My Little Pony and Eurobeat...

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

My Little Pony and Eurobeat...

Post by Bonkers » 02 Jan 2013, 18:45

...how?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Jan 2013, 19:48

That'd be me, actually.

What would you like to know about it?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 Jan 2013, 23:56

Some guy made a rude comment about it on youtube, so I thought someone on here would know about it. That's it.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 02 Jan 2013, 23:59

Zuopzuop2 made those tracks

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 03 Jan 2013, 01:09

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 03 Jan 2013, 01:28

While I do not understand the Brony fandom, I totally respect the music being created for it. I have had Discord playing on loop for a few days now. I guess some hardcore euro fans may be disappointed with the Brony association. They are euro purists, if I may call them that, but it still expands the popularity of the genre. Touhou Euro has helped out too.

My only worry is that people will only see MLP Euro as the only aspect of eurobeat; I would rather see it as a gateway into the genre....I applaud the indie artists for attracting new fans. So huzzah to Zoup, eXtaticus, DiskoWarp, etc. for their work in the genre!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 03 Jan 2013, 01:59

Heck, 80s & 90s cartoons have been associated with Happy/UK Hardcore for years here in the States, so it's really nothing different to me. I was just wondering how eurobeat became associated with MLP. Thank you for the explanation.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 03 Jan 2013, 06:32

WHOA there, Ex! Those are okay motivations for making MLP Eurobeat, but I don't think anyone was making a direct judgement!

Perhaps a simpler explanation could have been, in my case, "I remix what I like, and I found out that I actually rather enjoy the show. So I made remixes from the show."

So... yeah. I still do originals, too, and I do my absolute damnedest to point people towards SEB, legal purchases and other examples of the style, but some of my music is about technicolor equines.

Nothin' complicated to it.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 03 Jan 2013, 18:40

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 03 Jan 2013, 19:23

eXtaticus wrote: I see that kind of thing on places like YouTube all the time, though, and it really bothers me; as one example of many, check out the top comment on this video. It saddens me to see that sort of thing - and the fact that it's the top comment on that particular video just makes it worse.

There's clearly a lot of undeserved brony hate in the eurobeat community.
I'd hesitate to say that a few comments like that reflect the entire community... and, if they have some beef with Super Ponybeat... let 'em. They're individuals who dislike it, against a VERY large group who do like it. I'd say the Eurobeat Community in whole has been QUITE supportive of MLP-related Eurobeat, with a few standouts/exceptions.

And, I still think Eurobeat is a genre worth getting passionate about, we just have to be careful about whom may be giving us trouble or with whom we're directly disagreeing at the time. I've had a few struggles like that, m'self.
Join me on an Odyssey.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Jan 2013, 21:35

I don't listen to pony-related Eurobeat music but I don't hate people that writes/remixes songs from the show. Heck, if somebody would remix a rap song into Eurobeat, I'd say "go ahead" because Eurobeat isn't only linked to Italy, Initial D, anime and Touhou. Heck, Shinraikan did remixes of popular pop songs such Bad Romance (Lady Gaga) and Behind These Hazel Eyes (Kelly Clarkson). Eurobeat is a genre of music that isn't linked to anything. It's just that people associate it to the aforementioned things.

Personally, I respect bronies even if I don't watch the show. They like the cartoon and they have the right to.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

kangawallapossibat
Bad Bad Bad

Post by kangawallapossibat » 11 Jan 2013, 22:30

I dont see anything wrong with matching music to TV shows and or other things such as video gaming.

I used to think (back in early 2000) eurobeat was only on parapara paradise arcade machines, and initial D Arcade (Iworked at an arcade for 2 years), I lways thought "one Night In Arabia" didnt actually fit with initial D but hey. :P

I am thankful that I found a way through to eurobeat through a video game because I would not have found so many fantastic songs that I still listen to, to this day....except dave rodgers "100" mainly because it was the most selected song on ParaPara Paradise 2...and the machine was about 3 meters from out counter!

eXtaticus I think your music is pretty damn good BTW even if I am not a brony (or maybe I am secretly, I do own a rainbow dash mcdonalds happy meal keychain) :grin: :grin:

Blinded No More
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Blinded No More » 13 Jan 2013, 18:27

I have downloaded Travis's Super Ponybeat albums and although I'm not a brony *YET* I definitely enjoyed them, especially Discord, This Day Aria, and The Flim Flam Brothers.

[rant]
I kind of get why bronies get so much hate (after all it is a massive periphery demographic that could raise some eyebrows), but at the same time I can't be one to hate them: if I ever had negative emotions/sexuality concerns about someone just because that someone watches a cartoon, I should seriously get my head checked.
[/rant]

Echoing Lebon14, eurobeat is not linked to Initial D/street racing or Touhou or ponies or anything, it can be applied to pretty much anything.

And for those who think MLP is too frilly or girly, take a gander at this: Rainbow Dash is a black-belt in karate, can control the weather, create tornadoes on a whim, exceed Mach 10 speeds, and produce a "Sonic Rainboom" that can shatter mountains. Not who I'd want to run into in a dark alley for sure.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 02 Feb 2013, 17:15

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 26 Feb 2013, 21:21

-redacted-