Interview with Davide di Marcantonio in SEB219 booklet

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Interview with Davide di Marcantonio in SEB219 booklet

Post by DarkSky » 08 Oct 2011, 17:30

Hey people!
As you may know there's an interview with Davide di Marcantonio (known as: David Dima) in the booklet of SEB219. Here you will find the English version of the interview ;-)

1) D.O.B., birthplace, real name, blood type

Name : Davide di Marcantonio
D.O.B 06-16-1969
birthplace : Mantova, Italy
Blood Type : cold

2) Was there any musicians in your family? If so, how were you inspired by them?

Yes! My father is a musician, he his a guitarist and singer and I was inspired by him. My house had always been full of musical instruments so when I was a child I liked to play everything that produced a sound.

3) What kind of music and/or artists did you like in your childhood before you began working in music business?

When I was child I listened every kind of music. from pop, rock, metal, to Disco '70 - '80s style.
But the band that I listened the most to was THE BEATLES.

4) What kind of music or music business were you involved prior to Eurobeat?

I've studied for 8 years Classical music on Piano and then classic jazz on a Hammond organ.
My first concert with local bands was when I was 14 years old.

5) What brought you to join VIBRATION? When, where, and how did you meet L.Stanga?
Were you involved with Eurobeat before you joined VIBRATION?

I started to make eurobeat with Gino Caria in 1993. He has been a great teacher for me and I consider him as "THE VOICE of Eurobeat" , we worked together for Time Records. We have made some beautiful songs together! After this period, in parallel with productions Dima Music / EMI ,I composed a song for Vibration. Hey Hey Baby Cry (Its the first eurobeat song sung by me). In fact the name of the artist DEE DEE is my nickname (DD). So, In that period I worked with Time and also Vibration. Later I have continued to work with Vibration for many years.
Nothing to add !

6) Who were you influenced by the most as a Eurobeat producer?

Trevor Horn, Alan Parson, George Martin

7) What do you think is most appealing about Eurobeat?

The rhythm, the sound impact, and obviously the melodies.

8 ) How & what brought you to establish DIMA MUSIC?

Dima Music was born in 1994,recording studios and productions.
I established it because I like to be independent.

9) "TSUNDERE NIGHT" is very unique and great tune! It's one of the favorites by the Parapara freaks! How was this track born and how did you produce this track?

Tsundere night is great track. But I have composed and produced it with the same passion that I put in every song I make. I have heard the word TSUNDERE from YUYA, a Japanese friend who ever visited me in the studio.

10) There are so many brilliant artists in DIMA MUSIC! Please introduce them & tell us about their significance! What do you pay attention the most when producing tracks for your artists?

Stephy (Stefania Martin), her voice is incredible! She has been a friend of mine since 1998 and she started singing Eurobeat because of me. She’s just fantastic, it’s always a pleasure to work with her. For more information about Stephy you could go to: http://stephy.dimamusic.net

David Dima, my artist name. Difficult say something. haha !

Mr. Moog (Claudio Magnani), he has sung many and many Eurobeat tracks for several labels, his voice is well known among the fans of Eurobeat!

Mistika, she’s a new Dima Music artists and will be the surprise of the year!

A special thanks to my other artists... Aleky, Destinee, Dream Fighters, nine9nine and many others.....

I would also like to thank my collaborators: Sjoerd Vermaak, Alessandro Gilardi, Mario Lino Rossi, and of course all the staff of the Dima Music studio in Italy.

11) What kind of person is NUANCHAN CHANTHAWONGSA? Could you tell us about her?

Nuanchan (nickname: Toy) is my wife. We are together the executive producers of Dima Music.

12) You have done remixes for Avex artist AYUMI HAMASAKI and made Eurobeat cover tracks of other label's (like EMI) artists in Japan. How do you feel about Japanese music? What was your first Japanese music you ever heard?

I like the stlye, the melodies, the sound of the Japanse language. The first Japanese music that I heard is a theme of a cartoon named Grendizer (Goldrake in italian)

13) Do you think your Eurobeat productions have an effect in Thailand music scene?

Honestly I have never thought about this. Every style of music can be successful if it is well promoted though!

14) Your productions have very unique synth and drum sounds - what are the secrets of these sounds?

I like to make experiments in every songs. I use vintage, virtual synths and custom equipments. Everyone has got their own secret!

15) What are your future plans for DIMA MUSIC?

Making great music!

16) Do you have other hobbies beside music?

My biggest hobby is the music! hobby and job are joint. It's just simply amazing! I have other interests like collecting vintage synthesizers and travelling. I also really like sport cars.

17) Message to the Eurobeat fans in Japan!

I would like to thank everybody who keeps supporting the Eurobeat genre as it is one of the most unique music genres that currently exist! The versatility of the genre is incredible and we should do everything we can to preserve that! Thanks to everybody who has been a fan of my music throughout the years, there’s still a lot of more music to come.

Davide Di Marcantonio
Last edited by DarkSky on 09 Oct 2011, 15:39, edited 4 times in total.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Interview with Davide di Marcantonio in SEB219 booklet

Post by thejti » 08 Oct 2011, 18:42

DarkSky wrote:13) Do you think your Eurobeat productions have an effect in Thailand music scene?
Honestly I have never thought about this. Every style of music can be successful if it is well promoted though!
Most important thing he said.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Oct 2011, 01:04

Great job Darksky and great interview.

You can only guess that I love the part where he calls Gino Caria "The Voice Of Eurobeat" He even try to sound a bit like him when he took over the aliases at TIME.

The thing about the Beatles surprised me and the fact that we are same age 8)

Jay
God of Romance

Re: Interview with Davide di Marcantonio in SEB219 booklet

Post by Jay » 09 Oct 2011, 01:38

DarkSky wrote:13) Do you think your Eurobeat productions have an effect in Thailand music scene?
Honestly I have never thought about this. Every style of music can be successful if it is well promoted though.
Is it just me or did anybody else interpret that as a little jab at Avex? Haha.

coco*tapioka
Euro To B

Post by coco*tapioka » 09 Oct 2011, 01:43

Most likely it was. :P

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 09 Oct 2011, 02:24

Very interesting. :)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Oct 2011, 06:20

Very interresting!
12) You have done remixes for Avex artist AYUMI HAMASAKI and made Eurobeat cover tracks of other label's (like EMI) artists in Japan. How do you feel about Japanese music? What was your first Japanese music you ever heard?
I like the stlye, the melodies, the sound of the Japanse language. The first Japanese music that I heard is
Is what?!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 09 Oct 2011, 14:26

Lebon14 wrote:Very interresting!
I like the stlye, the melodies, the sound of the Japanse language. The first Japanese music that I heard is
Is what?!
I'm sorry, the version I posted here was incomplete. It's edited now :-)

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 09 Oct 2011, 15:27

Thanks very much for putting this up Sjoerd. =)

Karina1003
Euro To B

Post by Karina1003 » 12 Jun 2012, 04:17

Cool interview! :grin: