The Almost-Complete Euromach Extended - a.k.a. So Close and yet So Far!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

The Almost-Complete Euromach Extended - a.k.a. So Close and yet So Far!

Post by DJ Mike » 09 May 2018, 21:37

I've gotten back into my old Eurobeat collection in a big way lately... which has also spurred me onto filling in the gaps in the Euromach Extended collection I was trying to build but which only ever really got to gathering up most of Vibration and some Saifam + Hi NRG.

It's amazing just how much has been released digitally in the last few years - especially now SCP has finally joined the fray!

In fact, it's tantalising just how close my collection has gotten to actually completing a single Euromach CD in extended form!

Alas, not one CD has yet been fully reproduced in extended. :( However, surprisingly, four Euromach albums are now just one track away from being available in fully extended form (maybe with the odd radio edit from Eurobeat Flash).

(I'm discounting vinyl releases - because frankly vinyl quality is dire and deserves to be left where it belongs - in history.)

The number of tunes I've yet to get in extended is now a mere 50 (out of 358), consisting of:

Euromach 1 (1/26):
Toby Ash / Love and Fever Tonight (TIME)

Euromach 2 (6/26):
Suzy Lazy / Big Time (Delta / SinclaireStyle)
Silver / Brave Heart (TIME)
Linda Ross / Sugar Sugar Honey (TIME)
Mako / Rain (Delta / SinclaireStyle)
Karina / Don't Go Breaking My Heart (TIME)
Eurosisters / Ready 4 Your Lovely Game (TIME)

Euromach 3 (6/26):
Lisa Johnson / Your Passion (Catch My Life) (TIME)
Victoria / Love Rhapsody (TIME)
Go Go Girls / Walking Around The Town (A-Beat C)
Alexis / Night Angel (TIME)
Love & Pride / Move On (TIME)
Atrium / Zorro Zorro (TIME)

Euromach 4 (3/26):
Anika / Come Back To Me (TIME)
Macho Gang / Go Superman (TIME)
Anika / Change (Saifam)/

Euromach 5 (3/26):
Susan Bell / Happy To Dance (A-Beat C)
Marlene / Kiss and Hug Me (A-Beat C)
Emy / Another Love (Saifam)

Euromach 6 (4/26):
Go Go Girls / Going Home (A-Beat C)
Suzy Lazy / Suzy Lazy (Delta / SinclaireStyle)
Valentina / Don't Stop The Music (A-Beat C)
Vanessa / The Final Countdown (TIME)

Euromach 7 (1/26):
Norma Sheffield / My Love For You (A-Beat C)

Euromach 8 (5/26):
Lucya / Give You My Love (SCP)
Norma Sheffield / Little Love (A-Beat C)
Leila / Happy Happy (Delta / SinclaireStyle)
Susan Bell / One Night To Remember (A-Beat C)
High Level / Take My Time (TIME)

Euromach 9 (1/25):
Ace Warrior / Black Roses (A-Beat C)

Euromach 11 (1/25):
Susan Bell / A Little Goodbye (A-Beat C)

Euromach 12 (5/25):
Susan Bell / Gimme The World (A-Beat C)
Valentina / Trust Me Now (A-Beat C)
Mr. M / Walking To My Life (TIME)
Lolita / Sexy Lover Sexy Night (A-Beat C)
Ace Warrior / King of the Nightmares (A-Beat C)

Euromach 13 (4/25):
Susan Bell / I Just Wanna Dance (A-Beat C)
Marlene / I'm Coming (A-Beat C)
Eurobeat Girls / Turn Me On (Delta / SinclaireStyle)
Arena 69 / Tokyo (TIME)

Euromach 14 (7/25):
Ace Warrior / Feel The Fire (A-Beat C)
Alexis / Calling My Number (TIME)
Drama / Feelin' Alive (Delta / SinclaireStyle)
Mickey B. / Wind & Fire (A-Beat C)
Susan Bell / Music Is Love (A-Beat C)
Nick Mansell / Freedom Wild (SCP - coming in Eurobeat Kudos 17!)
Go Go Girls / Baby Can You Love Me (A-Beat C)

Euromach 15 (3/25):
Norma Sheffield / My Friend (A-Beat C)
Susan Bell / Curious (A-Beat C)
Drama / Slave To The Rhythm (Delta / SinclaireStyle)

There's one SCP track in that is definitely coming - the rest are still MIA. Unless someone knows different and can point me in some direction.

The vast majority of unreleased tunes are firmly in the TIME (17) / A-Beat C (22) / SinclaireStyle (7) camps. So the question is... are these guys gonna come to the JunoDownload party? :D Seriously... I will give you guys $5 a WAV at this point to complete this set! Sooooo close now!

Feels like I shouldn't hold my breath though...
Last edited by DJ Mike on 09 May 2018, 22:11, edited 4 times in total.

Tiger
Master of Time

Re: The Almost-Complete Euromach Extended - a.k.a. So Close and yet So Far!

Post by Tiger » 09 May 2018, 21:44

Some of those are released online or vinyl already like Zorro Zorro and Slave To The Rhythm. You should check again.

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 09 May 2018, 22:00

Tiger wrote: 09 May 2018, 21:44 Some of those are released online or vinyl already like Zorro Zorro and Slave To The Rhythm. You should check again.
I don't count vinyl. Dire quality, and especially awful when you consider the source material is pure digital. I'd take the megamix edits on CD over that.

If they're available to buy losslessly or at a reasonable quality (iTunes, 320kbps) then fine - but I've scoured for the remaining tracks and come up with nothing thus far...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 10 May 2018, 00:09

DJ Mike wrote: 09 May 2018, 22:00
Tiger wrote: 09 May 2018, 21:44 Some of those are released online or vinyl already like Zorro Zorro and Slave To The Rhythm. You should check again.
I don't count vinyl. Dire quality, and especially awful when you consider the source material is pure digital. I'd take the megamix edits on CD over that.

If they're available to buy losslessly or at a reasonable quality (iTunes, 320kbps) then fine - but I've scoured for the remaining tracks and come up with nothing thus far...
The problem with vinyl is not the sound quality because it's great. The problem is getting said great quality. You need to buy a 700$ turntable, a good cartridge and a good pre-amp. Then, if you want to do a good digital transfer, not only you'll have to clean the vinyl before hand (it's somehow expensive to do correctly...), you'll need to get dedicated computer soft and hardware; mainly a dedicated soundcard. iZotope for cleaning and declicking, etc. Once you are setup, vinyl is an amazing experience. You could go and just grab the most expensive and most well regarded turntable and be OK with its included hardware, but most purist would slap you in the face to not go the extra mile.

At the time when most A-Beat-C, Delta and Double (pre-SCP) vinyls were made, I would bet that most producers were still on analog or early digital transition. I would say that maybe they changed into digital mid-2000s.

Not counting them because of the format and the entry level is totally acceptable and also, the vinyls can get quite rare in good condition.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 10 May 2018, 03:54

It's a bummer that TIME and A-Beat C have never gotten the chance, throughout their existence, to release their catalogues for the world to check out. The reason for this, of course, is that AVEX had more authority over them than they did other labels, but the sheer number of A-Beat C and TIME tracks on that list is still telling. A-Beat C at least had several special collections, but TIME remains the only major label to never have a single release separate from a main eurobeat compilation series, and to this day I still don't understand what has legally impeded them from doing so, especially considering they've been dead for several years now, including Eurogrooves.

I'm also totally perplexed as to why Saifam still hasn't made their Beaver Records catalogue more publicly available again like they did with their other dance labels. I did purchase "Another Love" back when their old eurobeat was still available to purchase on their main site and I still had the chance, but as for everything else, your only options are to get lucky in your search for their tracks on YouTube, or, if you're willing to dish out $20 for a single track, you can register an account on this website (it's still a better deal than $30 pretty much just for "Tiger"...). Its primary purpose, kind of hilariously, is to grant customers licenses to remix Saifam dance songs into school cheerleading medleys, but it also happens to be the only place on the Internet where you can listen to and purchase songs like "Hot Night" by VIP Girls and "Blue Girl" by Doctor Gabriel.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 10 May 2018, 06:53

#Infinity wrote: 10 May 2018, 03:54 or, if you're willing to dish out $20 for a single track, you can register an account on this website (it's still a better deal than $30 pretty much just for "Tiger"...). Its primary purpose, kind of hilariously, is to grant customers licenses to remix Saifam dance songs into school cheerleading medleys, but it also happens to be the only place on the Internet where you can listen to and purchase songs like "Hot Night" by VIP Girls and "Blue Girl" by Doctor Gabriel.
Actually, you can't register. You have to proove that you are one of these organizations: school, college, university or cheerleading manager.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 10 May 2018, 07:37

Lebon14 wrote: 10 May 2018, 00:09At the time when most A-Beat-C, Delta and Double (pre-SCP) vinyls were made, I would bet that most producers were still on analog or early digital transition. I would say that maybe they changed into digital mid-2000s.

Not counting them because of the format and the entry level is totally acceptable and also, the vinyls can get quite rare in good condition.
Going a bit off topic here, but in my view the problem is not just in the reproduction of vinyl (which, as you say, requires a ridiculous amount of expensive gear), but also in the constraint of the medium. Vinyl simply was never designed with the "noisy" genre of Eurobeat in mind. The love people have of vinyl was also not because of the accuracy of its reproduction, but because of the aural warmth it gave music (when reproduced on good equipment).

Plus, music in the vinyl age was very specifically engineered to sound good on vinyl (and often required a lot of careful remastering to get as close on CD). The same is unlikely to be said of late 90s onwards Eurobeat - certainly not when CD was the the ultimate destination of most of that music for primary distribution.

I would also dispute how 'early' digital transition those labels were by the Euromach era. While I imagine they weren't working purely inside software tools as would probably be the case now, they will undoubtedly have been employing high quality digital synthesisers and multitrack recorders by then. There was probably analog in the chain (effects units, wiring), but I would still expect more of the equipment in the chain - especially the recording devices - to be digital.

Saifam (and early Vibration) are the anomaly - I do think they have the sound of more analog techniques (maybe they continued recording to multitrack tape longer).

But either way, when you take such a 'noisy', high dynamic and frequency range digital recording, and commit it to vinyl, no amount of expensive gear is going to recover that which has already been lost.

I don't dispute that vinyl has way more range than typical consumer equipment tends to reproduce - but it ain't nearly as capable as digital (and has other inherent flaws such as the effects of the Constant Angular Velocity used for playback).

But either way, this is all a moot point - like you say, vinyl is too expensive to reproduce well. I would also argue that I'd want to be as close to the digital copy that the producers gave to Avex as possible - that means releasing the digital files / DAT mixdowns. That SCP are doing this is fantastic - maybe they could call up the A-Beat C and TIME guys and encourage them along a bit. :D
Last edited by DJ Mike on 10 May 2018, 09:26, edited 2 times in total.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 10 May 2018, 07:57

Lebon14 wrote: 10 May 2018, 06:53
#Infinity wrote: 10 May 2018, 03:54 or, if you're willing to dish out $20 for a single track, you can register an account on this website (it's still a better deal than $30 pretty much just for "Tiger"...). Its primary purpose, kind of hilariously, is to grant customers licenses to remix Saifam dance songs into school cheerleading medleys, but it also happens to be the only place on the Internet where you can listen to and purchase songs like "Hot Night" by VIP Girls and "Blue Girl" by Doctor Gabriel.
Actually, you can't register. You have to proove that you are one of these organizations: school, college, university or cheerleading manager.
I was able to register an account and get the songs I wanted. I stated I was representing my high school, for which I'm part of the alumni community. I told them I purchased the tracks specifically because this was the only place where I could buy them, despite the increased cost associated with the license. I noted that I was willing to revoke my order if that wasn't enough of a reason to own the songs, yet they still put up the songs to download after getting back to me and I've been able to listen to them as normal music files ever since.

Technically, by ordering a song, you're being granted the right to manipulate it for a cheerleading medley for a school, but you still get to download the .wav files as part of that. You can use the songs for the school medley purpose, which is usually prohibited by copyright laws, for as long as the license is in effect, but there's no telling whether or not somebody who purchases the license will be ultimately able to even put songs to use, depending on what occurs. It's certainly awkward and complicated, especially for music that's currently exclusive to this website but I can't possibly imagine even being utilized for conventional school cheerleading sets, but so long as you're not reselling the songs or distributing them to anybody other than the school you're representing, it's still a kosher method of obtaining the music. Whether or not I'm able to cobble together a cheerleading medley comprised of "Hot Night", "Call My Name", and "Dirty Man" to lend to my high school, this site and Saifam still made money off of my purchase.
ImageImage

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 23 May 2018, 19:21

Discovered I randomly have Ace Warrior / Black Roses on vinyl... now I just need £1,000 of equipment to make a half decent rip of it Lebon14. ;-)

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 24 May 2018, 14:08

#Infinity wrote: 10 May 2018, 03:54 It's a bummer that TIME and A-Beat C have never gotten the chance, throughout their existence, to release their catalogues for the world to check out. The reason for this, of course, is that AVEX had more authority over them than they did other labels, but the sheer number of A-Beat C and TIME tracks on that list is still telling. A-Beat C at least had several special collections, but TIME remains the only major label to never have a single release separate from a main eurobeat compilation series, and to this day I still don't understand what has legally impeded them from doing so, especially considering they've been dead for several years now, including Eurogrooves.

I'm also totally perplexed as to why Saifam still hasn't made their Beaver Records catalogue more publicly available again like they did with their other dance labels. I did purchase "Another Love" back when their old eurobeat was still available to purchase on their main site and I still had the chance, but as for everything else, your only options are to get lucky in your search for their tracks on YouTube, or, if you're willing to dish out $20 for a single track, you can register an account on this website (it's still a better deal than $30 pretty much just for "Tiger"...). Its primary purpose, kind of hilariously, is to grant customers licenses to remix Saifam dance songs into school cheerleading medleys, but it also happens to be the only place on the Internet where you can listen to and purchase songs like "Hot Night" by VIP Girls and "Blue Girl" by Doctor Gabriel.
Eurogrooves is dead. But Eurogrooves came from Eurobeat producers of Time label. Giacomo Maiolini still have the label, now focused on mainstream artists since the exit of SEB.
http://www.timerec.it/#chi_siamo

"Oh it's not the same label"
It's the same honcho, the same name, and he STILL have the rights with some of the EG producers.

AFAIK, he isn't interested in Eurobeat/Eurodance anymore. Curious enough, he still releases some Eurodance on streaming plataforms, but NOTHING from IN/OUT sublabel (And I don't know why, it's the BEST eurodance/house/techno songs ever produced by them)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 May 2018, 11:11

My dee jay equiptement was always technics 400 Turn tables , so All my vinyls sound great. especially the ones from 90's. Time, Asia, AbeatC, Vibration, HRG Attack, and Delta. The only ones that sound muffled were the last pressed from HRG Attack. Even with the trebel almost all the way up. A few of my Boom Boom Beat vinyls were also pressed with too much bass. The best thing about vinyl is that you could speed em up or slow them down. Now you can do that on Audacity. You can even un hype the vocals a bit, to the point where you like the song.

I have a few of those TIOME trcaks in extended, but would love to have the rest.

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 26 May 2018, 11:22

I wrote to Giancarlo Pasquini on FB to see if he was able to sell his music... alas he doesn't own the rights to anything A-Beat C. I guess the rights must purely be with Avex at this point? I know they and TIME had a much tighter contract with Avex than SCP, HiNRG, Saifam etc. do/did. Shame if so - I guess we will probably never see those songs in extended. :(

Although I do have to wonder what prompted Avex to upload that single Euromach 15 track (Ace Warrior - Blem Blem) in extended on Mora. Was the whole album there at one point?

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 02 Jun 2018, 12:17

DJ Mike wrote: 26 May 2018, 11:22 I wrote to Giancarlo Pasquini on FB to see if he was able to sell his music... alas he doesn't own the rights to anything A-Beat C. I guess the rights must purely be with Avex at this point? I know they and TIME had a much tighter contract with Avex than SCP, HiNRG, Saifam etc. do/did. Shame if so - I guess we will probably never see those songs in extended. :(
Not necessarily. You could try to get in touch with Alberto Contini. Remember the C in A Beat C is for Contini. The records were published by Contini Edizioni Musicali.

I wouldn't be surprised if Giancarlo Pasquini was the artistic genious and Alberto Contini the one who owns the rights 8)

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 08 Jun 2018, 15:54

T.I.M.E. added some extended on their YT channel. Here's 2 euromach :

youtu.be/RUY5kHbwkHE

youtu.be/O_9i86ZQ1b4

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 08 Jun 2018, 17:51

Such teases... Put them up on JunoDownload already! :-D