Super Eurobeat 239

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 29 Jun 2016, 20:59

01. RESTARTED TONIGHT / DAVE RODGERS
:)
02. MADE FOR LOVE / LOLITA
:P
03. WE ROCK 'EM ALL / DEJO & CHAI
:wink:
04. MADE OUT OF FIRE / SEASTAR
:D
05. NEVER AGAIN / CHERRY
:grin:
06. SEXY GAUCHO / FRANZ TORNADO
:(
07. LOVE LOVE LOVE / NORMA SHEFFIELD
:!:
08. FIREBIRD / DREAM FIGHTERS
09. BED GIRL / CINDY
10. TOUCHDOWN / LUKE
11. LET ME FLY ON TOKYO NIGHT / J.3 BENZ
<3
12. TEMPLE OF DESIRE / MANUEL
13. BABY I KNOW / F.C.F.
:|
14. POWER FIGHTER / BON
15. GO KOOKY GO / BAMBOO BIMBO

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Jun 2016, 21:59

mila wrote:06. SEXY GAUCHO / FRANZ TORNADO
I thought I would never see the day, Mila.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 30 Jun 2016, 05:07

01. RESTARTED TONIGHT / DAVE RODGERS
02. MADE FOR LOVE / LOLITA
:?
03. WE ROCK 'EM ALL / DEJO & CHAI
needs more dejo :???:
04. MADE OUT OF FIRE / SEASTAR
:?
05. NEVER AGAIN / CHERRY
:razz:
06. SEXY GAUCHO / FRANZ TORNADO
<3
07. LOVE LOVE LOVE / NORMA SHEFFIELD
08. FIREBIRD / DREAM FIGHTERS
09. BED GIRL / CINDY
:???:
10. TOUCHDOWN / LUKE
:razz:
11. LET ME FLY ON TOKYO NIGHT / J.3 BENZ
12. TEMPLE OF DESIRE / MANUEL
13. BABY I KNOW / F.C.F.
:|
14. POWER FIGHTER / BON
15. GO KOOKY GO / BAMBOO BIMBO

it's ok

HRG needs to try other female vocalists

6.5/10

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 30 Jun 2016, 05:30

I do agree with ya Cy-ro, We Rock 'Em All needed more Dejo.

What's wrong with Made out Of Fire and Go Kooky Go? They're pretty energetic releases.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 30 Jun 2016, 09:29

Time for another review of another amazing album. Overall, the level of the album isn't as consistent as 238 was but some songs just stand out so brightly among the rest that it pretty much amazes on equal levels.

Restarted Tonight / Dave Rodgers
Hearing the introduction to this song made only one thought come to my mind : The grandmaster is BACKKK! After being MIA for nearly 2 years and 2 albums back - I am not counting "Tell Me" into this, it was not the Dave song I wanted and Pasquini himself gave it a 2/5 so screw it, I am finally hearing a nifty Dave Rodgers track. I do have to say though, that this track is not an "epic" Dave Rodgers song, if anything, it's actually closer to being "fun" Dave Rodgers ala 'Money Money Money' than 'New Race Game" per say. That being said, this song still contains every single element that truly defines most Dave Rodgers/Powerful T track. Solid opening? Yes. Energetic and engaging melody? Check. Guitars and guitar solo? Check. Good vocals? Hell yeah! It's just a generally good Dave Rodgers track if you are not looking for the next epic like 'Fire Dragon' or '1 Fire'. Personally, I enjoyed this one, and here's hoping the label can give us a big epic again soon.
Grade : 5/5

Made For Love / Lolita
Lolita on track 2 again, coincidence or intentional? Who knows. That said, aside from a few cheeky reference to her earlier popular tracks at A-Beat-C, I don't find this song anything special, especially not when one consider that it was just one album ago that one of her most dynamic and well sung track at GGM was released. This song might appeal to the Gobbi fans but I for one, am not sold on this one, it might be because Sandro's influence is just all over this track and while I don't dislike the guy, he is after all responsible for many A-Beat-C classics too but I don't think I liked many tracks made by him at GGM. Most of what click for me at GGM tend to be from Kaioh or Manuel and for that, nah, not for me.
Grade : 2/5

We Rock Em'All / Chai feat Dejo (Not a typo)
Oh ... my ... god! Just how much more fun can an eurobeat track get more than this little track right here?! Now I don't proclaim to be the biggest fan of "fun" eurobeat track but sometimes you just have to let loose and enjoy the track for what it is. Literally, I once remember someone on the forum ever saying that Sinclaire is one of those producers whom you can tell just has so much love for the genre and so much fun making these tracks and this track, I feel is what really proves that statement totally right. The song is just so fun, so damn positive and also somewhat of a motivating song as well, in the sense that you can definitely listen to this song at the start of the day and be like "Hell yeah this is good stuff right here, I, and all others really do rock! Let's make today another great day!". Oh, and that middle guitar break, really awesome stuff right there. I personally had a ton of fun just grooving to the sheer infectiousness of this song and as I've said in my previous reviews, it's one of the hallmark of a song well done. However, I do have one issue with this song and while it's not going to take away from my enjoyment of this song, I do have to confirm, this is a Dejo & Chai song and not Chai feat Dejo right? Aside from a few parts where I do get to hear Dejorio, the majority of the song is dominated by Chai and while I don't dislike Chai's vocals, this is supposed to be kind of a duet I guess, so why do the ratios seem so skewed? All and be all, aside from that non trivial issue, it's an awesome song, definitely right up there as one of Sinclaire's best male presentation. As if that wasn't enough, Sinclaire manages to slap another one of his masterpiece male track on this very same album which I will get to. Love, love, love this track so much, it's a really easy 5 pointer right here.

Made Out Of Fire / Seastar
A fairly standard SCP female track that has a more dynamic sounding melody and also a slight tad more edgy and energetic than the average strawberry or trancey sounding eurobeat usually coming from the females, so that's got to count for something. The new vocalist (I assume new till proven wrong) also sounds really impressive. I would talk about song length but I think I'll be beating a dead horse here. Overall, a pretty generic yet very enjoyable SCP female track. No other comments besides : Hey SCP, nice song right here.
Grade : 4.5/5

Never Again / Cherry
Aishu Cherry is the best Cherry, and I don't think many will disagree with me on this one. This track is in a nutshell, what Clara does best at. "Forbidden Love" was great but it was a "fun" track masquerading as an aishu. If the majority of Cherry tracks, especially during the early days of eurobeat, y'know, the ones that has those sad as hell sounding melody and lyrics relating to how "being in love really sucks" were your cup of tea, I know I do, then this track is almost certainly going to hit the bullseye for you. The instant I heard the piano opening was when I knew this is certainly going to be my top pick for it being Clara's best track in the 230's, then the beaty synth burst came and I was all hyped and when that old school as hell riff kicked in, I was 99.999% sold right there. Where is the remaining 0.001% then? Aside from the entire song being so hi-energy and just good in general, it was the parts right before the chorus where Clara just goes "OHHHH Love me now~~~ yadayada", that makes Clara and her sheer talent at slaying aishu such an absolute joy to listen to even after all this while. All in all, I love the melody, the lyrics, the old school channeling it is, I love Clara's voice, hell I just love this whole song to death. The 6 minute isn't NEARLY even enough for this joy ride. No contest for one of Delta's best of 230's right here!

Sexy Gaucho / Franz Tornado
Hi-NRG Attack with their brand of wacky male tracks that doesn't take itself too seriously while still retaining an element of seriousness in their tracks. While I don't dislike this track, it falls short of "Blat The Trumpet" as that song was just such a hilarious track while this is just ... normal Hi-NRG. I am not sure what else to say about this track as it's just pretty what you'd expect out of a Federico track with russian/mexican whatever themes, semi-funny melody and a bunch of mildly entertaining sound samples being thrown in - the opening to this song with the dog bark etc was pretty hilarious actually.
Grade : 3.75/5

Love Love Love / Norma Sheffield
Okay, first off, I F-KIN love the opening to this track, it sort of suggest a melancholic track in the works so why the heck does the rest of the song carry sort of a lighter mood to them? It's trivial but it sort of bugs me. I guess this is an aishu, but it'd probably be as aishu as "Forbidden Love" on 238 was. Putting that aside, this track is Norma Sheffield being Norma Sheffield, check in for your daily dose of borderline sentimental, lovey dovey, sweet saccharine eurobeat but you'd best go look elsewhere if you're looking for high energy testosterone laden eurobeat. Again, not much else to say because it's such a predictable Norma song, there's nothing out of the ordinary here. I did like the burst of synth inserts around the 3:40-3:55 part though, other than that, I did enjoy this track but uhh, Norma's style has never been my top preference so ... a 3.5 at best.
Grade : 3.5/5

Firebird / Dream Fighters
As we all probably know, Dima himself can make some pretty interesting aishu and nowhere is that more prominent than in this track. Much like a few tracks previously on this disc, the song opens in a fairly dark way, but the difference is that the song just gets more melancholic sounding as it runs, up till the chorus, where the song just ignites and burst into flames. The riff to this track is it's weakest part as it's simply a variation of the Dima 101 we've heard plenty of times by now but I'm not complaining because it does fit the theme here. The vocal parts are what makes this song work so darn effectively, it's not the most energetic Dima song out there but it has insane singalong value and you'd have to be dead to not get hyped everytime Dima shouts "GO!" and proceed on with the absolutely beautiful and mesmerizing chorus. I also love the lyrics to this track and the title, especially on the chorus, it's actually very predictable Dima-ish lyrics about alone in the night etc, but I love how the choice of words just seem to fit and flow with the melody so well, providing an additional layer of enjoyment to an already highly enjoyable song. Dima also sings well in this track, so no complains right there. It's also interesting to see just how just 2 albums, we had the same alias doing the exact opposite style of this song, a little crazy fun track called "Dance For Love", which is one of the most all out fun Dima made track ever. All in all, where "SOTN" was my favourite David Dima track in the 230's, this is the Dream Fighter's edition of that song.

Bed Girl, or is it Bad Girl? / Cindy
The most melodically dynamic female Hi-NRG track since 'Girl In The Night' on 234. Great sounding riff (love dem pianos), love the chorus, love Elisabetta's singing in this one and .. that's about it for this one.
Grade : 4/5

Touchdown / Luke
A song that proves why the avex preview should never be taken too seriously. The track on the preview sounded poised to become one of the worst Delta male tracks so far but instead turns out to be just as good and maybe, just maybe, just as good as songs like "Crazy Information" or "Lady Taxi Driver". Again, I tend to rate songs based on just how engaging it is as a whole, and this song has a crazy amount of sing along value, especially in the really infectious chorus. I also love the way Luca sings the lines "Burn my dread, go and start me up" and "Smack all rivals and you will be loved", badass lines, badass melody and badass vocals right there. All in all, it's a song with really great songwriting and it's definitely carries on Delta's streak of awesome tracks as of late.

Let Me Fly On Tokyo Night / J.3 Benz
Why is J.3 Benz a female? Sorry, I just can't get over that. Aside from that non issue, I think this might be one of the best female Dima track since 221. It's pretty much a female sung "Firebird" with a way more soothing chorus instead of Dream Fighter's testosterone laden melody. Overall, quite an enjoyable ride.
Grade : 4/5

Temple Of Desire / Manuel
A much better track than Hysteria. Actually, I'm of the opinion that this could possibly be one of Manuel's best songs ever. I just have so much fun with this song more than hell, any other Manuel track. The vocal parts are more metal than they are eurobeat but that's what makes this song such a charm. "You just have to take me .... HIGHERRRRR!". Simply awesome!

Babe I Know / F.C.F
No thanks. Also, "Fly Me To The Moon"?
Grade : 1/5

Power Fighter / Bon
THE.BEST.SINCLAIRE.STYLE.TRACK.EVER! The opening is badass, the theme of this song is great, the melody is so charged with energy and pure testosterone, and how ironic that this track came from possibly my least favourite male vocalist at Sinclaire Style prior to 'Feel The Power Of Rock'. No words can describe this other than, allow me to repeat once more : THE.BEST.SINCLAIRE.STYLE.TRACK.EVER!

Go Kooky Go / Bamboo Bimbo
Generic SCP female track that is not as interesting as 'Made Out Of Fire' and definitely not the best track to end the album or heck, even the entire decade with. Don't get me wrong, this song is not bad but you'd have to be a huge fanboy of SCP to truly enjoy this one to a 5/5 level since it's just such a generic SCP production with sub par openings, short length and mainstream influenced elements. For the rest of us, this COULD very well be a 3/5 at best perhaps.
Grade : 3/5

Top 3 :
Power Fighter / Bon
Firebird / Dream Fighters
We Rock Em'All / Chai (feat Dejo)

Bottom 3 :
Babe I Know / F.C.F
Made For Love / Lolita
Go Kooky Go / Bamboo Bimbo

HM(s) :
Restarted Tonight / Dave Rodgers
Touchdown / Luke
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 30 Jun 2016, 11:20

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 20 Dec 2017, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Delta » 30 Jun 2016, 14:49

1. RESTARTED TONIGHT / DAVE RODGERS = 87%
2. MADE FOR LOVE / LOLITA = 82%
3. WE ROCK'EM ALL / CHAI & DEJO = 92%
4. MADE OUT OF FIRE / SEASTAR = 82%
5. NEVER AGAIN / CHERRY = 97%
6. SEXY GAUCHO / FRANZ TORNADO = 77%
7. LOVE LOVE LOVE / NORMA SHEFFIELD = 80%
8. FIREBIRD / DREAM FIGHTERS = 85%
9. BED GIRL / CINDY = 65%
10. TOUCHDOWN / LUKE = 95%
11. LET ME FLY ON TOKYO NIGHT / J.3 BENZ = 90%
12. TEMPLE OF DESIRE / MANUEL = 82%
13. BABE I KNOW / F.C.F. = 57%
14. POWER FIGHTER / BON = 92%
15. GO KOOKY GO / BAMBOO BIMBO = 90%

Lexi Rinale
Eurocurious

Post by Lexi Rinale » 01 Jul 2016, 01:37

eXtaticus wrote:I'm surprised nobody's pointed this out yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxnMW-J9xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV5tjArPe4g

The sound in the intro is literally identical. Kind of reminds me of when SCP did a similar thing with An-G's Different Girl and Ace's Brand New World. ;3
It even happens across labels. Go listen to Dance In My Town and New Horizon

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 01 Jul 2016, 02:46

My favorites after a bit of more listening time are~

Made for love - Lolita
We rock'em all - Dejo & Chai
Made out of fire -Seastar
Never Again - Cherry
Firebird - Dream Fighters
Let me fly on tokyo night - J.3 Benz
Babe I know - F.C.F.
Power fighter - Bon
Go Kooky Go - Bamboo Bimbo

~and even the ones I didn't quite love were ok, a really solid cd...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Jul 2016, 04:20

All good reviews.

Mine is closest to WNight. I would just stick Luke and Cherry in the top 3, but stay loyal to Bon at #1. The worst for me are the shortest songs. Except Manuel's track. That one works, but could still use an extra minute or two. nuff said.

Still listening to the rest of songs to get full the effect.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 01 Jul 2016, 04:26

I just can't get into Manuel's tracks Post-ABeatC. It's like his tracks lost something.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 01 Jul 2016, 13:08

Bonkers wrote:I just can't get into Manuel's tracks Post-ABeatC. It's like his tracks lost something.
I'm actually quite the opposite, I could count on one hand the amount of Manuel tracks I like back when he was at A-Beat-C. He started to get better at GGM, had that short but rather forgettable stint at Dima and after he became kind of a one man production team was when his song started getting good.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 02 Jul 2016, 04:21

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 Jul 2016, 19:55

xiao wrote:

Also... I completely understand the dislike for Babe I Know ~ I personally look for something a bit more funner and wild from a Farina song; like getting chased by a huge gorilla at a water park... and this song lacked that exact crazy style. &#9835;
To me, 3B has completely washed its hands dry of their eurobeat sound that made the label so unique and hard-driving, except for a few titles here or there that are decent. Listen to their euromach / Europanic! tracks, or their 2004-2008 SEB titles, you'll see that these tracks had so much more energy than what they have had since the 2013 re-launch.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 02 Jul 2016, 22:04

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
🪐