What cd is this?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

What cd is this?

Post by Bonkers » 17 Nov 2012, 02:54

Is this a rip of a non-stop cd, or just a collection of tracks off the "That's Eurobeat" series?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZ-Sa9X ... re=related

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Nov 2012, 05:44

I can almost bet that's some Japanese fan-made mix taking these three clues into account.

1. I couldn't find that trackist anywhere on the E.p. database
2. Inbetween all that Asian writing is the word "select"
3. The second track; "Eat You Up"- Angie Gold ;all the sudden ,for no apparant reason, turns into Japanese singing at one point. That sounded horrendouz and I seriously doubt the actual series would ever do that?

The mixes aren't bad, but amauture. He/she mixes them in wherever and the actual transaition goes by too quickly. Sounds like he/she is afraid that they will lose the bpms? ex: That SAW classic from Hazell Dean, right after Dance Your Love Away, could have been mixed so much better. Not even the fact that both songs carry the same melody helped much :???: Don't even get me started on the Divine/Paul Lekakis transition. Epic Fail! I don't think the actual "That'¿s Eurobeat non-stops" sounded that bad? Or did they?

All I can say, I'm proud to say that I got all those vinyls(except "So Macho" :( )(Still looking) in my collection. Still it was nice to hear em on a Friday night.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 17 Nov 2012, 17:09

The user mixed the songs according to the video description.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Nov 2012, 07:44

Tiger
The user mixed the songs according to the video description
Most of those songs have more or less the same melody and bpms. It doesn't excuse him/her from doing such a botched up job. Should have a little more pride and patients when mixing those classics.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 18 Nov 2012, 08:24

drnrg wrote:Tiger
The user mixed the songs according to the video description
Most of those songs have more or less the same melody and bpms. It doesn't excuse him/her from doing such a botched up job. Should have a little more pride and patients when mixing those classics.
Hmm not sure where you get the badly done job. I quite enjoyed the mix and the metamorphosis of different versions of specific songs (such as Eat You Up) sounded really nice.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Nov 2012, 05:57

Bore
Hmm not sure where you get the badly done job. I quite enjoyed the mix and the metamorphosis of different versions of specific songs (such as Eat You Up) sounded really nice.
The songs and variations of songs were great. They even had some really good ideas about what songs to work with, but the mixes(transitions); themselves, sounded very amateurish.

You had to have been a DJ during those old school TIMES to really witness some incredible transitions when mixing those classics. I have dozens of tapes mixed by Persuasion, Niteline, JDC mixes ect... It was all about the illusion of all songs being connected with eachother melody-wise and Timeing was everything. :wink: