Trying Something New!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Trying Something New!

Post by Shinraikan » 20 Feb 2012, 12:14

So what are those unique little things in eurobeat you don't hear quite often that you want to hear more of, or hear a producer do? I'm talking the sweet saxophone solo in Pamsy's "My Sweet Forever" or the according-or-whatever the hell it is riff in Mad Cow & The Nevskij Avenue Girls - Matrioska Niet Katiuska. I would personally love to hear some more unique things like this in future eurobeat. Hey, even the producer/singer babble in the background of some tracks like Kevin Johnson's "Got To Be Your Lover" cover is pretty cool. :P

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2012, 23:09

Double riffs like in Wonderland's intro. 8-bit. The classical bit like in Dave Rodger's "Kingdom of Rock".

I think that a bit of latino sounds could be a great experiement with Eurobeat sounds. Especially the percussions & drums. I think it could just give something fresh and warm while still being exciting.

Vocal-wise, it reminds me of "Viva La Noche" with that guy "rapping" behind the actual vocals and the fact that he gets an actual rap too was refreshing.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Feb 2012, 23:34

More piano. I know that piano isn't the rarest thing in Eurobeat compositions, but the piano in My Sweet Forever by Pamsy (teamed with the epic sax) just made it such a gorgeous composition. Also, let's not forget that epic piano solo in that "Grand Mix" of Dave Rodgers track Space Boy with Mike Garson from SEB 193!

Apart from that, I'd just like the genre to continue evolving in the way that it has been doing - keeping the emphasis on strong melodies (especially the more experimental ones that Ken Blast has been pioneering) and big synth hooks!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 21 Feb 2012, 01:59

Definitely agree about "Viva La Noche"--Latin sounds haven't been fully explored (like Russian ones...) and would be nice to have more of it. I may be in the minority, but I really enjoyed the rapping sections of eurobeat (Make or Brake, Viva La Noche)...would be very interesting to see how other labels could manage this. It's a bridge to good old eurodance and hyper techno sounds.

Also, perhaps some darker sounding eurobeat like we have heard in "Right Now"--I've had some non-eurobeat fans enjoy that sound because it does mesh rock and eurobeat rather well.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Feb 2012, 03:48

the_ditz
More piano. I know that piano isn't the rarest thing in Eurobeat compositions, but the piano in My Sweet Forever by Pamsy (teamed with the epic sax) just made it such a gorgeous composition. Also, let's not forget that epic piano solo in that "Grand Mix" of Dave Rodgers track Space Boy with Mike Garson from SEB 193![/b]
Those two you mentioned are probobly not my best choices for examples, but as far as Piano beats are concerned; I think Dima does amazing intros with a lot of piano beats.

here is my 10 cents and I've noticed this in pop and in rock songs. Everyone notice that the songs middle break is making a BIG comback. Guitar solos are starting to resuface and dub step style is also introducing a sort of break in the songs, weather is be coupled with rapping or not, so my plea is...bring back the song's middle breakdown. much of the Eurobeat as of late was ommiting this important factor of what made an extended, extended to begin with, but now that are breaks being inserted in everyday pop songs, I think its the perfect TIME for Eurobeat to do th same.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 22 Feb 2012, 02:43

Real-instrument riffs, much like Hi-NRG Attack has dabbled in. Like, with real brass or pianos or some crazy instrument would really shake things up again.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Feb 2012, 07:06

zoupzuop2
Real-instrument riffs, much like Hi-NRG Attack has dabbled in. Like, with real brass or pianos or some crazy instrument would really shake things up again
great Idea!

I remember that really cool intro to Maid Attack with real sounding drums. Love it to this day.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

piano please!!!

Post by synthjunkie » 24 Feb 2012, 08:30

i agree with you guys, please bring back the piano sound into eurobeat! nothing else brings me back nostaligia of the 90's than those great italo piano house anthems, and the awesome eurobeat tracks from the 90's with the amazing piano riffs.

it seems to be making a come back in alot of new italian electronic music productions. for example, melodica records (owned by saifam records italy) has released a euro progressive house song titled mauri sergio & jerry ropero - love is beautiful (main mix), which has that wicked piano build up. (i know that is not eurobeat, but it's just awesome and i had to mention it).

i remember the great productions the great pasquini made on the underrated "house revolution" albums by avex from the 90s, produced on VOLUME records (parent label rodgers & contini records). i would love to see him mix up some piano sounds like he used to into his upcoming sunfire records songs...what a treat that would be!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 24 Feb 2012, 12:30

One of my favorite Eurobeat tracks is Ev'ry Night by Brian Ice. The guitar in the background really made that song and if you get a chance to listen to the extended version of the track, it has a synth solo which you don't hear in many Eurobeat songs.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Feb 2012, 04:00

synthjunkie
i agree with you guys, please bring back the piano sound into eurobeat! nothing else brings me back nostaligia of the 90's than those great italo piano house anthems, and the awesome eurobeat tracks from the 90's with the amazing piano riffs.
I wouldn't want Eurobeat to sound tooo housy, but I do recall a lot of songs that knew how to incorporate the piano into the slongs perfectly. Tommy K- Desperado, Pleasure & Pain- Higher and Stop & Go- Your Love all come to mind. BTW, all TIME studios prods

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 25 Feb 2012, 06:18

drnrg wrote:I wouldn't want Eurobeat to sound tooo housy, but I do recall a lot of songs that knew how to incorporate the piano into the slongs perfectly. Tommy K- Desperado, Pleasure & Pain- Higher and Stop & Go- Your Love all come to mind. BTW, all TIME studios prods
Agreed. I especially like the piano sound in Big Band - Turn Off The Light and Tommy K - Love In Chinatown.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 25 Feb 2012, 12:11

The first song that comes to mind when it comes to the piano sound is Ride The Lion by Nando
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 25 Feb 2012, 16:46

This is something tiny and dumb but I want to hear more kick drums that are similar to the one in Gunfire - Matt Land. A lot of eurobeat kicks are more "thump" while that kick is more "pop" and I absolutely love it. (it's probably from my love of psytrance, which tend to have more "pop" kicks)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Feb 2012, 04:14

Mindsweeper
This is something tiny and dumb but I want to hear more kick drums that are similar to the one in Gunfire - Matt Land. A lot of eurobeat kicks are more "thump" while that kick is more "pop" and I absolutely love it. (it's probably from my love of psytrance, which tend to have more "pop" kicks)
Good idea, but give more examples of other lables. I hardly recall that Matt Land song. has HRG or TIME or DELTA used that style?

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 26 Feb 2012, 08:08

drnrg wrote:Mindsweeper
Good idea, but give more examples of other lables. I hardly recall that Matt Land song. has HRG or TIME or DELTA used that style?
Ah, I'm sorry, I'm still not totally familiar with all the labels yet ^ ^;, but you can hear the kick in Gunfire here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DgynhKPKNk