Super Eurobeat 236

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 22 Oct 2015, 18:06

mila wrote:I believe a large portion of the money they are getting from eurobeat nowadays comes from "illegal" streaming on YouTube.
You can have the right. However the problems for artists were started since when everything became easier available. Your choice and possibilities are incredible free, you can have each song without consequences, paying nothing. I don't want to be here some a strange teacher, who has always another opinion, but only on desires neither artists won't survive in the very hard economical times. Probably noone cares for such cases, because being the fan of new music, you can change it anytime for many others genres.

My actually first review of new SEB after premiere will be very short and average.

Sun Fire I just skip to be more objective.

David Dima, even as I know is the youngest from the old Eurobeat generation, nice adapted his creation to the current music.

Patty K., Irene and Cherry also made a pleasure for my ears.

The rest surely doesn't match to my taste and taste from all people well remember classical Eurobeat, lightest, gentle, catching emotions A.Beat-C., Time style. They are just more or less wild comparing with new A.Beat-C. after 2000 and I guess it was always the main difference and the reason of closure modern SEB only for japanese market, because 5/6 labels have no chances to be valued as the worldwide dance, electronic music and have no chances for return the old fans to Eurobeat.

Of course, better is that situation, than absolutely stoppage SEB releasing.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Oct 2015, 19:17

...and I thought the trancier sound of My Last Breath Of Love would kill the song for my most people. Guess not.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 22 Oct 2015, 20:33

Crockett wrote: You can have the right. However the problems for artists were started since when everything became easier available. Your choice and possibilities are incredible free, you can have each song without consequences, paying nothing. I don't want to be here some a strange teacher, who has always another opinion, but only on desires neither artists won't survive in the very hard economical times. Probably noone cares for such cases, because being the fan of new music, you can change it anytime for many others genres.

(…) after 2000 and I guess it was always the main difference and the reason of closure modern SEB only for japanese market, because 5/6 labels have no chances to be valued as the worldwide dance, electronic music and have no chances for return the old fans to Eurobeat.

Of course, better is that situation, than absolutely stoppage SEB releasing.
Most eurobeat hardcore fans will stick to the genre regardless, it is a small fanbase but it does exist. Will all those people's money be enough to maintain the main 8 labels making their music? I don't think so. What can be done then? For example: for the fans, to spread the word - more people, more money, at least in an ideal world; for the labels, to make it avaliable in many places, formats and prices (also spread the word lol). Unfortunately, they are bond to big Avex (the ones that are not, make poor advertising work). So? Is it only internet's fault that everything went to sh*t? I know that so much can be done for eurobeat, even today, I myself do many things (just out of love! I wish I could make money with that hahahaha) and I see how niche it is! But wow, if even smaller music genres can survive piracy and such, why won't eurobeat (which was once almighty and adored by a whole country!!) survive it? Super Eurobeat series is stuck in the 1990's and it must be one of the reasons why it's going downhill(??) that and the Japan's exclusivity… They don't make it easy for people to buy it, on the contrary! Are they trying to bury themselves or what???

Wow, this got long but… well, it is my opinion, you can take it as you want. The good ol' discussion… will it ever have a solution?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Oct 2015, 04:38

Lebon14 wrote:...and I thought the trancier sound of My Last Breath Of Love would kill the song for my most people. Guess not.
I must be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get a transe vibe from the song. Then again; I don't listen to transe, so..Lucky again.

Anyway Clara was nice enuff to stop by my studio pose for the new vinyl. :wink:

Cherry - My Last Breath Of Love (Delta)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 26 Oct 2015, 06:01

Best songs are Heartbeat Song, Bring Me Into Your Life, Dancing Lover, and Crazy All Night. The rest are no good.

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 26 Oct 2015, 10:35

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 27 Oct 2015, 19:25

Best songs are Heartbeat Song, Bring Me Into Your Life, Dancing Lover, and Crazy All Night. The rest are no good.
You mean: the rest are not to my taste...?

Not all songs are to my taste either. However I think this is a very good album.

My absolute favorites: Cherry and Latina.
Honorable mention: Dr Wesson & Mr Smith 8)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Oct 2015, 21:07

Tiger wrote:Best songs are Heartbeat Song, Bring Me Into Your Life, Dancing Lover, and Crazy All Night. The rest are no good.
Get your ears tuned! :P

Duds: Lollipop Girl , Heartbeat Song, Hot Bikini

Sparklers: Tell Me, Bring Me To Your Life, Here Comes The Sun, Bang Bang Love, Games We Play

Fireworks!!!: Dr. Wesson and Mr. Smith, My Last Breath of Love, Fly With Me Tonight, 1 Piece of The Action, Dancing Lover, Crazy All Night, Feel The Power of Rock

Honorable Mentions:
Clara Maroni: Where have you been the past few volumes??! Such a refreshing track!
Kaory...Whoa! So much more power than her last track.
Futura: Track had such a great structure!
Latina: No idea what she's yelling, but that's what I love about it, and it's so stompy!

Great album! Let's just hope it holds up to the 4 month wait for 237!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 29 Oct 2015, 01:54

Cherry's song shines through the most on this album with the long length time and since it seems that Delta found a more "updated" sound to their old formula with this song.

Many other great songs on this album as well make it hard to say what is 2nd and 3rd best, etc.

Very very strong album to say the least :!:

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 31 Oct 2015, 04:55

One thing I've noticed is....the mastering volume of this addition is somewhat clouded. It's like, I can keep turning it up, but the vocals/instruments never become crisp. Who masters these CDs?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 31 Oct 2015, 16:22

Bonkers wrote:One thing I've noticed is....the mastering volume of this addition is somewhat clouded. It's like, I can keep turning it up, but the vocals/instruments never become crisp. Who masters these CDs?
I know for a fact that Delta doesn't master that track very loud but not very silent either. I know that Matteo Rizzi hates loudness war has much as me and you. However, Avex make it loud for the CD. :( SCP is already pretty darn loud but a little bit less than the SEB CD. For the other labels, I can't really say.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 01 Nov 2015, 21:25

Lebon14 wrote:
Bonkers wrote:One thing I've noticed is....the mastering volume of this addition is somewhat clouded. It's like, I can keep turning it up, but the vocals/instruments never become crisp. Who masters these CDs?
I know for a fact that Delta doesn't master that track very loud but not very silent either. I know that Matteo Rizzi hates loudness war has much as me and you. However, Avex make it loud for the CD. :( SCP is already pretty darn loud but a little bit less than the SEB CD. For the other labels, I can't really say.
Remember, that probably new SEB CDs have much worse sound quality than everything before 2000, even you can't recognize it by your ears. And already since many years the only one trend during final production is to raise the volume sacrificing quality.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 Nov 2015, 22:44

Crockett wrote:Remember, that probably new SEB CDs have much worse sound quality than everything before 2000, even you can't recognize it by your ears. And already since many years the only one trend during final production is to raise the volume sacrificing quality.
Mid 1990's with Avex, dear friend. Oh and, believe me, I know about that! And I'm against it. Full throttle. Dynamic range FTW!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 Nov 2015, 02:40

I disagree...pre-2000 SEBs have horrible mastering in regards to new volumes. Like, on SEB 72, "Love in New York City" is so low in volume. When I buy Happy Hardcore CDs from the UK, all the tracks sound the same volume, and the mastering is crisp!

Most new SEBs have decent mastering, I just wish the tracks themselves were produced at a louder volume.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Nov 2015, 05:30

It's funny you guys mention about the quality of SEB nowadays being worse compared to the sound of 90s.

I noticed the same thing happen to the vinyl quality compared from 1990s to 2000s. The 2000s was just aweful, but probly due to the same loudness matering of the music.

This was especially noticable with the HRG Attack vinyls.

Nothing beats the old crisp sound of 90s.