The Edge of Glory (eurobeat remix)

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
Akira
Eurobeat Fan

The Edge of Glory (eurobeat remix)

Post by Akira » 27 Jan 2013, 13:06

Hi guys!

After a looong time without making any eurobeat, I'm back on track with a new remix. This time it's "the Edge of Glory", by Lady GaGa.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gz16n9xz1t7rpcr

Please, let me know what you think: good things and bad things about this remix. I want to know what I'm doing bad in order to keep improving.

Thank you!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 27 Jan 2013, 21:40

Hey man,

Here are some quick comments after listening to this.

Overall I was pretty impressed with this remix. The synth that you used for the main hook sounds familiar (but I think it's maybe more from an old Spanish Eurodance CD I have rather than Eurobeat). Still it works here fine. The tom-tom sounds you used sound a little hollow and mechanical - that might have been the sound that you were going for, but I'd have liked to hear them with a little more reverb. Also, try using some more hats to fill out the upper treble ranges a little more - there seems to be a lot going on in the lower bass ranges of the track for my ear but not as much in the higher ranges.

I really liked the guitar breakdown that you inserted, and overall the structure is fantastic - a perfect Eurobeat structure. If you can fill out the production with a few more arps or string layers, then I think things will sound more complete. Overall though, this is a very accomplished remix and I will be popping it on my iPod straight away ;)

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 28 Jan 2013, 08:39

Thanks!

Yeah, I will try adding more reverb to the percussion and using more layers in the next production. It's hard, though, 'cause I don't want it to sound "empty", but I don't want it to sound too heavy, too crammed with sounds. And it's really hard (at least for me) to find the middle point in eurobeat!