Super Eurobeat 238

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 22 Apr 2016, 21:20

WNight wrote:(…) to those who look down on modern eurobeat, give this album a go. 8)
This, except that this album is exactly a no go for purists. Truth to be told, it sounds even farther from eurobeat. I'm not complaining, it's good to see old producers keep with works so diverse and, yes, fresh. But I completely understand why some people will listen to this and frown (as I did, on my first listen).

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Apr 2016, 00:26

mila wrote:Truth to be told, it sounds even farther from eurobeat.
WTF. It's pure Eurobeat! Time changes, sound changes too. Get over it or quit listening to modern Eurobeat. That's it, that's all.

Got a preliminary listen earlier. Got amazing vibes. Will play the compilation on Audiosurf in about 20min. Can't wait to have a full listen experience.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 23 Apr 2016, 02:09

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Apr 2016, 02:18

mila wrote:
WNight wrote:(…) to those who look down on modern eurobeat, give this album a go. 8)
This, except that this album is exactly a no go for purists. Truth to be told, it sounds even farther from eurobeat. I'm not complaining, it's good to see old producers keep with works so diverse and, yes, fresh. But I completely understand why some people will listen to this and frown (as I did, on my first listen).
I kinda agree to a point.
I really only LOVE ,but really love, the more sophisticated oldschool tracks from HRG Attack, Sinclaire and Delta and the Saifam track. Dima is pretty cool too. The rest is too modern for me.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 23 Apr 2016, 03:11

Lebon14 wrote:It's pure Eurobeat! Time changes, sound changes too. Get over it or quit listening to modern Eurobeat. That's it, that's all

Did you even read the rest of my post… …?

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 23 Apr 2016, 04:15

Honestly, 236-238 have been great examples of the push for fresh sounds. I hate that the tempo of tracks has capped at 160bpm instead of pushing for speedier tracks in the mix, but I'll take the 150+bpm. Best of 2016 is shaping up to look pretty good, with a large collection of tracks to choose from : 236-239 & 241. But that also means we'll have to wait 4 months for new material between 241 (October) & 241 (Feb 2017).

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 23 Apr 2016, 07:40

I thought this album was pretty good.
Songs that I liked

Ken Martin-Hero
Cherry-Forbidden Love > that song style sounds very familiar =o I dig it
Vicky Vale - Fire Gun
Aleky - Do You Remember <like her voice a lot
Jeff Driller - Blat the trumpet <sound tight cool groove
jager - fun
L-A-R - Kiss again <this song keeps growing on me more and more. That gritty/strong gal voice (...release my desire) kicks ass.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Apr 2016, 08:31

That's the great thing about the continuation of Super Eurobeat series. There are songs for all eras and ages.

There is the old school Italo melos of Delta(probably my favorite label of the moment), The wacky/chaotic, but still true to Italo melos of HRG Attack. The speedy Eurobeat tracks of Sinclaire, The epic sophisticated stylings of Dima, and Sun Fire(when present)..and for those who like modern sounds or a hint of EDM;in there Eurobeat, you got SCP and GGM. yep. Something for everyone :wink:

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 23 Apr 2016, 14:41

drnrg wrote:That's the great thing about the continuation of Super Eurobeat series. There are songs for all eras and ages.

There is the old school Italo melos of Delta(probably my favorite label of the moment), The wacky/chaotic, but still true to Italo melos of HRG Attack. The speedy Eurobeat tracks of Sinclaire, The epic sophisticated stylings of Dima, and Sun Fire(when present)..and for those who like modern sounds or a hint of EDM;in there Eurobeat, you got SCP and GGM. yep. Something for everyone :wink:
I know I wanted to keep quiet but this forum doesn't have a like button, so I have to write that if there were one, I would totally click on it right now!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Apr 2016, 04:15

Anthony McBazooka wrote:
drnrg wrote:That's the great thing about the continuation of Super Eurobeat series. There are songs for all eras and ages.

I know I wanted to keep quiet but this forum doesn't have a like button, so I have to write that if there were one, I would totally click on it right now!
touché on the like button.

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 24 Apr 2016, 05:05

Anthony McBazooka wrote:

Why are you wanting to keep quiet? no one can exchange thoughts and ideas if you never share them ..

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 24 Apr 2016, 05:33

Markos wrote:Why are you wanting to keep quiet? no one can exchange thoughts and ideas if you never share them ..
I won't keep completely quiet in the whole forum, just in discussions like this. As a musician, I don't want to talk bad about other musicians publicly as long as there isn't a very good reason. An example for a good reason is this brilliant rant of Pat Metheny against Kenny G. Even if you're not into Jazz, I'm sure you will understand what he means.
The stubbornness of some people here who wanted to tell me that I am against innovation (as a reaction of me criticising the lack of innovation, but not in Delta's or 3B's songs as they may have wished to hear) or that I simply have to accept how Eurobeat changes (as if SEB were the only source of Eurobeat or as if GoGo's and SCP would be the only leaders into the future sound of Eurobeat), made me fire shoots into the wrong direction. I attacked other musicians (while I was trying to explain things) instead of attacking the stubbornness of those people in this discussion directly.
I think discussions like that in public are a bit too risky for me as a musician. So I decided to involve more in music making discussions than talk about other people's music.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Apr 2016, 16:35

So after listening to this wonderful album, here's my top 5

1. Kiss Again/ Les, Ana, and Roberta
2. I Wanna Be The Star/ Lolita
3. Fun/ Jager
4. Blat the Trumpet/ Jeff Driller
5. All Over Me/ Pamsy

The only tracks I didn't care for were the 2 HI-NRG ATTACK female songs. Just average songs from the studio. The Jeff Driller track made up for it, though. Interesting fact, Blat the Trumpet, is based on the Battle of Jericho in which the Israelites marched around Jericho 'blating their trumpets' (called shofars) to make the city walls fall. We get a little history in a eurobeat song?! Say what?!

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 24 Apr 2016, 17:29

Tracks I like most:

MANUEL - hysteria
VICKY VALE - firegun
CIAO CIAO - baby baby
LILLY - walk in the sunshine
CHERRY - forbidden love

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 24 Apr 2016, 17:51

Still waiting on my copy, and the temptation is killing me to go ahead and listen to these tracks, especially the Lolita and SS additions.