Super Eurobeat 231

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 25 Oct 2014, 23:15

synthjunkie wrote: All in all, a mediocre album, with 4 amazingly strong songs, and the rest mostly bland, or just bad.

For my taste, 4 songs made me very happy so I'd give it 3 out of 6 stars.
3 songs here. Gave 2/5… well
HRG tracks are bad but after listening for a while, they just get stucked… oh noes.

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 26 Oct 2014, 01:24

milachan wrote:HRG tracks are bad but after listening for a while, they just get stucked… oh noes.
I can't get Hey Chicken out of my head.

Well, for me it's a solid album...like synthjunkie said, it's an album with some variety, so yeah, while I did like most songs better than others, there are some songs that sound good to me, but aren't enough to make me "ooooh".

Well, songs I liked (in no particular order):

Music in Action, Wanna Be My Geisha, Para Para Cannibal, With A Little Bit Of True Love, Hey Chicken, Get Yourself The Real Thing.

But I get myself listening a lot to Music in Action, Hey Chicken and Get Yourself The Real Thing.

Yeah, I'll go with synthjunkie and give it 3 out of 6 stars, too.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 26 Oct 2014, 02:23

Obsessed with Bye Bye Love Night!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Oct 2014, 04:51

Hot Milk is about 69 :!: :D 8)
and I love her spoken vocals!!!!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 26 Oct 2014, 04:57

drnrg wrote:Hot Milk is about 69 :!: :D 8)
Not in my parapara interpretation hehe :wink:
but, yeah, pretty embarrassing if you read between the lines…

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 26 Oct 2014, 05:23

drnrg wrote:Hot Milk is about 69 :!: :D 8)
and I love her spoken vocals!!!!
That's what I always liked about Eurobeat and even Italo-disco for that matter, and other Hi-NRG songs from the past as well: They were underground, and quite experimental when it came to sexual themes that were taboo to be spoken about in mainstream music back in the day. Now, sexual lyrics are all over the place in mainstream music, but back in the day, it was the underground stuff that started it all and it was there to bring more acceptance to others, while today's mainstream sexual themes are just for pure attention and fame. Same goes with a lot of other indie stuff from the past in other musical genres as well.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Oct 2014, 07:12

Joker Face is Festari singing!!!!!! It's such a treat to hear his awesome works again. One of the best songs I hear tonight!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 26 Oct 2014, 07:17

drnrg wrote:Joker Face is Festari singing!!!!!! It's such a treat to hear his awesome works again. One of the best songs I hear tonight!
That's surely F. Malvicino's voice. Festari left HRG some time ago, as far as I know.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 26 Oct 2014, 12:39

This album is very strong. I like these 10 tracks best:

1 Manuel - Wanna be my geisha
2 Vicky Vale - Para Para cannibal
3 Ace & Pamsy - Inside my soul
4 Lucky boy - Joker face
5 Norma Sheffield - Baby you'II be mine
6 David Dima - With a little bit of true love
7 Bon - Music in action
8 Mela - Just a love story
9 Rich Hard - Full desire
10 Leslie Parrish - Let me in

Rest of the tracks is decent; I only didn't like 'Ana - Bye bye love night' exept the intro..

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Oct 2014, 05:37

milachan
That's surely F. Malvicino's voice. Festari left HRG some time ago, as far as I know.
Perfect example of how I can get overhyped. Yeah, it's Malvicino's vocals, but The song is so Festari style.

Anyway someTIME's it does help to prelisten to an SEB album especially now adys. Told my sis to order for me when she gets a chance. I will be reviewing this one. The last two were o.k. but this one really has a lot of special trax.

Top 10 for the TIME being.

1. Ana - Bye Bye Love Night
2. Bon - Music In Action
3. Nikita Jr. - Hot Milk
3. Lucky Boy - Joker Face
4. Vicky Vale - Para Para Cannibal(Platnum Mix)
which makes Sinclaire champion on this disc.
5. Lou Master - Get Yourself The Real Thing
6. Daniel & Cherry - The Prey(Crazy Lover)
7. Ace & Pamsy - Inside My Soul
8. Leslie Parrish - Let Me In
9. David Dima - With A Little Bit Of True Love
10.Manuel - Wanna Be My Geisha?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Oct 2014, 09:23

I'll be the first to put out a semi-detailed review this time based on the youtube versions I heard so far, as I'll be busy with work in the weeks to come.

P.S. Still no iTunes release!

1. Inside My Soul / Ace & Pamsy
Track has all sorts of potential to be a really good track, too bad it didn't quite impressed me. I, for one, find that the melody is too 'easy' for an SCP duet. Thus, the weight of the song almost solely relies on the two vocalists, whom while performed admirably, ultimately wasn't able to save the track from overwhelming 'plain-ness'. I can't bring myself to fail this track though, because after all, it's a duet between two great SCP vocalists.
Grade : 2.5/5

2. Music In Action / Bon
Bonini has great songs, but none of his Sinclaire Style tracks truly stood out as a deal breaker. 'Pull The Trigger' came close but it cannot hope to hold a candle to most of his other tracks on Delta and it's impossible not to make comparisons. While on Delta, even his worst tracks had a strong beat to it ('Dark & Bright' anyone?) but something changed after his return to Sinclaire Style, it's like his songs just began to 'sissy' out and took on a more 'family friendly' melody that overall, just sounds 'weak'. I'd try to elaborate more, but it's hard to put it into words. I'd still rate it above 'Toy For Love', as that is one of the worst Sinclaire Style tracks ever made, but it's not up there with 'Pull The Trigger', that track retained a modicum of 'strength' which this track could only hope to have. I doubt I will be liking any of 'Bon's' tracks at this rate.
Grade: 1.5/5

3. Wanna Be My Geisha? / Manuel
I may not always be the most ardent supporter of Manuel's tracks, but since his return on 225, his songs just continuously gets better and better with 'Tiger' being one of the best things GGM has ever put out. What I like is that his tracks nowadays have a lot of the elements I like the most in my eurobeat (Epic sounding intro, clever inserts/instruments to 'enhance' the song's impact on the listener and a well played guitar solo in a powerful song is basically my 'weak point'). Not only that, he has his own brand of 'unpredictability' and 'wild-ness' to his melodies that is uniquely his, and I like that. This track has all of that and I totally love the way he sings the last chorus "Do you wanna beeee ... MY GEISHA!". It's not as epic as 'Tiger' per say, but I find myself listening to this track quite a lot. I get excited just thinking what else he has in store for us in future!
Grade : 5/5

4. Just A Love Story / Mela
The melody to this track is simply put : TOO GOOD FOR WORDS! Too bad though, because some schmuckhead apparently decided to fuck it all up by putting in vocaloids or altering the vocalist's vocals to sound like a chipmunk. Damn you Saifam! You ruined what could have been your best female track in a long while!
Grade : 3.5/5

5. The Prey (Crazy Lover) / Daniel & Cherry
Slightly better than Ace & Pamsy's duet, but suffers from exactly the same troubles. I liked the pairing of Rancati and Clara, as they are responsible for singing one of Delta's best duet yet ('Bach Is Back' on 179), but to put this track next to it is incomprehensible. Delta is one of the labels that has the most danger of sounding generic, and they unfortunately did it this time, on a duet no less. I do like the vocal melody, the break at 3:00 onwards, the chorus especially the way Rancati sings "The night, TONIGHT!" at the end of the chorus. I'm passing this as well, because it's Daniel & Cherry but also because it has some decent elements in the track that I like.
Grade : 2.75/5

6. Joker Face / Lucky Boy
Opening of the track sounds like 'Born To Be Wild In My Car'. The good thing about Hi-NRG is that the label has some interesting melodies on this album, some have said that it is 'trance-inspired' or what not. I personally don't know what they're talking about, but I do know that this style of theirs works wonders to my ears. The result is a highly energetic and engaging melody that is both frantic but not totally out of whack like their previous tracks. That being said, I am still not totally sold on F. Malvicino's vocals, with a possibility that it might never happen at all. That being said, I still have to credit the label for being very innovative with their tracks all the time. They deserve a thumbs up just for that.
Grade : 3.75/5

7. Para Para Cannibal (Platinum Mix) / Vicky Vale
This track is easily one, or if not, the most infectious track on the album. Anyone whose heart isn't cold will find it nearly impossible to NOT (or at least have the urge) to sing/move along with this track. I know I am one of those, and one of my favourite 'groove parts' is the synth inserts after every verse ("Para Para Maniac's in me" -dum DUMM, dum DUMM, dum DUMM, dum DUMM-), I may not be a dancer myself but I could imagine inserting many cool moves along with that insert section. The chorus does a good job at climaxing the track (like I said, it's not humanly possible NOT to get the urge to sing along "Para para cannibal this is what i'm looking like, Never full or tired" with the song.). Amidst all this positives, of course, there are flaws, and for me, the synth choice is what I have always been complaining in a Sinclaire Style track, I just ain't the biggest fan of it. I also have a slight gripe with how the song just seems to go completely ape shit with it's sounds from the 3:00 mark, not bad, but it just throws you off a little after you have been swept nicely in the first half of the track. To sum it all up, this is an old track with some minor flaws, but GOOD GOD is it fucking infectious as hell! Someone get it out of my head please!
Grade : 4.75/5

8. With A Little Bit Of True Love / David Dima
Someone's been listening to alot of EDM lately. This track, is simply put, Dima's answer to anyone who has been complaining over the label's lack of inspiration/sounding samey etc. The track seemingly derives heavily from the 'euro' genres floating out there. With a sentimental feel, but never compromising on Dima's trademark strong sound. Autotune is used, and the break is really europop influenced which is even more evidence that that this has a crap ton of 'euro' in it, but it's not a disadvantage. The melody is engaging, energetic and one will definitely fall in love with the seemingly never ending riff. Dima is here to stay guys, and tracks like this is a good showing that he still has what it takes to make memorable eurobeat no matter what his detractors say. In short, I fucking love this track. Go Dima!

9. Baby You'll Be My Lover / Norma Sheffield
The usual stuff from the Aishu queen of eurobeat, not a single dime less, not a single dime more. Nasally sung, heavily accented and treading with a dark and brooding melody about 'her baby' and love etc etc. The Sun Fire style of songmaking is usually the deciding factor, and you either love it or hate it. I am personally am okay but not loving of this track as there's nothing else I said about other Sun Fire Norma track that can't be applied here.

10. Hot Milk / Nikita Jr
The track that is currently the hype due to it's 'suggestive' content depending on how you view it. Putting that crap aside, I said in the 'Joker Face' review that the label went and got a slight paint job for their tracks, which to me, is an advantage because suddenly, all of their tracks sound really good with the so called 'trance-stab'. The whole point of this track is that bubbly, upbeat riff that completely overshadows everything else about this track. The spoken intro also deserves small brownie points as well. Everything else like the vocals and vocal melody is unmistakably Hi-NRG, which usually doesn't get me too excited but this one's actually pretty catchy overall!
Grade : 4/5

11. Full Desire / Rich Hard
'On Your Wings' part two? I'd actually prefer something like 'Fight' though but I am not complaining. First off, I've probably said this like a million times now, but the opening to Sun Fire's male tracks are something I greatly look forward to, and so far, they have yet to disappoint. The opening to this track has some sort of a James Bond feel to it, dark and a good prelude to what's coming up. The melody has been described by many as 'random', 'lacking direction' or 'anti-melodic', but for me, Rich's track has always had some forms of eccentricities in them, and, you could say that I 'enjoy eating bad food' because I genuinely enjoy hearing this track in all of it's 'randomness' and what not. I remember hearing the same kind of complaints when 'Louder & Faster' on 206 was released and I was one of the few people who highly enjoyed the song. Different taste I guess. What I like most about this track are the 'FULL DESIRE!' shout outs during the riffs and the verses especially the part where Rich sings "Don't let me be misunderstood, I'm not a liar!". Overall, this is a really cool sounding track for me.

12. Hey Chicken / Jeff Driller
Nice sounding riff, but I would never have thought I would hear so much cluckings in a single song ever in my life, hurray eurobeat and Hi-NRG. Like 'Joker Face', I don't really like Franz on vocals. Actually, I don't have a high opinion of most of their vocalists except Laura Vox, who has seemingly disappeared. Good melody nonetheless, if Hi-NRG decides to stick with this style of music without the nonsensical themes of drills, chickens and cats (not going to happen I know and frankly, I don't want them to deviate out either as there are people who love that wacky style), I could be one happy Hi-NRG camper.
Grade : 2/5

13. Let Me In / Leslie Parrish
Oh great, this is great! Not too long ago, we got the mind blowingly good 'King Of The Century' and it's so amazing to see that Leslie is back ... with a really boring track. Seriously, I have no idea what else to say, this track is just so ... ugh, I don't know what else to say but I feel like falling asleep everytime I listen to this track. I think I'll go ahead and give 'King Of The Century' a couple more spins before moving on to Ana's track. How did we get here again?
Grade : 1.5/5

14. Bye Bye Love Night / Ana
The feeling of hearing a good spoken intro is really, for the lack of a better, otherwordly. The moment I hear Ana's 'Woahhhh-woah-woah', I immediately have high hopes for this track. In the same Sinclaire Style fashion that I've mentioned a million times before, the only gripe I have is the choice of synth that he uses, but it's not really his fault since that's the label's style, it just means I am not completely a match to his style. Yet, his songwriting skills cannot be discredited as the guy can *mostly* make some really, really memorable melodies. The riff is insane/chaotic and energetic, and I like it. The vocal melodies are great, and Ana sounds like a veteran vocalist but I'm not going to go into a guessing game. Bottomline, I'll probably keep repeating this for every Sinclaire female track, but I question his synth choices but LOVE his melodies and songwriting skills.
Grade : 4.75/5

15. Get Yourself The Real Thing / Lou Master

Good vibrations
Give the right sensations now

This line perfectly sums up every feeling this track will give the listener.

Get yourself the real thing
Can't you see i'm your man, i'm a real thing
Get yourself the real thing
More in heaven

If you replace the word 'man' with 'song', it'd be like the song itself talking to you, and you would be very impressed by it, because it totally fits the bill. This is a REAL DEAL of an eurobeat track, so what took it so long for it to get released? This is a classical example of a 'power' style testoterone filled male SCP eurobeat track. Blasting this track aloud on a busy street will turn everyone into a dancing machine, if you haven't already attracted the cops that is, but then even the cops will dance to this, because it's so bloody infectious. The melody is extremely catchy, and has a really strong beat. It's also so in your face full of 'masculine energy' that it's hard to stop the momentum after you start listening to it. Lou's vocals are dearly missed as he fits this track so well (more of this and less of 'Boys' please). In short, this is a song that you won't be able to stop listening after only once, you will keep on wanting to hear it more and more, till it consumes your mind and your day will be nothing but thoughts about this track. I highly recommend not listening if your attention needs to be on work or you're driving on a busy street!

Top three (First two are a tie) :
1. With A Little Bit Of True Love / David Dima
2. Get Yourself The Real Thing / Lou Master
3. Full Desire / Rich Hard

Honorable Mention(s) :
1. Wanna Be My Geisha? / Manuel
2. Bye Bye Love Night / Ana
3. Para Para Cannibal (Platinum Mix) / Vicky Vale (I cannot exclude this, I just can't :D)
4. Hi-NRG Attack for their interesting melodies this time round!

Bottom three :
1. Let Me In / Leslie Parrish
2. Music In Action / Bon
3. Hey Chicken! / Jeff Driller

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 27 Oct 2014, 14:42

WNight wrote:4. Just A Love Story / Mela
The melody to this track is simply put : TOO GOOD FOR WORDS! Too bad though, because some schmuckhead apparently decided to fuck it all up by putting in vocaloids or altering the vocalist's vocals to sound like a chipmunk. Damn you Saifam! You ruined what could have been your best female track in a long while!
Vocals are just hyped artificially - no idea why, and it doesn't really bother me tbh - but if you have any common audio editing programs and you reduce the pitch by between 15-20%, it sounds a lot better. I think it's the best track that the label has had on SEB in a long long time, but I fear that it's a temporary moment of genius (and yes, I know that it's just re-write and re-hash of that Danny Rock track whose name escapes me right now...)

I'll grab this album when it appears on iTunes - busy for now anyway, but encouraged to see such good reviews ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Oct 2014, 08:39

the_ditz
Vocals are just hyped artificially - no idea why, and it doesn't really bother me tbh - but if you have any common audio editing programs and you reduce the pitch by between 15-20%, it sounds a lot better.
That's actually on my todo list. With normal vocals that song could be at least 9, cuz of its classic style melodies. BTW 15-20% means nothing to me. Talk to me in negative numbers like a technics turn table. would a negative -7 suffice or should I go lower? Those vocals are really hyped. I think they would sound more apt for the song's style if they sounded more like Milk & Coffee - "My Heart & My Soul" or Sara - "Cause The Night"

crawf
Bad Bad Bad

Post by crawf » 28 Oct 2014, 23:55

I swear thats Siri at the start of Bye Bye Love Night / Ana :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Oct 2014, 07:48

two revamped vinyls for Sinclaire hits and two new ones. Review comming soon.