Hello! New member here! :D

There's a wide world also outside of Eurobeat, this is where you discuss it.
WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Hello! New member here! :D

Post by WinterdrivE » 29 Jun 2014, 03:50

Hi! I'm WinterdrivE, and I'm also known as AyuRox in other areas of the internet. [s]A username a certain Lebon14 may recognize from elsewhere :P[/s] As I'm sure you've all guessed, I'm new here, although I'm not new to foruming... at all. I'm also an active member of VocaloidOtaku forums and I used to be active on Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai, although I'm getting a little ahead of myself.

So, a little about me in general. I'm currently a college student majoring in International Studies and Japanese. I used to be a Commercial and Electronic Music major but I decided [s]I enjoy having a social life[/s] music is more fun as a hobby than as work. However I definitely still keep up with music and keep it an active part of my life. I play clarinet, flute, and ocarina. I've also dabbled with French horn and am trying to learn erhu (Chinese violin). I know how a piano is played, but cannot play it myself. XD I also dabble with electronic music production, DAWs, and such [s]even though I never got that far in my major[/s]. I'm also a VOCALOID user.

About how I found eurobeat, I think its probably a little different from most people. So early on, like from middle school, I became a fan of Ayumi Hamasaki, and one of the first albums of hers that I bought from iTunes was SEB presents ayu-ro mix. At first I thought it was individual to her, but upon searching more in iTunes, i also found the other SEB presents albums, which is also how I was introduced to globe, m.o.v.e, every little thing, and dream (and MAX, too, but it wasn't till much later). However, despite that, it was a long time until i actually found and started listening to the SEB series, mostly by virtue of them not being on iTunes. But long story short, I ended up finding the SEB series and I've been listening to it ever since. I think my first SEB album was 120, for the other ayu remixes, but my first non-megamix one was 189, mostly for People of the World [s]which is, like, the only good song from that album[/s]

As it stands right now, I'm mostly a fan of older eurobeat from the late 90s, early 00s. I also like the newer stuff that's been coming out since SEB 221, and I've been meaning to get more old stuff from the 80s. I'm interested in getting some of the That's Eurobeat CDs, but they seem to be hard to track down.

But right now I've been looking for a place to talk about eurobeat since, y'know... its not that widespread. Also, like I said earlier, I've recently become more interested in music production, and I'd definitely like to produce euroobeat. However, I'm still really green when it comes to stuff like that, and I feel like eurobeat's kinda tricky to get right. I have the feeling I'll end up around the Making Eurobeat section pretty often.

Although I will say, if anyone's looking to collaborate, I'm up for a learning experience if someone else is. I use VOCALOID in both English and Japanese (although I don't know enough Japanese to, say, write lyrics or anything like that) so I could provide vocals for someone if they wanna go that route. Alternately, I'm open for someone just providing straight up advice.

Links to my YouTube (mostly finished works) and Soundcloud (mostly WIPs, tests, and experiments) are in my as of yet unfinished signature. Although all I really do are covers/dubs of existing songs. Like I said, not so hot at the full prodction thing.

Anyways, I apologize for the length of this, but I hope I'll have a good time here and can maybe learn a thing or two.

[edit]
Awwww, this board doesn't support strike-throughs, does it? :/

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 29 Jun 2014, 06:07

welcome to the forum!

eurobeat need more indie producers.... keep trying and practicing,you will get high level someday :)

i have some quite good resources for making eurobeat, if you want to try!? :)

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 29 Jun 2014, 06:22

FUCK YEAH 90s AND 00s EUROBEAT

I make music too! I've got a lot of eurobeat fiddlings that are WIP, the only reason I haven't finished any is because, while I'm pretty good at music, I have a really really hard time with lyrics.

I am 100% up for collaboration!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 29 Jun 2014, 21:44

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 01 Jul 2014, 02:12

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! :D

@KoolKool, eh, I hope so. i'm just never happy with anything I do. but yeah, if you have resources, send 'em my way, please.

@Mindsweeper, yeah, while I don't dislike the newer eurobeat that's been released by SEB, I like the older stuff the most. I can't say I'm so great at lyrics myself, but maybe together we could come up with something. Shoot me a message sometime if you wanna try something.

@eXtaticus, wow, I wasn't expecting to find any VOCALOID users on here. I like the song you made with Miku (even though Miku English is.... eh...). Are you a member at VocaloidOtaku.net by any chance? Also, if you don't mind and if you're not a member, I'd like to post your song over there, too.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 01 Jul 2014, 02:16

Hiya! I'm from TN/North GA area, so if you're close, maybe we could hang one day!

I think many peeps on here into the older Eurobeat sounds. Welcome!