. Sure hope the new one doesn't follow that path.

Maxwell P. Wainwright
Do people still play Yesterday, Night of Fire, Popteen, Try Me, Dark In The Night, Heartbeat, King and Queen, Hurricane, and the like OVER and OVER again? I do not think so.
Sorry, but your post was hilarious. No way could any new SCP material compete with those classics. For the record. I still spin those oldschool classics and you can add Hearbreaker, Doctor Love and Hot Girl to that list :P :wink:

BTW, did anyone else get that weird vibe from the Cy-Ro song about using his aggressive style for faster songs and so on...?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 24 Feb 2011, 04:47

Jay wrote:WNight, I was referring to SCP specifically in that part of my post you graciously highlighted, not other labels. The majority of SCP's songs lately are all about speed with only several exceptions. 'Samurai Blue', 'Eyes of Sky', 'One Heart One Soul', 'Flash & Love', 'Power Of My Love', 'Bigga Boom', 'Invisible Touch', 'Freedom Ride', 'Rock Beatin' Wild', 'I Dream Of You'... Need I go on?

Perhaps you can look to the more significant part of my post now: the fact that SCP's latest songs no longer have the emotional depth that they used to possess decades and decades ago. Slower songs like 'My Valentine', 'So Fragile' and 'Beautiful' have lasted well through the years for me because of the kinds of emotions they draw out of me, and I know I'm not the only one still listening to these songs for the same reason. But then you look at a typical recent SCP song like 'I Dream Of You', and while this song is obviously going to cause an impact upon first listen, it's almost guaranteed that nobody is going to listen to it in a few months' time. Why? Because it's just another typical speedy eurobeat song.

This was pretty much what I was going to write in my end-of-decade label review for SCP that you wished to read anyway WNight, so there you go. I just wish SCP would try to add more substance to their latest songs (which is hard to do with a song that's so fast like 'I Dream Of You'), since that's what made 'So Fragile' and the like so longlasting, memorable and special to me.
Point taken, so I guess you're looking for another SCP song you can weep or feel sad to?
Jay wrote:I remember how everybody was floored by 'Power Of My Love' when it was first released, but how many are still listening to it regularly? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was absolutely no-one. There's nothing holding a song like this up beyond its initial impact and speed. Even 'Set Me Free' (which I'm currently enjoying at the moment) will probably fall off everybody's radars in a month too, including my own.
I didn't get floored and you didn't too, so naturally, it won't last on you and me as long as the people who love it or are SCP biased, previous posts have shown that there are people who are still listening to it.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 25 Feb 2011, 01:39

I liked Claire M preview, sounds like a solid tune...and I wonder who the vocalist is...this preview's chorus has got a lot of punch in it..

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 25 Feb 2011, 04:04

Tiger wrote: I still dunno why it is on SEB and it is NOTHING like what Speed Records used to do on the Dancemania Speed series.
Tell me about it. it's almost as if 7A is desperate to have Saifam on SEB so she grabs whatever she can. I much rather she take old Eurobeat tracks from Saifam that just haven't been licensed by avex yet.
Jay wrote:I remember how everybody was floored by 'Power Of My Love' when it was first released, but how many are still listening to it regularly? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was absolutely no-one. There's nothing holding a song like this up beyond its initial impact and speed.
lol dude, way to generalize and exaggerate when your arguments are sually pretty sound. :P I for one am still very much enjoying Power of My Love and much of SCP's other releases. The aforementioned track, Eyes of Sky, Freedom Ride, What Do You Want From Me are but a few examples that really got to me.

This tracklist excites me. Also, the tracks released on Dima Eurobeat 1 are not on this thracklist so I can go ahead and buy them now. 8).

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 25 Feb 2011, 07:28

CUT THE CRAP PLEASE! Thanks. Accept each other's opinion >_> And now get on topic again because this wole thread gets ruïned.. like it happened so many times with other threads. If you have those shitty discussions about each other's opinions of tracks, where a bunch of people ''attack'' one person then please get out and have the fight on MSN, Facebook or an other thread. But don't ruin the regular CD release threads with your nagging............................

This release sounds like a solid release, better than 211 in my opinion. What do you think?

@densetsu, by publishing tracks on iTunes before the actual release on iTunes.. I think I'd kill Super Eurobeat, because then almost every SEB song would be available on the internet before the SEB release and people won't have any anticipation to SEB anymore. That's why I am not going to do that. Every Dima Eurobeat release will contain either already published material, or unreleased tracks that won't pop up on SEb any more.

@vadim, Claire Marcelle is a new artist from the Philippines, you can find a picture of her on this page: http://www.dimamusic.net/staff.php

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Feb 2011, 10:52

DarkSky wrote:CUT THE CRAP PLEASE! Thanks. Accept each other's opinion >_> And now get on topic again because this wole thread gets ruïned.. like it happened so many times with other threads. If you have those shitty discussions about each other's opinions of tracks, where a bunch of people ''attack'' one person then please get out and have the fight on MSN, Facebook or an other thread. But don't ruin the regular CD release threads with your nagging............................

There was no fight, attack or crap going on at all so relax. All that happened so far was a few people stating their opinions regarding SCP and a few correction over an apparently over-generalised statement from Jay that's all. Besides, things like 'Your first impressions of the album" can only go so far before the board dies out so it's discussions like these that helps to 'enrich' the board.

And no, I do not think that 212 will be better than 211.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Feb 2011, 13:24

Too much cafeen maybe? LOL!

The topic was actually right on target cuz the discussion started over the new Yo Shine song and of course everyone put in thier two cents., but that's what a forum discussion is supposed to be about, so yeah, I was kinda surprised by your sudden burst as well.

Anyway I also do not think it will be better than 211. In fact, I don't thik it will even come close to it. 211 just has such a classic feel to it.

IMOP and from the clips I heard; 212 is playing it real safe with the Eurobeat fans. Too safe actually.Even the added remix of that King & Queen classic gives me the feeling that AVEX didn't really wanna try anything shockingly new on this cd and the dissing of DELTA just doesn't seem right. To top it off, we all kinda get the feeling why avex left them out this round. and it all kinda seems arbituary in my eyes. Like what happened with TIME and "Iron man"

Anyway,As someone allready mentioned; 212 has that "Girl Power" feel to it and I might go as far as to say that a few trax feel misplced on this new compilation, like Bang Bang Cowboy for instance, but since I've been creaming for that song ever since I heard the preview on Dima's site; I will definately be adding 212 to my collection.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 25 Feb 2011, 15:39

drnrg wrote:Too much cafeen maybe? LOL!

IMOP and from the clips I heard; 212 is playing it real safe with the Eurobeat fans. Too safe actually.Even the added remix of that King & Queen classic gives me the feeling that AVEX didn't really wanna try anything shockingly new on this cd and the dissing of DELTA just doesn't seem right."
Yeah, and thanx to God & teams & Avex that they didn't..( screw up this SEB)...'cause we'd be gunning down their ..* modern style trainwrecks*.., with our own DR NRG himself gettin' busy kicking their ass...so PLAYing SAFE is like playing it smart, man!...ain't it..?....Do keep our favorite music true and classic...!...Virginelle tune is exactly what I'm talking 'bout...EUROBEAT should stay EUROBEAT..period..

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 25 Feb 2011, 15:43

Okay, first impressions time...

1. YO SHINE / I DREAM OF YOU
I do love the funky disco feel that this one has. The bassline teamed with the piano accents makes for a really light and happy sound. I also love the synth hits after "you" "more" and "why" - little things that raise this track above the norm. Will be one of the highlights of the album for sure.
:grin:

2. ACE / SET ME FREE
I held off buying this from iTunes as I had a very strong feeling it would feature on this release. The impact of this track is very high, and I adore the hook used as well. Ace is back on top form!
:grin:

3. ANNALISE / LOVE TOY
I still can't work out whether this is an old-school A-Beat C production or a new Sun Fire track done in the style of the A-Beat C releases. Either way, it has that same feeling that all Annerley Gordon tracks from the 170s seemed to have - pleasant and fairly catchy, but hardly setting the world alight.
:) >> :|

4. MR. MOOG / BANG BANG COWBOY
The vocals sound a bit isolated in this track - the older production style battles with the fresher sounding vocals. I'm not crazy about this song if I'm honest, but at least it plugs the hole left by Hi-NRG's refusal to create tracks with silly lyrics and themes.
:| >> :)

5. VIRGINELLE / BABY COME BACK
This track sounds like has more of a hyper-techno kick drum - it sounds pretty high-pitched compared to other GGM productions. Gobbi's vocals are the star as ever on these tracks, and the little taster of the hook that we are given at the very end sounds pretty catchy - this could be one to watch when we get the full version.
:)

6. DJ SPACE C / DANGER ZONE
The vocals in this track are fairly awful, and the fact that the chord never changes through the whole verse gives it a very stale and stagnant feeling to me. I do enjoy the song itself (always have liked the melody) but Saifam really need a fresh injection of Eurobeat inspiration as this just doesn't cut it in the Eurobeat world for me...
:| >> :(

7. DAVID & TOY / YOU & I
Dima does a Dave & Nuage with an aishu track that has its fair share of sickly sweet sentiment. It's pleasant enough, but doesn't have the same impact as the more aggressive tracks or the same melodic brilliance of tracks like Make Me Wonder. Undecided...
:| >> :)

8. JOE D. TOASTER / CRAZY DIAMOND
These slower HRG tracks seem to be getting slower with every release that passes! This one hasn't had the same instantaneous impact on me as the melody isn't quite as refined and the delivery doesn't quite have the same shine as Rainy Days or Cherry Lips. Still, I have a feeling that this is another track that will surprise me in full...

9. MELISSA WHITE / MOVIN' & LOVIN'
This is basically a Momo track but with Melissa on vocals instead. The melody and production are fairly run-of-the-mill SCP and compared to the opening 2 tracks from this album, this track is definitely not anywhere near the same league. I'm still waiting for another "Switch!" or "Wanna Be With You" style track from Melissa...
:| >> :(

10. MEGAN / TIME TO SAY BYE BYE
Over-compressed production and under-produced vocals? Why it could only be a female-sung Sinclaire track! This style is probably my least favourite in the whole of the modern Eurobeat scene - and that's including the awful Saifam Speed tracks that we are being given now. Bring back Dejo and Bon!!
:(

11. CY-RO / JUMP ON THE SOUND
This one is really weird. Festari's vocals are delivered in a way that sounds like he has been told halfway through the chorus to keep the noise down by his neighbours - does no-one else hear the way he starts to half-whisper halfway through? Come-on, a bit more conviction is needed for a speedier track especially. Undecided about this one...
:|

12. GO GO GIRLS / SEX KILLER
Wow, this one pushes the envelope in terms of structure and melodic progression, and not all of the experimentation works to my ears. I love the spooky and menacing bassline and the overall atmosphere created by the synths, but the ups and downs of the melody and the way the beat keeps changing and dropping out doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe it's just a bad sample...

:|

13. CLAIRE M. / MUSIC
Thank god this track was included, as this was in danger of being the first album in ages that hasn't had any Dima tracks I truly love on it. I like the tone of Claire's vocals, and the classic vocal melody gives her a far debut than Destinee was given. That key change in to the synth hook is intriguing - can't wait to hear the full version!
:) >> :grin:

14. DIGITAL PLANET / A NEW DAY
This one sounds pretty nice, but it's just a shame about the really quiet vocals. I just wish the had a bit more purpose and impact to them. I can hear the older-style A-Beat C percussion here - man, I miss that so much! - and the melody is fairly memorable to my ears. Could be a nice track.

15. KING & QUEEN / YA YA YA (Slow Mix)
Okay, this basically sounds like a standard Eurobeat track has had all of its production stripped away, and a basic beat at half of the speed has been added with some other minimalistic layers to keep the melody on track. I can't hear a lot of merit in this one to be honest - only SCP knows how to make good remixes in other styles in my opinion...
:(

SCP are the stars of this release for the first two tracks. They could have been duplicated 7 times and I would've been quite happy with this release. Sadly, we seem to have been given a fairly dated selection of sounds from other labels (I guess they had to balance out the overall sound for the 211 & 212 nonstop on 213...)