Super Eurobeat 238

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 21 Apr 2016, 09:38

Last edited by xiao on 25 Jan 2018, 02:10, edited 4 times in total.
🪐

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 21 Apr 2016, 11:11

I won't make discussions like that anymore and I edited all my posts that had nothing to do with my self-advertising or generally making Eurobeat.
I also won't continue my self-advertising in this forum but I'll continue discussions about making Eurobeat.
Last edited by Anthony McBazooka on 21 Apr 2016, 11:58, edited 3 times in total.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Apr 2016, 11:12

The captcha works fine, except for a few bots who are obviously into eurobeat that manage to get through! And welcome on board you wacko! I haven't seen Newfield for a while, but it's always possible that he lurks about.

I feel deceived by cdjapan. They only sent my 238 today and it's usually always sent way in advance. Me needs meh Lolita dosage.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 21 Apr 2016, 12:12

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 21 Apr 2016, 17:13

Okay, I edited my salty post and make things better now hahahahaha
mila wrote:editing my 2 salty cents 'cus I have some fucks to give after listening to it fully

01. HERO / KEN MARTIN :???:
A good idea, but it didn't work, it seems
02. I WANNA BE A STAR / LOLITA <3 <3
Hands down, the best eurobeat-hybrid song I've heard in ages. Sensational. Holy Fucking Shit, my ears have been blessed with the song of the awesome. Only down side is the length.
03. BOOM BOOM BOOSTER / TORA :|
Skipped
04. FORBIDDEN LOVE / CHERRY :|
Skipped, although still loving Delta
05. I'LL NEVER BREAK / ACE :)
Cute, very trance-ish though, but it fits Christian's voice. Again the length is problematic, the song seems to end suddenly.
06. FIREGUN / VICKY VALE :P
Very catchy, especially the chorus, but repetitive.
07. DO YOU REMEMBER? / ALEKY :grin:
Damn, the first 10 seconds made this song for me, fucking amazing. Dima presses all my buttons just right.
08. BLAT THE TRUMPET / JEFF DRILLER :!:
Damn! This song really uplifts the mood! The voice samples, the heavy accent, it's all there. The trumpet!! Hahahahahaha
09. BABY BABY / CIAO CIAO :)
Nice riff and the heavy melody is really attractive, the chorus is great. A solid instrumental that exalts Elisabetta's voice in a very charming way.
10. SHOOT! / DAVID DIMA :D
(didn't edit this because the feeling is the same, but I shall add that this song gave me the feels)#HugDima I prefer his upbeat songs, but any Dima song is good song so I'll suck it up.
11. WALK IN THE SUNSHINE / LILLY :D
It reminds me of some of their ~2009 works. The building to chorus is very nice. Everything rhymes and there's nothing out of place. Really like the vocal part in the bridge, despite being short. HRG being HRG and doing great hahaha
12. FUN / JAGER <3
(didn't edit again, but I shall add that this song gave me the biggest eurobeat boner) Amazing song, amazing voice, SCP never disappoints.
13. KISS AGAIN / LES, ANA & ROBERTA :grin:
Nice one! I prefer when Sinclaire Style goes this steady, think it has to do with Roberta songs. And three vocalists? Man, that's great! (Who is the contralto from these three? Dude, it gave me chills!)
14. ALL OVER ME / PAMSY <3
(didn't edit again, but I shall add that this song gave me another eurobeat boner) Amazing song, amazing voice, SCP never disappoints.
15. HYSTERIA / MANUEL :wink:
Manuel is a wonderful composer, producer and writer, his voice is amazing beyond words but yeah, this song sound pretty confusing at some parts haha
Terrible album, as usual :???:
6/10 would not buy...
Not all that terrible
after a good, calm, listen it became a solid 8.5/10

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 21 Apr 2016, 17:38

I love the happy Mila, not the salty one. Glad to see you in good spirits today. And I have the same feelings about the songs as you do! <3

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 21 Apr 2016, 18:28

mila wrote: 02. I WANNA BE A STAR / LOLITA <3 <3
Hands down, the best eurobeat-hybrid song I've heard in ages. Sensational. Holy Fucking Shit, my ears have been blessed with the song of the awesome. Only down side is the length.

I'm hoping for an extended to be released sometime soon.
The lyrics are just so well written.

It wouldn't be too much for me to say the best Lolita song in the 200's. PERIOD.

All the SCP songs are also my favs in this album after the Lolita's "I Wanna Be A Star". I agree that they are way too short though and leave me yearning for more. That is their only downfall, and so I hope to hear them in extended one day soon.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 21 Apr 2016, 18:48

There's something just genius about that Lolita song...I think I have few thoughts about it.

1) New synths and feel for the melody that we haven't seen in quite a while for GGM.

2) The lyrics aren't just your "love" "desire"...blah blah. The lyrical effort reminds me of the English versions of "Body Feels Exit" and "Fleeting Love". I commend the writer for doing something different!

3) She feels more at home signing here than in "It's Raining Love", for sure.

I'm sure someone will gripe about how this isn't eurobeat enough....u_u...shoo...go away! This is a good beat and beautiful vocals from Gobbi!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 21 Apr 2016, 19:15

Half the album is not eurobeat, if we take it to the eurobeat standards of what's eurobeat

I could care less, it's a different kind of amazing, and refreshing as fuck

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Apr 2016, 19:30

I was going to keep myself from being spoiled in advance, but had to listen to the Lolita song from youtube and daaaamn. The style is so refreshing and funky! Elena's voice sounds really lush and lively on this track, it compliments the slightly slower pace perfectly. Definitely a great addition to her already impressive array of hits.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 21 Apr 2016, 21:10

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 21 Apr 2016, 22:28

para_rigby wrote:There's something just genius about that Lolita song...I think I have few thoughts about it.

1) New synths and feel for the melody that we haven't seen in quite a while for GGM.
The synths are very innovative and as others have said it, I couldn't care less if people don't like it and only want the traditional eurobeat. I love traditional eurobeat, and always will, but this song brings the change GoGo needed. I'm hoping she will make more appearances soon, since I can't wait to hear more from her!

True fans let the eurobeat producers do as they want to explore freely, even if they get bad feedback by the old schoolers. That's the way how I see it.

mila wrote:I could care less, it's a different kind of amazing, and refreshing as fuck
I second that :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Apr 2016, 05:12

As always Delta and HRG Attack are the highlights for me. This includes Sinclaire Style.

Ode to Cherry for the best track on the compilation. I think this picture I found of Clara captures the title perfectly while still lookingclassy

Forbidden Love

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Apr 2016, 17:45

xiao wrote:Regarding FireGun...

Bloody brilliant! Although quite the loopy repetition'er as Mila mentioned~

You know I wouldn't put it past Delta to have made an undercover collabo with Sugano, hence the name Sugarini. Yep, Sugawara has nothing to do with Italian surname Sugarini but... everyone's now online & at this point in 2016 even caged hamsters have high-speed internet.

As much as people dislike Delta for their inconsistency & commercial approach to music production, they're probably one of the very few innovators in the Eurobeat world along with Dima. Delta had Sinclaire, then Newfield, now the genius Rizzi. They gave Travis a go with his mega-hit The Top, and Luca's been on fire ever since Super Rider so...

If Sugawara is indeed Sugarini, which by all intents & purposes really sounds like something out of a Densha de D soundtrack... hats off to Capaldi! I'm back in the early 2000's watching that Japanese cartoon about drifting mountain jalopies~ :D &#9834;

Personal thoughts on Lolita's track: Oh yesss! It has a very disco~swing feel to it, like something from a Hannah Montana Beat Tunes disc. Probably the most dance'able song out of 238. DJ Loli's dropping that bass on the dance floor like woah! :!: &#9835;

One more point... Blat the Trumpet ...oh god, YES! Thank you! This could easily be in a New DDR game & I'd dance my loony butts to it all night long... do they still make DDR's...? xD
Does the booklet says "Sugarini" only or is it "Masahiro 'Sugarini' Sugawara" like you wrote in your music files? If it only says the former, it does not prove that it's Sugano.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 22 Apr 2016, 19:50

mila wrote:13. KISS AGAIN / LES, ANA & ROBERTA :grin:
Nice one! I prefer when Sinclaire Style goes this steady, think it has to do with Roberta songs. And three vocalists? Man, that's great! (Who is the contralto from these three? Dude, it gave me chills!)
Les. Ana is most prominent on the bridge and Roberta/Megan/Tora is most prominent in the chorus.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania