The "I'd love this song if it weren't for..." thre

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

The "I'd love this song if it weren't for..." thre

Post by Mindsweeper » 10 Jul 2015, 19:27

Ever hear a song that was super rad, had you jammin', SO READY to load up onto the mp3 player...but then was ruined by one detail you couldn't get over? Let's complain together!

Cat's Eye - E-rotic (Ventura Mix)

Catchy as fuck, awesome riff. I would be bopping my head to this right now if it weren't for the way she sings in the verses. I have a major pet-peeve about singers who do that moany, crackly voice thing when they sing. (I believe the proper term is "vocal fry") Luckily for me, eurobeat is mostly devoid of that style of singing. Mostly...

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Jul 2015, 19:35

Lolita-Heart Attack

Nice beat, nice riff, excellent chorus, absolutely hate the word choice: You'll be my scrambled eggs.

That kills it for me.

Vinylyarou
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Vinylyarou » 10 Jul 2015, 19:36

Almost every Norma song, because of her accent. :ew:
Latest simfile:

Previous Eurobeat simfiles: Iron Man - Mark Astley [Delta Music Industry]/ Self Control - Laura Branigan [Atlantic Records]

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 10 Jul 2015, 20:06

Almost all Futura recent works because of obvious reasons

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 11 Jul 2015, 02:06

Almost all songs below 4 minutes (not including pre-187 18 track edits) because well, I'm anal about song length.

"Magic Car / Powerful T" and the more recent "Warriors On The Road / Manuel" comes to mind. Has all the potential to be epic, but wasn't meant to be.
Last edited by WNight on 11 Jul 2015, 07:19, edited 3 times in total.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 11 Jul 2015, 02:33

Ooooh yeah, this too.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Jul 2015, 08:28

This used to happen to me alot at first when TIME records introduced those techno effcets into thier intros. I would say around the mid 90s or so. I gradually started accepting them, but there are still some that sound outta place and sidetrack the song ; a bit,too much.

biggest example for me would be. Victoria - Give Me The Night (TIME)great song but that intro just sounds so outta place.

Francis Cooper - Baby Don't Tell Me Why(HRG Attack) ANother great one by one of my fav labels, but again, that Intro and break were just so odd sounding and clashed with the rest of the song.

Doctor Groove - Cowboy (radiorama Records)
This one has some annoying "whoo yeah" effects in the backround, throught the whole song. reminding me of 90s house music. Could never love the song cause of that effect. Even though its sung by Gino Caria.

AbeatC Mr. Groove- Take My Heart Again the Intro and Mid Break seemed rather strong for the rest of the song's atmosphere.

David Kane - Stargate To Heaven(akyr) Epic song, but the intro gets kinda sidetracked by those yellouts . His vocals sound so off on the song.

and the classic one by SCP SEB All Stars - SEB 4-U I went as far as to remix the song and discard of Dee jJy Boss part entirely.

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 11 Jul 2015, 09:42

drnrg wrote: Victoria - Give Me The Night (TIME)great song but that intro just sounds so outta place.
And also Energy Girls / Gipsy & Queen, but rather okay for my taste.
drnrg wrote:Doctor Groove - Cowboy (radiorama Records)
This one has some annoying "whoo yeah" effects in the backround, throught the whole song. reminding me of 90s house music. Could never love the song cause of that effect.
Also, Love Me Too / Mela has those annoying effects, even though it is a bit aishu.

1991 was the worst year for that label and FCF Records because of annoying house sound effects saturated on the tracks. For example, Come Back My Lover / Radiorama has some annoying "*thump* Roberto" house effect on the intro and mid-break.
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 11 Jul 2015, 14:57

The worst is when another totally opposite genre is mixing with a dance beat, unfortunately in my favorite label A.Beat-C. Most arrangements in Powerful T., J. Storm etc. were completely deprived dance, vivacious, lively details. Except A.Beat-C./Sun Fire I prefer any other labels since 2000, include fresh, modern beat without this terrifying rock, metal scream. I think should be some limit, even artist privately prefers another genre, but produces something else.

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 11 Jul 2015, 22:25

Last edited by Markos on 15 Apr 2016, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Jul 2015, 05:43

Calla_Maranatha wrote:
drnrg wrote: Victoria - Give Me The Night (TIME)great song but that intro just sounds so outta place.
And also Energy Girls / Gipsy & Queen, but rather okay for my taste.
This one has some annoying "whoo yeah" effects in the backround, throught the whole song. reminding me of 90s house music. Could never love the song cause of that effect.
Also, Love Me Too / Mela has those annoying effects, even though it is a bit aishu.

1991 was the worst year for that label and FCF Records because of annoying house sound effects saturated on the tracks. For example, Come Back My Lover / Radiorama has some annoying "*thump* Roberto" house effect on the intro and mid-break.
That "Energy Girls" song is a perfect example. The synth riff was rather annoying and sounded more like scribbling than anything melodic.

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 12 Jul 2015, 09:06

Some songs with annoying pitched-up vocals, especially from Oceania and Mela. Also some Saifam songs with Rachael Doran's pitched-high ones.

Examples:
Hot Night / VIP Girls
Bazooka Girl / Bazooka Girl
Little Lover / Debbie Key
Learning Love / Oceania
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 13 Jul 2015, 18:25

I remember when I first heard that song on the radio. It was a very disappointing part of the song, but yet... the song is so great, I still like to listen to it. I share your sentiments.
Calla_Maranatha wrote:1991 was the worst year for that label and FCF Records because of annoying house sound effects saturated on the tracks. For example, Come Back My Lover / Radiorama has some annoying "*thump* Roberto" house effect on the intro and mid-break.
True... same for an otherwise great song Antonella - Babe I Love You. Funny thing: the 'Original Mix' on Loading Bay records didn't include the house beat sections of 'the rebound club mix'!

Luckily, FCF produced some great songs in true hi energy style that year, such as Captain Hook - Bomber and Alphatown - Body Rock.
drnrg wrote:That "Energy Girls" song is a perfect example. The synth riff was rather annoying and sounded more like scribbling than anything melodic.
At first, I didn't like the riff at all, but the rest of the song was good. I played the song so many times, I'm not bothered by the riff anymore. In a way, it's rather good :P

Songs I consider destroyed because of an annoying part are:

King Kong & D.Jungle Girls - Love & American Dollars
Most parts of the song are excellent. Giancarlo produced a true King Kong style song after Farina left. But the lyrics of the chorus are too annoying! The way he sings the chorus is still very good. It's just the words I don't like.

Alexis - Up All Night
A very cheerful song, but that shaky synth riff is unbearable!

Gino Caria - Nobody Knows
This song is rather listenable but those 2 unlimited parts should have been left out.

A detail that didn't really ruin songs but felt rather lazy, was Newfield rehashing old riff or chorus melodies in his early Delta songs, like Burning Like A Flame (Everytime You Want), Too Cool To Fall In Love (All Your Love), Energy Love (Bad Power intro), Doctor Love (Boom Boom Dollar), Saturday Night (Mad Girl).

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Jul 2015, 05:32

jeurobeat wrote:

Gino Caria - Nobody Knows
This song is rather listenable but those 2 unlimited parts should have been left out.
Could you explain that one in more detail. Not familiar with 2 Unlimited, so don't know what you mean? Or maybe name the song so I can look it up on youtube and compare?

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 14 Jul 2015, 06:27

drnrg wrote:
jeurobeat wrote:Gino Caria - Nobody Knows
Could you explain that one in more detail. Not familiar with 2 Unlimited, so don't know what you mean? Or maybe name the song so I can look it up on youtube and compare?
I should probably say 2 Unlimited-like parts (not the melody, but the techno synth in the 2nd verse and break sounds alike). I can't remember exactly which song, I think it was No Limit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM5W7Xn7FiA
At that time, I thought it was a bit out of place in Gino's song.