Super Eurobeat 223

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 18 May 2013, 18:59

After hearing the whole album, my fav song by far is Dave Rodgers' "Into the Sunlight." Absolutely awesome song, maybe even better than his last one which I did also enjoy very much.

Next, I would have to say is "Tearful Eyes" by Les. I can't wait to hear more from this upcoming artist in future productions.

And since I love comparing song samples as part of my hobby, and have a huge database on songs that sample each other,
I couldn't help but noticed that the first verse of Stephy Martin's song, "Flying Free," uses a bit of the first verse's lyrical melody of an older Italo-dance tune called "Go on" by J.K.

I think there is a deliberate connection because this Italo-dance artist named J.K. is produced by Larry Pignagnoli who also produced legendary Italo-disco artist Spagna, as well as Italo-dance artist Whigfield (whom we all know is sung by Annerley Gordon, of Eurobeat fame).

Here is a sample on youtube. Listen to JK's song from inwards 29 seconds until 39 seconds, and compare it to Stephy's melody in how she sings "Flying Free" from inwards at 39 seconds until 49 seconds.

J.K. - Go On
X-Energy Records Italy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJU4uDUuV98

A second minor sample used in the opening piano in the backround for just a few seconds on Stephy Martin's song uses the piano from yet another old Italo-dance track called "I won't Change your Mind" by artist Newmill (sung by Sandy Chambers, who has also worked in her career with the same producers as Annerely Gordon has).

Compare "I won't change your mind" from inwards from the first 18 seconds of the song, and compare this piano melody to the shortened piano on Stephy Martin's "Flying Free" inwards from 2 seconds into the song until 20 seconds into the song.

Here is the link for those who would like to compare:

Newmill - I won't change your mind
New Music International Italy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmbO88g7a5A

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 19 May 2013, 02:30

i think belight is fastway pitched up :!:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 19 May 2013, 18:08

A review according to my personal taste.

1. INTO THE SUNRISE / DAVE RODGERS
10/10
Awesome!

2. TONIGHT IN PARADSE / BELIGHT
3/10
I dislike those fluffy happy childish songs

3. HEART'S ON FIRE / DAVID DIMA
8/10
Very powerful

4. WALKING ALONE IN LONDON / MEGAN
6/10
Nothing special

5. CRAZY LITTLE LOVE / NUAGE
9/10
She's back!

6. MAGIC CAR / POWERFUL T.
7/10
Nothing special, powerful though

7. MISS YOU / MICKEY B.
4/10
Annoying chorus. Especially the pronunciation of miss. (MUSSSSS)

8. MAKE ME WONDER / LILLY
5/10
Sorry, no. I don't like it.

9. BLUE / RICH HARD
5/10
Nothing special

10. FLYING FREE / STEPHY MARTIN
4/10
Lyrics are too difficult for Stephy, not suitable lyrics for Eurobeat, no open sound of the words

11. AMAZING LOVE / BABY GOLD
3/10
Nope

12. RINGTONE / BORIS
3/10
Nowadays I can barely distinguish Delta songs

13. OVERJOY / LESLIE PARRISH
5/10
Same as above

14. TEARFUL EYES / LES
8/10
Very good Sinclaire. You done really well!

15. WELCOME TO THE SHOW / TANITH & DARK EVIL
4/10
Hyper Techno meets Eurobeat. No thanks.

-----------------------------------

1. INTO THE SUNRISE / DAVE RODGERS
3. HEART'S ON FIRE / DAVID DIMA
5. CRAZY LITTLE LOVE / NUAGE
14. TEARFUL EYES / LES

Kinda disappointed by the rest.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 20 May 2013, 08:40

1. "Into The Sunrise" is not quite the song I expected from Dave Rodgers alias as a comeback track, but still very Pasquini nonetheless. This track is a mental continuation of his upbeat dance themed tracks during the A-Beat-C days instead of his edgier materials. It is a very slickly produced track, the chorus especially driven and energetic, not to mention the usual faire of epic intro and breakdown. Yet, the bridge sounds the least inspired of the entire song - some sort like "we-need-a-bridge-and-I-have-a-mental-block-but-let’s-do-something-anyways" - it's a trivia gripe but it works, somehow. That aside, this is a stellar track and while time will tell whether or not this will outshine "1 Fire", this is one track that is bound to make my top ten of the year.
5/5

2. "Tonight In Paradise" is neither a good nor bad track but it's overly cheery and childish style makes it a real chore for someone like me who is not on the same frequency to appreciate. Simply put, this track is what I'd deem a filler track on all levels. I can see how this track would appeal to a certain group of eurobeaters but I would personally prefer passing on this track and grading it entirely.
-/5

3. "Heart's On Fire" may be the kind of classic Dima track that has been done over and over again by Davide, but he's actually a one trick pony that I don't mind hearing a lot, especially when it is so energetic and masculine like this. It might not have the epic feel that "Sunrise" epitomised but it has a lot of key ingredients for a solid track - great intro and break, memorable and energetic riff, a dash of guitars, great vocals, upbeat, catchy and also slightly cocky probably due in part to the lyrics. Looks like I won't be getting sick of his style anytime soon.
4.5/5

4. "Walking Alone In London" is yet another Sinclaire female track that has an absolutely beautiful melody and instrumentation and some fairly good ideas being thrown around the place. However, Sinclaire's choice of synth just doesn't jibe with me, at least, not on his female tracks. Not being too proficient at describing details. I'll just borrow a word that someone mentioned on here, that the "shrill" production is just well ... meh.
2.5/5

5. "Crazy Little Love" is yet another track that showcases just how much Dave JR has improved musically. He even took after his dad's seemingly innate ability to create intros that will grab you tightly right from the very second you hear something they produced. Denise is especially endearing to listen to once again, but the song wasn't as perfect as I thought it would be. With the happy and cheerful mood, the synth riff being so groovy and the bridge sounding so angelic like. The chorus though, is where I feel like I am listening to a totally different song altogether, it just fails to capture the dreamy sound that this song exudes on the whole, especially when it's just right after that bridge. In the grand scheme of things though, I still enjoyed this track quite a bit mainly because of Denise and the riff.
4/5

6. "Magic Car" is a WAYYY weaker track than "Louder & Faster", mainly due to a WAYYY less catchy hook and the absence of elements which made Tiranti's tracks, his tracks. Nonetheless, it's a fairly okay track anyways mainly because I actually liked the synth riff, even if it didn't quite jibe well with that bombastic intro and the vocal parts in general. The absence of a guitar solo also killed the track a little for me, trivial as it may be to most people, I consider them an integral part of any Sun Fire song of this style's weightage, and this track had plenty of oppurtunities for one to happen but instead, all I heard was a fairly sub-par break that might work on a Rich Hard song but not for a track like this that's heavily reliant on delivering power and energy more than anything else. Like I said, an okay song, but it could really use a lot more meat around the bones.
3.5/5

7. "Miss You" is not one of those "I-am-here-to-impress" Michaela track, rather it's one of those "I-don't-want=fans-to-forget-I-exist-so-I'll-just-sing-something-anything" tracks - Her "newest" track also happens to be her most unremarkable thus far. The vocal parts sound like it should have been produced as a more balladish material instead of being given the fast, pulsating beats in the background. None of the song was also remotely exciting to listen to, and I can't help but feel that Michaela might just pass out from boredom. The entire song runs just more or less the same save for the okay intro. Actually , I think I'll be the one to pass out from boredom instead.
1.5/5

8. "Make Me Wonder" sometimes make me wonder if LMS are saving their five star tracks for the girls and giving fillers to Festari. This is not the filler Hi-NRG track I was expecting, instead it is actually something new that smells like effort being put in. While not exactly "Jungle Of Fire", it does carry a hint of epicness in it's chorus which is definitely the highlight of the track. Vocals aren't too bad either. Not a favourite but a good try nonetheless.
3/5

9. "Blue" is awesome. However, the eccentric production of this track also means it won't gel well with a select group of people - in essence, they are just going to think that this song is really weird and no matter how talented the working team is, they simply cannot ignore the craziness that this track exudes. Right after the intro, we are treated to a synth riff that glide it's pitch quicker than Usain Bolt goes through the 400m and it doesn't end there either, every part of the song is not without some seemingly random but actually ingeniously placed chords/effects somewhere in the mix, most evident in the third verse leading into that dreamy sounding break so the song never actually has a chance to become boring. Personal opinion : There is nothing in eurobeat like this right now, and "Blue" is hardly what I'd consider a "balanced" eurobeat track but that's what makes Richard's tracks a joy to listen to. Possibly the best Rich Hard track so far.
5/5

10. "Flying Free" is again, another slower and supposedly, more epic tune from Stefania. It's a better song than "Power Of Love" only because of a better sounding verse, a somewhat more appealing soundscape and of course, beautiful Stefania's beautiful vocals. I wouldn't mind vocalists switching up their game once in a while - ala "I Belong To You", that was an awesome tune - but by now, I am beginning to have a strong aversion towards her poppy songs like this, because it's been too long - 3 to 4 years I believe - and there's hardly any tracks that continues "Speed Demon" or "Fever Of Love" musically. This song could potentially be an up-tempo ballad instead of a slow(er) dance number, I am not all too impressed.
2.5/5

11. "Amazing Love" is a track that is just asking to be ignored on hearing the intro - the YAH-YEE-YAH-YEE in the background and the 2nd chorus was downright annoying. Fortunately, it has a rather epic sounding vocal melody. Probably the only saving grace in an otherwise, grating song.
1/5

12. "Ringtone" is somewhat of a push and pull yet again. If this track weren't produced "the Delta way", I could see it being a smash hit on this album. Not disliking Delta, but I just feel that their choice of sound sometimes make a punchy track not so punchy. In this case, we got a masculine vocalist who could carries the macho aura so well he might as well just be a russian singing the vocal parts very well, but the riff just doesn't carry the same macho attitude well enough and could really use a bit more oomph in the beat and being the "hook" of the song, that just does not cut it. Minor gripes aside, I find this track to be the most sing-along friendly of the bunch, and it's hard not to go along with it
everytime this track starts - can anyone honestly say that the chorus doesn't automatically get their mouths going Rrr-rrringtone? - so it definitely speaks of this track's merit somewhat.
3.5/5

13. "Overjoy" is certainly not impressive. Call me emo, but songs with such an upbeat and overly cheery tone to them rarely grab my attention unless they had a killer hook or just something really good. The last track of this style from Delta that I really liked was "Summer Boy, Summer Girl". I don't find any parts of the song particularly exciting either, it just keeps giving me mental images of Belight's song, albeit with a lot more meat around the bones and a much better sounding and mature vocalist - Clara ftw by the way.
2.5/5

14. "Tearful Eyes" is a track I was tempted to write off as yet another "WAIL", until that monstrous riff hit me that is, and that's when it is quite clear as day that this definitely isn't in the same flock as that other Sinclaire track. The best part about this track is the strong, powerful, slightly melancholic and energetic beat - it's a lot more than I can say for just about every Grana sung track on the label, assuming this isn't sung by her as well, I can't tell honestly. The vocal parts of the song are unforgettable, I usually don't make an effort to remember the words or melody, so for me to be able to go "In the morning, in the mirror ... ... TEARFUL EYES!, SO COLD!, BUT I KNOW IT'S THE PRICE OF LOVE!", that's gotta be pretty big. Still not the biggest fan of Sinclaire's choice of sound sometimes, but this is about as close to a bullseye as far as Sinclaire goes. In fact, I'd even go as far as saying that this is the best track the label ever made.
4.5/5

15. 'Welcome To The Show", saving the best for the last? This is a very amazingly produced track, with special emphasis on Tanith/Irene/La Gatta's parts because these are some of the most ingenious melodies from SCP I've heard in a while. The verse is a simple verse but I can't exactly explain what makes me like the way Tanith sings the verse, maybe it just sounds alluring? The chorus though, is where the song shines so brightly, it is so powerfully sung and I can feel the enthusiasm coursing through every time Tanith belts her notes out. Something else I also like about this track is that at the 3:14 mark, it's like hearing an entirely different version of the song altogether, again, I can't explain it but it's just amazing and I have to wonder what the SCP production team were thinking about when they were planning this track altogether. Ennio was pretty much in your face the entire time, but the song wouldn't sound complete without his rapping. I strongly believe this is one of SCP's finest work since 2011 - Yes, it trumps "Sunlight" hands down.
5/5

Top 3 :
Blue / Rich Hard
Welcome To The Show / Tanith & Dark Evil
Into The Sunrise / Dave Rodgers

Bottom 3 :
Tonight In Paradise / Belight
Amazing Love / Baby Gold
Miss You / Mickey B

HM :
Tearful Eyes / Les
Last edited by WNight on 20 May 2013, 13:15, edited 2 times in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 May 2013, 10:42

The spot has been uploaded to Youtube. And why the fuck it's unlisted? Yeeeaahhh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FsPQWTaliA

And the official website has been updated with that video on the main page.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 20 May 2013, 10:55

Awesome stuff!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 20 May 2013, 13:42

Lol the spiderman movie quote

Avex, you wacky.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 20 May 2013, 13:57

..nice 2 tune presentation from HRG!..

..Stephy is good..

..this SEB got really powerfull Sinclaire!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 May 2013, 06:49

@WNight.

Damn good review. You got me stocked for "Blue" and "Into Sunrise". Also, it just hit me. Last disc we had "Into The Moon" now, "Into The Sunrise" :P

That SEB spot is pretty damn good. I wouldn't have started it out with "Welcome To The Show". The Dave Rodgers track would have been more appropreate to showcase what the majoraty of the songs will sound like, but still a decent mix.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 May 2013, 07:29

Does no-one else hear the Manuel-stylings in "Into The Sunrise's" chorus? I'm surprised that my comment hasn't hit home with other people, as to me it's soooo clear. I miss Manuel so much :(

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 21 May 2013, 07:34

the_ditz wrote:Does no-one else hear the Manuel-stylings in "Into The Sunrise's" chorus? I'm surprised that my comment hasn't hit home with other people, as to me it's soooo clear. I miss Manuel so much :(
I hear it too, the rapid fire syllables remind me of Sun in the Rain.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 21 May 2013, 19:49

I still haven't ordered this album yet, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't. I would've wasted $30.
ImageImage

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 21 May 2013, 21:31

i liked the songs overall, though I guess we all have opinions here. lol but of course the Rich Hard nor Dave Rodgers have any effect on me whatsoever.

Lilly made me love her presentation and yet Baby Gold is just noise. It's not good but here and there are okay...

Sinclaire Style has this edge I like, especially with Tearful Eyes. Such a ear-gasm. Alone In London was fun to listen to, but I almost got bored with it.

Delta is throwing music here and there, and I like that. Ringtone is fun and weird at the same time. Overjoy is cute and Odyssey-ish. I love it!

Stephy Martin is so beautiful in this piece. Regardless whether this isn't eurobeat or whatever, I thought it was beautiful. I hope this gets into the "Best Of" series, if we see one this time.

Nuage is different but same, something that brings me back to her. I like this song.

Welcome To The Show is fun and makes me enjoy hyper techno a lot more. I like this presentation overall by this album.

Eh, I loved the album overall, but I'm no "veteran" eurobeat listener or whatever, but I'm just happy I get to listen to Eurobeat every day. People can be so picky, live life to the fullest and carefree....none of that YOLO shit...but carpe diem...

Also got a new project set up! More money!! MORE SEB ALBUMS!!! I love my job!! :3 Have a fun day everyone! ^3^
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 May 2013, 23:09

#Infinity wrote:I still haven't ordered this album yet, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't. I would've wasted $30.
:???: - have you really lost all faith in SEB? You just don't seem to enjoy any albums or songs nowadays - it's a shame :(

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 May 2013, 01:54

the_ditz wrote:
#Infinity wrote:I still haven't ordered this album yet, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't. I would've wasted $30.
:???: - have you really lost all faith in SEB? You just don't seem to enjoy any albums or songs nowadays - it's a shame :(
Well, I enjoyed SEB 221 overall, even though it wasn't my favorite ever. That album contained Loving Eurobeat and Boys Gone Wild, both of which have become two of my favorite Andrea Leonardi songs ever produced. Power & Love has also grown on me even more since I first received the CD. But regardless, I am still capable of enjoying new SEB releases. My interest in eurobeat is still alive as ever.

However, I do not really like the increased focus towards A-Beat C, which seems to be slumping again after having done well in the 190's, 200's, and 210's. The lack of Eurogrooves has also been a serious detriment to my interest, as has Saifam's slowing rate of production. SCP is quickly becoming hit-or-miss, and I'm a little hesitant about the decision to merge the label with GGM because the combined team sounds way more like the former, with the latter's sound all but vanishing from the series.

I know you lost a ton of interest in SEB during the beginning of the 180's (before 184 rejuvenated your love for eurobeat), and I suppose I'm in a similar mood myself right now. I guess I just don't understand why SEB 222 and 223 have gotten mixed-to-positive ratings when to me, they're the worst releases put out in a long time. I have hopes that SEB 224 will be an improvement from the previous two releases, but we'll have to wait and see.
ImageImage