The Queen Of Emotions by Debbie Lyn's extended mix is corrupted due to a mispressing

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Hellacia
Bad Bad Bad

The Queen Of Emotions by Debbie Lyn's extended mix is corrupted due to a mispressing

Post by Hellacia » 06 Jul 2022, 05:16

I've talked to some people about this on the discord server, but the vinyl release for The Queen Of Emotions by Debbie Lyn is completely botched by a mispressing that was never fixed. I have a video of the skip occuring on my own copy as the record is spinning - the needle doesn't jump at ALL during it, so it's a pretty wild error. https://www.reddit.com/r/eurobeat/comme ... &context=3

At first I though it was just a defect with my copy due to a seemingly proper extended mix being uploaded by Tom Tan, only to find out that was actually an edit he made as he told me the skip was in his copy too. Further more, I contacted the seller I got it from, MEGA-MIX about it, and they tested all 10 of their copies, and confirmed every single one had it as well (they now include a warning as you are about to buy it). Lastly, YouTuber Vectrex4Life confirmed it was in his copy as well.

I then contacted Luca Pernici on Facebook about the issue, and surprisingly, this was his first time hearing about the issue. I had to translate all of his messages from Italian to English, but communication was fairly easy. He believes it was an error made by the pressing plant, and wasn't an issue made on his end. He then unfortunately confirmed the worst - he has absolutely no idea where the DAT master copies went to, and couple that with a rumor Time lost some of their master copies, this leads to a pretty saddening situation where we may not be able to see the completed extended mix.

It's pretty insane such an issue has been completely ignored for around 26 years now, and no one bothered making a note in the Discogs page about it (it's now been updated to include notes about it, https://www.discogs.com/release/998636- ... f-Emotions)

Tiger
Master of Time

Re: The Queen Of Emotions by Debbie Lyn's extended mix is corrupted due to a mispressing

Post by Tiger » 06 Jul 2022, 22:00

Avex might have a proper extended mix but good luck trying to get it from them.

It probably has been noticed before in the Japanese scene but it wasn't publicized. I am just guessing though.

Hellacia
Bad Bad Bad

Re: The Queen Of Emotions by Debbie Lyn's extended mix is corrupted due to a mispressing

Post by Hellacia » 07 Jul 2022, 05:36

Tiger wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 22:00 Avex might have a proper extended mix but good luck trying to get it from them.

It probably has been noticed before in the Japanese scene but it wasn't publicized. I am just guessing though.
Even with this I don't know if they have it or not. After all, they did re use vinyl rips of What Kind Of Cure and USA, as well as used a shitty youtube to mp3 rip of Away for Battle Stage 3

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 30 Jul 2022, 09:32

Hellacia wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 05:16It's pretty insane such an issue has been completely ignored for around 26 years now, and no one bothered making a note in the Discogs page about it (it's now been updated to include notes about it, https://www.discogs.com/release/998636- ... f-Emotions)
Well, not quite ignored for 26 years. People like me who got this record when it was released back in 1996 actually did notice this. But after a while, one gets used to it and it just became a funny part of the song. There was no reason to mention it anywhere. It even could have been just a producer joke. Remember Alan Ford - Magic? It also contains some funny parts which one would not expect in a usual mix.

However, it is interesting to hear that Luca Pernici said he probably didn't do this :D He's still one of my favourite producers.