Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Super Eurobeat 242

Post by Kat » 21 Apr 2017, 11:58

Always happy to hear new songs :D
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Apr 2017, 12:16

Furious Thunder has that good old euromach-magic attached to it. The only drawback is that it sounds rather muffled which is a real shame as I love the track a whole lot, but this strips a bit of that oomph away.

My personal favorites are by far Under The Power Of My Heart and Love Is In The Air. Can't remember when I would've loved an Asia release as much as this one.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 21 Apr 2017, 14:45

Let's talk about this album. There is some really great stuff on here! The 2 standout tracks for me are Pamsy's and Nuage's. Pamsy's track is probably the most accessible eurobeat track in a good while. I know some people don't care for those mainstream sounds, but goddamn do those sounds work for that track. Nuage is back and better than ever. Her work with SS (Before Tomorrow) and GGM (Crazy Little Love, Love is in the Air) is miles above her stuff with A-BEAT C, IMHO.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 21 Apr 2017, 16:46

Last edited by xiao on 10 Jan 2018, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Apr 2017, 03:10

For some reason Claudia VIP sounds really different in this song, compared to her recent works? Is it still Chris?

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 22 Apr 2017, 03:42

drnrg wrote: 22 Apr 2017, 03:10 For some reason Claudia VIP sounds really different in this song, compared to her recent works? Is it still Chris?
That was what I was wondering when I heard the YT teaser. It doesn't sound like the usual Hi-NRG Attk vocalist we've had since like 2011.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 22 Apr 2017, 13:24

drnrg wrote: 22 Apr 2017, 03:10 For some reason Claudia VIP sounds really different in this song, compared to her recent works? Is it still Chris?
I think it's Laura Tartuferi. I remember Malvicino posting a picture of her sometime ago and Rimonti saying "a star comes back" or something :wink:

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 22 Apr 2017, 15:40

1. Love Love Love / Fastway
At last a Fastway track that actually has some meat around the bones unlike the ironically titled "Got The Power". The song structure is about 85% identical to 239's 'Go Kooky Go', which I thought was a huge flaw at first as I didn't have the best impression of the song, Ennio on mic really made the difference, essentially turning the song from a fun/upbeat song into one filled with Ennio's trademark robustness. That being said, I actually preferred the riff on 'Go Kooky Go' as I felt the riff in this song is slightly too simple sounding and of course, the 3:57 length is not the best numbers I'd like to see on my SEB songs but overall, this song is not too bad considering the gap between his song on 229 and this.
3.5/5

2. Under The Power Of My Heart / Tipsy & Tipsy
All I can say is, Saifam should really make this the song of reference for all their future female tracks. Easily one of the label's best song in a REALLY long time.
5/5

3. Break Into The Music / Dave Rodgers
The force is strong in this one, and thank heavens because just like Ennio, Pasquini hasn't had a song that really brings power to the table since 229. The song isn't as in your face as 'Night Rider' was but it doesn't pull any slacks either as it has pretty much the same definitive "Rodgers Touch" to it. Where I feel this song might also stand out is that it has a much more pronounced 'Old school' feel to it than other Sun Fire tracks - the intro and guitar solo/break for example is unmistakably 'old school Dave Rodgers', almost as if Dave took a trip back to the songs of his around 1997-2000 and then derived the best of them and came up with this one. This is the DR song I really needed ('Restarted Tonight' can serve as a decent appetiser I guess), so there's that.
5/5

4. Gojira Comes Again / Chai
Quite possibly the best Chai song ever if I were to not count the song on 239 as his solo outing (it pretty much is to me, but I digress). Also, haven't had a Gojira/Godzilla song in a while so it definitely passes in the quirky/fun department as well. It's a huge departure from the testosterone fest the label presented on 239 but overall it's a really fun song to listen to. Chai is starting to find his niche it seems.
4/5

5. I'm Not Dreaming / Pamsy
Not very trancebeat Pamsy. Just one of those summery feeling eurobeat that comes out from time to time that probably sounds best when you're all tired from school/work and need a mood lift. I still prefer Trancebeat Pamsy (when done right) though.
3.5/5

6. Ring My Bells / J.Stark
It's nothing out of the ordinary, but I swear this is one of the catchiest song the label has put out recently, mainly due to it's infectious chorus. Definitely one of my top tracks on this album.
5/5

7. Furious Thunder / Claudia Vip
Nothing much I can say here, it's Hi-NRG doing what they do best, powerful tracks with a bit of their trademark wackiness in the mix. I still prefer songs like 'Bed Girl' though.
3.75/5

8. Fall In Love / Norma Sheffield
One of the more boring Sun Fire Norma song out there. It's not her worst of course, but considering her entire Sun Fire discography so far, this is at best, average. I like the melody though.
2.5/5

9. Love Comes / Paul Harris
I think this song is pretty good, but this is more like a side dish track to the main course track that is 'Ring My Bells'. Good for the occasional listen.
4/5

10. Really Love Ya / Nathalie
A classic example of a "riff song". Aside from that, everything else just doesn't measure up. This is not a knock on Nathalie but the vocal melody in this track is severely lacking a memorable hook that would make one go "Yeah! This song is great!". A shame because it really did have potential to be 5/5 based on the YT preview, but it is at best a 3.75/5 in my opinion if only for the amazing riff.
3.75/5

11. Oh My Gosh / Manuel
I think I may be the only one who likes the consecutive Manuel songs we're getting as of late. His unique style of flamboyant eurobeat, as of late apparently also filled with potentially NSFW elements on the side just sort of stands out among a sea of 'normal eurobeat'. Really fun listening to this one. Also, 4:32 run time, very nice.
5/5

12. Free Into The Sky / Stephy Martin
There isn't much more I can add regarding recently Stephy songs that I haven't said already. Simply put, none of her post-2013 songs are epic, which suits her powerful vocals more and are what sets her apart from Dima's more contemporary females like Aleky/Patty K. This is the same alias which gave us such incredible songs like 'Speed Demon', 'Out Of Love', 'Hearts On Fire' etc, why she is now stuck with all these 'soft' materials like this is beyond me.
1/5

13. Dollars Go / Lucky Boy
I am still not 100% sold on this not being a Malvicino sung song, this entire song just has Malvicino pasted all over it that I was surprised to hear that it's actually Mcbazooka on the mic. That said, this song is a ton of fun to listen to. I especially like how the calm sounding introduction actually suggests that this song is going to be somewhat mid-tempo, only to be blasted with a super strong riff and does not let up in the slightest throughout. The vocal portions are really well thought out, providing good build up from part to part before the robust chorus, which is definitely my favourite part of the entire song, kicks in and I was sold there and then. Definitely in my top 3 post 2014 Hi-NRG tracks so far.
5/5

14. Love Is In The Air / Nuage
The song's only flaw is 3:52, it passes by way too fast. Other than that, it's amazing, especially the mystical sounding chorus.
4.5/5

15. All Time High / Hotblade
Another alias I find my interest in waning, but this song surprisingly isn't that bad. I like the robotic introduction but at the same time, I also really dislike the chorus, actually anytime the song title itself is sung. It's really not Gozzi's issue, I just dislike how it's melody is sung, and the chorus is suppose to carry the most meat of a song so it's a huge minus for me. Overall, a decent song to end the album on.
2.5/5

Top 3:
Break Into The Music / Dave Rodgers
Ring My Bells / J.Stark
Dollars Go / Lucky Boy

Honorable Mentions:
Oh My Gosh / Manuel
Last edited by WNight on 22 Apr 2017, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 22 Apr 2017, 15:45

Chris/Bazooka Girl? She's left the label in 2005, 12 years ago and rather never won't back in view of private life among others, what was exactly the reason why she ended singing. Also she never used this alias Claudia VIP.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Apr 2017, 23:16

Sato. just posted this on Twitter:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/new-release ... w-releases

At the time of writing, SEB 242 was 5th place in Electronic/Dance Music on Amazon JP.

:grin: :grin:

I also secured screenshots, in case.

EDIT

Click for full size.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 24 Apr 2017, 03:03

I think my favorite song on this album is Ring my bells. Under the power of my heart, Gozira comes again are right up there too.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 26 Apr 2017, 21:42

Fireworks
Under The Power of My Heart
Break Into The Music
Gojira Comes Again
Furious Thunder
Love Comes
Really Love Ya
Dollars Go
Love is in The Air

Sparklers
Love Love Love
I'm Not Dreaming
Ring My Bells
Fall in Love
Free Into The Sky

Duds
Oh My Gosh
All Time High

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Apr 2017, 19:07

SEB 242 GET!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xub313
Bad Bad Bad

Post by xub313 » 28 Apr 2017, 00:58

Got my SEB 242 the other day. I'm a big fan of Nathalie's track. Rock'n album! :grin:

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Apr 2017, 01:06

The Norma track...I love it, but I wish they would stop giving Norma slow tracks.

Furious Thunder...Finally, Hi-NRG Attk is back on track. It's nice having a different vocalists and some crazy effects back on the vocals.

SCP...what happened? The Pamsy track is nice, and Love Love Love is only good because of the chorus and riff...but overall, their tracks are becoming bland. Where is the speedy cheese? Where is Irene? Kiki & Fancy?