DJ Boss considers recording Japanese Eurobeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Rain197
Eurobeat Master

DJ Boss considers recording Japanese Eurobeat

Post by Rain197 » 28 Apr 2018, 22:01

See http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtop ... 135#p62758

What could they (avex) do worse?
"Ok, for the renewal of SEB, let's make covers !!!"

フェアリーズ / HEY HEY 〜Light Me Up〜
Cover of : Vanessa - Hey Hey

youtu.be/S3TZGylzgoM

eggモデル / I LOVE egg (to be released)
Cover of : Domino - I Wanna Dance

youtu.be/oW8I4eDjQpI

DA PUMP / U.S.A.
Cover of : Joe Yellow - U.S.A.

youtu.be/sr--GVIoluU

What next ?
Last edited by Rain197 on 06 Jun 2018, 13:53, edited 3 times in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: "Considering recording Japanese production music" DJ Boss

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Apr 2018, 22:15

Hey Hey is legit good though.
For "I Love Egg" however... I mean, I love "I Wanna Dance" but when you take a song, remove the original vocals and put new vocals and lyrics on top of the original melody (not even remixed or re-arranged like with Hinoi Team!)... it's just a big fat no.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Apr 2018, 22:25

Why not re-name the series Mega J-EuroBeat? Since Avex is apparently not re-contracting the Italian labels, it's not really fair to call it "eurobeat" since none of it would be Italo flavored. It would just be series with (cut off) Italo roots.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Apr 2018, 22:32

Bonkers wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 22:25 Why not re-name the series Mega J-EuroBeat? Since Avex is apparently not re-contracting the Italian labels, it's not really fair to call it "eurobeat" since none of it would be Italo flavored. It would just be series with (cut off) Italo roots.
Eurobeat is eurobeat. No matter where it's produced or in which language it's sung in. Would you call Travis' eurobeat A-Eurobeat (American Eurobeat) just because he lives in the US? No? Well, it's the same for Japan. Personally, Eurobeat is far gone from its italo-disco roots (unless you are willing to do tracks with an italo/hi-nrg flavor).
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 29 Apr 2018, 05:07

Lebon14 wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 22:32 Personally, Eurobeat is far gone from its italo-disco roots
Ya, I can understand how you see that. The only tracks we had with any disco feel since 221 was Stephy Martin's "79", Vicky Vale's "Firegun", & Karen's "Maybe One Day", which wasn't even new for the times.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 30 Apr 2018, 18:41

Bonkers wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 22:25 Why not re-name the series Mega J-EuroBeat? Since Avex is apparently not re-contracting the Italian labels, it's not really fair to call it "eurobeat" since none of it would be Italo flavored. It would just be series with (cut off) Italo roots.
Have you ever thought why only one CD series in entire world reached 250 volumes, therein over 50% was increasingly unpopular ?

That's Eurobeat at least had several subseries and each of them began in different periods and these introduced various discography.

Everybody complaints about the lack of promotion, but nobody notices how ridiculous it might look like as well.

For youth this is already cheesy old stuff, for a long-term listener that's a fraud, 28 years in a row, and years back without the artists, producers and labels who established and the most contributed in Super Eurobeat success.

The company makes a fool of many generations keeping the same name as SEB. They break the record in releasing numerous CDs, what has the same value like breaking the record in eating donuts...

Simply... Do you care of new music or continuation of untrue, dozens times changed SEB ? :)

Would you not feel more interested in, if a new product on the market appears ? Something what really represents the current music and artists.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: DJ Boss considers recording Japanese Eurobeat

Post by KiraTM » 01 May 2018, 07:27

I have mixed feeling about it.
They let SEB die and suddenly there are rumors/plans about relaunching the series again but in a totally different way.
The Italian Eurobeat always fit more in my taste than Japanese (inide) Eurobeat. I would have no problem with having a mixture of both, so more different styles come together. Maybe even in a megamixed form and the opprtunity to buy extendeds by yourself.

Then there was this rage by Travis on Twitter and I con completely relate to his points. In the end, he said, if SEB will still be called SEB but only with Japanese artists, people should boycott the series.

As a fan, I agree.
As someone who needs the money more for his own living, I agree too.
But as a guy who loves listening to Eurobeat, this would be a missed opprtunity to find new music, artists and maybe favorite songs.
And last but not least, as a collector I want to catch'em all - this applies for the whole SEB series. (By the way, 248 recently was my 100th SEB!)

Yeah, SEB changed over time, but this would be the biggest change at once, wouldn't it?

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 May 2018, 03:15

KiraTM wrote: 01 May 2018, 07:27

Yeah, SEB changed over time, but this would be the biggest change at once, wouldn't it?
Seems like it. Yes, I can understand why Travis is mad, but his main outlet has been A-One, not Avex. Anyways, I really do hate to see the Italian labels go. I like J-Euro, but I also like being able to sing along with my music. If Boss only continues with J-Euro artists, isn't that going to bury the genre even more in the grave since there just isn't a lot of...how would you say it...global revenue from genres not in English?

If Boss wishes to continue the series, why not open the door for new labels and artists who have been trying to release music? It's hard to believe the entire genre of published (Italo) Eurobeat is only created by what, 8 people? You go on Trackitdown or beatport, and there's nothing from not one other soul from any country.

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 02 May 2018, 07:19

Bonkers wrote: 02 May 2018, 03:15but I also like being able to sing along with my music
That shouldn't stop you from translating the lyrics into romanji and trying to sing along :D

I personally don't think that eurobeat won't profit from having J-Euro artists (as far as Japan is concerned) but it will surely make it more niche in the western world which makes me wonder if there are any "big" eurobeat producers in the west except the one's from Italy.
You can't expect Avex to pick up some producers and start a new compilation from scratch because they are trying to make business here and it's a bigger risk to make something new rather than just keeping it locally in Japan (where most of the eurobeat listeners live I suppose) and keep it low risk.

Nowadays we should focus less on having a big label control everything and have small producers to their own thing on a platform they really can present their stuff.
Just take a look at M3 or Reitaisai in Japan. There are hundreds and hundreds of people which are in no contract with a company like Avex and who produce awesome, exciting and even better content than them.
It would also solve some of licensing issues where people have been waiting for extendeds but couldn't get them because the law didn't allow it.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 09 May 2018, 20:37

Message from Jason Schwartz :
"FYI everyone, dj boss is meeting with all major labels in Milan this month! Should have bit his tongue huh?"

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 09 May 2018, 21:05

DJ Boss: Look, I know we were originally going to move forward with no regards to you, buuuuuuut, it seems parapara and eurobeat are becoming popular with the age group that will be turning "of age" to enter Maharaja, and well, they really prefer the EURO side of the music, if you get what I mean...

Labels: We finally have our freedom and now you want us to come back?
Futura: Where do I sign?

I kid, but I mean, its bittersweet to see them go, but if Avex can't guarantee much of the newfound freedom they have now, I would rather leave knowing I supplied material to this series through thick and thin, and say "now it's someone else's turn", than to go back to being under such control by Avex Rec.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 09 May 2018, 21:19

I would love for the series to continue as its the only outlet for eurobeat at the moment, but if the labels are just going to keep churning out the same sound they have been, how much better is the series going to be IF the labels come back? Maybe if they brought back the disco sound of the 1994 era, or the cheesy sounds of the euromach era, because that would be "fresh" for the new ppl (and honestly fresh for me too!) There would definitely need to be a new sound pushed. Hi-NRG Attack writing track after track with the same vocal pattern, same A/B melo melodies just isn't going to cut it (they get did get better after 240), and SCP using the same synth samples and Hotblade/Go2 tracks isn't going to cut it either. This is definitely a good time for Dima to head on over to a more suitable genre for him. Who knows...

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 10 May 2018, 07:45

That's some interesting news.I expect a better ending than the meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-Un. :P

If I would own a Eurobeat label and DJ Boss wants to talk about a coming back, I would only sign a contract that allows me to still release stuff on my own. Maybe with restrictions like releasing worldwide except Japan or with a month between SEB and single release.
Bonkers wrote: 09 May 2018, 21:05 Labels: We finally have our freedom and now you want us to come back?
That was the best thing I read here recently. :grin:

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 10 May 2018, 16:11

Rain197 wrote: 09 May 2018, 20:37dj boss is meeting with all major labels in Milan this month!"
Today's status of labels and artists:

Dave Rodgers - no label, zero contribution recently, at least a half of year spends in Thailand, oriented only towards solo singing, pretending rock star, because he tries to fulfil his personal dreams, covered in Eurobeat genre.

Go Go's Music - whether SEB was keep running or not, the main producers and owners weren't engaged from a long time. One Manuel, freelancer and next ultra rock/metalhead who doesn't want to be associated with any songs he didn't composed, just stuck in this label.

SCP - they are eager.

Dima Music - another rock/metalhead, willing too.

Hi-NRG Attack - Eurobeat always.

Delta - Clara Moroni has career outside of Eurobeat, remained newer staff eager to continue.

SinclaireStyle - again, metalhead, surely sign a new contract, all he has and he is, he owes Avex Trax.

Boom Boom Beat - in fact never related with Avex Trax, own distribution, different past, DJ Boss should visit SAIFAM office, if he wants something.

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 10 May 2018, 16:57

Bonkers wrote: 09 May 2018, 21:05 Labels: We finally have our freedom and now you want us to come back?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA