New eurobeat track - "Race to the Finish"

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
dalziel
Bad Bad Bad

New eurobeat track - "Race to the Finish"

Post by dalziel » 07 Mar 2017, 20:56

I produced this eurobeat track as my entry for the music compo at a local demoparty (Instanssi in Jyväskylä). It was pretty popular and won first prize. I thought I'd share it here too :)

https://soundcloud.com/dalzielmusic/race-to-the-finish

I hope you enjoy!

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Re: New eurobeat track - "Race to the Finish"

Post by Akira » 11 Mar 2017, 16:06

To be honest, I couldn't help but jump to that catchy synth riff! :) To me, it captures 100% the essence of eurobeat. Kudos! By the way, I just listened to your previous track "Last night" and I may say you've improved quite a lot! Especially in putting every element of the song in its place (volume, "focus", etc.). By the way, I think the colour of your voice suits the style of the track overall. Congratulations for the track and for winning the prize! ;)

If I had to "critisize" it, I would say to improve mixing of the vocals. Maybe adding armonies and giving it more punch? (I'm always bad at mixing vocals! sorry)
Amateur indie eurobeat producer. Check out my music here! https://soundcloud.com/super-nova-473010963

dalziel
Bad Bad Bad

Re: New eurobeat track - "Race to the Finish"

Post by dalziel » 17 Mar 2017, 05:30

Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen and comment! I was hoping for a bit more attention on this track, but perhaps it's badly timed with the forums overhaul.

I'm happy you enjoyed the song and noticed the improvement I've made since my previous eurobeat track. I think there's been a good amount of progress in a bit under a year!

If anyone else wants to give the song a listen and offer some feedback, I'd be very happy!