Brass Variants Comparison

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Brass Variants Comparison

Post by KoolKool » 11 Dec 2015, 03:43

someone have spend so much free time to make this video! thank to uploader! lol!

this video shows us eurobeat Brass from different patches and different users

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAuRN5NUs0

highly entertaining video! :wink:

any thought? :)
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 11 Dec 2015, 16:30

Interesting! I might have to reference the video to try to remake some of the patches in Synth1. The ones that aren't for Synth1 to begin with anyways. Totaly gonna hit up the Synth1 ones, though. Thanks for posting,

Also, a translation of the description if anyone's interested (Its not really anything of incidence):

Nice to meet you all. Dea here.

I made a video comparing different eurobeat brasses.
Its one refrain that repeats 53 times, so proceed with caution.
Thanks to those who participated in the video.

To skip the intro, start at 1:41.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Dec 2015, 19:10

Man, that riff! It's non-stop riffage! I wish I could have a WAV for this, lol.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

ProjectBeat
Bad Bad Bad

Post by ProjectBeat » 16 Dec 2015, 01:05

Thanks for sharing this!
I've been trying to recompile every brass sound featured in this video.
But I'm still missing a few yet.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 16 Dec 2015, 15:56

Can't beat JD800 brass,but VST can go into other directions to create something more unique.....and still higher quality than sample exported from hardware :)

the Massive and Sylenth1 brass patches sound quite bad,need more tweaking! :???:
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 Jan 2016, 04:25

Eurgh. My "startingbrass" was dreadful. I need to release one of my newer ones soon.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B

Post by Gabriel C Media » 21 Jan 2016, 05:35

Hey, that's a fun video! ^__^

Just passing by; I wouldn't mind sharing my brass if there was another one of those made! ^^

https://clyp.it/pfvsgtxw

^ Here's an example of my own brass, since you guys love showing them :P. Depending on the track, it'll usually be modified. Maybe delay or something else depending on what it's about. The same 'core' brass though is usually the same :). Of course, these examples are totally unmixed, so they won't sound as clean and compressed as they would in a track.
Last edited by Gabriel C Media on 25 Jan 2016, 06:07, edited 2 times in total.

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 24 Jan 2016, 22:50

I wish I could get a small midi demo of how the brass pitch bend /modulation goes I never seem to get it right.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 26 Jan 2016, 10:33

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 26 Jan 2016, 11:50

Markos wrote:I wish I could get a small midi demo of how the brass pitch bend /modulation goes I never seem to get it right.

i got...alots midi demo..lol! pitch bend and vibrato,try mountain shape on note.... until it sounds right to you...

i made a brass patch on sylenth1 before,still on experimenting stage,have to work more,highly potential! (one problem that Sylenth1 bugged on 64bit system,i wonder if any better fix coming out now?)

@Gabriel: nice man,work good for pony!
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B

Post by Gabriel C Media » 29 Jan 2016, 03:43

KoolKool wrote:
Markos wrote:I wish I could get a small midi demo of how the brass pitch bend /modulation goes I never seem to get it right.

i got...alots midi demo..lol! pitch bend and vibrato,try mountain shape on note.... until it sounds right to you...

i made a brass patch on sylenth1 before,still on experimenting stage,have to work more,highly potential! (one problem that Sylenth1 bugged on 64bit system,i wonder if any better fix coming out now?)

@Gabriel: nice man,work good for pony!
Thanks, man! It's nice to have the sound-design part of Eurobeat down for a good long while. I can just focus on my arrangements and slowly watch them improve :D .

Eurobeat won't be the only style I do by any means (it already isn't ^u^); but if demand is strong enough, I wouldn't mind doing a little sample pack down the road if people grow to enjoy my work. Of course, it'll be free since I know Eurobeat sounds are hard to find and it wouldn't be right to charge people :).