Eurobeat & Co. – Interview YouTube Channel

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Mainstone
Bad Bad Bad

Eurobeat & Co. – Interview YouTube Channel

Post by Mainstone » 21 Jan 2018, 13:11

Attention! May be poor knowledge of English (including pronunciation).

Hello, Eurobeat Prime!
Eurobeat & Co. – a group of Russian-speaking Eurobeat fans.
We created our channel in December 2017. We won't make videos often, but our content will be of high quality. We try to do our best.

What can you expect from our channel?
Mostly, our content will consist of interviews with different Eurobeat stars (producers, vocalists, etc). Perhaps we'll make small podcasts and cover all the latest news in the Eurobeat world.

You can watch our interview with Travis Stebbins (T. Stebbins, Ken Blast, Odyssey Eurobeat, Eurobeat Brony, Mortimer) – eurobeat producer from the US.
Pleasant viewing!

youtu.be/Ybe-byq--AQ

We really need your support to continue working on the project. Leave a comment, press "Like" and subscribe to our channel. It's easy for you, but we will be pleased. :)

You can also subscribe to our VK (Russian analog of FaceBook) group. Here's the link: https://vk.com/eurobeatds
Music should not have nationalities, religions, genders and stereotypes.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: Eurobeat & Co. – Interview YouTube Channel

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 21 Jan 2018, 19:22

Thank you so much for the awesome work you do for keeping Eurobeat alive!

I'm happy that there are more communities growing and I'm really looking forward to be one of your next interview partners!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 21 Jan 2018, 22:06

Interesting channel concept. I'm looking forward to ore interviews.
I just watched the whole interview with Travis. A few things which disturbed me:
- The webcam of Travis turned black for milliseconds here and there. If this was a recording problem, try to fix it since it looks a bit like you cut something out (and I'm sure you didn't).
- Your microphone sounds cheap. I don't expect you using a top-tier microphone, but it's a bit exhausting for my ears hearing a muffled voice.
- It was good first interview. However, you plan to make more interviews. Try to be more confident. There were a lot of "uh". I think this will get better the more interviews you do, though.
- Sometimes you showed some Russian text. I can only tell you my name in Russian since I was very bad in Russian at school. It would be nice if you could add English texts too since your audience probably is an international one.

+ You did some good graphical work with giving the viewer a few songs of Travis.
+ I do like the way you created the ampersand (&) symbol with the SEB font.
~ Not really a problem, but I'd like to see some artist information instead of a black border around the webcam recording.

I subscribed to your channel and look forward to new stuff. The interview length was good and you asked many interesting questions. My favorite part was Travis' description of how he creates music.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Jan 2018, 06:41

KiraTM wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 22:06 - It was good first interview. However, you plan to make more interviews. Try to be more confident. There were a lot of "uh". I think this will get better the more interviews you do, though.
You're expecting a whole lot from people that has limited English. That's not a lack of confidence, that's a lack of English speaking practice because you're not used to it So, you "err" a lot searching for words. If this was a native speaker, I'd totally agree but not here. Note that, in Russia's schools, they teach very little English. That's why a lot of Russian barely speaks any of it (in my experience).

In the general sense, maybe you could recruit a native English speaker to do the speaking parts? Also maybe do some "dubbing" for a russian version of the video. In other words, replace the native English speaker that asked the question with yourself asking the same question but in Russian. Like that, you'll reach out to your compatriots (Russian subtitles might be a thing to do though). Or an alternative idea: write your questions down and put them up on screen.

And I had a lot of trouble understanding you, I had to relate on Google Translating the question in Russian to be able to get a grasp as what was going on. Which double down on my ideas above.

I like the idea overall.

Other technical details:
- The video feed seems to be of bad quality. I don't know if it's because the original video was that low quality or you used a low recording bitrate. Maybe look into it?
- Like Kira said, your Mic quality is basic to say the least. Look into it and also, when saving your voice; avoid using lossy (mp3, ogg...) and save that for the video. It doesn't need to be a high bitrate; Just so it doesn't sound like you're speaking through a can.
(might add some more if I can think of new ones)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 22 Jan 2018, 10:56

Last edited by xiao on 23 Jan 2018, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Mainstone
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Mainstone » 22 Jan 2018, 12:33

KiraTM wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 22:06 Interesting channel concept. I'm looking forward to ore interviews.
I just watched the whole interview with Travis. A few things which disturbed me:
- The webcam of Travis turned black for milliseconds here and there. If this was a recording problem, try to fix it since it looks a bit like you cut something out (and I'm sure you didn't).
- Your microphone sounds cheap. I don't expect you using a top-tier microphone, but it's a bit exhausting for my ears hearing a muffled voice.
- It was good first interview. However, you plan to make more interviews. Try to be more confident. There were a lot of "uh". I think this will get better the more interviews you do, though.
- Sometimes you showed some Russian text. I can only tell you my name in Russian since I was very bad in Russian at school. It would be nice if you could add English texts too since your audience probably is an international one.

+ You did some good graphical work with giving the viewer a few songs of Travis.
+ I do like the way you created the ampersand (&) symbol with the SEB font.
~ Not really a problem, but I'd like to see some artist information instead of a black border around the webcam recording.

I subscribed to your channel and look forward to new stuff. The interview length was good and you asked many interesting questions. My favorite part was Travis' description of how he creates music.
Well, thx for the critique.
— It wasn't a recording problem. Discord servers are awful or that time they had some technical issues, as I wrote in video's description.
— Yes, my mic isn't a top-tier. I think I should buy a new one ASAP.
— The Russian text in the video showed comments (their questions to Travis) from our subscribers. I thought it was a good idea and everyone would understand.

Thanks for all. We will try to be better. (:

Mainstone
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Mainstone » 22 Jan 2018, 12:56

Lebon14 wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 06:41
KiraTM wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 22:06 - It was good first interview. However, you plan to make more interviews. Try to be more confident. There were a lot of "uh". I think this will get better the more interviews you do, though.
You're expecting a whole lot from people that has limited English. That's not a lack of confidence, that's a lack of English speaking practice because you're not used to it So, you "err" a lot searching for words. If this was a native speaker, I'd totally agree but not here. Note that, in Russia's schools, they teach very little English. That's why a lot of Russian barely speaks any of it (in my experience).

In the general sense, maybe you could recruit a native English speaker to do the speaking parts? Also maybe do some "dubbing" for a russian version of the video. In other words, replace the native English speaker that asked the question with yourself asking the same question but in Russian. Like that, you'll reach out to your compatriots (Russian subtitles might be a thing to do though). Or an alternative idea: write your questions down and put them up on screen.

And I had a lot of trouble understanding you, I had to relate on Google Translating the question in Russian to be able to get a grasp as what was going on. Which double down on my ideas above.

I like the idea overall.

Other technical details:
- The video feed seems to be of bad quality. I don't know if it's because the original video was that low quality or you used a low recording bitrate. Maybe look into it?
- Like Kira said, your Mic quality is basic to say the least. Look into it and also, when saving your voice; avoid using lossy (mp3, ogg...) and save that for the video. It doesn't need to be a high bitrate; Just so it doesn't sound like you're speaking through a can.
(might add some more if I can think of new ones)
Thanks for the review.
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but, whatever.
I don't think that we can find anybody who speaks English purely. Moreover, with such format I want to improve my knowledge of English. Also, I think that the English-speaking people will forgive me and tolerate (?) a little, because, in my opinion, I'm not the important thing in the video, but the guest is.

Don't worry for my compatriots. Most of them understand English. Within a month we will make Russian subtitles, but it can take time. And a list of questions is in the attached comment below.

As for the other points, I've already written about them above :)

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 22 Jan 2018, 13:23

Mainstone wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 12:56I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but, whatever.
I don't think that we can find anybody who speaks English purely. Moreover, with such format I want to improve my knowledge of English. Also, I think that the English-speaking people will forgive me and tolerate (?) a little, because, in my opinion, I'm not the important thing in the video, but the guest is.
Don't worry about that, it was your first interview anyway. I'm sure you will improve with time and it's not like it is unwatchable. :)

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 22 Jan 2018, 16:06

I don't think you'd need a native speaker. However, you could re-record your questions and make your original voice silent. I do know the problem of speaking to a native speaker instead of speaking to your teacher or students. I didn't want to sound like I expect a fluent language. Be it confidence or something else, it would be nice if you could reduce the "err" in the final video.
Last edited by KiraTM on 22 Jan 2018, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

JeffreySoftbark
Eurocurious

Post by JeffreySoftbark » 22 Jan 2018, 16:08

really awesome! looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work :)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 22 Jan 2018, 19:10

Awesome interview. I sort of liked how upset and angry Travis got when talking about the ways of Avex. This was before the end of SEB was announced, so the words '2018 will be a good year' will for sure be true.

Looking forward to the next interview. :)!

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 23 Jan 2018, 15:46

Oh, that's so awesome.