The last Hi-NRG Ravers in Mexico

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 11 Jan 2014, 09:22

Gruzky wrote:...YPonybeat (as much as it makes me cringe)...
The Ponybeat fans adamantly insist that Ponybeat is the Next Generation of Eurobeat.

They are basically implying that, as Initial D made Super Eurobeat popular, MLP:FIM will make Ponybeat the new popular series.

I seem to recall them saying that the conventional Eurobeat studios closing was the signal for Ponybeat to take over.

I have nothing to say about anything of this.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 11 Jan 2014, 09:32

Wataru Akiyama wrote:
Gruzky wrote:...YPonybeat (as much as it makes me cringe)...
The Ponybeat fans adamantly insist that Ponybeat is the Next Generation of Eurobeat.

They are basically implying that, as Initial D made Super Eurobeat popular, MLP:FIM will make Ponybeat the new popular series.

I seem to recall them saying that the conventional Eurobeat studios closing was the signal for Ponybeat to take over.

I have nothing to say about anything of this.
:???: :? :D :D :D
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 11 Jan 2014, 19:24

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 11 Jan 2014, 22:04

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready!

It's time once again for:

EUROBEAT PRIME ULTIMATE SMACK DOWN ARENA!!!

THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 12 Jan 2014, 04:51

eXtaticus wrote:snip
There was a time when everyone was saying that J-pop stars like Namie Amuro, Ayu Hamasaki, and the rest would be the Next Generation Of Eurobeat, if you remember the awkward J-Euro period. The Ponybeat period is reminiscent of this.

In the end, the J-Euro thing just sort of...faded away. I give the Ponybeat thing a few months or a year.

The Vocaloid thing is J-Euro returned to us, except instead of J-pop stars singing Euro-style, it's Vocaloids. It wouldn't shock me if there was an SEB designated the Miku Mix, just as we had a volume called the AYU-RO Mix.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 12 Jan 2014, 20:03

Like this?

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 13 Jan 2014, 05:33

Yep.

It's like 2000 all over again, except with Miku Hatsune instead of Ayumi Hamasaki.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Jan 2014, 06:20

Whats the difference between Eurobeat and Ponybeat? Just the name? Obviously the production team too, but aside from that, I basically hear Eurobeat melodies and rythms throughout the song. even hear Ken Blast doing vocals on some of the tracks. Some songs are pretty cool sounding. The whole pony thing is kinda disturbing cause they have the same features as the female animi characters. I don't like em. but aside from that: I like it eons more than vocaloids..

Anyway, I like that one song "Luna" alot.! The gallopping baseline and vocals are top notch. BTW, is that you doing the metal vocals on the nitemare mode version? HeHe. I like metal too. :grin:

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 13 Jan 2014, 07:20

drnrg wrote:Whats the difference between Eurobeat and Ponybeat? Just the name? Obviously the production team too, but aside from that, I basically hear Eurobeat melodies and rythms throughout the song. even hear Ken Blast doing vocals on some of the tracks. Some songs are pretty cool sounding. The whole pony thing is kinda disturbing cause they have the same features as the female animi characters. I don't like em. but aside from that: I like it eons more than vocaloids..

Anyway, I like that one song "Luna" alot.! The gallopping baseline and vocals are top notch. BTW, is that you doing the metal vocals on the nitemare mode version? HeHe. I like metal too. :grin:
Drnrg, you remember the J-Euro kerfuffle during the 2000-2002 period?

It's like that. Virtually indistinguishable from genuine Italian Euro, but it's just not Italian and not from the studios we all know and love.

I am not an unreasonable man. When Dave Rodgers comes out with a MLP-themed track, I will capitulate and admit that Ponybeat is, in fact, the next generation.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 13 Jan 2014, 13:11

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Jan 2014, 00:55

Interesting. I actually thought the "galloping" bass lines had a lot to do with the name Ponybeat. Horses gallop. Simple as that. I never would have identified it with My Little Pony.

I can see HRG Attack doing a really killer parody of Ponybeat in the future with a title like "Ponybeat Rider" or "She's My Ponybeat Girl"

Besides didn't AVEX try that already on SEB 218. remeber Aleky, Anni Love and Alix?

Anyway, the music itself is good, but I would rather have Eurobeat showcased on animi like Intial D, Speed Racer, Video games witha lot of action,Even Mucha Lucha. I'd prefer something along the lines of tough themed Animation.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Jan 2014, 19:16

Holy cow this became an actual point of discussion.

Uh. ^^;

...Ponybeat is just Eurobeat about a specific subject. I hesitate to say it's the "next generation" by any means, the only reasons it took off were because it was readily accessible (free/name your price in all territories), in English, and about something people already liked. It's most definitely not because of my production, because I've only RECENTLY reached a point where it's more than just 'bearable'.

No "takeover" planned here. If it's done anything new, it's demonstrated that Eurobeat can still perform well in an international market on some level. eXtaticus kinda nailed it on his last post there.

(And, yes, that was me doing the death metal vox on Luna Nightmare Mode.)
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 19 Jan 2014, 06:01

Wataru Akiyama wrote:Drnrg, you remember the J-Euro kerfuffle during the 2000-2002 period?

It's like that. Virtually indistinguishable from genuine Italian Euro, but it's just not Italian and not from the studios we all know and love.
Not sure what you're thinking of because most of the J-Euro (ayu, MAX, ELT etc.) you're thinking of was remixed by the Italian labels.

I think you're probably thinking of the Japanese J-Euro labels like Akiba Koubou, Fantasy, Plum and stuff.