Anthony McBazooka's Eurobeat YouTube channel

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Anthony McBazooka's Eurobeat YouTube channel

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 06 Jan 2016, 12:33

I started a YouTube channel for my Eurobeat project Anthony McBazooka a few weeks ago. I going to upload at least 1 video every week. There will be three series of videos – 1. Eurobeat covers of songs I like (or find interesting as a Eurobeat song), 2. Acoustic covers of Eurobeat classics and of course 3. videos of my original Eurobeat songs. You can find the channel here.

These are the videos I made so far:

Survivor – Eye of the TIiger (Eurobeat cover)

Cyndi Lauper – Kindred Spirit / I Drove All Night (Eurobeat cover)

I will keep this thread updated with the latest videos. Please let me know what you think about the songs. ^_~

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 06 Jan 2016, 12:39

Hope you keep at it dude, eurobeat needs as many people as it can get
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 07 Jan 2016, 16:10

I will!

Here is the newest video:

Indochine – L'aventurier (Eurobeat Cover)

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 09 Jan 2016, 15:23

Eye of the tiger I like 8)

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 12 Jan 2016, 05:10

Liking your stuff!! The Eye of the Tiger and the Cyndi Lauper covers are great, full of energy for sure!!! I would suggest bumping up the vocals a little louder in my opinion, but hey it's a start and it's already a great one. :grin: Subscribed! :D

Also, are you considering releasing original material sometime? Just thought it'd be nice to ask. :)

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 12 Jan 2016, 18:48

Galaxian Recordings wrote:Also, are you considering releasing original material sometime? Just thought it'd be nice to ask. :)
Anthony already released an own album on Bandcamp. You should definitely check it out. :wink:

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 12 Jan 2016, 21:38

KiraTM wrote:
Galaxian Recordings wrote:Also, are you considering releasing original material sometime? Just thought it'd be nice to ask. :)
Anthony already released an own album on Bandcamp. You should definitely check it out. :wink:
That is amazing!! I'm gonna check it out for sure! :grin:

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 13 Jan 2016, 04:38

Anthony McBazooka, very good album! Just played it back on Bandcamp!

Really liking Speed of Light, could see this as a eurobeat anthem! Also like a lot of other tracks for example Get Along and Story is Real! The production values and the tunes itself seem to have quite the variety! :D Especially the orchestration, C64 SID sounds, and over 170 BPM in Return to Snake Mountain!

Your vocals sound amazing, very strong and powerful! :D The mixing of the vocals vary, but it's generally decent. Sometimes a little too reverberated, muddy and quiet but otherwise they're pretty clear.

Anyways, I could tell you have put a lot of work and energy into this.. Solid talent ^~^

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 14 Jan 2016, 12:34

And here is the next one. Not the one I wanted to do first but I think there is no need to further explain why I had to make a song by David Bowie.

David Bowie – Hallo Spaceboy (Eurobeat homage)

@ Galaxian Recordings

I'm happy that you like my songs. I wrote the songs on the album on Bandcamp between 2006 and 2014, so of course there should a very huge development between my earlier and later songs.

Oh, and I will also review your songs as soon as I got some time.

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 14 Jan 2016, 14:16

Liked and commented! :D Man this is very well done, oh and nice mixing on the vocals too!

Wow, 9 years to develop this album? :!: That is indeed an incredible amount of development man!

And nice, I'm looking forward to your critique at anytime! Absoultely no rushie. ^_^

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 14 Jan 2016, 14:21

Took me a while to get around to listening to the tracks. I really like the synths you're using. The overall structure is really strong! I also enjoy the vocals a whole lot, really interested to hear more original content. Or alternatively more classic tracks in eurobeat form. There's something very... DJ Command'y about your tracks.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 14 Jan 2016, 15:33

@ Galaxian Recordings

When I discovered Eurobeat in 2006 and tried to get that sound, the songs sounded more like very fast Italo Disco. It took me a long time to develop that typical Eurobeat sound. Maybe I'll upload the first version of Speed of Light in the next days. The song was my very first try to compose a Eurobeat song.

@ Bore

I already have some musical ideas for new original songs. Now I need some ideas for lyrics.
Fun fact: I didn't know DJ Command until recently. All my inspiration came from the Super Eurobeat, Eurobeat Flash and Euromach compilations.
But now I listened to DJ Command and well … I like it. ^_^

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 14 Jan 2016, 16:30

That's awesome, you've came quite far throughout these 10 years of making eurobeat. :D Yeah it usually does take time to find your initial sound, as it has taken me a while myself though I've discovered eurobeat much later in 2013 when I found Odyssey's channel (he inspired me to do eurobeat actually). ;) Later on I discovered 80s italo, Super Eurobeat, Eurobeat Flash and then shortly after I tried my first attempt at italo disco which in fact will be remastered with raps and vocals. Aside from that, I do look forward to that very first version of Speed of Light whenever you post it! :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Jan 2016, 06:49

So In had a chance to check some of these out. The "Eye Of The Tiger" cover is great. Sounds like something Fastway could of came up with himself. I like your high vocals a lot more as they are used towards the end of the song.

I remember Indochine from my trip to Europe back in 86. I was in high school. "Tes Yeux Noirs" was one of my favs from that year. That one would also sound good in Eurobeat fashion. "L'aventurier" really has a great Eurobeat melody to follow too.

Keep it up. The synths; which are an essential part of Eurobeat are my favorite aspect of your music.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 15 Jan 2016, 16:44

Anthony McBazooka wrote:Maybe I'll upload the first version of Speed of Light in the next days. The song was my very first try to compose a Eurobeat song.
I still have this version as "self-made recorded-from-soundcard" recording. :P
I actually used to listen to it quite often, even when I thought the project McBazooka was dead. :D