Super Eurobeat 214

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 May 2011, 06:15

Okay so I decided that I might as well post up my comments (Not a review, I hardly consider whatever I wrote a proper review at all) for the album so here goes :

01. Because Of You / Jager (3/10) - Arguably the most blandish thing I've ever heard in a while, especially the horrible riff. What happened? Why did SCP take a step backward after the marvellous (and of course, often bashed upon for crapload of reasons) WDYWFM? Well whatever, not worthy of all the hype it has gotten, for it is indeed the absolute worst song by Jager ever.

02. Skyline / Leslie Parrish (7/10) - Standard Delta, not too bad but brings nothing special to the table. I guess you could say, they don't fix what's not broken.

03. The Magic I Feel / April (9/10) - I actually like this track a lot. Of course, I'd prefer a proper vocal presentation over something chipmunk-ish vocals like that but honestly, I didn't mind it one bit this time as it didn't seem as annoying as in Hanami, which is of course, down to personal opinion. But put that aside for a moment and there's actually a winning element here : The melody. Very rarely does an SCP female track these days show signs of major inspirations like these (The last time I heard something THIS good was OHOS) and suffice to say, I think it's one of their best since the 200s began. Overall, it's very much enjoyable, surprisingly.

04. Rhythmysticaltycious / Lolita (1/10) - For a start, two things, the lyrics and the title of this track. I really, REALLY, RREEAALLYY HATE them. Talk about self indulgent, this is a nigh perfect example which unfortunately didn't work too well, what with phrases like "Music is a gift for all of us", uhh yeah sure, whatever you say GGM. Too quirky, too odd and not having self awareness, and considering how good the previous Virginelle song is, this is a disaster on all levels. A definite inclusion into my worst of this year

05. Passport To Dance / Eurodudes (9/10) - Y'know what's funny? The amount of people who were worshipping this song even before the track was officially released, with some even going as far as listing it as their all around top track of 2011 based on a video and a 30 second sample. But maybe they're on to something, because this is actually really good, not Wheelpower & Go! good but still good. It's hyper, it's over-the-top and provides the perfect tune for a rockin good time. I also have to say I am really liking the Dejo & Bon pairing as well, they're quite formidable. All in all, great song, and definitely one of Sinclaire's best since his label's inception. W & G still remains my favourite though ...

06. Boom Boom Scream / Domino & Scream Team (6/10) - Might be good for a few occasional listens if I have nothing else to listen to since these type of songs rarely do much for me, not that I hate them though. Otherwise, I just don't see myself listening to this too much. Got to admit that it's actually not too shabby though.

07. Baby Go / The Frisbees (3.5/10) - The fuck is this? Bubblegum eurobeat? Sorry, not interested.

08. Blackout / Nine9Nine (4/10) - Underwhelming with a capital U. I generally like these rock-ish songs be it eurobeat fused with rock elements or just eurock in general but what to say of this one? It sounds like it didn't know which path it would like to take. The chorus as well, is really anti-climax, there is potential and I know Dima can do much more than just a few "Blackouts", and had he did, the results could be totally different altogether. Unfortunately for now, this song has to bite the dust but like I've said earlier, the potential is definitely there and I look forward to another Dima eurock. Don't be too long though!

09. Pretty Girl Rock / Speedmaster feat Cindy (3.5/10) - Covers ... Ugh, so much covers from Saifam these days.

10. Together / Ciao Ciao (10/10) - Now this is an elite track. There's not much to say about anything aside from the chorus, as that is quite clearly, the highlight of the entire song. Vocals are good too, and when it comes down to, Ciao Ciao might just be the "poster girl" for Hi-NRG Attack in the future. TMOS has nothing on this one. Way to go!

11. Just A Dream / Mc Boy (7.5/10) - Enough covers. Even if it's not THAT bad sometimes.

12. You Are In Love / Michelle Rose (1.5/10) - If Ciao Ciao, and perhaps Laura Vox too could become the poster girls of Hi-NRG Attack, then I suppose Michelle Rose could become the boredom representative of the label. Because this is what this track is : B-B-B-Boring! Just like HTSIS.

13. Take My Life / Rich Hard (11/10) - I still can't seem to see what the fuss is about regarding Sun Fire's production. I can honestly say that I hear none of the gfshjhdk what not problems that some people keep on complaining about such as the bass and co (And mind you, I tried it with WOW, HD Audio and the likes, and even an array of different players and headphones/earpiece). Regardless, this is a Sun Fire track so standard stuff, very good intro! Catches my attention in an instant. The melody's really good and I like this whole aggressive sorrow thing that SF is pushing out with Rich Hard being the go to guy for these kind of songs. Beats Pirates anyday, that's for sure. Vocals are good, as usual. All in all, another elite track, even more so than Together, and a definite inclusion into of this year's best.

14. No More Love / Cherry (2/10) - The enthusiasm that could be felt in Skyline definitely isn't here, and it's just a really boring song overall. The flow's definitely not there as well, as I find that the bridge sounds slightly odd. Clara sounds okay, but like I said, the enthusiasm's not there. All in all, the only thing I could say about this track is, it's basically inferior to Skyline in almost every aspect, and just for that reason itself, I don't see a reason to return to this song again after this write-up is done.

Top 3 :
Take My Life / Rich Hard
Together / Ciao Ciao
Passport To Dance / Eurodudes

Bottom 3 :
Rhythymysticaltycious / Lolita
You Are In Love / Michelle Rose
No More Love / Cherry

HM :
The Magic I Feel / April

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 15 May 2011, 11:10

I'm totally with WNight about Sun Fire! They have awsome sound and I loved all there songs so far! They can't go wrong in my eyes! :D

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 17 May 2011, 17:25

14. No More Love / Cherry (2/10) - The enthusiasm that could be felt in Skyline definitely isn't here, and it's just a really boring song overall.
12. You Are In Love / Michelle Rose (1.5/10) - If Ciao Ciao, and perhaps Laura Vox too could become the poster girls of Hi-NRG Attack, then I suppose Michelle Rose could become the boredom representative of the label. Because this is what this track is : B-B-B-Boring!
Boring ???? Not to my ears.

Perhaps you can try to show some respect for songs which aren't completely your taste? :|

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 18 May 2011, 02:25

EurothunderNL wrote:
14. No More Love / Cherry (2/10) - The enthusiasm that could be felt in Skyline definitely isn't here, and it's just a really boring song overall.
12. You Are In Love / Michelle Rose (1.5/10) - If Ciao Ciao, and perhaps Laura Vox too could become the poster girls of Hi-NRG Attack, then I suppose Michelle Rose could become the boredom representative of the label. Because this is what this track is : B-B-B-Boring!

Perhaps you can try to show some respect for songs which aren't completely your taste? :|
Educate me then, what kind of "respect" should I be giving when I genuinely find the song a bore to listen to?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 18 May 2011, 02:34

WNight wrote:
EurothunderNL wrote:

Educate me then, what kind of "respect" should I be giving when I genuinely find the song a bore to listen to?
I think it was the semantics of how you wrote your review that turned people off, but people are strongly opinionated about certain things.

The one thing I can't get past is how you rated Take My Life so highly in comparison to other songs. Of course, it's all opinion, but there seems something so lacking in these Sun Fire songs. I do like the auto-tune-esque effect used in his vocals, but the rest of the song, seems, hrm, barren? IMHO, A-BEAT C/Sunfire's sound sort of crumbled after the split between GGM and A-BEAT C (although I do still love Neverending Night). By no means, am I insisting that Sun Fire stinks, but the sounds aren't there for me anymore, but it seems to work for people like you.

For some people complaining about SCP and GGM's lack of inspiration, I still love these two labels immensely. SCP and GGM should collab more or simply merge together, if you ask me. The possibilities of creativity would be endless if they worked more closely together.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 18 May 2011, 17:23

14. No More Love / Cherry (2/10) - The enthusiasm that could be felt in Skyline definitely isn't here
See the difference:

1 The enthousiasm that could be felt in Skyline definitely isn't here
2 The enthousiasm that could be felt in Skyline is missing for me here

The fact is I feel the enthousiasm in the song.

"Definitely isn't here" reads for me as if it is "the truth; no doubt about it". But it is just one opinion and says nothing about the quality of the song. I think it's undeserved when a producer reads things like this.

That's just my opinion :)

kurisuto
Bad Bad Bad

Post by kurisuto » 18 May 2011, 18:25

OK, first review! Note though that I'm no Eurobeat expert; I can't make comparisons with other songs from the same label etc. But the reasoning behind this review is simple, really: good music is good. Now, with that said:

01. Because Of You / Jager (4/10) - Not great. The sabi tends to get on my nerves. I can't say I l don't like the song, though.

02. Skyline / Leslie Parrish (8/10) - A nice little song, works quite well. Nice lead guitar and vocals. The riff is nice too, but not especially memorable.

03. The Magic I Feel / April (10/10) - I have nothing against auto-tune as long as it's used the right way, which is totaly the case here. I love the singer's voice, great riff, great chorus... What a nice song.

04. Rhythmysticaltycious / Lolita (6/10) - Hard to judge this one. The melos are quite nice, vocals rather nice, but... there's something in the riff that just doesn't work for me. And I don't like the sabi.

05. Passport To Dance / Eurodudes (9/10) - The song lost one point because of horrible distortion and that it's childish time. Good music is good music, but music is sound, right? Well, I'd like to remind them to work on the SOUND, dammit! Not the only song I could bash for this in this album, but... what a waste.

But yeah, apart from that, awesome song. Best riff of the album to me, that's what I'd call "memorable". Just great.

ALRIGHT, 10/10!!! But do something about the sound :'(

06. Boom Boom Scream / Domino & Scream Team (7/10) - Another one that I have problems judging... I don't listen to Eurobeat to get this kind of songs. The riff doesn't make me want to jump like a retard in my room. But still, in the end, I think it's a nice song. The Burtonesque touch is nice.

07. Baby Go / The Frisbees (2/10) - It lost me around... 0:02, so I guess it deserves 2 points. Seriously, now. Horrible male vocals. The song sounds definitely dull to me.

08. Blackout / Nine9Nine (4/10) - I'm a guitar maniac, so that's cool. BUT I WANT EUROBEAT RIFFS. As in, stereotypical ones. I don't really like the sabi.

09. Pretty Girl Rock / Speedmaster feat Cindy (7/10) - Full disclosure: IDK the original. Nice feel overall, although it lacks a bit of energy. Nice layered bass, and pretty good intro. I wish the riff was more.. agressive though, not the right synth to me. But good song.

10. Together / Ciao Ciao (9/10) - Love the riff. I'm not a huge fan of the a melo though, hence not 10/10.

11. Just A Dream / Mc Boy (7/10) - Again, IDK the original, and I'm thinking what I like about this song comes from the original... aka I don't like the rapper. I do like rap, I'm not saying this out of narrow-mindedness, it's just that... no.

12. You Are In Love / Michelle Rose (7/10) - Yet another one hard to judge for me... Way too slow to my liking. Too bad, because the song is very good.

13. Take My Life / Rich Hard (8/10) - Nice! Not awesome, but still very good. The intro was quite original to me. Good riff. I like the singer's passion. But is it me or are there some realy strange noises at some point?

14. No More Love / Cherry (10/10) - Hell yeah! Great song: melody, riff, break, vocals... Just a really good song.

15. Ding a ling / Jilly (3/10) - As I said, no Eurobeat expert, i.e. no SEB expert either. ... so, can someone tell me what the hell this song is doing here? It's not that bad, though.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 May 2011, 06:25

All comments aside. We have been through the "Different tastes" argument 100x; I do like the fact that more members are reviewing the cd.

I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I was vol. 211-212, but it does contain a handful of great songs. I'll probobly do one in a few days.

WNight
12. You Are In Love / Michelle Rose (1.5/10) - If Ciao Ciao, and perhaps Laura Vox too could become the poster girls of Hi-NRG Attack, then I suppose Michelle Rose could become the boredom representative of the label. Because this is what this track is : B-B-B-Boring! Just like HTSIS.
pretty much crapped on my favourite song, but hey, at least your sarcastically honest and that makes for a good read.
BTW, I usually have no problems with Sun Fires "Loudness". "Louder & faster" sounded just fone on my player, but the Rich Hard song has that distorted feel; which you say you don't get , so what level you got you WOW effects on?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 May 2011, 20:09

Clearly, this is the best album of the 210's decade so far, imo. It has a lot of memorable tracks that I'd actually come back to a lot.

Just A Dream is actually surprisingly great as a hardcore speed track. The chorus is especially catchy. Granted, the song still probably shouldn't be on a Super Eurobeat compilation, but it's good for what it is. Even Pretty Girl Rock, which is at least a bit closer to 'eurobeat,' sounds quite nice.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Jun 2011, 08:23

Sorta late to the party, but I finally got around to reviewing the cd.

Super Eurobeat vol. 214

1. Because Of You- Jager (SCP)
The cd starts off with one of the newest and most dinamic artits in the Eurobeat scene. I wasn't really blown away with any Jager material prior to this song and I was downright turned off by the WDYWFM pop attempt, but it seems that for me Jager finally found that energetic vibe that his songs had at Blast records. To get it out of the way; I'm still at odds with the SEB edits when I really feel this song could be even better in 5 min extended form, but somehow this TIME around SCP have managed to grab all the meaty parts of the original studio extended and mixmacth them into a very poweful sequence. Even the uprupt intro seems to give the song the right amount of adrenaline to turn over this vehicle's energetic engine into high gear. Jager as a vocalist is allright, There isn't too much aggressiveness in his tone, but I love the enthusiasm that you hear when he sings. I could even compare him a bit to Mike Posner, but he seems to be comfortable with himself and that is giving the song incredible enrgy. The melody is very catchy and the structure is a bit inbetween Eurobeat and Pop, but still effective. The last verse is where I'm captivated the most and seems to merge perfect with his own backup effects during the final chorus. If this is the direction the Jager title will be going in, then I'm really looking forward to his next song. This song is really top notch for SCP.
10/10

2. Skyline- Leslie Parrish (DELTA)
I never fully count out DELTA, even when thier SEB entries don't immediately catpure my interest, because the songs have a way of growing on me with each listen. When I first heard "Skyline", I thought to myself, Nice beat, nice melody and Clara sounds good, but not much more. I remeber songs form the past like "Killing My LOve", "Save Me" and "Mon Amoure" with thier powerful, meloncholic melodies and thought that Leslie Parrish as a Artist title had hit her peak. Then I remebered that ;in fact, Leslie has been one of the more consistant alias during the SEB run. Especially in the 180s. When I started comparing this song to those was when I finally heard the magic of "Skyline". The vocals are actually above average and the Riff is anything but your run of the mill rehashed synths. The melody throughout the song is actually from the progressive end, meaning the suspence is slowly built up through the verses, bridge and chorus. The one part that proboly left a little to be desired is the almost nonexsistant breakdown in the middle. I wish DELTA songs would put emphasis on the breakdowns like the ones Laurent would insert back in the day, but other than that, "Skyline seems to inject just the right amount of Power in the riff to kick it up a notch more than when I originally heard it.
9-/10

3. The Magic I Feel- April (SCP)
I originally wrote off this song as Auto tuned mush and preceded to push the skip button when ever I would hear it. Untill One day, I decided to spin my old school Freestyle 12's. That's when It me! This song's melody during the verses , follows the style very closely linked with the songs by Cynthia, Covergirls and Sa-Fire. By the TIME the bridge and chrorus roll along, we are back into Eurobeat territory, but it's that melody during the verses that makes me enjoy the song a bit more that I ever would have if I hadn't heard that similiarity with the 80's Freestlye melodies. I still don't sell into the auto tuned effects of this April artist, but it's a nice flovour of the month for a moment song.
7+/10

4. Ryhthmisticalicious- Lollita (GGMs)
This song reminds me of that "Food Fighter" song from SCP. How did I come up with that comparison?, because one of the E.P. members; forgot who, called that song delicious and that for me was anything but a word I would use to describe a good Eurobeat song, Anyway, back to this song; the only positive thing I can say is that it has a really cool intro. I can clearly tag the word mistical to the song everyTIME I hear it's intro. I'll even go as far as to say that Lollita sounds somewhat sensual when she speaks in the intro, but shortly after that, it's all downhill for me. The chorus is the biggest offender for me. Too happy anjd giddy and I feel it totally contrasts itself with the mistical intro. I have never been a fan of Lollita's vocals and I can literally count the songs I like from her on my hand with "Cooling My Desire" being my favourite from that particular alias of hers. So in the end I can pretty much skip over this song and hope that GGMs might decide to past that cool intro onto another much better song.
-6(song)8( intro)/10

5. Passport To Dance- Eurodudes (Sinclaire)
Seems 2011 has turned out to be a banner year for Sinclaire's Eurobeat label. This was one of the songs that immediately jumped out at me upon listening to the clip and I knew it would be be that much powerful once I heard it in it's entirety. What I really love about Nando's return to the label is that he is giving Sinclaire's songs that progressive feel. I remember when Nando first started singing under the aliases of Mike Hammer and later Mako at DELTA, how each song was better than the previous one. This is exactly what is happening now at Sinclaire. First was his triumphant comback with "Toy For Love" than came the POWER chemistry of him and Dejo of "Wheel Power and GO!" and now with the loudness effect turned up to max, it seems Nando and Co. have again outdone themselves. This TIME around we have a very addictive melody in the chorus and an even more familiar one in the riff. If my ears serve me well; we are infact, listening to the classic synth melody of Eddy Huntington's "Meet My Freind". The bpms; are, of course, much more higher and it's laced with a few explosions, but it's definately inspired by that same old skool riff. So what I'm hearing; are all the factors, that I need to love a Eurobeat song. Italo inspired melodies, catchy sing along chorus, aggressive synths and classic vocals from one of Eurobeat's premier old school masters. I think there might even be a breakdown in there? Short ,but definatley powerful.
10+/10

6. Boom Boom Scream- Scream Team feat. Domino (SCP)
so next we have a collaboration from SCP and GGms. There have been a few more prior to this one, but I have never really cared for them untill now. It seems Domino can easily make a great successor to Pamsy for the Scream Team project. Her wacky vocal stylings go hand in hand with the errie/haunting effects of a good ol' Scream Team. In my honest opinion; the song loses half it's power in this 3:45 edit, and should be heard in that 6 min+ version to fully get lost in the Halloween groove. On this cd, it sounds more like a preview of the actual exetnded, but it is still loads of fun and does ,in fact contain a good portion of the extended's crazyness. I will never understnd the logic about releasing a halloween themed song months before the actual celebrated day, but I've come to accept the the Japanese live in thier own reality and since it is one of the highlights of the cd, I'm more than glad it made it's way onto the disc.
9/10

7. Baby Go- The Frisbees (Dima music)
I guess the word is that Jimmy Diamond is now at Dima? This would have to be the first song I have heard him sing in this style and It really doesn't sound bad at all. He sort of gives me the impression of what Sergio Dall Ora sounded like when he sang with Andrea on the "Barbi Girl" cover. This song has all the elements of a good uplifting Eurobeat song and will safely fall into the company of songs of that same nature. For me; it's a hit, and grows in popularity with each listen. I was initially put off by the "Whoa ohs" during the chorus, but now have come to realize that those same backups are the song's charm. I also really love this song's intro; something I havn't really mentioned, about the songs on this cd. The guitars sound alot like something you would find on an 80's Bon Jovi anthemic number and are giving the song it's agreesive vibe. The trading off of the vocals during the verses is also very original and seldom heard in a Eurobeat song of this nature. I'm still getting used to the odd effect of the male parts in the song, but I am sure they are purposely sung this way to give the song an Aqua-like vibe? Once the listener gives the song a a chance; you realize all the intersting quirks inserted here and there, sound rather charming and give it a strong sing along value. Once again we get a mini break with more empahasis on a prolinged exit, but it doesn't spoil the fun and I'm gald Dima and Co. are introducing more aliases onto the label.
+8/10.

this is the first half of my review, which I will contune this weekend. Still to come; mega chartbusters from HRG Attack and another comeback from Cherry. Stay tuned

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 13 Jun 2011, 11:40

Best songs

Eurodudes - Passport to Dance
Quite good, chorus may not be interesting enough for me though, a bit too insistent on the hook so could get annoying. It may be the best on the album though.

The Frisbees - Baby Go.
Pretty catchy. May have needed a bit more to it to be a classic however, so possibly too light with how much music it has.
lover of melody

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Jun 2011, 05:34

Now for the second half of my SEB 214 review.

08. Blackout- Nine9Nine (Dima music)
Funny thing for AVEX to slot both Dima produced songs side by side. The entry by the new DiMarcantonio alias was supposed to introduce a new style of Euro Rock. Much like Dave Rodgers has done in the past. At first listen ,I was initially hyped to listen to this new style, but at a runTIME of only 4:45; the song becomes very repitious with little to no difference inbetween the melodies in the verses and chorus. The fact that it features no Synth riff further gives it a very monotonous feel. The vocals; as always, are great as Davide puts out his best aggressive tones he can and while the song carries on a rather catchy melody, it's the actual guitars that become very annoying by the TIME the song is halfway thru. Once again the best part is the third verse where most of the music is dropped and accompanied only by grungy style guitar work, but the feel of that never ending chorus really gets sorta unbearable towards the end. A decent song, but it breaks no boundaries whatsoever in the Euro Rock genre and in the end I'm afraid it will quickly be forgotten.
7-/10

09. Pretty Girl Rock- Speedmaster feat. Cindy (Saifam)
The good news is ; as we all know, that these pop covers from Saifam were nowhere in sight on Super Eurobeat 215. There really is very little to say about this song. I do not particulalry like radio pop and songs like this are the very reason. The first thing I noticed that really ticked me off is the artist name of Cindy; who we all know is now at HRG Attack. Cindy did start out at Asia records, but left with Ciao Ciao in early 90s and since then has been with HRG Attack. besides Cindy would never sing pop rubbish like this. The song itself follows the same melody thruoghout the song with a sort of spoken feel instead of singing style. Furthermore the synth riff is just the chorus melody played on keyboard. Pity this had to be the longest song on the cd. For once, I would have prefered the SEB edit. To top things off, Saifam somehow manged to outdo themselves with an even worse song on this disc. Seems Saifam's long Eurobeat run is comming to a crash.
5-10

10. Together- Ciao Ciao (HRG Attack)
Funny I mentioned Ciao Ciao in the review above and now here we have the classic Eurobeat duo making an appearence and saving us from the complete dullness we were left with after hearing the previous song. Fist things first is that HRG once again dream up an incredibly catchy intro. It quickly reminded me of the style used in Seventeen; another Ciao Ciao song from the Euromach era. As far as a discography goes; this girl duo have released nothing but instant catchy and memorable classics. The immidiate jump out is the riff. It is very much used in the syle of the Euromach era. A nice progressive strong synth with a hint of Italo melody to sweeten the pot. The girls as always sound great in thier normal toned vocals and the lyrics flow really nicely with the melody. To better grasp the feel of the song, just remeber how powerful JUngle Of Fire sounded a few months back. We are infact dealing with the same amount of power and speed that has made HRG Attack such a strong force to be reckoned with in the Eurobeat scene. I think the breakdown could have been a little more effective had it gone down to a percussion only effcet, but it was still adequate enough to introduce the last chorus before clossing out.
9/10

11. Just A Dream- MC Boy (Saifam)
Saifam has hit a new low. Not only by covering Rap music, but by actually using the vocals of a singer that sounds like a rapper. Thier is absolutely nothing Eurobeat related about this song and frankly its a complete waste of space IMOP. It would be concidered my worst Eurobeat song ever if I even thought it fit the catagory. They should come up with a new title for this tyle of music. I don't know... Call it Speedbeat or something, but not Eurobeat. Asolutely the worst showing any Eurobeat label has ever featured on the series. Thank goodness Saifam are off the series. At least for the TIME being.
N/A

12. You Are In Love- Michelle Rose (HRG Attack)
...and almost immedialtely, just like magic we are thrusted back onto true Eurobeat territory. The first thing we notice is a super epic intro with Disco floor sirens in the backround. Michelle Rose; as an artist, has made quite a name for herself on the label. From Baby Come Back To Me to Sunday Night and every thing thereafter, Michelle Rose has covered just about every style the label is known for. For me; her vocals seem to be perfect for this Italo/SAW style,the label is now a days composing for some of it's female artists. The song follows the syle of HTSIS. As i already mentioned, it carries a very epic feel throught the chorus and riff. The kind of number you could actually picture the label performing on a live stage. It's no doubt that it's my favourit song off the cd with that epic sound that just brings every instrument alive. Noteworthy is how crisp the percussion sounds, which oveall gives the song its very beautiful and strong sound. A definate masterpiece which would have bacome an instant calssic if relaesed during the vinyl era.
10+++/10

13. Take My Life- Rich Hard (Sun Fire)
One thing that I must admit is that Pasquinni know how to invent a 5 star intro. Rich Hard has released 3 songs so far. This song would fall inbetween the other two, of which I can only recall Pirates right now; which infact, is still my favourite of the 3. As we return to this new song; I have to say that the intro is really the only part I thoughroughly enjoy. The song doesn't really carry an agressive feel, but sounds really loud in the synth effect. For me it kinda contrasts with the more mellow vibe of the song that I get. The melody is fine and the synth riff is catchy, but didn't need to be set so loud. I get this comic image of Pasquinni pounding the synth keys in a Beathoven fasion everyTIME the riff comes around. His long locks flopping up and down. I can almost picture Rich Hard in the backround with a surprise look on his face almost as if wondering if he sould start singing louder to balance out the "heavy" vibe of the song. A nice song that for me contrasts itself too much in volume settings, therefore not as an enjoyable listen as was that previous song.
7+/10

14. No More Love- Cherry (DELTA)
here is a song that has really grown on me since it was first released. It nearly took a month before I debuted on my top 40 and now I cannot get enough of it. Granted that thier are a lot of exceptional Eurobeat songs out there, but I seem to enjoy more with each listen and could easily run a nice legnthy course on my list. What appeals to me so much about the song is the accapella intro which rally breaks away from the rehashed Capaldi styled intro of Turbo Disco. The riff itself is really catchy and gives the song a really upbeat almost soaring sound feel. Picture Wonder Woman during her famouse twirl as she levitates herself off the ground. That's the same feel I get as the chorus turns into the riff. That soaring kinda feel makes me enjoy the song on a whole other level. Clara's vocals are good as always. Not spectacular sounding, but with such a reviting melody backing her up. the only way the song can go is upward the charts. A very impressive showing from one of Eurobeat's premier voices.
9/10

15. Ding A Ling(Eurogrooves healing remix)- Jilly (Eurogrooves)
Still can't understand the high appeal for this Healing track at the end of the disc. makes no sence to end a high energy music cd on such a low note. Couldn't a jolt in musical style that sudden be concidered hazardous to our health?LOL! A few positive words to the man who will forever remain my favourit Eurobeat composer. Absolutely beautifull showing on the piano and strings. The melonchalic feel is more evident than ever and after a few listens actually fits the mood of the song. However the song's title does not. I much rather enjoyed 10 x more the Electro Pop version than the healing remix, but it does sound nice on earphones just before bed TIME.
7+/10

Though not my favourit cd out there; it does have some of my definate standouts for the 2011 Eurobeat year. At the same TIME it has two of the worst showings in Eurobeat history of any era. As we all know by now SEB 215 made a complete 360 degree turn in quality,so my final thought of hoping for a better cd next TIME has come tru 100 fold.

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 26 Jun 2011, 06:42

Just an update from me, The Frisbees song is definitely my favourite now. Some may not like the style it is in, but I think it is good for that style.
lover of melody

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Jun 2011, 07:18

starry
Just an update from me, The Frisbees song is definitely my favourite now. Some may not like the style it is in, but I think it is good for that style.
Totaly agree. It takes a while for the song to take off, but once it sets in, it becomes irrisitably fun. It also makes one of the highest jumps in my weekly Eurobeat countdown. Hope we hear more of the Frisbees in the future.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 04 Mar 2012, 07:04

Oh dear, I just found out tonight that Because of You is nothing more than another Adam Lambert ripoff, just like What D'you Want From Me. only this time with If I Had You. Aside from I Won't Fall Apart, I guess Jager isn't really the innovative juggernaut that I thought he was. Shame. :(

(Pardon me for not really following most mainstream pop, but I hadn't heard Mr. Lambert's song until now, well after being impressed by Jager's reincarnation of the track.)