Re: News of Dave Rodgers music

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Re: Re: News of Dave Rodgers music

Post by Crockett » 18 Oct 2017, 22:21

Lebon14 wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:01Wait wait wait... the return of... A-Beat-C? Sandro, Giancarlo and other staff?
I'm probably jumping to conclusions but damn.
This studio came to insolvency because too many persons decided to make Eurobeat at home or went their own way.

Simply a bit selfish regardless the reasons, what has resulted for A.Beat-C. existence.

Now the same artists don't produce for Go Go's Music and Sun Fire disappeared...

Place like Rodgers Studio established on Eurobeat business must ceased the activity some day, due to sharing the cake among more and more labels.

If somebody never had in Eurobeat the real work and business still today may be calm about the future.

Just a Facebook post with sad reactions by people strongly related once with that place and a positive wish in a comment.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 19 Oct 2017, 18:04

xiao wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 18:51I wonder if Contini & Sinclaire were also among the earlier staff that frequented the studio before A-Beat-C stopped making records. I hope if a reunion takes place it'll lead to something creative
It seems to be clear that the studio belonged as a whole to Dave Rodgers, if within the past 10 years Eurobeat was making there after division of A.Beat-C.

Most of fans rather don't know what has been placed behind, so how much costed maintenance of the area...

Alberto Contini was the co-owner, co-founder of Rodgers & Contini Records and A.Beat-C., in turn Contini Edizioni Musicali still exists as the Eurobeat publisher.

Bratt Sinclaire was freelancer, even not the member of the team, and once expressed his "sentiment" to this period in very eloquent for me words, although he owes A.Beat-C. the opportunity of Eurobeat production... Anyway nothing belonged to him in ex studios, the current white building has been created after he left A.Beat-C.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 20 Oct 2017, 18:47

Crockett wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 18:04Bratt Sinclaire was freelancer, even not the member of the team, and once expressed his "sentiment" to this period in very eloquent for me words, although he owes A.Beat-C. the opportunity of Eurobeat production...
I heard things like that before. It's not really a surprise that the young maestro made Giancarlo jealous because he created instant hits like Tango Tango and King & Queen 8)

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 21 Oct 2017, 14:30

jeurobeat wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 18:47I heard things like that before. It's not really a surprise that the young maestro made Giancarlo jealous because he created instant hits like Tango Tango and King & Queen 8)
Regardless of what do you quote, according to an interview, SEB entered the market with no hype.

It's pretty logical. At that time many series were on sale, headed with That's Eurobeat.

Except the credits in booklets and reviews, various studio composers never been promoted.

Only the label owners, so main producers and stage artists, models of the main projects.
The big 3 on Eurobeat market till 1996 was called Dave Rodgers, Giacomo Maiolini and F.C.F.

Therefore until the commercial success of "Tora Tora Tora" in 1994 and foundation of Delta as the player in the game, Bratt Sinclaire remained officially pretty unknown, at least comparing with others and still this song got fame for A.Beat-C.

Before A. Leonardi wrote these higher rated mentioned tracks in 1991 with A. Contini, G. Pasquini released 5 CD albums and over a dozen instant hits !

For me it would be a madness, if Dave Rodgers quite popular in Japan and on Italo Disco scene since 1985 would've been really jealous of 2 titles from 1991, made by a young musician who joined to italian dance music at the latest...

I'm against any unhealth competition. In these big record companies all staff worked for common success, however in Japan this wasn’t shown...

About the limited and specific "sentiment" I reffered to Bratt Sinclaire, but not less to Giancarlo Pasquini. Especially the studio producers should treat all their songs equally, no matter how old, under which labels released.

Unfortunately it’s not so. Ex collaborators lost the importance or better to hide them. Former stories and accidents affect on the perception of these early days...

Avex Trax for obvious reasons always favored A.Beat-C. Nevertheless everybody who participated in Eurobeat industry in 90’s should've not been jealous.

norinorinori
Bad Bad Bad

Post by norinorinori » 24 Oct 2017, 23:33

That's sad but understandable if running the studio was more of a personal "side project" thing, producing a record here or there for other artists rather than a full fledged business. Seems like it would be a challenge to turn a profit with that kind of venture even if you put 100% into it.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 30 Oct 2017, 19:30

Crockett wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 14:30Except the credits in booklets and reviews, various studio composers never been promoted.

Only the label owners, so main producers and stage artists, models of the main projects.
The big 3 on Eurobeat market till 1996 was called Dave Rodgers, Giacomo Maiolini and F.C.F.
Now that you mention it, That's Eurobeat included photographs and text of artists like Coo Coo, Antonella, Mark Farina, Aleph, F.C.F.
Composers who didn't sing were not visible (except for Crivellente and Fadinger being members of F.C.F)
Crockett wrote:Therefore until the commercial success of "Tora Tora Tora" in 1994 and foundation of Delta as the player in the game, Bratt Sinclaire remained officially pretty unknown, at least comparing with others and still this song got fame for A.Beat-C.

Before A. Leonardi wrote these higher rated mentioned tracks in 1991 with A. Contini, G. Pasquini released 5 CD albums and over a dozen instant hits !

For me it would be a madness, if Dave Rodgers quite popular in Japan and on Italo Disco scene since 1985 would've been really jealous of 2 titles from 1991, made by a young musician who joined to italian dance music at the latest...
Maybe not specifically those two songs and certainly not with respect to his career since 1985. It was about his new label A beat C, about the most popular tracks in Japan not having been created by himself. Anyway, it's wat I heard, it's not an official statement or quote. BTW, I personally do like most of the early songs on A beat C, and don't mind who wrote them.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 31 Oct 2017, 17:17

jeurobeat wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 19:30I personally do like most of the early songs on A beat C, and don't mind who wrote them.
Crockett wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 14:30In these big record companies all staff worked for common success, however in Japan this wasn’t shown...
But it may cause a small difference when you've realized that the first music composer can't be credited after lyrics writer in SIAE.

Unless on a record which go directly to fans and the list of names can be in another order...

The places of credits haven't changed till nowadays, however this had a huge importance for fame and when every song has been extremely significant in the early years of building the renown. :)

I found many more examples. So the reality of promoted big producers and all the rest staff...

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 04 Jan 2018, 22:06

Aleph is back to his roots. Super Eurobeat is going to end so as the one of very first he decided to make what is trendy, a brand new song on a pattern of real 80's sound. Bravo ! Preview in the I Venti D'Azzurro radio show.

youtu.be/OMdj7TlMn_o

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 04 Jan 2018, 22:17

That new Aleph song is one HOT mf :evil:

Markos
Eurocurious

Post by Markos » 05 Jan 2018, 01:47

yeah gonna order that

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 05 Jan 2018, 14:24

Damn those speech overdubs are so annoying that I can't listen to the preview. Also the encoding quality is pure horror. Does really anyone think that you're gonna have better sales if you annoy people who are potentially interested in the music?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 05 Jan 2018, 14:28

They were called out on the radio show chat about that as well. The record should be out soon with normal previews available by that time. :)

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 05 Jan 2018, 14:34

SuperEuroJimmy wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 14:28 They were called out on the radio show chat about that as well. The record should be out soon with normal previews available by that time. :)
Phew. That's good to know.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 05 Jan 2018, 17:17

Anthony McBazooka wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 14:24Does really anyone think that you're gonna have better sales if you annoy people who are potentially interested in the music?
Annoy ? :|

I just heard some parts mixed in the radio show and I know what I can expect, no doubts.

First row of customers doesn't need multiple advertisements, because they are vinyl collectors and lovers of the 80's music, so they are sure in advance it will be good by a specified artist.

Second row of clients indeed must confirm, if the song is worth to buy, even they are almost sure as well.

Third and the last row will order the track due the lack of alternative, possibly they will complain why he didn't put all effort in 4th decade of Eurobeat where the main problem...... is to sell or what to do with the style to get again interest in Japan.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 05 Jan 2018, 17:59

I'll wait for a HQ RIP on Youtube k thx ~❤️