The Best Of Super Eurobeat 2019 (new release)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: THE BEST OF SUPER EUROBEAT 2019 (new release)

Post by Bonkers » 04 Oct 2019, 02:02

Woop woop! almost here!! Which is your favorite track so far (From the ones they've made para routines for)?

I am most excited for Dance To The Carmen

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 06 Oct 2019, 16:08

Mark Foster is already available and sounds good.

I don’t expect good things from Delta. Their sound style after 2010 is absolutely unpleasant. Although I would like to think differently.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 09 Oct 2019, 13:51

I pre-ordered mine from AmazonJP, and in the past, they've always shipped it the day of release, but my copy still hasn't been shipped. Has anyone else's?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 10 Oct 2019, 18:52

Bonkers wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 13:51 I pre-ordered mine from AmazonJP, and in the past, they've always shipped it the day of release, but my copy still hasn't been shipped. Has anyone else's?
Be patient, they shipped it the next day. ;)!

I'm looking forward to getting it, I can use a new release to listen in the car~

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Oct 2019, 19:07

SuperEuroJimmy wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 18:52
Bonkers wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 13:51 I pre-ordered mine from AmazonJP, and in the past, they've always shipped it the day of release, but my copy still hasn't been shipped. Has anyone else's?
Be patient, they shipped it the next day. ;)!

I'm looking forward to getting it, I can use a new release to listen in the car~
It should be here tomorrow! <3

Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: The Best Of Super Eurobeat 2019 (new release)

Post by Bonkers » 13 Oct 2019, 03:33

Here's my ranking:

Fireworks:
Gold Night
Forever in My Mind
Call Me Through The Night
Candy Boy
Misty Blue
Tokyo Night Hurricane
Dance To The Carmen

Sparklers:
Supersonic Hero
Cosplay Girl
Lady Shy
Pussy Cat
Dance To The Eurobeat
Santa Maria
Parapara Sakura

Duds:
0!!

Brightest Firework:
I gotta hand it over to Candy Boy! The melody just touches my soul. And that 7 min runtime is fantastic!

dr.gabriel
Verified Account

Post by dr.gabriel » 14 Oct 2019, 19:49

Thank you Bonkers <3

Bonkers wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 03:33 Here's my ranking:

Fireworks:
Gold Night
Forever in My Mind
Candy Boy
Misty Blue
Tokyo Night Hurricane
Dance To The Carmen

Sparklers:
Supersonic Hero
Cosplay Girl
Lady Shy
Pussy Cat
Dance To The Eurobeat
Santa Maria
Parapara Sakura

Duds:
0!!

Brightest Firework:
I gotta hand it over to Candy Boy! The melody just touches my soul. And that 7 min runtime is fantastic!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 22 Oct 2019, 20:54

It was a weak album for me...
Dance to the Eurobeat, Lady Shy and Dance to the Carmen were definitely my favorites. However, Dave Rodgers could not delight me with his songs. Misty Blue was okay, but Gold Night was horrible. Pussy Cat and Candy Boy deserve a "decent". The remaining songs probably won't be played often.

100 points for putting No More Lies on the megamxi, though. I don#t understand why we still get around 90% the same songs all over again, though. The Nuage part in the end was not my taste too. I really wish they'd do a goddamn Best of Post-200...

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 26 Oct 2019, 10:43

I agree, the album is pretty weak. There are only two really good songs for me, Dance To The Eurobeat and Candy Boy.

+
Dance To The Eurobeat 10/10
Candy Boy (Pleasent light sound. This is a masterpiece that can be listened to endlessly. <3 ) 10/10
Parapara Sakura 8,5/10 (simple but correctly selected sounds give a good result.)

+/-
Gold Night
Lady Shy
Misty Blue
Santa Maria
Tokyo Night Hurricane
Forever In My Mind

-
Supersonic Hero
Cosplay Girl
Dance To The Carmen
Pussy Cat

Gtmkm98
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Gtmkm98 » 01 Jan 2020, 23:43

My Basic Review (All Arranged From Best to Worst):
Supersonic Hero :grin:
Cosplay Girl :grin:
Call Me Through The Night :)
Misty Blue :)
Pussy Cat :)
Tokyo Night Hurricane :)
Dance to the Eurobeat :)
Candy Boy :|
Lady Shy :|
Gold Night :|
Santa Maria :|
Parapara Sakura :???:
Forever In My Mind :???:
Dance To the Carmen :ew:

I will give a thorough explanation soon.
There's No Traffic Light at the Speed of Light.

-Supersonic Hero, by Steve Holley

Gtmkm98
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Gtmkm98 » 11 Jan 2020, 02:17

My Thorough Review of this Album:

Steve Holley - Supersonic Hero - WOW. I fell in love with this song as soon as I gave it a listen. This dude is like the new Ken Laszlo in a way, with a pretty unusual voice that just draws me into it. The lyrics are powerful and strong, and the bridge is just amazing. The Sabi is rather amazing in a way I can't describe. I know most people here do not really rank this song high, but I am different.
Final Score: 10/10

Manuel - Cosplay Girl - This song at first was a near-instant skip, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. The first set of lyrics seems weird and out of place, but the further into this song you get, the better it gets. There are a lot of unusual and out of place lyrics, but Manuel and Go-Go's Music rarely ever get it wrong. When this song was over, It went from one of the lowest on my list to the second-highest in just a few listens.
Final Score: 9/10

Ken Blast - Call Me Through the Night - As soon as the song begins, it draws you in with its great intro, but it goes downhill past the first Sabi. Ken Blast sounds like his voice is extremely airy throughout the song, unlike in his Odyssey pieces, like Show Your Hand and Discord 2019; Beyond the intro, this song loses my interest quickly.
Final Score: 8/10

Dave Rodgers and Eurobeat Union - Misty Blue - This song is pretty good. From the great Sabi to the two-part chorus, this song is great. However, I don't know anyone from Eurobeat Union - they are like ghosts. It just takes the interest away from the song. You don't even hear these people! The amazing intro of Call Me Through the Night and the mystery of Eurobeat Union just put this song under the above song by just half of a point.
Final Score: 7.5/10

Mad Cow and The Fun Cats - Pussy Cat - Ooh, the return of Mad Cow! Even with the thrill of his return, this song has a sense of confusion that is common among HRG songs. It has great usage of cat noises and even the interesting voice of Mad Cow, but in the classic Hi-NRG fashion, it just falls behind the other labels.
Final Score: 7/10

Nick Festari - Tokyo Night Hurricane - Nick Festari must be having the time of his life over at his new label. This song is probably the furthest extent of his power and glory, but he is still getting the kinks out of his new label. It is hard to recognize that it is him, as he is experiencing the Ken Blast problem. I will cut him some slack because it is his new label, but this new label needs some new voices and needs to get its kinks out. I'm pretty sure that he will give his new label what it deserves. Good job, Nick, you have left HRG for better places.

Mark Foster - Dance to the Eurobeat - This song would probably have been worse if Mauro Farina hadn't sounded highly reminiscent to Manuel. It fits in perfectly to the rhythm and I actually suspected that this was actually Manuel. The only downfall to this piece is the Eurobeat is a rather basic style and needs a little more power to shine; actually pretty good for the legendary Mauro Farina.

Andrea Delfino - Candy Boy - "My Life is Gettin' Spice!"; Wow, that is probably the best beat drop in a long time, but it goes slightly downhill from there. I am not that big of a fan of this type of Eurobeat, and the seven-minute run time gives away its Eurobeat style. Pretty good, considering this is one of her first songs.
Final Score: 6.5/10

Elena Ferretti - Lady Shy - Oh, the TIME Records legend is back! She is here with a great hit for the ages. Let's just say it is pretty good for a slow and interesting comeback, but I should expect more from her. At least it is faster and more jarring than Candy Boy.
Final Score: 6/10

Dave Rodgers and Eurobeat Union - Gold Night - Let's just say it took a while for this to grow on me, unlike Misty Blue. The faster and brisker Sabi allows for a great compromise between the brisker Gold Night and the better vocal-wise Misty Blue. It just fell down the ranks after the other great songs left it in the dust.
Final Score: 5.5/10

Cherry - Santa Maria - I have never been a fan of Cherry's voice. It is just not my type. The song is good, but the vocals drop it all into the trash can. Final Score: 4/10

Koshin and the Egg Girls - Parapara Sakura - I thought this was HRG with its wacky title, but no. It's the strangers over at Eurobeat Union. This song never showed its true colors to me. That's all I'm gonna say.
Final Score: 3.5/10

Tipsy and Tipsy - Forever in My Mind - This is not the Tipsy and Tipsy I remember. I do not like this type of Eurobeat. This is not the Saifam-style Eurobeat I remember. This is completely new to me. I do not like this at all.
Final Score: 2/10

Carmen Diva and Boris - Dance to the Carmen - Carmen Suite, by Bizet, is one of my favorite classical pieces. But this...this just makes me wanna throw up. Trying to make The Carmen into Eurobeat is a disgrace to the song. No, Delta, just no.
Final Score: 0/10

That was my very first review! I hope you agree with it.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 11 Jan 2020, 06:38

My only issue with Supersonic Hero is the crap mastering. Sandro should know better GoGo's use to have lots of heavier drums and bass in their tracks. The lack of percussion power just ruined the track for me. It's still not as bad as Hurry Up Hurry Up by Lolita, there's literally no drum in that track...it's just a soft pat.

Gtmkm98
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Gtmkm98 » 11 Jan 2020, 13:46

Bonkers wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 06:38 My only issue with Supersonic Hero is the crap mastering. Sandro should know better GoGo's use to have lots of heavier drums and bass in their tracks. The lack of percussion power just ruined the track for me. It's still not as bad as Hurry Up Hurry Up by Lolita, there's literally no drum in that track...it's just a soft pat.
After taking note of your comment, I have noticed what you mean. I wonder how I never noticed that before...I guess I'm just ignorant.