Best of Super Eurobeat 2013: 224

Polls regarding Eurobeat can be found here.

Best Song of SEB 224

Poll ended at 17 Dec 2013, 12:19

Kaioh - Just Say Yeah
No votes
Stephy Martin - Stay With You
No votes
Jager - Fly Magic
7%
Cindy - In The Rhythm Of The Night
No votes
David Dima - Dancing On The Street
14%
Daniel - Poison
14%
Ducky Chix - Prayer
21%
Annalise - Say Say Say
No votes
Paul Harris - Dreamers
14%
Norma Sheffield - Do You Believe In Love
No votes
Isabelle - Radio Love
No votes
Nick Turbo - Goldginger
No votes
Bon - Pull The Trigger
7%
Bliss - Higher Higher More And More
21%
Fastway - The Element Of Fire
No votes

Total votes: 14

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Best of Super Eurobeat 2013: 224

Post by Darkholme » 10 Dec 2013, 12:19

Onward we go! Tanith & Dark Evil managed to take first place with their unique take on our beloved genre, but will it carry them all the way?

Next up is the wonderful addition to any SEB collection, volume 224! I think we can pretty much all agree that this one is filled to the brim with great eurobeat! Picking just one song is gonna be difficult, so think hard!

Personally my favourite SEB of the year, and while Prayer is my favourite song of the year Say Say Say really stole my heart so the choice wasn't as easy :P

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 10 Dec 2013, 17:59

Very hard to decide. I agree with you, SEB224 was my favorite one this year and, in my opinion, it's one of the best SEB albums. Almost every song is on quite a strong level. At first listening I totally disliked Jager's Fly Magic which became one of my favorites with each playing. Same with Radio Love by Isabelle. However, in the end it was a hard fight between the SinclaireStyle submissions: Prayer vs. Pull The Trigger. Both songs are truly masterpieces. Prayer because it's awesome and probably nobody thought it would be that good. Pull The Trigger because of these sounds I totally want in Eurobeat: that "rattering" sounds. When I should try to imitate the melody with my mouth, it would probably sound like a mix of Rs and Ls. :D
This fight has been won by Prayer.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Dec 2013, 21:41

I really enjoyed this cd because it had so many amazing songs by the different labels. Means that many songs will get votes and not just one song. For the record; I didn't vote for that Tanith song; which is more sub-Eurobeat. Anyway, amny great songs, but I'm going for Sinclaire again. This round goes to Bon "Pull The Trigger", but just by a hair cuz I really enjoyed Daniel- Poison just as much. Those two were the giants for me. Two bad we can't vote twice, or elese I might vote for Daniel tomorrow, depending on the mood I'm in.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 11 Dec 2013, 00:13

Man, I was also stuck between Poison and Pull The Trigger, but ended up picking Poison in the end.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Dec 2013, 02:49

This album sucked so it was an easy choice between Just Say Yeah and Dancing On The Streets. Chose the later one.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 11 Dec 2013, 03:28

I still love Bliss' Higher Higher More and More, even though several other tracks are not far behind. I also love Fly Magic, In the Rhythm of the Night, Poison, Dreamers, Pull the Trigger, and The Element of Fire.

I pray to God Dancing On the Street does not win this poll because it perfectly represents how badly David Dima has fallen from grace since his label debuted on SEB five years ago.
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 11 Dec 2013, 08:35

Poison was my Poison.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 12 Dec 2013, 00:24

To be fair, I may have been a little too harsh on Dancing on the Street, as it's really not that bad a song. It's just that Dima is capable of far greater heights than that track represents. Compared to Tsundere Night, Mind Game, or King of the World, it's pretty unexciting.
ImageImage

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 12 Dec 2013, 00:32

#Infinity wrote:To be fair, I may have been a little too harsh on Dancing on the Street, as it's really not that bad a song. It's just that Dima is capable of far greater heights than that track represents. Compared to Tsundere Night, Mind Game, or King of the World, it's pretty unexciting.
Yep. The last few David Dima tracks sounded very similar, there wasn't much variation. The song sounds not bad, but it's nothing "special".
Right in this moment, I'm listening to "Bad Love" and avex could replaced it with almost any other David Dima track of this year, it wouldn't make a big difference...

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 12 Dec 2013, 10:54

I set the poll to last 7 days, so there's still plenty of time to vote. Hopefully some less active members will get the chance to vote as well

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Dec 2013, 08:41

question? does the number in parenthesis actually show the number of votes the song is getting. If so, it Looks like once again a song will be determined the winner with only three votes?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 13 Dec 2013, 08:44

Yes. :(