Work - the real world

There's a wide world also outside of Eurobeat, this is where you discuss it.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 08 Nov 2007, 23:32

1. I'm a student at the Saint-Félicien College (Cégep de St-Félicien for those who speaks/understands French)

2. I hate homeworks. The mates in my classes are right and cool. But, only the homeworks, makes me hate it.

3. In the bus, in the corridors, while eating lunch, YES! Viva my MP3 Player!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Nov 2007, 03:09

So you live in France?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Nov 2007, 11:45

drnrg wrote:So you live in France?
No. Click the first the link and zoom out... I think you'll discover approximatively where I live.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 09 Nov 2007, 11:59

Lebon14 wrote:
No. Click the first the link and zoom out... I think you'll discover approximatively where I live.
Or just say you're Canadian...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Nov 2007, 12:06

MKwiakaku wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:
Or just say you're Canadian...
It's because I kinda said it with the first link... -_-
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 09 Nov 2007, 16:37

1. Customer Service Representative for eBay's Account Take-Over team.
2. It's awesome as hell. Somedays, the eBay members make me sad but it's just all over a chat system so I don't have to use the phone, and most of my time is in other things like securing accounts, pulling listings from the website, etc.
3. We can do whatever the hell we want if we meet are productivity for the week. I also work graves so everything is more relaxed. Although, it's work policy to allow people to listen to their iPod.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Nov 2007, 20:06

Observation: Quite a few of you reside in Canada. Do all of you know each other apart from the forums? I guess Eurobeat is pretty popular down there huh?

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 10 Nov 2007, 23:37

drnrg wrote:Observation: Quite a few of you reside in Canada. Do all of you know each other apart from the forums? I guess Eurobeat is pretty popular down there huh?
Nope, it really isnt :(

Densetsu13 and I go out together, but British Columbia is as far from Quebec as Italy (Canada is one huge country). I did meet D-tan and taQ though, since they are part of Disco NRG with my boyfriend *winks at them*

Canada is totally ignorant of Eurobeat... it doesnt really exist over here, and the ParaPara Paradise arcade machines are slowly disappearing. I think the arcade game, featuring all Super Eurobeat, is what got most of us into Eurobeat/ParaPara over here!

I do want to try and spin some Eurobeat in a rave in the near future though! :idea:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 12 Nov 2007, 17:55

Canada's mainstream music pretty much mirrors the usa's charts, with the exception of a few canadian artists etc.

eurobeat in canada = anime / ddr music :) It's most known here (at least, on the west coast - as said canada is huge) at anime cons. :(

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 12 Nov 2007, 22:10

Heh, drnrg, some of know eachother really casually.

From what I can tell, the biggest scenes are, not surprisingly, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver to a lesser degree.

For the most part, Toronto's considered a huge centre for DnB/Jungle/Ragga (I'm told the biggest in NA, but I'm not sure I'd go that far...) with a somewhat sizeable hardcore scene, (mostly happy, lots of candykids still hanging around) and some decent psy events and DJs in the neighbourhood. You don't see a lot of house, though there are a lot of clubs who'll run a sort of 'retro' eurodance type set every so often.

Densetsu's probably in a better position than I am to describe the scene in Montreal, but from what I understand there's something of a burgeoning hardcore scene there, but altogether, not too different from Toronto with a variety of clubs and events with a plethora of hardcore/trance/dnb DJs.

North American culture is still seemingly reeling from the 80's rejection of commercialized disco and house, unless you happen to be an outstanding producer or hang onto a trendwhore like Madonna and can ressurect any genre you like. >_>
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Work - the real world

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 14 Feb 2019, 23:45

lightsol wrote: 23 May 2007, 21:17 What do you all do for work?
Do you like it?
Can you listen to eurobeat at work?

1. I work at a beverage market.
2. Well..... sometimes. >_>
3. Unfortunately no.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: Work - the real world

Post by Bonkers » 17 Sep 2019, 03:04

I am a teacher. This is my 8th year teaching. I've taught 1st grade (for international peeps, kids aged 6-7) for 5 years, and this is my 3rd year teaching 2nd Grade (kids aged 7-8). We have community meeting at the end the day, so yes, we have little dance parties where I play happy hardcore, eurodance, and of course, eurobeat.