OMG, that's scary... O_O

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

OMG, that's scary... O_O

Post by cheeseman » 29 May 2006, 10:19

I've been looking for some information on Giacomo Caria (particularily photos) and I came across this article:

http://www2.telelombardia.it/notizia.ph ... tizia=1347

It's about a 76-year-old man named Giorgio Caria who was almost killed by his grandson, called... Giacomo Caria. :shock:
It wouldn't be so scary if the whole thing hadn't happened in... Mantova, the home of A-Beat C!
What's even more scary is the fact that he was living with his grandfather - as you probably know, Giacomo Caria's father (Gino Caria) died almost ten years ago...

I hope that's just my sick imagination. :shock:

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 29 May 2006, 10:41

But Giacomo, the son of Gino Caria is 17 - 18 Y/O, eh?
This Giacomo Caria in the article is 25 Y/O, that is to say he is a different person.

Il Resto Del Carlino
It says in this daily paper that Elena Ferretti passed away last month at the age of 75.
ImageImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 29 May 2006, 12:18

oresama-chan wrote:But Giacomo, the son of Gino Caria is 17 - 18 Y/O, eh?
This Giacomo Caria in the article is 25 Y/O, that is to say he is a different person.
I considered that, but it seems there is no official source saying he is 17-18... At least I didn't find one - if you did, I'd be relieved. :)
oresama-chan wrote:It says in this daily paper that Elena Ferretti passed away last month at the age of 75.
I read that one too - but that's a slightly bigger age difference, isn't it? :wink:
Besides, that's a clearly different part of Italy.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 29 May 2006, 13:54

cheeseman wrote: I considered that, but it seems there is no official source saying he is 17-18...
I've been thinking that it is written on some SEB booklet. :shock:
I've not got the booklet, though.

Also it's quite often the case in the eurobeat world that even what is officially announced is actually a made-up story. :lol: (e.g. Barbara Maniscalch)
ImageImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 29 May 2006, 14:12

oresama-chan wrote:Also it's quite often the case in the eurobeat world that even what is officially announced is actually a made-up story. :lol: (e.g. Barbara Maniscalch)
Oh, what about her? You mean she didn't exist? :D

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 29 May 2006, 14:44

cheeseman wrote: Oh, what about her? You mean she didn't exist? :D
:D On the booklet of Valentina's album "Your Love", her biography is reading as follows.

She could made her debut in 1991 at Domino's hands, who is her friend
since she got acquainted with her in her high school days.

As you know, the vocalist for Valentina had been singing from mid-end '80s.
:twisted:
ImageImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 29 May 2006, 14:59

oresama-chan wrote: :D On the booklet of Valentina's album "Your Love", her biography is reading as follows.

She could made her debut in 1991 at Domino's hands, who is her friend
since she got acquainted with her in her high school days.

As you know, the vocalist for Valentina had been singing from mid-end '80s.
:twisted:
Ah, that's right, I've read somewhere that Barbara Maniscalch is actually Elena Ferretti. Is that true? Cause in the EP database she's a different person...

michaelz
Eurocurious

Re: OMG, that's scary... O_O

Post by michaelz » 29 May 2006, 20:15

cheeseman wrote:I've been looking for some information on Giacomo Caria (particularily photos) and I came across this article:

http://www2.telelombardia.it/notizia.ph ... tizia=1347

It's about a 76-year-old man named Giorgio Caria who was almost killed by his grandson, called... Giacomo Caria. :shock:
It wouldn't be so scary if the whole thing hadn't happened in... Mantova, the home of A-Beat C!
What's even more scary is the fact that he was living with his grandfather - as you probably know, Giacomo Caria's father (Gino Caria) died almost ten years ago...

I hope that's just my sick imagination. :shock:
interesting -_-;
further prove anybody...

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 30 May 2006, 00:25

cheeseman wrote: Ah, that's right, I've read somewhere that Barbara Maniscalch is actually Elena Ferretti. Is that true? Cause in the EP database she's a different person...
Yeah, I think so. If they should be different persons, they must be twins with
the same voice. :P
I've been saying on EP forums (at least 4 times) they are the same person,
so I'm kinda tired of repeating that. :lol:
Besides, if Barbara Maniscalch is Italian, her last name would have to be
"Maniscalchi". They have the word Maniscalch in Milanese dialect, but
it seems a bit odd for Italian last name. :?:
ImageImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 May 2006, 05:05

8) The original King & Queen and "Love Love " Queen of Times. Both Elena. That is why they sound so good for AbeatC. I'm glad she did not decide to stay at AbeatC.

...about the article, That happened to me one with an article about Nando Bonini(remember that one, Oresama?) I actually have seen pics and articles about Luigi Vincini, but he is a different person. A poet and architect of some sort. and yes he is Italian.
I doubt you will find anything on Giacomo Caria, because it is hard as hell to find anything on his dad, Gino Caria. Not even pics. Remember we have to use Coversleeve for a pic? It seems that Gino, even though contributed more than 100 songs (sung and written)and aliases, is highly unsung in the Italo world. :cry: He sang on other labels. For instance on FLEA he did vocals for many songs.One of his most famouse is the carbon-copy of Maio & Co's "For Your Love" Gino's version was called "Somebody" and sang under Giancarlo's old allias, Blue Sunbeam. Confusing? Well Italo is very much a mystery. That's what makes it so interesting. :D I think if Gino was still around ,Vibration would be in the frontline! :D

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 30 May 2006, 15:17

drnrg wrote: That happened to me one with an article about Nando Bonini(remember that one, Oresama?)
Not half. *nods* :lol:
I actually have seen pics and articles about Luigi Vincini, but he is a different person. A poet and architect of some sort.
Ah, I remember seeing them, too.
It seems that Gino, even though contributed more than 100 songs (sung and written)and aliases, is highly unsung in the Italo world.

Yeah, quite so. Recently I often visit Italian Italo-Disco forum and to my
disappointment no one is talking about Gino Caria, Nando Bonini and
Clara! Those ppl don't seem to even know who Gino Caria was.:(
I guess it's because their focus of interest would be Italo-Disco
produced by about '86 - '87.
ImageImageImage

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 30 May 2006, 18:24

oresama-chan wrote:Those ppl don't seem to even know who Gino Caria was.:(
I guess it's because their focus of interest would be Italo-Disco
produced by about '86 - '87.
You could ask them if they know for example Mr. Me - I Go Down or 50&50 Brothers - Red Man. If so, they know Gino, albeit not by name :lol:

Anyway, Gino is still in my memory. I will never forget him. He was one of the most important people for eurobeat music!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 May 2006, 08:15

8) Don't forgett he was one of the original founders of Vibration recs and the original vocals of Jackie O, and Jimmy Bravo..I think Mike Danger too. "Flippin Out" and "Diablo Man" SWEEET!! 8)

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 31 May 2006, 19:45

Yes, I'm just listening to Tommy K - Mexico, one of his last songs for TIME before he started VIBRATION. Great song! I think that Mike Danger was someone else, but Jimmy Bravo and Jackie O were Gino for sure!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Jun 2006, 06:56

8) Ithink so too. Mike sang with another guy, Chris Day on a duet "Give Your Soul To Me" I liked that song so much. Later Chris Day sounded totally different on "Sexy Diva" Any idea who Chris was at the TIME?

jeurobeat wrote:
Yes, I'm just listening to Tommy K - Mexico, one of his last songs for TIME

While your listening to that one ,take a listen to "Fun Fun make It Function"- Marc B. Is that Nando singing on that song?