Pop/Rock You Would Like To Hear Covered In Eurobeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 26 Feb 2014, 09:46

Thank you! :!:

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 06 Apr 2014, 20:51

Heart - Alone. I know this song from my childhood hearing my mom listen to it and it recently started playing at work, which kinda piqued my interest in the song. I think it would make for an awesome Eurobeat cover. I hit up Akyra about doing a remix for it, but I can't seem to find an acapella version anywhere, idk if it was even released :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cw1ng75KP0

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Apr 2014, 00:02

Here's another round.

Dancing Lasha Tumbai by Verka Serduchka. This song is all kind of awesome and would be an awesome Eurobeat contender. However, finding the right EB vocalist for it would be rather difficult seeing it's a mixing of Russian, German, English and another language that escapes me. Yes, this is an Eurovision song. From Helsinki 2007.

Jump by Van Halen. Ha! This is, like, a classic of rock music. But that particular song is heavy on a synth pattern which makes it particularly easy to transcribe into Eurobeat. Any energetic male in Eurobeat could pull it off easily: Manuel, Fastway, Mark Farina, etc.

The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) by Ylvis. I'm going to get a lot of crap for this but, seeing how nonsensical this song is to begin with (well, it does make sense but the song takes us for a 2 years old), it's a perfect Eurobeat fit.

Ça fait rire les oiseaux and Le bal masqué by La Compagnie Créole. Both are French happy-go-lucky latino/tropical sounding tracks that would EASILY translate into Eurobeat. Major problem: finding both a male and female vocalists that sing in French. As far as i know, there are only 2 known Eurobeat tracks in French (Frengrish, tbh).

Haut les mains/Hands Up by Ottawan. Again with Quebecese Disco classics xD. This time around, it's the same song but it does have both a French and English version. It's another happy-go-lucky track too with a Eurobeat-like flute-sounding-riff. Need a duo here.

...I think I mentionned the next track at some point, but here it is again:
Toujours Vivant by Gerry Boulet. Another French track! Hahaha. Again, this song is also happy-go-lucky feel (but a different tone than the other tracks above) and has an amazing guitar riff that would translate easily into Eurobeat. Again, the problems are the vocal. The original vocalist for this track has passed away about 20 years ago unfortunately. That guy had everything going for him. The album where this song is featured was selling like hot-cakes at the time. He died during this album's tour. :(

I think I named every songs I was thinking about. For now.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Apr 2014, 06:13

Lebon14
The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) by Ylvis. I'm going to get a lot of crap for this but, seeing how nonsensical this song is to begin with (well, it does make sense but the song takes us for a 2 years old), it's a perfect Eurobeat fit.

I'll only comment on this song, cuz it's the only one, besides "Jump" that I know. "Jump" is GOD like and I totally agree on that choice, but the Ylvis song deserves a slow death in an oven along with "#SELFIE" and No! It doesn't fit the Eurobeat style of today at all. Today's Eurobeat style is more grown up. Thank Goodness.

BTW, who do wish to cover that song? Please don't say HRG Attack :P .

I'll repeat my choice of a month ago.

Demi Lovato - Neon Lights would sound awesome in Eurobeat fasion sung by Stephy Martini on Dima's label. It even starts off with Accapella style and the high notes sound good for Stephy Martini

I would also think Lorde's "Team" would make for an interesting Eurobeat challange. It's really catchy when speeded up. This one could be HRG Attack worthy.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 07 Apr 2014, 08:23

Lebon14 wrote:Here's another round.
Jump by Van Halen. Ha! This is, like, a classic of rock music. But that particular song is heavy on a synth pattern which makes it particularly easy to transcribe into Eurobeat. Any energetic male in Eurobeat could pull it off easily: Manuel, Fastway, Mark Farina, etc.
Actually, this song was already released as a Eurobeat cover song back in 1989 on That's Eurobeat vol. 15:

Eskimo - Jump (D.J. Power Mix)

It was produced by Mauro Farina, Giuliano Crivellente, and Florian Fadinger.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Apr 2014, 17:47

synthjunkie wrote:Actually, this song was already released as a Eurobeat cover song back in 1989 on That's Eurobeat vol. 15:

Eskimo - Jump (D.J. Power Mix)

It was produced by Mauro Farina, Giuliano Crivellente, and Florian Fadinger.
Good to know. However, I'd like a more recent sounding Eurobeat track of the song.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Apr 2014, 18:40

drnrg wrote:Demi Lovato - Neon Lights would sound awesome in Eurobeat fasion sung by Stephy Martini on Dima's label. It even starts off with Accapella style and the high notes sound good for Stephy Martini
Oh wow, I can TOTALLY hear that - great choice dr!!

My additions to the party...

Tiesto - Red Lights
For some reason, I can hear Powerful T or someone doing a Eurobeat version of this track, although complete with classic A-Beat C production!

Cascada - Blink
I know that some might dismiss Cascada, but they have a keen ear for a killer hook, and I can see this working perhaps as an SCP Irene track... ;)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 07 Apr 2014, 20:41

drnrg wrote:Lebon14

I'll only comment on this song, cuz it's the only one, besides "Jump" that I know. "Jump" is GOD like and I totally agree on that choice, but the Ylvis song deserves a slow death in an oven along with "#SELFIE" and No! It doesn't fit the Eurobeat style of today at all. Today's Eurobeat style is more grown up. Thank Goodness.
http://www.junodownload.com/products/sp ... 404188-02/ :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Apr 2014, 02:05

MKwiakaku
Looks like Lebon14 got his wish. Although: this really can't even be concidered Eurobeat ????

I just hope this doesn't appear on SEB 228 :? :???:

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 08 Apr 2014, 16:32

I don't think they were going for eurobeat, probably just The Fox BUT FASTER. Seems most of their songs are dancemania-style SPEEDY covers of other songs.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 08 Apr 2014, 17:34

drnrg wrote:MKwiakaku
Looks like Lebon14 got his wish. Although: this really can't even be concidered Eurobeat ????

I just hope this doesn't appear on SEB 228 :? :???:
That's not even Eurobeat, doc. That's just Hard Dance.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 08 Apr 2014, 19:38

It's probably as close as it's going to get, ehehe. :) I stumbled across it before and I needed to share this masterpiece with you~

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 09 Apr 2014, 00:15

Convert to eurobeat?! huh!
depend on what song you want to remix&convert..

it's possible to remix any dancepop,electro,eurodance&trance&hardcore songs to eurobeat style, because of similar structure between those genres

pop&rock&country are quite hard,....some songs are not suitable for speed up BPM,+ kick drum,because they will sound very weird...

let see,i really many pop song from 80s,90s...they can be good to remix eurobeat

"Sun always shine on TV" is a example

this song already has hardcore version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3BGMBOQ9Ko :!:

"Running on that hill"
"New years day" by U2

"Haschen In Der Grube" :evil:
hardcore version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-NS5ICI3QY

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 12 Apr 2014, 09:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G7eDpMGe1k

The chorus is great but I feels pretty weak compared to what I'm used to. Get some more bpm and some brass synths in there and Stephy Martin could sing it :D
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Apr 2014, 17:21

Darkholme wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G7eDpMGe1k

The chorus is great but I feels pretty weak compared to what I'm used to. Get some more bpm and some brass synths in there and Stephy Martin could sing it :D
Agnes is a goddess!!! On & On is far better than Release Me though ;)