Regarding Super Eurobeat 250

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: Regarding Super Eurobeat 250

Post by Bonkers » 14 Dec 2017, 00:07

Wait...so 247, 248, 249 will be non-stops? And then 250 of course as a non-stop. What material is Boss going to use to mix with that hasn't been mixed with already, besides 246? Best of 2013/2014/2015/2016 were all parapara tracks, 235 & 245 were collection mixes...Maybe they'll splash some unreleased material into those non-stops like they did with 198 & 199.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Dec 2017, 00:17

I'm expecting the smae as 197-199 trios. Best 30 male tracks, Best 30 female tracks, Best 30 collabs (inb4 SEB 4 U) and then SEB 250 will probably have the Best of 2017 in one its discs.

the 190s non-stop trio were brand new tracks mixed in, not unreleased material. But they specifically said that there won't be any new tracks anymore. So, yeah.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 14 Dec 2017, 00:45

Well Matteo Rizzi just hinted

Probably. But surely they will be great remixes! ;)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Dec 2017, 01:20

Bonkers wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 00:45 Well Matteo Rizzi just hinted

Probably. But surely they will be great remixes! ;)
Rizzi told me too. He hinted that this will be post-SEB stuff unless language barrier stopped to effectively say.

Otherwise, I don't know how much I can say from the conversation we had.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 14 Dec 2017, 01:34

I'm just so sad :(

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Dec 2017, 01:40

Everybody is.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Dec 2017, 02:15

Okay, so I'm really sorry to spoil the mood, but I feel more relieved that the series is finally ending than anything else. It would of course be great to see eurobeat commercially survive, which maybe it still could depending on the right circumstances and actions, but this compilation series in particular was really on its last legs for quite a while, and it deserves its dignified ending so that we can all celebrate it for its size legacy. It's very clear to me that the majority of labels still active had mostly run out of new ideas and that Avex was mostly just beating on a dead horse that had grown unprofitable eons ago. I feel very much the same about Super Eurobeat as I do about The Simpsons, which ironically has also been ongoing since the very turn of the 1990s.

It's bittersweet to see the conclusion of a series of much that was so heavily formative to my adolescent years, but I'm happy that these albums continued being released as long as the were. I just really hope that, now that no more entries are coming out, all of the unreleased music we've been desperate to hear for a long while will finally make its way out of the former labels' back catalogues.
ImageImage

johnjohnjohnnycake
Eurocurious

Post by johnjohnjohnnycake » 14 Dec 2017, 03:12

i suppose after 250 volumes and THOUSANDS of songs, i can see how obviously the brand would get stale after a while, i just listened again to the trailer for super eurobeat 244, and the songs quite literally sound the same almost, or at least resemble something we've already heard before ( though i LOVE black eva's put an arrow!!)
Light My Fire baby Tonight
You drive me crazy and I really love you baby tonight
Holdin me tight
You've got me so good

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 14 Dec 2017, 04:02

Last edited by xiao on 23 Jan 2018, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 14 Dec 2017, 09:25

We will get The Best of SEB 2017 ? If it's like The Best of SEB 2011...

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 14 Dec 2017, 09:36

Last edited by xiao on 23 Jan 2018, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 14 Dec 2017, 10:30

#Infinity wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 02:15 Okay, so I'm really sorry to spoil the mood, but I feel more relieved that the series is finally ending than anything else. It would of course be great to see eurobeat commercially survive, which maybe it still could depending on the right circumstances and actions, but this compilation series in particular was really on its last legs for quite a while, and it deserves its dignified ending so that we can all celebrate it for its size legacy. It's very clear to me that the majority of labels still active had mostly run out of new ideas and that Avex was mostly just beating on a dead horse that had grown unprofitable eons ago. I feel very much the same about Super Eurobeat as I do about The Simpsons, which ironically has also been ongoing since the very turn of the 1990s.

It's bittersweet to see the conclusion of a series of much that was so heavily formative to my adolescent years, but I'm happy that these albums continued being released as long as the were. I just really hope that, now that no more entries are coming out, all of the unreleased music we've been desperate to hear for a long while will finally make its way out of the former labels' back catalogues.
I actually agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I love my eurobeat as much as the next guy and it's sad seeing the genre I've continuously listened to for over a decade now come to an end, but the direction the genre has been taken in as of late is just painful for me as a huge fan. Aside from the bi-monthly release change, which already means that we're getting WAY lesser songs than in the past especially when there's a non-stop mix present, the long breaks here and there are also really demoralizing to say the least. Eurobeat isn't profitable anymore, and it's clear as day Avex doesn't have any intentions to make it great again either so I welcome this decision wholeheartedly. It's not only Avex as well, like what Infinity said, you can kind of see that some of the label's hearts aren't in this anymore. If it really ends at 250, Avex and the producers who no longer wish to do eurobeat anymore can go focus on other things and I as a long time consumer no longer have to put up with the crap anymore. It's a win win situation for both.

That being said, I still see some labels like SCP/SinclaireStyle (there's a Bon and Tora song coming up apparently)/Hi-NRG etc posting on social media about preparing new songs for future releases, there's also the Dave X Dima collab not released as well so maybe, just maybe, there's interesting news to come?
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 14 Dec 2017, 13:35

Okay but big question is:

3 albums remaning, will they release a dvd...............? :o

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 14 Dec 2017, 13:38

WNight wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 10:30
#Infinity wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 02:15 Okay, so I'm really sorry to spoil the mood, but I feel more relieved that the series is finally ending than anything else. It would of course be great to see eurobeat commercially survive, which maybe it still could depending on the right circumstances and actions, but this compilation series in particular was really on its last legs for quite a while, and it deserves its dignified ending so that we can all celebrate it for its size legacy. It's very clear to me that the majority of labels still active had mostly run out of new ideas and that Avex was mostly just beating on a dead horse that had grown unprofitable eons ago. I feel very much the same about Super Eurobeat as I do about The Simpsons, which ironically has also been ongoing since the very turn of the 1990s.

I actually agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I love my eurobeat as much as the next guy and it's sad seeing the genre I've continuously listened to for over a decade now come to an end, but the direction the genre has been taken in as of late is just painful for me as a huge fan. Aside from the bi-monthly release change, which already means that we're getting WAY lesser songs than in the past especially when there's a non-stop mix present, the long breaks here and there are also really demoralizing to say the least. Eurobeat isn't profitable anymore, and it's clear as day Avex doesn't have any intentions to make it great again either so I welcome this decision wholeheartedly. It's not only Avex as well, like what Infinity said, you can kind of see that some of the label's hearts aren't in this anymore. If it really ends at 250, Avex and the producers who no longer wish to do eurobeat anymore can go focus on other things and I as a long time consumer no longer have to put up with the crap anymore. It's a win win situation for both.

That being said, I still see some labels like SCP/SinclaireStyle (there's a Bon and Tora song coming up apparently)/Hi-NRG etc posting on social media about preparing new songs for future releases, there's also the Dave X Dima collab not released as well so maybe, just maybe, there's interesting news to come?
Nah, I feel you.

Could be this is the kicker we needed to freshen things up.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 Dec 2017, 14:53

Like other people mentioned, it would be good if labels would release unreleased tracks once SEB finishes up. SS has around 30 tracks, SCP has around 40 or so, Time has a good amount, and A-BEAT has a shit load of tracks that never appeared. I don't know if unreleased tracks will still be the property of Avex post-SEB or if the rights will be given back to the labels.