Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 20 Feb 2012, 19:41

I wouldn't be surprised if no information even gets officially released by Avex and the series just stops all together. Maybe you'll find out through some of the labels' facebook pages and the like, but Avex seems to have a knack for just outright stopping with updating things.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 20 Feb 2012, 20:11

Gruzky wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if no information even gets officially released by Avex and the series just stops all together. Maybe you'll find out through some of the labels' facebook pages and the like, but Avex seems to have a knack for just outright stopping with updating things.
No, we're not going to stop. Contracts for 2012 have been signed by quite a few labels (I don't exactly know which did and which didn't). As far as I know Avex is just getting things ready. I have no information whatsoever about SEB221, what I actually do know is that they want to continue with SEB, but not only SEB but also albums such as the Hatsune Vocaloid thingey ;-). I think we'd better just wait till more information pops up.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Feb 2012, 03:56

best news yet!

I'm sad to see that we have so many faithless fans, but I never even concider the series would stop.

from your information, I gather Dima has signed new contract and that's already a plus for the new year. With new material also surfacing from HRG and whatever SCP said about continuing no matter what; I think we already have about 5 or so trax to look forward to.

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 21 Feb 2012, 12:10

Now the official website has some information about this. It clearly says release delayed not cancelled.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Feb 2012, 19:21

http://avexnet.or.jp/eurobeat/news/#120221_2

They are officially saying that SEB continues in other words :)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Feb 2012, 22:03

Appreciate them acknowledging the fans - makes us seem slightly more important to SEB's future. Now I'm going to be watching that CDJapan page like a hawk for a release date... ;)

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 22 Feb 2012, 05:31

Lebon14 wrote:http://avexnet.or.jp/eurobeat/news/#120221_2

but what exactly (and in full) does it say about 221..?
it is not translating in my pc for some reason..

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 22 Feb 2012, 05:49

Vadim wrote:

but what exactly (and in full) does it say about 221..?
it is not translating in my pc for some reason..
This is how Google translates it:
Google wrote:Notice of Release postponed SUPER EUROBEAT VOL.221

SUPER EUROBEAT VOL.221 but was expected to be released on February 1, 2012, I was allowed to postpone the release due to circumstances.
How is the release date once it is determined, we will let us know.
To everyone of customers who wait, but we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, as the continued your understanding, thank you.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 22 Feb 2012, 08:04

Told ya...

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 22 Feb 2012, 19:45

The fire of Eurobeat will burn forever.
I'm so relieved, best news ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Feb 2012, 22:47

Guys don't lose hope. there will always be those who are quick to jump to undesireable conclusions, but I always remain positve. This acxtually makes me anticipate the new Eurobeat even more.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 01 Mar 2012, 11:32

drnrg wrote:Guys don't lose hope. there will always be those who are quick to jump to undesireable conclusions, but I always remain positve. This acxtually makes me anticipate the new Eurobeat even more.
well said, kinda like when there was delays i think on 201 and people were jumping to the conclusion that SEB was finishing...

i just keep thinking to my self, its just a break in the series like when euromach came out...

and i think Darksky has been pretty upto date and acurate with most things SEB release related so what ever they type i believe, so that said cant wait for more eurobeat!! but for now i will listen to Aqua's new album....

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 Mar 2012, 08:36

So nearly two weeks have passed since this announcement and no new information has been released. No need to worry, right?

What I really love is how Avex refuses to disclose the "circumstances" behind the delay. That's another slap in the face to the fans who want to know what's been going on. Seriously, I've grown so tired with the way Avex have treated us over the past several years that I'm almost ready to call it quits on SEB and the genre all together.

The delay confirmed for me that eurobeat's future is uncertain, and I finally realised that the thousands of dollars I've invested into my collection is making absolutely no difference to the longevity of the genre. That was the sole motivator behind me purchasing SEB albums in the first place (as opposed to pirating them), as I know small genres like eurobeat need all the financial support they can get. If eurobeat's future is so bleak, why should I continue pumping more money into it?

The damage has been done. Avex should just make their bed and lie in it already.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Mar 2012, 10:13

I personally couldn't care less if AVEX makes money or not. I collect cds, vinyls, mp3s, ect... for a more selfish reason. Because I love the music and I want the songs to listen to them whenever I want.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 02 Mar 2012, 16:58

Eurobeat is really the most advanced...and contemporary stuff looks just so primitive compared to it...commercial contemporary fast food music is just so empty and discardable..

Eurobeat is really only a style, but genre is a lot bigger. Genre itself offers a wealth of other styles like Italo, Eurodisco, HI NRG, Space Synth in addition to eurobeat...

I always say : listen to eurobeat and whatever other music you like in the same time. We need all the eurobeat fans we can get...and bad times just demand more faith and devotion from the fans.

You have a right to your eurobeat, demand it. Stopping your support for the genre achieves nothing...but staying true to it in hard times + actually *fighting* for it by concrete support for SEB and other italian releases does..
Last edited by Vadim on 04 Mar 2012, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.