Norma Sheffield

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Post by Jion » 17 Jan 2006, 21:06

LOL thanks Nine for bringing the topic back to where it's supposed to be hahahaha!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 17 Jan 2006, 23:40

I really like her style too for some reason. No one else has it. It's like this, airy, breathy quality. Also, she has a really unique way of pronouncing words a lot of the time, it doesn't seem Italian, other than some missing h's, but it doesn't seem very English either. Personally, she also seems really good in ensembles, like in A-Beat-C Sisters - Tiki Tiki Room, hearing her distinctive voice just adds something to the song.

parafan22
Euro To B

Post by parafan22 » 22 Jan 2006, 06:49

To me as i started this topic, her music defines what true eurobeat love songs should be,I mean it just makes you think,While most songs are singing about fire and desire she has more to say..tracks such as "ladies" define the women movement and changes to the way you look at women,Or another track "sunny life" looking for a happier life...but through all the slower songs she can bounce back with tracks such as "party time" that are more upbeat than her normal track speed.I'll always lover her music. :D

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 10 Jun 2011, 17:09

I think only one other person mentioned Touch Me Touch Me, but it is one of my favourite eurobeat. Very melodic as well as good energy, just so catchy.

Original
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzRgvbrYzZU

A slight remix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y92VuwG56PU

A slower version, a bit strange but different, brings out some details.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bteQUuHVnR8
Last edited by starry on 10 Jun 2011, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 10 Jun 2011, 19:35

thread necromancy
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 10 Jun 2011, 20:20

It may be an old thread but I don't think that means it's irrelevant, unless you would prefer a new Norma Sheffield thread and just bury anything that has been said before? :D

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Jun 2011, 05:31

starry wrote:It may be an old thread but I don't think that means it's irrelevant, unless you would prefer a new Norma Sheffield thread and just bury anything that has been said before? :D
Yes, for myself, I would prefer a new thread... if you had been on IDW, you would had a couple of red stickers by now...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 11 Jun 2011, 06:20

Yeh well I'm not on IDW (wherever that is), and as you said elsewhere you are not a mod and yet you're acting like one.

And then of course you get the opposite on forums where people say why have you started a new thread instead of searching and finding the relevant thread. Some forums indeed will merge threads on a similar subject. Yes I am used to forums and I know things are much more complex than you wish to make out. Old threads aren't necessarily irrelevant.

And I've read the rules and it looks like you are completely wrong on this forum anyway.

"4. When posting a new thread, please check before posting if there is a thread about the similar topic already on the forums. The forum history dates back to 2004, so there are fairly many old thread that *can* be revided if needed."

If you have an issue with that talk with a mod and not me.
lover of melody

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Jun 2011, 07:57

starry wrote:Yeh well I'm not on IDW (wherever that is), and as you said elsewhere you are not a mod and yet you're acting like one.

And then of course you get the opposite on forums where people say why have you started a new thread instead of searching and finding the relevant thread. Some forums indeed will merge threads on a similar subject. Yes I am used to forums and I know things are much more complex than you wish to make out. Old threads aren't necessarily irrelevant.

And I've read the rules and it looks like you are completely wrong on this forum anyway.

"4. When posting a new thread, please check before posting if there is a thread about the similar topic already on the forums. The forum history dates back to 2004, so there are fairly many old thread that *can* be revided if needed."

If you have an issue with that talk with a mod and not me.
I give up.

P.S Norma has never been my piece of cake.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 11 Jun 2011, 08:30

Lebon14 wrote:P.S Norma has never been my piece of cake.
I guessed that.
lover of melody

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 16 Jun 2011, 11:06

starry wrote:unless you would prefer a new Norma Sheffield thread and just bury anything that has been said before?
Could we just bury her instead? :!:

(probably my least favorite EB vocalist of all time...)
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 16 Jun 2011, 12:52

favorite Norma songs: Waiting For You, Wanna Feel You, Sweet Heart, My Friend, For A Crazy Love, Love Collision, Here It Comes The Sun, Nothing Changed, Little Crazy Baby, Memories, Sweet Heaven, Little Love, Your Love Is A Lightning, If You Wanna Stay, LOVE STORY!

That's about it...

I liked Do You Wanna Really Love Me when it came out on 188 but not so much anymore and i forgot about it :x

on another note, i wonder if norma went to Sun Fire or not :O probably not, but i dunno

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 16 Jun 2011, 13:29

Tiger wrote:favorite Norma songs: Waiting For You, Wanna Feel You, Sweet Heart, My Friend, For A Crazy Love, Love Collision, Here It Comes The Sun, Nothing Changed, Little Crazy Baby, Memories, Sweet Heaven, Little Love, Your Love Is A Lightning, If You Wanna Stay, LOVE STORY!

That's about it...

I liked Do You Wanna Really Love Me when it came out on 188 but not so much anymore and i forgot about it :x

on another note, i wonder if norma went to Sun Fire or not :O probably not, but i dunno
Avex has simply stopped requesting Norma songs. Her last song was the Plum/A-Beat C collaboration on 199 and I don't see her coming back (if at all). What would help answer that question would be if Contini is still the publisher for Rodgers' Sun Fire tracks. I know Dave has been doing his own thing and going through some difficult issues lately which may contribute to him doing his own thing with his small team (him, Futura and Rich Hard).
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 25 Jun 2011, 20:03

I don't think anyone has mentioned the song Sometimes in this thread, it's probably my second favourite after Touch Me Touch Me. Either nobody likes it or it isn't well known.
lover of melody

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 26 Jun 2011, 00:47

starry wrote:I don't think anyone has mentioned the song Sometimes in this thread, it's probably my second favourite after Touch Me Touch Me. Either nobody likes it or it isn't well known.
I think Sometimes is an okay song. It sounds a lot like her other songs, so it's not one of my favorites. It's nice to listen to though.