Introduce eurobeat to a new person

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Founder

Introduce eurobeat to a new person

Post by Bore » 15 Aug 2004, 11:25

I was just wondering about this the other day, as a few people were asking me that "What the heck is eurobeat" and I tried to briefly explain how it is, but I guess the best way would be to play them a song and then let them decide for themselves.

Which eurobeat song(s) would you use when introducing the whole genre to a person who has never heard anything about eurobeat?

My picks would be:

Matt Land - Fever The Night
Nuage - Baby Get My Fire Tonite
Susy Wender - Runaway
Lolita - Try Me

Which song from all of the eurobeat songs out there would blow the newbies minds?

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 15 Aug 2004, 13:31

Mine would be

Franz Tornado - Bandolero Comanchero
Dave Rodgers - Kingdom of Rock
Cherry - Yesterday
Lolita - Beautiful Day
Ken Martin - Bad World

riikou
Eurocurious

Post by riikou » 15 Aug 2004, 21:21

I'd say mine would have to be:

Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire
Newfield - Moroni - Sinclaire - Goodbye Japan
Marko Polo - Money, Go!
Kiki & Kika - Easy Busy
Luna - Guardian Angel
King & Queen - Dancing Queen

MaxXRage
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MaxXRage » 16 Aug 2004, 01:51

Ummm... I think mine would have to be:
Bazooka Girl - Velfarre 2000
Domino - ParaPara Paradise
Nuage - I Just Want to keep you Hangin'on
Mister Max - Tokyo Killer
Leslie Parrish - Save Me

Here i can say about the ParaPara dance and the InitialD anime. =)
About Velfarre too...

And its cool because some friends know the Nuage music... Or the melody... They say "I think I know that song..." =D

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 16 Aug 2004, 11:16

Anything from 140+

I Want Your Balalika, Heart Attack, and Right Now for example. ^^;

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 16 Aug 2004, 14:50

Nine wrote:Anything from 140+

I Want Your Balalika, Heart Attack, and Right Now for example. ^^;
I'm shocked... no Domino? :O

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 16 Aug 2004, 15:23

Bore wrote: I'm shocked... no Domino? :O
you said "to introduce eurobeat" not "to introduce domino" :P I was thinking about what music to introduce someone with, from experience

and thinking of other songs:

Hot For Your Body, any Manuel song, Bye Bye Baby, Me, Myself & I, etc.

MaxXRage
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MaxXRage » 16 Aug 2004, 19:00

Bye bye Baby is cool too ^^

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Introduce eurobeat to a new person

Post by Kat » 21 Apr 2017, 13:11

Bazooka Girl - Velfarre 2000 of course
Go Go Girls - My Sweet Banana
Valentina - I Know
and maybe something from oldies like Tasha - My Turn(Extended) from That's Eurobeat classics
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 25 Apr 2017, 04:49

Dusty - Crazy For Love and Krystal & Dima - Let The Music Play

Crazy For Love is aggressive, "manly" Eurobeat. I think it's easily accessible. Let The Music Play is more lighthearted and bubbly, but is still pure Eurobeat. I can't agree with throwing a Hi-NRG Attack song at someone off the bat, unless you're trying to turn someone away from the genre.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 25 Apr 2017, 11:26

otter87 wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 04:49 Dusty - Crazy For Love and Krystal & Dima - Let The Music Play

Crazy For Love is aggressive, "manly" Eurobeat. I think it's easily accessible. Let The Music Play is more lighthearted and bubbly, but is still pure Eurobeat. I can't agree with throwing a Hi-NRG Attack song at someone off the bat, unless you're trying to turn someone away from the genre.
I would definitely throw some Hi-NRG Attk at some new peeps! 90s & 2000-2010 material was ace. Outside Hi-NRG Attk, I would probably dig into the 90s or early 2000s from eurobeat roots, and then give an example from 2007-2009, and then some new examples from the 221 relaunch era we're in.

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 26 Apr 2017, 01:26

Bonkers wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 11:26
otter87 wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 04:49 Dusty - Crazy For Love and Krystal & Dima - Let The Music Play

I would definitely throw some Hi-NRG Attk at some new peeps! 90s & 2000-2010 material was ace. Outside Hi-NRG Attk, I would probably dig into the 90s or early 2000s from eurobeat roots, and then give an example from 2007-2009, and then some new examples from the 221 relaunch era we're in.
I guess it would depend on what track you went with. I just think a fast, corny song about cows or Russia would be considered a bit weird to most. Don't get me wrong, Hi-NRG Attack was one of my favorite labels and I still dig their stuff a lot, I just think most people wouldn't be able to soak it in too well initially.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 26 Apr 2017, 19:21

otter87 wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 01:26

I guess it would depend on what track you went with. I just think a fast, corny song about cows or Russia would be considered a bit weird to most. Don't get me wrong, Hi-NRG Attack was one of my favorite labels and I still dig their stuff a lot, I just think most people wouldn't be able to soak it in too well initially.
Ya! I don't particularly like the cow tracks, but love the Russian-themed ones. I would definitely do one of the female tracks.

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 26 Apr 2017, 21:29

Bonkers wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 19:21
otter87 wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 01:26

Ya! I don't particularly like the cow tracks, but love the Russian-themed ones. I would definitely do one of the female tracks.
A handful of female HRG tracks that I could see are:

Lilly - You Play A Wonderful Game
Lou-Lou Marina - You Are My Paradise
Mara Nell - Rain Man
Martina Dry - September In The Rain
Nikita Jr. - Bandido Guy

Phil Jay Falcon

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 06 Jan 2019, 21:00

Hmm, let me think...

The truth is, i never tried to introduce someone to eurobeat. The only thing i remember is, that i just post some of my favorites in another forum. That was the time, where i became a huge Eurobeat-fan myself. And that started with "Running in the 90s" and "Golden age" from Max Coveri. Of course, some users said "oh cool, sounds not bad", but nothing more.

Maybe i would introduce someone with some Eurobeat-tracks from Initial D, cause these tracks were popular and are easy to find. I would choose the 2 Songs from Max Coveri and also choose Niko with "Night of fire", Marko Polo with "Speedy speed boy", "Drivin' crazy" from Ace and of course "No one sleep in Tokyo" from the Edo Boys. And don't forget "Space boy" from Dave Rodgers. And only for a single reason: Because I started this way myself. The anime itself was shit, but the Soundtracks were godlike. I would not start with all my favorites, that i have in my Playlist. It's always better not to overdo it.

But of course you have to show, that Eurobeat is much more than just Soundtracks from Initial D and later, you must show them more. But i would start like this, if i want to introduce someone to this genre.