Post by KoolKool » 16 Jun 2014, 11:05

Anyone like eurodance,italodance like me? especially 90s

example
this eurodance track name "Morgana - Colours Of My Dream "
my favourite :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB7hrjgdWqg

Cappella - Move It Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcEKx9unl2c

italodance is like brother,sister of eurobeat..both are sons of italo-disco :)..but i strongly dislike D'Agostino style,too commercial,cheesy..

Defect - Let Me Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYnCcxU4Ok
Future City - Only Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZ368j6_v4

and more :D

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 29 Jun 2014, 14:51

this track is interesing :)
Lorenz D - Mistery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n04CdtieYqg
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 27 Apr 2015, 03:10

I have enjoyed Italodance/Eurodance since when I was a wee kid (I was born in 1996, when it reached its zenith).
The styles that I am most familiar with are the Factory Team and that of Italian Style records.

Some of my faves are:
Wienna - In The Name of Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7JPDEXprro
Libra - Another Night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzgwqHCDoXk
Miko Mission - Mr. Blue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPHgYnMplvI
Libra - Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VylzJufKtlI
Ann Lee - Voices https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2FyCOxUD1g
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

TrainEngie
Bad Bad Bad

Post by TrainEngie » 17 Jul 2015, 01:04

Glasses Man - Ken Laszlo
What is love - Haddaway
Blue - Eiffel 65

Wait, Ken Laszlo does Eurobeat?
NEED FORUM GAMES

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 07 Nov 2016, 11:27

I prefer eurodance over italo.But yeah I love Sandra , Sabrina , Aqua , La Bouche , 2 Unlimited
That's how is it like

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 12 Nov 2016, 16:18

Once for a while I back to Eurodance, Euro House.

Still more enjoyable in Europe than Eurobeat, the alternatives for too fast music exported to Japan in 90's.

I would say some comeback of energy and mood, deep bass line, which were lost in Eurobeat.

SAIFAM produced hundreds songs and pressed many small CD series and several albums I own.
Last edited by Crockett on 24 Apr 2018, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 12 Nov 2016, 16:41

Crockett wrote:Once for a while I back to Eurodance, Euro House.

Still more enjoyable in Europe than Eurobeat, the alternatives for too fast music imported to Japan in 90's.
Are you saying that faster genres than eurodance went to Japan?

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 12 Nov 2016, 16:59

Bonkers wrote:
Crockett wrote:Once for a while I back to Eurodance, Euro House.

Still more enjoyable in Europe than Eurobeat, the alternatives for too fast music imported to Japan in 90's.
Are you saying that faster genres than eurodance went to Japan?
For such constructed question I answer that Euro House hasn't developed towards tempo.

You can try to look for a reason why this dance music without evolution died in Europe as well, but perhaps it's only a question, which may ask himself an Eurobeat fan. :) Nobody really cares about the number of genres during years, but the strong constant pattern good for a few years.
Last edited by Crockett on 24 Apr 2018, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

JeffreySoftbark
Eurocurious

Re: Eurodance, Italodance?

Post by JeffreySoftbark » 31 Aug 2017, 18:29

Eurodance is a more recent indulgence of mine I listen to a lot of Real McCoy, Maxx, E-Rotic, Magic Affair, Etc.

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 03 Sep 2017, 18:02

JeffreySoftbark wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 18:29 Eurodance is a more recent indulgence of mine I listen to a lot of Real McCoy, Maxx, E-Rotic, Magic Affair, Etc.
Nice :D

youtu.be/RkEXGgdqMz8
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 21 Jun 2018, 23:53

I love Eurodance. I'm starting to delve into it more lately, although I doubt I'll ever be as involved with Eurodance as I was with Eurobeat due to time constraints/lack of patient haha. What I love about Eurodance is that some songs did have commercial success here in the US, so it evokes some nostalgia for me. Likewise, there's some bars/clubs I've been to that actually play Eurodance songs here and there. Some of my favorite tracks are:

youtu.be/H6m-NN0jJng

youtu.be/BiKujTYMY_A

youtu.be/YZVqe3kDbcA

youtu.be/BFB1Vr7SICA

youtu.be/wgAKnsO6N-s

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 23 Jun 2018, 09:21

otter87 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 23:53 What I love about Eurodance is that some songs did have commercial success here in the US, so it evokes some nostalgia for me.
Really? That success will never be as big as in Europe and here in Poland

youtu.be/wdVpkFsPiog

youtu.be/Lk3lQRmIkoM

youtu.be/KhQku_7MYI0

youtu.be/EYQ3XlT3yUM
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 23 Jun 2018, 16:43

otter87 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 23:53What I love about Eurodance is that some songs did have commercial success here in the US
Isn't it the weakest factor to appreciate ?

So far I learned that several previous generations in US devoted their time exclusively on rock and rock 'n' roll because of some unexplainable reluctance to ambitious dance music from 80's and 90's. I can say, the market there was more isolated than in Japan.

All the rest wasn't underground ? How many people in US got to know Eurobeat, Euro House, Trance when these styles celebrated the greatest successes ?

It seems to me, US community has discovered all goodies with big delay due to market trends, not because some specified genres were commonly disliked.

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 26 Jun 2018, 00:58

Kat wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 09:21Really? That success will never be as big as in Europe and here in Poland
I mean, it was never super-mainstream, but odds are a lot of people could identify some songs. Examples:
  • "2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This" is used at tons of NBA, NFL, NHL, etc. sporting events
  • The movie "A Night At The Roxbury" had a Eurodance-heavy soundtrack and is a well-known comedy film
  • "Aqua - Barbie Girl" is as well-known song here as it is pretty much everywhere
  • "Aqua - Roses Are Red" was used in the film Monsters vs Aliens, which was a huge animated hit
  • "Vengaboys - We Like To Party" was used as a theme song of sorts for the Six Flags amusement parks. It was featured in a handful of national commercials
  • Ace Of Base, Real McCoy, etc had moderate radio airplay
  • Songs like Rhythm Is A Dancer, Be My Lover, What Is Love, Mr. Vain, etc were popular in clubs as well.
That's what I can come up with off the top of my head
Crockett wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 16:43 Isn't it the weakest factor to appreciate ?

How many people in US got to know Eurobeat, Euro House, Trance when these styles celebrated the greatest successes ?
I think it's obvious that I enjoy the music as well, otherwise I wouldn't listen to it.

You would be hard-pressed to find a random person in the US who is aware of Eurobeat unless they are Initial D fans, DDR/IIDX/rhythm game fans, or know it from some type of weak connection like that (anime fans, people involved in the arcade scene). People who've heard Running In The 90's from internet memes might know of the genre also.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Jun 2018, 03:28

Maybe I can shed some light! This ha to been seen through two lenses: 1990-2002 / 2008 - Present

Eurodance music gained big commercial success here in the early-mid 90s, especially on MTV & the first 2 volumes of Jock Jams. House & Eurodance music were also big on the CD series Dance Party USA. Buuuuuuuut, as this tame style of Eurodance & House music was gaining commercial success via media & dance clubs, there was an underground rave culture blooming thanks to Frankie Bones bringing back the Euro rave culture to the States in the early 1990s after his trip to Europe. Underground genres like Chicago/LA hard house, harder techno styles from Europe (think Juliana's Tokyo material), Euro Trance started to become big in the USA rave scene. In 1996, British Happy Hardcore music made its way over here via Moonshine's Happy2bHardcore series (1996-2003, and was Moonshine Music's highest selling series). This led to an explosion of Candy kids throughout Canada & the States thanks to Anabolic Frolic's Hullabaloo raves inside the Toronto Opera House, and by 2000, happy hardcore music had become wide spread throughout the USA rave circuit,which led to full explosion of candy kids, and with this came the rise of MDMA among the young adults (which resulted in deaths).By the late 90s/early 2000s, 20/20 & other news programs caught on and began doing reports about how bad raves were, and in 2002, the RAVE ACT was imposed in the USA. MTV had also stopped showcasing eurodance music videos. So, I don't know if this factually led to the push back in Eurodance/Euro dance genres music being commercial here in the States, but I don't doubt it played a part in it. Even rapper Eminem released a song in this time which featured him telling "Moby" "Nobody listens to techno!"

We had many CD series in the late 90s/early 2000s that featured Happy Hardcore, Drum'n'Bass, Hard House, Techno styles, Trance styles, but much of that crowd had moved on around 2007-ish, but the underground rave scene continued to grow as Happy Hardcore had evolved to UK Hardcore, and UK Hard House/Hard Trance/Schranz Techno/Hardstyle/Psytrance had become big in the States's rave circuit, and CDs of these genres were not sold Stateside). Eurodance had evolved to just Euro Trance by this time, and that was big in the Club circuit. Soooooo, the kids who were born in 1999/2000, missed growing up with that, so this generation's first commercial dance music was Lady Gaga's Just Dance, and this sparked the whole dance-pop that's still dominating the radios today. (Unless they had found their way to the rave scene first).