Super Eurobeat 230

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 26 Aug 2014, 21:05

Tiger wrote:Don't care. SEB should die with the quality of music they're making now. The labels won't have my money until they start producing better stuff. We all know you can do better.
I agree about quality to a point, but if Avex is demanding a certain style or sound from a studio, the quality may decrease as they are not being as free as they may want to be. We are all bitter against Avex for the lack of global outlets. Do they realize what there revenue may be if they offered albums on a world digital scale? Hell of a lot higher than 750 copies!

I will complain to the ends of the earth that Avex is dumb as hell for not trying to capture their international market. I feel sorry for them that hey are not getting this idea down.

Let the studios be free to create what they want.
Let the world have access to the genre easily.
Let the genre survive.

I hope when negotiations come around again, that the studios fight for more digital releases and back catalogs.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Aug 2014, 06:19

Tiger wrote:Don't care. SEB should die with the quality of music they're making now. The labels won't have my money until they start producing better stuff. We all know you can do better.
I'm perfectly fine the way it sounds right now. My opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt though because I can hardly go back to tracks that were releases before the 170s.
Last edited by Lebon14 on 27 Aug 2014, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 27 Aug 2014, 16:24

It shouldn't. Actually, it must not.

A long compilation still running nowadays, as Super Eurobeat, is a beautiful exception going against all odds. Listen to all the sh*t music industry (specially EDM) is pushing down our throats…! (edit: 20 years of marvelous albums ONLY, is a bit too much to ask… we had good, bad, notable discs, forgettable ones…SEB phases, as the time goes by)
Labels will never ever make money from eurobeat alone (in this age? Not anymore). I hope they're not expecting that. Eurobeat peak has long passed. No way it could bring something more, if not fans and recognition inside its circle.
para_rigby wrote: Let the studios be free to create what they want.
Let the world have access to the genre easily.
Let the genre survive.

I hope when negotiations come around again, that the studios fight for more digital releases and back catalogs.
Yes, yes and yes. And I'd add I'm also waiting for more marketing stuff as music videos and others products/brands.

(p.s.: sorry my english and if I'm being too harsh… it's just that I can't keep quiet when it comes to eurobeat and all hahaha)

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 28 Aug 2014, 02:18

we need more indie producers,labels.....
the rise of j-euro like TEB with notable producers such as Sugano,DJ Command,Elementas...is new breaths for the genre

italian producers might have got too tired with the genre, produce too much eurobeat tracks,quality drop is expected
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 28 Aug 2014, 13:20

KoolKool wrote:
we need more indie producers,labels.....
the rise of j-euro like TEB with notable producers such as Sugano,DJ Command,Elementas...is new breaths for the genre

italian producers might have got too tired with the genre, produce too much eurobeat tracks,quality drop is expected
I agree. Eurobeat's most notable producers have produced similar eurobeat songs for more than 20 years. Only few music producers constantly produced good music for decades. Every year they produce 20 to 50 songs and it is not strange that their musical inspiration dries up.

We have seen many talented producers in independent eurobeat scene, but independent market is so niche that they cannot release their new songs stably. SEB could be a new home for the producers and it would be good for both producers and SEB series.

An obstacle to this is that japanese eurobeat listeners, who actually buy SEB albums, simply do not accept non-italian eurobeat producers. They often underestimate their own japanese eurobeat producers(such as Plum, Akiba Koubou, Sugano, etc..). As NRGexpress says, they think only italian-produced eurobeat is legitimate and japanese-produced eurobeat is fake eurobeat or, 'eurobeat-oriented J-Pop'.
para_rigby wrote:I will complain to the ends of the earth that Avex is dumb as hell for not trying to capture their international market. I feel sorry for them that hey are not getting this idea down.
It's very ideal, but international market is not Avex's main market. Avex is a japanese company and as a company which suffer from declining even in their own market, they do not want to make a new venture into international musical industry for niche eurobeat fandom.

It would be great if avex do that, but when it is less likely we should find another way. Opening access to eurobeat worldwide is what the labels should do(which a few labels already did).
vinyl12 wrote:SEB 230 marked #128 on Oricon weekly album chart this week. Oricon has not yet released sales records of albums below #101. 'EXIT TUNES PRESENTS hanjyuku girls' made #100 this week, selling 782 copies, which means SEB 230 sold less than 782 copies.
For those who are interested, SEB 230's first week sales is 558 copies.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 28 Aug 2014, 14:28

vinyl12 wrote:For those who are interested, SEB 230's first week sales is 558 copies.
And one of them was my copy which arrived today. :grin:

Edit: I've made a Hi-Res version of the cover for my iTunes library. You can download it here as PNG and JPG.
You may see that this cover is based on a scan by myself, that's why the shine around the 230 looks so bad. The good days of my old scanner have passed. :D
If you need my scan (maybe you can make it better), here's the original. Only 300 DPI because it looked like shit when I tried 600+ DPI.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Aug 2014, 21:21

^ It looks really good.
An obstacle to this is that japanese eurobeat listeners, who actually buy SEB albums, simply do not accept non-italian eurobeat producers. They often underestimate their own japanese eurobeat producers(such as Plum, Akiba Koubou, Sugano, etc..). As NRGexpress says, they think only italian-produced eurobeat is legitimate and japanese-produced eurobeat is fake eurobeat or, 'eurobeat-oriented J-Pop'.
I think they've got bad after taste after hearing the ultra bad Ayumi, Max, Globe eurobeat remix. If that's not it, there's a crapload of misconceptions. However, it's not something that can't be fixed though. It only needs a good marketing strategy but... Avex likes to rest on its laurels thinking "money will come to us, falling from the sky!"
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 31 Aug 2014, 04:08

I listened to both CDs three times now.
The megamix is pretty standard, there are almost no special transitions which could have impressed me. Compared to SEB 220, the last anniversary, this mix album worse. That's probably because of the tracklist. Even if there's no J-Euro disc this time, the first disc of 220 had enough power to make fun at each listening. Well, that's just my opinion. I wish they'd put more recent songs on those anniversaries, not just nine.
Following discs for an anniversary SEB would be fine for me: Disc 1 - Standard Megamix, Disc 2 - Best of last decade. There are 135 new songs per decade (if each CD has 15 songs), it would be easy to pick 50 out of them.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 02 Sep 2014, 20:29

"Teaser"
Why, Avex, why?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Sep 2014, 23:13

So late :( Also, too bad most of the songs have been on YouTube for years.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Sep 2014, 02:11

Bleh. Why now? *shrug*
Should have been done weeks BEFORE the release. NOT weeks after the release... Avex... seriously. Get your shit together.

At least the "Hey" flashing on screen at the Kamikaze segment were funny.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 03 Sep 2014, 02:40

Lebon14 wrote:At least the "Hey" flashing on screen at the Kamikaze segment were funny.
Everthing's so hilarious, can't help but laugh my lungs off.
No offense, it's just that they're "trying hard" to make things work… it's not working the way they - probably - want hahahahahaha

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Sep 2014, 08:55

That preview was actually pretty cool. I'm so glad that SEB isn't bias to ABeatC and SCP :P

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 04 Sep 2014, 12:28

is torrent downloading allowed in your country?
i know that torrent is illegal in term of copyright law
i'm not really a music collector myself,so knowing what best SEB vol and best track to get,not waste of money,torrent help me alots.

there is a website called rutracker,a member who share a whole SEB collection on torrent with plenty amount of seeds :razz:
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 04 Sep 2014, 12:48

Basically, Torrents are fully legal. They are just a type of downloading. And mostly, it's safe until you don't download new movies or popular mainstream music. Anyway, this forum isn't a place to talk about these downloads...