SCP's Eurobeat Kudos Series

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Re: [CONFIRMED] SCP's Euro(beat)Kudos Vol.9 & 10 releases w/Unreleased & Euromach Extendeds

Post by Rain197 » 11 Mar 2018, 14:05

Mikaeru wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 00:36 And Night Flight is "Jenny Bellucci - Getting Ready for a Night" from that Euroenergy vol 2 release.
I need an explanation on who's behind DEF...

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Re: [CONFIRMED] SCP's Euro(beat)Kudos Vol.9 & 10 releases w/Unreleased & Euromach Extendeds

Post by cheeseman » 12 Mar 2018, 07:46

OMG OMG OMG, I never imagined this would happen - so much SCP goodness in extended (and lossless) glory - including unreleased stuff! THANK YOU, SCP! :!:
Rain197 wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 14:05
Mikaeru wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 00:36 And Night Flight is "Jenny Bellucci - Getting Ready for a Night" from that Euroenergy vol 2 release.
I need an explanation on who's behind DEF...
The SIAE database reveals some interesting info:

It's the same for basically all the Euroenergy tracks, which really confuses me, as the Rocky/"Falko" and Lucya/"Jenny Bellucci" tracks are obviously SCP, yet somehow they got registered like this... :o

JeffreySoftbark
Eurocurious

Post by JeffreySoftbark » 12 Mar 2018, 18:17

Extended Euromach tracks? Yes please! X3 <3

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 12 Mar 2018, 22:23

Has anyone else had problems downloading from DJTunes? I paid for EK10, but half of the mp3s are less than a minute long. And I have yet to hear back from anyone on the site.

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 12 Mar 2018, 23:53

cheeseman wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 07:46 The SIAE database reveals some interesting info:

It's the same for basically all the Euroenergy tracks, which really confuses me, as the Rocky/"Falko" and Lucya/"Jenny Bellucci" tracks are obviously SCP, yet somehow they got registered like this... :o
BYM is BLOW YOUR MIND, a Dave Rodgers single, and, a label.
https://www.discogs.com/label/111687-BYM

DEF i just don't know, I suppose is a Laurent thing.

As for the song, I know that Stefano and Rodgers worked together when Double Rec was a thing.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 13 Mar 2018, 00:22

para_rigby wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 22:23Has anyone else had problems downloading from DJTunes? I paid for EK10, but half of the mp3s are less than a minute long. And I have yet to hear back from anyone on the site.
Personally I like sticking to Bandcamp so I haven't bought anything on DJ Tunes .. and I've had bad experiences with Juno & Japanese sites. So I stick to either Bandcamp or iTunes. ♪

But if you have a purchase problem .. DM SCP on Twitter or Stef & Ace on Facebook. I'm sure they'd be happy to help ya out if time permits .. just show 'em proof of purchase.
sethreed wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 23:53DEF I just don't know, I suppose it's a Laurent thing.
Dance Euro Freak .. Dank Extended Fun .. Don't Ever Funk (on a nasty dunk) ?? :U

.. shooting from the hip here Image
🪐

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 Mar 2018, 01:10

Why would Laurent have any interest in releasing stuff from Double/SCP or A-BEAT C? He never worked at either...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Mar 2018, 05:41

para_rigby wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 22:23 Has anyone else had problems downloading from DJTunes? I paid for EK10, but half of the mp3s are less than a minute long. And I have yet to hear back from anyone on the site.
That sounds like a bad download.
If it comes to that, contact SCP on facebook and show them your DJTunes receipe to get your MP3s.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 13 Mar 2018, 06:28

xiao wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 00:22
sethreed wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 23:53DEF I just don't know, I suppose it's a Laurent thing.
Dance Euro Freak .. Dank Extended Fun .. Don't Ever Funk (on a nasty dunk) ?? :U

.. shooting from the hip here Image
Dance Evolution Fire :P

Also, definitely not a Laurent thing - just because it's got a shady legal status doesn't automatically mean it's him... :???:
sethreed wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 23:53 As for the song, I know that Stefano and Rodgers worked together when Double Rec was a thing.
I don't think they worked together per se, just that Double was a Contini label, initially featuring Rodgers/A-Beat-C tracks, and later SCP stuff.

Also, the songwriting credits listed at SIAE are simply false - if you look e.g. here, you can see the actual songwriting credits:
Stefano Castagna, Composer - Evelina Somenzi, Lyricist

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 13 Mar 2018, 13:43

cheeseman wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 06:28 Also, definitely not a Laurent thing - just because it's got a shady legal status doesn't automatically mean it's him... :???:
I think he sold a soundbank looooooong time ago(more than 6 years ago). Full of samples and audio clips. AFAIK, he told everybody it was Delta soundbank, for Eurobeat Production. BUT, it had some ABeatC samples in it. Can anyone confirm that? I didn't buy it(I thought it was illegal at the time)

Maybe it's a bootleg by some other dude from the labels.

cheeseman wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 06:28 Also, the songwriting credits listed at SIAE are simply false - if you look e.g. here, you can see the actual songwriting credits:
That doesn't mean anything. A song can be registered to only one person, and produced by 10 others. You can register any composer/lyricist/producer/vocal/etc...

But it can too be registered to just one person. I don't think there is "false" information on SIAE. At the moment they registered on SIAE, someone registered as Alkogan. When they registered on Feiyr, they just shown the corrected info.

Edit:
Goal Galactico.png
Goal Galactico.png (17.12 KiB) Viewed 4649 times
That song was released 4 years ago, I think, as
Goal Galactico - Undo under DEF label. Dave posted under his personal face and page about that song being released.
Now that song is on Euroenergy Vol 5 as Goal Galactico - Alejandro

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 13 Mar 2018, 15:01

cheeseman wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 06:28I don't think they worked together per se, just that Double was a Contini label, initially featuring Rodgers/A-Beat-C tracks, and later SCP stuff.
sethreed wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 13:43A song can be registered to only one person, and produced by 10 others. You can register any composer/lyricist/producer/vocal/etc...
SIAE is used solely to register the composers of music, lyrics and title (see above).

SIAE isn't used to register the roles of arranger, producer, vocalist (whatever they really made) or invented project name (which can be changed anytime, anywhere).

For me SIAE always seemed the most reliable, because all scams (differences) in credits occured on vinyls or CDs and these were in favor of big producers, not these "10 others".

According to the catalogue S. Castagna is credited in 10 tracks under A.Beat-C. only in 1992 (including the songs released already in 1993).

The only relation between Double (A.Beat-C.) and Double (SCP) is the publisher Contini Edizioni Musicali. Producers always shared the tracks between labels/sublabels as they wished, no permission was needed by SIAE or the more Japanese.

From composing to final production is very long way. If G. Pasquini is the supposed author, this even might've been predicted for old Double and later just "taken" or bought by S. Castagna and prepared as brand new song under new alias when he again used Double. Pretty normal in Italy...

Why not to ask S. Castagna ?

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 13 Mar 2018, 17:00

Crockett wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 15:01 From composing to final production is very long way. If G. Pasquini is the supposed author, this even might've been predicted for old Double and later just "taken" or bought by S. Castagna and prepared as brand new song under new alias when he again used Double. Pretty normal in Italy...
As I said, SIAE is only for registering these basic information, and distribute copyright, but sometimes, they register more than one person in a role. And that person is not exactly responsible for that role. Sometimes, they only register one person for all roles.
It doesn't matter. Is only informational. It's like: "If you need to pay authoral rights, contact the author/producer/lyricist of that song, because they MAY have the rights(if not exclusively sold for someone else)."

So that explains the Alkogan aliase on SCP tracks. But:

I dare to say it's pretty normal everywhere.
Crockett wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 15:01 Why not to ask S. Castagna ?
I don't think we need to bother him with this. He didn't upload the Euroenergy and other releases. But we can ask Rodgers about ABeatC songs on that bootleg album.

Well, we can ask the year of production of these tracks on Eurobeat Kudos. Just some cool info to share.

Ok, some info:
Euroenergy Vol.4
Various Artists
© 2011 BYM (ONLY Vol 4 Still on Spotify)

Euroenergy, Vol. 4
Various Artists
© 2017 Def

Goal Galactico - UNDO
© 2014 BYM

Every single from "dave rodgers" uses Bym (uncaptalized letters as Def) or ZYX
Last edited by sethreed on 13 Mar 2018, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 13 Mar 2018, 17:09

I don't think he (G.Pasquini) knows. Months ago, I've asked him about the lyrics.
His answer :
" I don't know because i m not the person who follows that project..

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 13 Mar 2018, 17:24

youtu.be/5N-1Z59Vw00

Xpress Your Love and Weekendance seem really good! Also interesting to have Milena doing stuff under SCP.
And of course Easy Busy makes every compilation that much better. Baby let me hear you sing it~~~

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: SCP's Eurobeat Kudos Series Vol.9+ Unreleased & Extendeds Discussion

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Mar 2018, 17:57

Changed the thread title again. More general. Because we know we are going to have more than Volume 16.
Bore wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 17:24
youtu.be/5N-1Z59Vw00

Xpress Your Love and Weekendance seem really good! Also interesting to have Milena doing stuff under SCP.
And of course Easy Busy makes every compilation that much better. Baby let me hear you sing it~~~
You can hear 2min previews of each songs on DJTunes.
http://www.djtunes.com/various-artists- ... t-kudos-11
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!