Super Eurobeat Vol. 243

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Re: Super Eurobeat Vol. 243

Post by drnrg » 20 Jul 2017, 01:32

my cover of manuel's "Gas Gas Gas" was anti- hitler without even realizing it, but very pro sex.

Image :!:

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 20 Jul 2017, 01:37

drnrg wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 01:32 my cover of manuel's "Gas Gas Gas" was anti- hitler without even realizing it, but very pro sex.

See, that's the thing. I knew I could count on you guys to be Anti-Nazi because we're all super cool and full of love and desire and passion like most Eurobeat songs are. That, I think, differentiates us from the new teenagers who think Eurobeat is some nazi stuff.

You are awesome! You can't see it, but I'm giving you a thumbs up from over here at my desk. It's a nice cover, too. Really, really good. I love it. I'mma probably make it my avatar if you let me.

In my headcanon (or, to put it in a less fandom nerd way, in my imagination) that girl on the cover is an Allied sniper preparing to wreck some Nazis. While naked.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 20 Jul 2017, 02:02

Holy schmuck, Manuel's "Gas Gas Gas" is now a neo-nazi meme? That's absolutely horrific and completely unfair to a track that was a contender for my favorite eurobeat song of all time back when it first came out (I prefer "Adrenaline," "Limousine," "Nighttrain," and "No Control" nowadays, but it still packs quite the punch).

This is the exact same tragedy that tarnished the reputation of McDonald's Mac Tonight mascot, ironically a decade ago, when "Gas Gas Gas" first came out. Once upon a time, you had a moon-headed swingster triumphantly spicing up a chain restaurant with a clever parody of "Mack the Knife," now all people see him as just a savage bigot with a computerized voice spewing racial slurs over the beat of "Crank That (Soulja Boy)." The Moon Man Internet meme got so out of hand that it forced McDonald's to completely disown Mac Tonight altogether. It's a shame, because he started off as such an awesome character, but now he's pretty much synonymous with taboo due to a bunch of rotten Internet trolls defaming him. Who knows now what could be the fate of "Gas Gas Gas"? It's certainly not going to be quite as easy to casually play it at a para para club anymore.
Last edited by #Infinity on 20 Jul 2017, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 20 Jul 2017, 02:08

#Infinity wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 02:02 Holy schmuck, Manuel's "Gas Gas Gas" is now a neo-nazi meme? That's absolutely horrific and completely unfair to a track that was a contender for my favorite eurobeat song of all time back when it first came out (I prefer "Adrenaline," "Limousine," "Nighttrain," and "No Control" nowadays, but it still packs quite the punch).

This is the exact same tragedy that tarnished the reputation of McDonald's Mac Tonight mascot, ironically a decade ago, when "Gas Gas Gas" first came out. Once upon a time, you had a moon-headed swingster triumphantly spicing up a chain restaurant with a clever parody of "Mack the Knife," now all people see him as just a savage bigot with a computerized voice spewing racial slurs over the beat of "Crank That (Soulja Boy)." The Moon Man Internet meme got so out of hand that it forced McDonald's to completely disown Mac Tonight altogether. It's a shame, because he started off as such an awesome character, but now he's pretty much synonymous with taboo due to a bunch of rotten Internet trolls defaming him. Who knows now what could be the fate of "Gas Gas Gas"? It's certainly not going to be quite as easy to casually play it at a para para club anymore.
I would hazard a guess that Manuel probably withdrew from the Eurobeat scene a little probably because of that. There is no way he didn't notice this.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 20 Jul 2017, 02:10

Oh god, "Beat of the Rising Sun" is victimized by this crap, too? That's possibly my favorite Dave Rodgers song ever, and now it's tarnished forever, as well! :-x
ImageImage

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 20 Jul 2017, 02:15

#Infinity wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 02:10 Oh god, "Beat of the Rising Sun" is victimized by this crap, too? That's possibly my favorite Dave Rodgers song ever, and now it's tarnished forever, as well! :-x
As the soldiers like to say, welcome to the suck. That's how I feel.

This is truly the darkest timeline.

xub313
Bad Bad Bad

Post by xub313 » 20 Jul 2017, 04:00

Been listening to 243 for the past week or so. You My Eurobeat has to be my favorite track, hands down. I'm a little disappointed by Foxy Love, but I had really high expectations from a Manuel/Lolita duet. Been listening to it on my commute to work. The fact that I haven't felt the need to replace it with another Eurobeat cd yet shows it's a good album.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 20 Jul 2017, 04:50

So, because I hate myself and enjoy causing myself deep, long-lasting emotional distress, I went to YouTube and searched for 'Nazi eurobeat' just to see how many songs have been ruined by the Nazi memester kids.

I wanted to see how far the proverbial rabbit hole goes.

It's exactly as bad as you might guess.

I was literally closing my eyes and mashing the back button after a quick glance.

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 20 Jul 2017, 13:34

He didn't withdrew. But he was pissed off.
Just as him, i got pissed off too. I don't know why people want to joke about things like nazism.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 02 Aug 2017, 23:32

https://youtu.be/hgfdmb6F0kk

Video of Manuel and Elena singing Foxy Love!!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Aug 2017, 01:35

Wataru Akiyama wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 01:37
drnrg wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 01:32 my cover of manuel's "Gas Gas Gas" was anti- hitler without even realizing it, but very pro sex.

See, that's the thing. I knew I could count on you guys to be Anti-Nazi because we're all super cool and full of love and desire and passion like most Eurobeat songs are. That, I think, differentiates us from the new teenagers who think Eurobeat is some nazi stuff.

You are awesome! You can't see it, but I'm giving you a thumbs up from over here at my desk. It's a nice cover, too. Really, really good. I love it. I'mma probably make it my avatar if you let me.

In my headcanon (or, to put it in a less fandom nerd way, in my imagination) that girl on the cover is an Allied sniper preparing to wreck some Nazis. While naked.
Glad you liked it. Yeah use it for avatar if you like. I got no problem. Most of my fan made covers appear on google anyway. My hard rock and synthpop ones too. Even found a few on wikipedia. :wink:

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 03 Aug 2017, 12:52

para_rigby wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 23:32 https://youtu.be/hgfdmb6F0kk

Sexiest feat. alive :evil:

Vinylyarou
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Vinylyarou » 03 Aug 2017, 16:39

para_rigby wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 23:32 https://youtu.be/hgfdmb6F0kk

This kind of material is always a +99 to a song.

and btw, when did Manuel become so handsome? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Latest simfile:

Previous Eurobeat simfiles: Iron Man - Mark Astley [Delta Music Industry]/ Self Control - Laura Branigan [Atlantic Records]

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 03 Aug 2017, 17:15

The video gives me hope. Elena is so bubbly and acts like the true queen of eurobeat that she is! And Manuel has the right attitude towards the eurobeat promotion. A bit of a slapstick but still giddy and upbeat.