Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Feb 2013, 17:53

#Infinity wrote:By the way, sorry for the double-post, but after lowering the pitch of Kiss, I'm 100% sure Bamboo Bimboo is Christian Codenotti.
Yeah, I totally agree with this now. I took it down to 93% rate in Goldwave, and suddenly it's Ace singing! I actually like the track even more at that speed to be honest ;)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Feb 2013, 06:02

#Infinity wrote:By the way, sorry for the double-post, but after lowering the pitch of Kiss, I'm 100% sure Bamboo Bimboo is Christian Codenotti.
Now, what did I tell you guys? I didn't even need to pitch down the track to know that it was Christian Codenotti!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 06 Feb 2013, 13:06

MKwiakaku wrote:Haha really? XD

Let's confront SCP with this. ;)
I've already asked them and they're not admitting to anything at all lol... They won't even say if its a man or woman
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 06 Feb 2013, 17:32

I posted something on Codenotti's wall, and Evelina liked the message. Said enough for me. ;)

J.Bravest
Euro To B

Post by J.Bravest » 07 Feb 2013, 12:46

http://avexnet.or.jp/eurobeat/news/

<重要なお知らせ>
1月23日にリリースされた「SUPER EUROBEAT VOL. 221」(AVCD-10221))の11曲目「WILD BOYS / RICH HARD」に関して、レーベルサイドの意図するバージョンと異なるバージョンが収録されました。
これにつきましては本来収録するはずだったオリジナルバージョンを3月20日発売「SUPER EUROBEAT VOL.222」(AVCD-10221))のSEB222のボーナストラックとして収録することに致しました。
ファンの皆様に対して混乱を与えてしまったことを深くお詫び致します。今後とも引き続きSEBシリーズを応援のほどよろしくお願い致します。

<important>
The version which a label side means, and a different version were recorded about the 11th music "WILD BOYS /RICH HARD" of "SUPER EUROBEAT VOL. 221" (AVCD-10221) released on January 23.
About this, I did the original version which must originally have been recorded to recording as a bonus track of SEB222 of sale "SUPER EUROBEAT VOL.222" (AVCD-10221) on March 20.
I apologize for having given confusion to you, fans, deeply.
Please give me aid for SEB series succeedingly in the future.

Excite translation
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Feb 2013, 13:47

^ There's two versions of the song but the wrong one was chosen on SEB221?! And it was supposed to be on SEB222 as a bonus track and the future bonus track was supposed to be in SEB221...? Did I understand this well...?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Feb 2013, 09:13

Responsibilty has invaded my life and so I'm barely logging on to post part three of my review. If anything , it shows hoe the Rich Hard song has really grown on me and why. It's really amazing Production and those of you who dissmissed it early on, should maybe give it another try listening with emphasis on the music. I recommend some V-Moda headphones in the dark to fully appreciate the mastery of Pasquinni's work. It just might surprise you. 8)

Anyway; everyone has different tastes when it comes to Eurobeat. My two favorite tracks happen to be bottom of the barall in some cases, but I stick to my guns.

9. Powerful T. – Kelly (ABeatC)
The first thing I noticed upon hearing this song was the intro. Not that it’s a great intro, but rather that it had that feel from AbeatC songs from the 170’s era. Not only that, but it also sounded like it came from the Euro Energy series; which in fact, is a series of compliations containing AbeatC songs released under a different label. The song itself is all right. It has a very nice Synth riff with an uplifting spirit almost reminding me of Brian Ice songs gone by. The strangest aspect about this song is that it doesn’t sound anything like the Powerful T. we know. I know it’s good to hear different sides to our beloved vocalists, but this one sounds rather to aishu for Powerful T. I’m guessing Dave wrote it for himself and decided that it was too pretty sounding for him, so he presented it to Powerful T. Not much more to say about this song. Even the intro pretty much goes by unnoticed. Nice vocals and nice melody. In a Nutshell; it’s nice, but I doubt this is anyone’s favorite on the cd? I; myself, find that I’m skipping it; more often, than I normally would a Powerful T. song. Hopefully He will put out more songs like “Louder & Faster” in the future.
-7/10

10.Scream Team – Wacky -Wacky O (SCP)
Next; is a song that I originally didn’t care for? It’s the latest offering from the notorious Scream Team. I remember going nuts over “Boom Boom Scream”. Especially the mega Extended version, so I thought this new song of theirs has really big shoes to fit? Well I have to say; that I am pleasantly amused by all the Wacky Wacky this song has to offer. First off; it’s not at all childish. That’s a big plus. It also features some classic Opera melody; as well as, Opera –like vocals. That’s probably what I love most about the song? That it breaks away from the norm. SCP has released countless of songs in this style; but most do have an annoying childish vibe to it. Not this one. Even the sung vocals, sound a bit more on the happy side; instead of childish. SCP also spares us from the ever tiring shout outs and instead gives us an intro very fitting for a group that calls themselves Scream Team. The fact; that it speaks about ghosts, while carrying out Opera style melodies makes me laugh every TIME. I think; how much more cool it could have been if the song was about the actual Phantom of the Opera? They could have used that POTO classic melody and still keep it a bit Wacky. Never the less; it’s still a great entry from Scream Team. Hopefully SCP reads my review and makes that Phantom of the Opera Eurobeat song a reality.
8+/10

11.Rich Hard - Wild Boys(Sun Fire)
I have been a Rich Hard fan ever since he first came out with “Pirates”, so It doesn’t surprise me that I initially liked this preview, but what I didn’t count on is how much more I would fall prey to its charm each TIME I would hear it. This is one of those songs where you have to look beyond the vocals each notice every little effect and sound it has. It’s the little things that really stand out in this production. The intro is decent, but what caught my attention; is that, it repeats itself. It seems almost cut and paste, but it gives the song the right kind of edge to introduce its Synth Riff. That riff sounds perfect for a Dave Rodgers song; so it has all the power you would expect from a Sun Fire song. Another effect that caught my attention is how Pasquinni inserts those mini synth riffs between the verses. You also hear raw piano keys accompanying that galloping melody and throught the chorus. The chorus also has it share of charm with its use of robotic sounds used in the last “Wild Boys” line. Now, I’m one of those listeners that are out to especially catch all those effects subtly inserted in the song. The mini drum roll before the chorus, the Hard synth chords each time he sings “Wild Boys” and the way he breaks off course and says “Wow” ,”We Used To Play With Fire”. Next; we are treated to a very special Breakdown, which Pasquinni saved especially for Breakdown purpose. Remember how he repeated the first intro twice? He most likely did that to catch by surprise by the TIME the break came around? The second half of the break includes the original intro, but now sounds completely fresh….and if you blink; you will miss that wonderful little piano insertion right before the last chorus. By now, I have completely forgiven Rich Hard for his Auto Tuned vocals, because in the end; I feel he was really the one, who could pull it off, without overpowering the entire production. It’s really an amazing production and shows that Giancarlo Pasquinni still has a lot of musical genius to offer. This one definitely grew on me with each listen and as of now; has become, my favorite track off the cd; tied only with Cy-Ro’s track. Come to think of it “Wild Boys” is probably my favorite song from Sun Fire Label? That is; depending if, Fire Dragon is Sun Fire or AbeatC?
10+/10

12.Heather feat. Dima – Dance Eurobeat (Dima Music)
I always look forward to a Dima track on SEB. This song has a great feeling vibe. I wanna say that the intro was great, but I thought it was too short and sounding rushed. It’s weird; because I usually love Dima’s intros. Anyway, there have been exceptional songs that have short intros in the past. One of my all TIME favs .is “Crank It Up” Stop Limit Line, but somehow those classics don’t sound rushed in the intro and this one did. The riff is good. It definitely brings a smile to my face every TIME I hear it. I’m gonna guess that this is one of the fastest songs I’ve heard from Dima studios, since the SEB series entered the 200’s. Heather also sounds a bit faster than she did on “Beautiful Boy”. The funny thing is; that Dima sounds great singing the bridge right before the chorus and also when he accompanies her , so I don’t know if her vocals were hyped a bit while his were kept normal or is it was just the melody she had to sing that made her sound a bit hyped? I consider this song as a good vibe song, but not out there to conquer any hearts and I still feel that it has a much too rushed feel, because I find myself desperately replaying it to hear something really ear catching. I’d say the Good feel riff saves it from being filler, but maybe I’m just being generous?
7-/10

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 08 Feb 2013, 14:29

drnrg wrote:Heather also sounds a bit faster than she did on “Beautiful Boy”. The funny thing is; that Dima sounds great singing the bridge right before the chorus and also when he accompanies her , so I don’t know if her vocals were hyped a bit while his were kept normal or is it was just the melody she had to sing that made her sound a bit hyped?
7-/10
It's a different vocalist. I'm not sure if it's a new one or if she was previously featured in another song, but it's not Sara.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Feb 2013, 17:50

On SinclaireStyle's Facebook page, they have announced today that both Loving Eurobeat and Boys Gone Wild are available on "worldwide digi-stores" - the link is for iTunes, so I'm assuming they mean iTunes Worldwide, but this could mean that they have a special allowance to release their tracks individually outwith SEB now...

Interesting... :P

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 12 Feb 2013, 18:30

the_ditz wrote:On SinclaireStyle's Facebook page, they have announced today that both Loving Eurobeat and Boys Gone Wild are available on "worldwide digi-stores" - the link is for iTunes, so I'm assuming they mean iTunes Worldwide, but this could mean that they have a special allowance to release their tracks individually outwith SEB now...

It's a shame it came out so late. I already have the CD.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 12 Feb 2013, 19:54

the_ditz wrote:On SinclaireStyle's Facebook page, they have announced today that both Loving Eurobeat and Boys Gone Wild are available on "worldwide digi-stores" - the link is for iTunes, so I'm assuming they mean iTunes Worldwide, but this could mean that they have a special allowance to release their tracks individually outwith SEB now...

This includes the US store, by the way.
ImageImage

hollypolly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by hollypolly » 13 Feb 2013, 07:56

#Infinity wrote:

This includes the US store, by the way.
let's wait for future releases then :o

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 13 Feb 2013, 12:37

It's not a special allowance, they can release their music anywhere except in Japan :-) Same rule applies for most of the other labels, if not... all of them.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 20 Feb 2013, 00:24

Check out the poll area to vote for the best track!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 20 Feb 2013, 19:07

para_rigby wrote:Check out the poll area to vote for the best track!
Where?